TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Under 30s Only - What is you & your spouses combined salary?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

What is you and your spouses combined salary?

less than $10,000
22%
$10,000 to $15,000
19%
$15,000 to $20,000
13%
$20,000 to $25,000
7%
$25,000 to $30,000
6%
$30,000 to $40,000
10%
$40,000+
23%

Total votes: 135

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Under 30s Only - What is you & your spouses combined salary?

Postby MaxPower » December 20th, 2022, 11:03 pm

Musical Doc wrote:This was so interesting to read through. Even tho we are over 30, my salary and wife's combined is about 14000 take home. It can be hard at times, but as I was explaining to her recently, no matter how much you work for, if it isn't managed properly then it will never be enough. Because the more you earn, the bigger your eye get and the more you end up splurging on. I remember like 7 years ago working for $6000 a month and paying $2000 in rent plus maintaining a car, buying food and still managing to save money and fly to florida for vacations. Once you know your goals and stick to them, you do what is necessary to meet those goals.

Well said toppy boss…

U doing well and management is the key.

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » December 20th, 2022, 11:13 pm

MaxPower wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:This was so interesting to read through. Even tho we are over 30, my salary and wife's combined is about 14000 take home. It can be hard at times, but as I was explaining to her recently, no matter how much you work for, if it isn't managed properly then it will never be enough. Because the more you earn, the bigger your eye get and the more you end up splurging on. I remember like 7 years ago working for $6000 a month and paying $2000 in rent plus maintaining a car, buying food and still managing to save money and fly to florida for vacations. Once you know your goals and stick to them, you do what is necessary to meet those goals.

Well said toppy boss…

U doing well and management is the key.

Pothound go from here please.

You know nothing of the sort, in fact, you display and advocate for the exact opposite of the text you highlighted.

ScHoolboySoloQ
Trinituner Peong

Postby ScHoolboySoloQ » December 21st, 2022, 1:48 am

Under 25, 21k combined, living with girlfriend, renting for 2200, we split everything equally, she drives her car to work and I travel because mines low and these roads not worth driving it everyday. I just fed up with everything and don't care about having things anymore so I living minimalistic. Some days I be hungry but I skip buying food and buy a bread to eat with tuna and salad I growing hydroponically.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 21st, 2022, 8:35 am

MDtuner70 wrote:

Nuff respect.

You already richer than the majority in terms of mentality.

Go through hard...

Thanks bro :)

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » December 21st, 2022, 11:17 am

Best option is to migrate.

Trinidad is finished

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » December 21st, 2022, 11:27 am

Kickstart wrote:Best option is to migrate.

Trinidad is finished

Zoom,

Top of the season to you and all the other Tobagonians.

Migrating is an option, but it is imperative that Trinis do not take their dirty habits and lackadaisical attitude in other countries.

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » December 21st, 2022, 2:13 pm

MaxPower wrote:

Trinidad is finished

Zoom,

Top of the season to you and all the other Tobagonians.

Migrating is an option, but it is imperative that Trinis do not take their dirty habits and lackadaisical attitude in other countries.

Stray dog, please kindly stop spamming all the threads with your dunce rubbish talk. The trinis you speak of is a direct reflection of your self bro.

Why haven't the mods ban you and your childish stupid hateful ways. Mods do we have to go through this process for the 4th time ? Do I have to highlight your lack of proper moderating again ? Do your wuk na. You are locking threads and removing messages, but your approach is all wrong. Go to the source and cut it. Stop allowing this dumb loser to spam all the threads with his uneducated childish posts.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 21st, 2022, 2:34 pm

Giving the cost of living atm, the impending increases in probably all utilities.....what is a realistic combined figure to live comfortably?? I know it all depends on your lifestyle etc...but all things being equal.

solarkh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby solarkh » December 21st, 2022, 2:42 pm

Trinidad is finished

Earlier said than done.

solarkh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby solarkh » December 21st, 2022, 2:43 pm

solarkh wrote:

Trinidad is finished

Easier said than done.

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » December 21st, 2022, 3:08 pm

solarkh wrote:
solarkh wrote:

Trinidad is finished

Easier said than done.
If folks want to escape, they can.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 21st, 2022, 6:11 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Giving the cost of living atm, the impending increases in probably all utilities.....what is a realistic combined figure to live comfortably?? I know it all depends on your lifestyle etc...but all things being equal.

At the BARE minimum, if you have no rent to pay and we talking average 4 person family unit (man, woman, 2 kids), approximately 12k net combined income is enough to survive and still have a SMALL savings, and when I say small I mean real small @ about 2-3%.

Same size family and outcome, but rent involved, that 12k goes up to 15-16.5k.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » December 22nd, 2022, 7:49 am

the <10k kinda expected

but the >40k is the other largest percentage wa d arse dawg? Allyuh selling drugs awa. tf

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » December 22nd, 2022, 9:32 am

ruffneck_12 wrote:the <10k kinda expected

but the >40k is the other largest percentage wa d arse dawg? Allyuh selling drugs awa. tf

It have real people does lie on this forum to

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » December 22nd, 2022, 9:57 am

If both people working in industry then 40k is about right. An engineer and accountant could easily make 20k each

Cantmis
punchin NOS

Postby Cantmis » December 22nd, 2022, 10:15 am

Oil and gas senior techs and engineers making that normal.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 22nd, 2022, 10:16 am

solarkh wrote:
solarkh wrote:

Trinidad is finished

Easier said than done.

