TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Under 30s Only - What is you & your spouses combined salary?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

What is you and your spouses combined salary?

less than $10,000
22%
$10,000 to $15,000
19%
$15,000 to $20,000
13%
$20,000 to $25,000
7%
$25,000 to $30,000
6%
$30,000 to $40,000
10%
$40,000+
23%

Total votes: 135

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Under 30s Only - What is you & your spouses combined salary?

Postby maj. tom » July 1st, 2019, 6:08 pm

l33t2 wrote:I have two incomes, job pays around 25k after taxes and my side hustle averages around 20-25k/mo.

Right now deliberating if to push side hustle harder or maintain.....pushing it harder requires me to quit but this side hustle if done right, can clock 100k a month or more.

l33t2 wrote:Yes honestly it's not lifestyle inflation alone, for someone just trying to live and an average lifestyle: groceries for one person are around 3k a month. Liming and just some free spending is at least 2k, bills 1k, car loan and insurances 3-4k. Then let's say u have rent or mortgage. That's at least 6 to 8k on a 25k salary (before tax).

Those normal expenses add up at least 15k. Men making 25k are getting 18-19k after taxes.

That leaves barely any savings or rainy day money. So yes, I'm damned lucky my after tax salary is 25k otherwise I'd have no savings or free spending money. And I don't even have a car loan right now.

Cant imagine supporting a wife and family with a 25k salary.

You eh play you could take your "hiding your homosexuality" schemes to a different level of pathological liar nah. I think it worse how so many people does believe what you write. I keep telling you that it's 2019 and nobody cares if you gay.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 1st, 2019, 6:52 pm

Trinituner. Where you can be all that you want to be!

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » July 1st, 2019, 7:56 pm

maj. tom wrote:
l33t2 wrote:I have two incomes, job pays around 25k after taxes and my side hustle averages around 20-25k/mo.

Right now deliberating if to push side hustle harder or maintain.....pushing it harder requires me to quit but this side hustle if done right, can clock 100k a month or more.

l33t2 wrote:Yes honestly it's not lifestyle inflation alone, for someone just trying to live and an average lifestyle: groceries for one person are around 3k a month. Liming and just some free spending is at least 2k, bills 1k, car loan and insurances 3-4k. Then let's say u have rent or mortgage. That's at least 6 to 8k on a 25k salary (before tax).

Those normal expenses add up at least 15k. Men making 25k are getting 18-19k after taxes.

That leaves barely any savings or rainy day money. So yes, I'm damned lucky my after tax salary is 25k otherwise I'd have no savings or free spending money. And I don't even have a car loan right now.

Cant imagine supporting a wife and family with a 25k salary.

You eh play you could take your "hiding your homosexuality" schemes to a different level of pathological liar nah. I think it worse how so many people does believe what you write. I keep telling you that it's 2019 and nobody cares if you gay.

Look another hater who can't read and comprehend.

Read carefully, my income from my salary is 25k after tax. My side business over the last year has been making between 20-25k a month. Ain't no lies brah. I still driving a 15 year old car. I still bulling a chick who doh acknowledge me publicly and don't want to be my gf. I still paying off big ass mortgage on a property that lost value. But if I make u insecure, I'm sorry. I know 2nr was your safe space.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » July 1st, 2019, 9:34 pm

rspann wrote:Trinituner. Where you can be all that you want to be!
i hear dey does be applying for loan using tuner posts as proof of income

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 1st, 2019, 9:38 pm

Oh sheit!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 1st, 2019, 9:50 pm

Imarketslive boy
Iml will set you free

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 1st, 2019, 9:57 pm

pugboy wrote:Imarketslive boy
Iml will set you free

That is the side hustle that bringing in $25g

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 1st, 2019, 9:58 pm

.....Asking for a friend

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 2nd, 2019, 6:00 am

:popcorn:

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 2nd, 2019, 6:26 am

At age 27 I had already brought a house and converted it into 4 appartments. I use the proceeds from the rent to pay the mortgage . That paid off for itself. Plus I had my income from my job which kept me going.

All the other guys my age was running down hoes, sluts and carnival. Now they have not one chit to show for their lives and still living with family.

l33t2
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby l33t2 » July 2nd, 2019, 10:56 am

zoom rader wrote:At age 27 I had already brought a house and converted it into 4 appartments. I use the proceeds from the rent to pay the mortgage . That paid off for itself. Plus I had my income from my job which kept me going.

All the other guys my age was running down hoes, sluts and carnival. Now they have not one chit to show for their lives and still living with family.

