Forums

Flow Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Re: Flow Internet Thread

Postby 2ndchance » May 21st, 2020, 2:08 pm

adnj wrote:Some routers support multiple radios but your guest network is not a different signal. It is a virtual network that filters guest users while connected. Guests get web access (WAN) but do not get local access (LAN).

Were you referring to any typical home router with a guest network or were you stating this specifically with regards to the "FLOW WiFi"?
Last edited by 2ndchance on May 21st, 2020, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 21st, 2020, 7:33 pm

2ndchance wrote:
adnj wrote:Some routers support multiple radios but your guest network is not a different signal. It is a virtual network that filters guest users while connected. Guests get web access (WAN) but do not get local access (LAN).

Were you referring to any typical home router with a guest network or were stating this specifically with regards to the "FLOW WiFi"?
Routers in general. Some enterprise routers carry multiple radios for same-frequency networks so that each has a different SSID and access authentication. Many less expensive routers use a single radio for a particular frequency. Firmware allows the router to transmit two separate SSIDs with different authentication on the same channel.

When mapping network signals, you will see both on the same channel. Wifi repeaters work in a similar way. Throughput is reduced because the the same channel can now only be used a fraction of the time.

If it is a problem, use the guest network on 2.4 GHz and known users on 5 GHz. But that has its problems too.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » May 21st, 2020, 8:50 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:CWC just got back to me and claims that they solved the ipv6 exchange routing problem between flow and digicel

When I tested on speedtest I get 10ms to digicel server from flow

So the issue has apparently been solved, I could hardly believe this

Complaining actually works yes

We can now game p2p between flow and digicel

Yaaaay the packers no longer have to go miami and back to Trinidad it's now routed in the same island this is Amazing

nominate this man for a national award :!:

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » May 22nd, 2020, 11:59 am

I recently put my cable box and wifi router on a tv stand in a corner in the living room with the tv mounted on the wall. Only this week I realize that when I go in that corner it is hotter than usual only to feel the cable box and realize that it was extremely hot even though it wasn't being used. The router was hot too but not as hot as the cable box. Is this normal? I ended up unplugging the cable box because we hardly use it and its just there creating heat and burning electricity

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 22nd, 2020, 1:03 pm

The cable box is always on and running at full power, even when not in use.

Just another reason to cut the cable. When you have cable all you're really doing is paying ( a lot) for ads, inconvenience, high electricity bills, and paying for a subscription that Flow is stealing from USA networks and has the audacity to sell stolen content to you.

You can remodel your TV watching habits and get an internet tv-box and buy subscriptions like Netflix and Amazon Prime instead. These devices are modern, have better programming and sleep modes to save energy. And the local TV stations stream the news, morning programmes and national addresses for free on their websites in HD. You can get go a step further and program routines with Google Home or Alexa into voice commands. "Hey Google, watch TV6 news." Which can turn on your smart tv, open a tab in Chrome with the tv6 streaming website, and cast it onto your tv.

So cutting cable is the inevitable trend for the future.

felix
Street 2NR

Postby felix » May 22nd, 2020, 1:14 pm

maj. tom wrote:The cable box is always on and running at full power, even when not in use.

Just another reason to cut the cable. When you have cable all you're really doing is paying ( a lot) for ads, inconvenience, high electricity bills, and paying for a subscription that Flow is stealing from USA networks and has the audacity to sell stolen content to you.

You can remodel your TV watching habits and get an internet tv-box and buy subscriptions like Netflix and Amazon Prime instead. These devices are modern, have better programming and sleep modes to save energy. And the local TV stations stream the news, morning programmes and national addresses for free on their websites in HD. You can get go a step further and program routines with Google Home or Alexa into voice commands. "Hey Google, watch TV6 news." Which can turn on your smart tv, open a tab in Chrome with the tv6 streaming website, and cast it onto your tv.

perfect answer

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » May 22nd, 2020, 1:14 pm

maj. tom wrote:The cable box is always on and running at full power, even when not in use.

I tried to switch to an internet only package just as covid hit but it didn't happen because the offices closed. So I'm waiting to get to do that.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » May 22nd, 2020, 1:28 pm

Is a good thing police don't charge people for receiving stolen services like how some get charged for receiving stolen goods!

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 22nd, 2020, 1:49 pm

^ agreed... cant remember when last i watch cable... everything is online... to live news and sporting events... flow and their exorbitant prices can do one

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 22nd, 2020, 2:28 pm

2ndchance wrote:

Is a good thing police don't charge people for receiving stolen services like how some get charged for receiving stolen goods!

they would have to charge how many tens of thousands of ppl that have cable?- including themselves :lol:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 22nd, 2020, 3:14 pm

Musical Doc wrote:I recently put my cable box and wifi router on a tv stand in a corner in the living room with the tv mounted on the wall. Only this week I realize that when I go in that corner it is hotter than usual only to feel the cable box and realize that it was extremely hot even though it wasn't being used. The router was hot too but not as hot as the cable box. Is this normal? I ended up unplugging the cable box because we hardly use it and its just there creating heat and burning electricity

i doh understand how cable boxes exempt from energy efficiency standards- most other devices use like 1-3 watts when off/standby. i read somewhere cable boxes still using 40W when 'off'