Correct, I looked into the canada one, hadda have equivalent of $15000 canadian as proof of funds, do the exams that cists about 2200 ttd each, plus other requirements. If you have the money you can probably push through and do it, but if you have under $100000 ttd in savings then it difficult.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » December 22nd, 2022, 10:17 am

Kickstart wrote:

If both people working in industry then 40k is about right. An engineer and accountant could easily make 20k each

Agreed, but then not everybody can get to work in the industry. In the industry an accountant can work for over 20000, but outside the industry an accountant works for less than 10000

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » December 22nd, 2022, 10:27 am

Work backwards to make your salary work for you.
Always include 10-15% savings of your gross in your expenses.

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » December 22nd, 2022, 10:47 am

20k per person is sufferer salary in the industry unless you’re mid to low level employed with a contractor.

I think people underestimate how profitable these companies are.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 22nd, 2022, 11:09 am

I can tell there is a bunch of lying sufferer kunts in here.

That or a miscommunication, cause the op topic is unclear.
Combined salary is monthly or yearly? Cause these flyers think it's per annum :lol:

Val
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Val » December 22nd, 2022, 1:23 pm

Smokey wrote:Looking to do a poll to see what other young couples (married or not) work for and what they can afford in terms of housing.

Right now, I'm willing to bet only 5% of the couples under 30 can afford a house costing $1.5M.

Let's break it down a little for those who are just starting up.

1. A couple can have one or two salaries, and at greatly varied levels dependent on the industry they're in, and level they are at within the company. I've seen average middle aged people make anywhere from $3500 to $65000 monthly (same age, same physical ability, but differing education, position and industry, and negotiating skills).
2. 1.5M is an average townhouse or regular flat on a decently located plot of land.
3. If you are starting your mortgage before 30, with a view to pay off by retirement, of the full 1.5M, you're looking at around $9000 - $11000 per month for the mortgage alone.
4. Households have other expenses such as utilities, maintenance, taxes, amenities that can easily take your monthly cost to $10000 - $14000 per month.
5. Let's assume you accrue no further expenses as you grow, which is unlikely, since you want to live the dream of house, car(s), kid(s), travel etc.

You'd need a combined salary of approx $13000 to $20000 to live in such a home comfortably, pay your bus tickets (or gas bills), eat, make groceries, have a little savings (investment, insurance, whatever).

It makes it a lot easier, to scrunt for a few years, bum off your parents and save money for the downpayment to greatly decrease the value of the mortgage principal you need.

If you start at 25 (which is late to start work), in the 5 years you get to thirty, and at 10k a month between the two of you, and say you spend half of it during that time, you can easily save $300,000 and bring down your mortgage to 1.2M.

MDtuner70
Sweet on this forum

Postby MDtuner70 » December 22nd, 2022, 7:20 pm

Dave wrote:Work backwards to make your salary work for you.
Always include 10-15% savings of your gross in your expenses.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » December 22nd, 2022, 7:36 pm

rollingstock wrote:I can tell there is a bunch of lying sufferer kunts in here.

Combined salary is monthly or yearly? Cause these flyers think it's per annum :lol:

Hoss just take a look around the country and you'd realize how many people or households are making over 40k easily. Obviously, this poll is heavily biased toward that demographic.....car enthusiasts aren't often going to be scrunting.

I make on average 80-90k after tax. Not bad, but I'm basically 40........10 years ago I was earning 16k after tax.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Under 30s Only - What is you & your spouses combined salary?

Postby MaxPower » December 22nd, 2022, 8:12 pm

I would like to hear my boy 88.

He took the time to write a long essay about his brilliance from a young age and his continued success. I would say with his accomplishments and knowing everything in the encyclopedia, we looking at about at least $200k.

8? Care to share? You already gave your life story, let’s hear some numbers.

If not, it’s fine..don’t feel too pressured, both you and i know you don’t owe me or the forum an explanation…but i was just curious.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » December 22nd, 2022, 8:27 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

Hoss just take a look around the country and you'd realize how many people or households are making over 40k easily. Obviously, this poll is heavily biased toward that demographic.....car enthusiasts aren't often going to be scrunting.

I make on average 80-90k after tax. Not bad, but I'm basically 40........10 years ago I was earning 16k after tax.

Didn't know you were coming in close to 40.

You making that money with a company in TT or that's a remote based position with a foreign company?

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » December 22nd, 2022, 9:17 pm

Redress10 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

You making that money with a company in TT or that's a remote based position with a foreign company?

all are remote-based contract work right now

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 22nd, 2022, 9:31 pm

MaxPower wrote:I would like to hear my boy 88.

He took the time to write a long essay about his brilliance from a young age and his continued success. I would say with his accomplishments and knowing everything in the encyclopedia, we looking at about at least $200k.

8? Care to share? You already gave your life story, let’s hear some numbers.

If not, it’s fine..don’t feel too pressured, both you and i know you don’t owe me or the forum an explanation…but i was just curious.

I find you a lil too curious about my finances.
What happen? Your imaginary minimart and rumshop not doing well?

Since you curious, I'll give you something to think about.
Got a call from the bank recently asking if I wanted a second loan. Yes, a second loan, because one currently running and will be settled earlier than it is contractually due as per my usual. I was told that with my current income and financial liabilities, I qualify for 250k unsecured over a 4 year term. I politely declined at this time, but i may just take them up on it next year.

Now, if you want to get an idea of what kind of income i make, here's a tip to get you started. My banks dsr for loan financing is on average 25-30%.

Borrow the calculator from the invisible minimart and do the math.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » December 22nd, 2022, 9:51 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:

Lord Nelson comes to mind.

Redress10
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Redress10 » December 22nd, 2022, 9:56 pm

Dohplaydat wrote:
Redress10 wrote:
Dohplaydat wrote:

all are remote-based contract work right now

Long term or project based? doing multiple remote work at the same time as well?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”