Well I try to do both, but I secured my place first since I hated living at home with my family. That's been the best decision of my life since I never realized how toxic a family can be (not intentionally but the pressure to please and sibling bachannal was too much).

Bimmerhead
Street 2NR

Postby Bimmerhead » July 2nd, 2019, 10:58 am

I Was raised to not watch what other have because u dont know what was done or endured to have it but i also do hope to have such at 27.

I remember seeing a guy my age (22) at the time driving around in a new model Audi A6 and my other friends would drool only to find out a few months later it was a borrowed gift from his sugar daddy a prominent business man ...yes i said Daddy

Also had a partner that is a fitness trainer doing house calls etc nd not too long after was driving around in a new Mazda 3 and boasting one of his much older married female clients bought it for him so she can have "exclusive access"

Everyone has their route

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 2nd, 2019, 12:18 pm

zoom rader wrote:At age 27 I had already brought a house and converted it into 4 appartments. I use the proceeds from the rent to pay the mortgage . That paid off for itself. Plus I had my income from my job which kept me going.

Zr is not a typical PNM grassroots supporter.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » July 2nd, 2019, 5:02 pm

i remember in form1 had a man used to say he have 4 PS1, 6 N64 & 5 mountain bike

like he on tuner now

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 2nd, 2019, 5:57 pm

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 2nd, 2019, 6:01 pm

Aite - I am not under 30 but still:

l33t2 wrote:Yes honestly it's not lifestyle inflation alone, for someone just trying to live and an average lifestyle: groceries for one person are around 3k a month. Cant imagine supporting a wife and family with a 25k salary.

Hoss - what you eating so? Beluga whale and caviar?

You sound like you meed some serious advice on financial planning and how to live BELOW your means.

I have a family of 3 and my grocery bills average about $1,500.00 per month - IF I splurge.

I paid off my mortgage 6 years before time. When I got my mortgage, my salary was about $4,500.00 per month. Those were the days of plenty Crix and cheese. I had a wife and then a child to support. I always lived below my means even when I started earning more.

That allowed me to say for many rainy days.

I left full time employment about 4 years after getting my mortgage and have not looked back since.

If you cannot support a family on $25k per month, I am speechless.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 2nd, 2019, 7:14 pm

Taught was me alone^ but I stay quiet...3k on groceries...I does buy all kinds madness(pricesmart& grocery for 3 people) and its an average of 2k for around 6 weeks or so....

My folks ran a house comfortably on 6k (combined) comfortably back in the early 90s..My moms taught us to never buy food and cook your own and to never pay people to do things for you that you can do yourself(eg washing your car)..

I building my house but im not taking a mortgage...I'd build easily and when it done, IT DONE.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2019, 7:19 pm

Doh forget the judges and politicians need a pension of $45k to just barely survive

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » July 2nd, 2019, 7:24 pm

I met a lot of working professionals in extremely dire straights right now because the work they have to settle for now cant pay the bills they locked themselves into before.

Man and wife taking home 25k combined, took out a 1.5m mortgage, whose repayments are just about 11k/month. Both got laid off and ended up getting a combined 16k now.

Idk how they making out, but i feel they have their parents chipping in on both ends.

Always live below your means. The banks give you as much rope as you need to hang yourself with.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2019, 8:02 pm

But the real estate market not reflecting that
Property prices ain’t really coming down

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » July 2nd, 2019, 8:10 pm

Friends,

Manage your money, live within your means. Seek financial advice as necessary.

But most importantly....

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » July 2nd, 2019, 8:35 pm

For real
I have padnas who spend hundreds on online shopping junk every week

TheBoostLord
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby TheBoostLord » July 2nd, 2019, 8:40 pm

buying property is almost impossible for most employed citizens

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » July 2nd, 2019, 8:44 pm

pugboy wrote:But the real estate market not reflecting that
Property prices ain’t really coming down

TnT is a tiny real estate market propped up by money laundering.

When recession hit other countries, property prices crash, ask any family/friends in the US what happened in 2008. In Trinidad it just pauses for a while instead.

If you watch a market valuation of most properties up for sale, then watch the listing price with real estate agents you have to wonder who the hell actually paying the stark difference between the two.

When properties already change hands and a valuation is required for stamp duty, the respective professionals have to scratch their heads for days. Is only so much a house of a given size can go for with its current fixtures and construction. Which leaves the remainder as the land portion of the conveyance, which usually ends up being 60-80% more than it should be.

Madness

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 2nd, 2019, 8:45 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:buying property is almost impossible for most employed citizens

So how everybody who have property get it ?

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » July 2nd, 2019, 8:52 pm

Like this, until their income slowly increases and inflation chips away at the relative magnitude of the mortgage payment.
Attachments
House poor.PNG
House poor.PNG (10.73 KiB) Viewed 4259 times

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 2nd, 2019, 9:11 pm

TheBoostLord wrote:buying property is almost impossible for most employed citizens

Cheapest t&c lot is around 250k....well that depends on the area and well these days yuh have to consider where flooding

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 2nd, 2019, 11:32 pm

the salaries I'm seeing quoted here makes me happy that despite my son doing his degree currently I've also engendered an entrepreneurial spirit in him, it also explains why some students leave their studies midway and become self-employed, not from an inability to complete but instead because of a sense of realism and self-awareness

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 3rd, 2019, 12:02 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Taught was me alone^ but I stay quiet...3k on groceries...I does buy all kinds madness(pricesmart& grocery for 3 people) and its an average of 2k for around 6 weeks or so....

My folks ran a house comfortably on 6k (combined) comfortably back in the early 90s..My moms taught us to never buy food and cook your own and to never pay people to do things for you that you can do yourself(eg washing your car)..

I building my house but im not taking a mortgage...I'd build easily and when it done, IT DONE.

My parents who both worked, managed a household for around the same figure in the 1980's. My mother cooked EVERYDAY (up to now I do not know how she managed that) and occasionally my father would bring home some Royal Castle. They lived way below their means. My father was very handy in the yard as well because he grew up in Toco. We did not have anyone to clean the yard. My parents NEVER owned a car. It was public transportation or walking everywhere.

Building your own house saves you a lot of money in the long run. That is a good move.

I still cannot fathom someone earning $25k per month complaining about making ends meet. It boggles the mind.

Even if I go Pricesmart, my spend averages $500.00. I buy essentials, in Pricesmart, that are more expensive in the grocery - butter, cheese. In the grocery, I buy 2 for 1 specials, if available. You save a ton of money like that.

I only buy online during sale events that I know for sure are sale events. That is about twice a year and I stick strictly to a budget.

Gas bill is about $100.00 per week. It has not changed in years notwithstanding Shortman increases. Wherever that takes us for the week is where it takes us. Otherwise, walk or take public transport including the bus.

I used to walk to school to save .25c (yes, that was the taxi fee at the time). When I lived abroad, I used to walk the length of Manhattan - from one end to the other. No biggie. Saved a lot in passage.

My wife and I both work. Her money is hers to spend. Mine is ours to save. It works for us. It may not work for all.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » July 3rd, 2019, 4:49 am

bluefete wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Taught was me alone^ but I stay quiet...3k on groceries...I does buy all kinds madness(pricesmart& grocery for 3 people) and its an average of 2k for around 6 weeks or so....

My parents who both worked, managed a household for around the same figure in the 1980's. My mother cooked EVERYDAY (up to now I do not know how she managed that) and occasionally my father would bring home some Royal Castle. They lived way below their means. My father was very handy in the yard as well because he grew up in Toco. We did not have anyone to clean the yard. My parents NEVER owned a car. It was public transportation or walking everywhere.

Building your own house saves you a lot of money in the long run. That is a good move.

I still cannot fathom someone earning $25k per month complaining about making ends meet. It boggles the mind.

Even if I go Pricesmart, my spend averages $500.00. I buy essentials, in Pricesmart, that are more expensive in the grocery - butter, cheese. In the grocery, I buy 2 for 1 specials, if available. You save a ton of money like that.

I only buy online during sale events that I know for sure are sale events. That is about twice a year and I stick strictly to a budget.

Gas bill is about $100.00 per week. It has not changed in years notwithstanding Shortman increases. Wherever that takes us for the week is where it takes us. Otherwise, walk or take public transport including the bus.

I used to walk to school to save .25c (yes, that was the taxi fee at the time). When I lived abroad, I used to walk the length of Manhattan - from one end to the other. No biggie. Saved a lot in passage.

My wife and I both work. Her money is hers to spend. Mine is ours to save. It works for us. It may not work for all.

Tbh brother, it's all about management,priorities and goals in life yes.I was brought up in the old school days and I am not ashamed to say I'm still living with my folks because the day my mother hear I paying $ for rent she WILL buss my head and she dead serious.I THANK GOD for my folks, it's 3 of us here and my brother away, I'm building and they insist and I not spend a dollar in their(i.e bills groceries etc) but I still give her ah lil summn and she does turn round and give me back for my birthday :|

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”