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 22nd, 2020, 3:34 pm

Why? Because it's older technology, really older tech that has never needed to be updated because it just works. And it's always on because you want instant response time when clicking the remote control. People don't have to wait for a CRT tv to heat up properly these days. If they changed all these boxes to be Energy Star compliant, it would cost the cable companies way too much money to upgrade to yield something that will still be outdated compared to an internet-tv box or a smart tv.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » May 22nd, 2020, 5:34 pm

maj. tom wrote:Why? Because it's older technology, really older tech that has never needed to be updated because it just works. And it's always on because you want instant response time when clicking the remote control. People don't have to wait for a CRT tv to heat up properly these days. If they changed all these boxes to be Energy Star compliant, it would cost the cable companies way too much money to upgrade to yield something that will still be outdated compared to an internet-tv box or a smart tv.

i would have thought that with the shift from analog to digital they would have considered energy efficiency

but the TV doh use up dat amount of power even though it comes on instantly

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 22nd, 2020, 8:49 pm

redmanjp wrote:
Musical Doc wrote:I recently put my cable box and wifi router on a tv stand in a corner in the living room with the tv mounted on the wall. Only this week I realize that when I go in that corner it is hotter than usual only to feel the cable box and realize that it was extremely hot even though it wasn't being used. The router was hot too but not as hot as the cable box. Is this normal? I ended up unplugging the cable box because we hardly use it and its just there creating heat and burning electricity

i doh understand how cable boxes exempt from energy efficiency standards- most other devices use like 1-3 watts when off/standby. i read somewhere cable boxes still using 40W when 'off'
Perhaps closer to 10 Watts nominal. If you want to be sure, get a power meter similar to a Kill-A-Watt so that you can check against how you use it.

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » May 27th, 2020, 3:08 pm

So I think flow trying to buss price during this covid time. I called to downgrage my package to the basic package which the website says is 75mbs for $275. According to the agent, the website wasn't updated since covid and she is only aware of the new packages so the 75mb plan is really $320....

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 27th, 2020, 3:16 pm

bro she lying.
CSRs for cable companies are instructed to play this game for anyone calling in to cut or downgrade services. They'll even go as far as offering free internet for 6 months to retain the customer after a lot of negotiation. All cable companies do this. Google it... and read the nightmare stories from customers of Comcast, AT&T, Time-Warner, now Flow.

Just keep repeating yourself and when you get tired, ask for a manager and tell them you're recording this conversation, took snapshots of the website stating the prices and terms, and you're going to file a report with the TATT.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Comcast/commen ... expensive/
https://old.reddit.com/r/Comcast/commen ... downgrade/
https://old.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinit ... fusing_to/

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » May 27th, 2020, 3:38 pm

Fear not for StarLink will be up and running by end of Next Year, this may eventually force these local ISP to get their act together.

elec2020
12 pounds of Boost

Postby elec2020 » May 27th, 2020, 3:58 pm

Musical Doc wrote:So I think flow trying to buss price during this covid time. I called to downgrage my package to the basic package which the website says is 75mbs for $275. According to the agent, the website wasn't updated since covid and she is only aware of the new packages so the 75mb plan is really $320....

I on the 275... granted i paid 280 for this month as i was pro rated cause i got it on the 21st in april... so idk what they telling u... also remember that those prices ate exclusive vat

Musical Doc
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Musical Doc » May 27th, 2020, 4:20 pm

I went online and chatted with a csr there and she said she will switch it to the 275 price. I printed the conversation as well so if my bill reflects something else next month I'll deal with it

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 27th, 2020, 4:32 pm

yeah so you see? Their scripts say to lie to the customer.

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » June 15th, 2020, 10:43 pm

Guys, got tired with Flow Wifi router dropping service,

Solution: Disabled Flow Router Wifi service and installed Mesh network 3 units work like best ever no signal drop any part of the house inside or outside

Unit used:TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System –Up to 5,500 sq. ft. Whole Home Coverage and 100+ Devices,WiFi Router/Extender Replacement, Parental Controls/Anitivirus, Seamless Roaming(Deco M5 3-pack)
by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WVCB862/re ... 6Eb223NMFZ

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 18th, 2020, 5:12 pm

Anyone down in Freeport/central area since after lunch??

Pablo660
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Pablo660 » June 18th, 2020, 8:07 pm

I’m in Freeport and it went down at 2 pm and still down.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 18th, 2020, 8:08 pm

Yea same

Crazydriver
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Crazydriver » June 27th, 2020, 5:41 pm

Does anyone actually get what they're paying for? I switched to flow for the 150mb bundle and I haven't gotten anything over 45mb and I check during day and night.

brickman
18 pounds of Boost

Postby brickman » June 28th, 2020, 12:51 am

I do.

lchan485
3NE 2NR for life

Postby lchan485 » June 28th, 2020, 6:35 am

Anyone. Else internet down in PoS

Stark Auto Rentals
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Stark Auto Rentals » July 4th, 2020, 7:01 pm

Getting some horrible service in Chase Village. Cycling from 100Mbps to 3-4 Mbps every minute or so with high latency. Modem reboots did nothing. Flow tech advised that there May be a problem in the area. This has been happening over the last day.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » July 4th, 2020, 7:53 pm

Stark Auto Rentals wrote:Getting some horrible service in Chase Village. Cycling from 100Mbps to 3-4 Mbps every minute or so with high latency. Modem reboots did nothing. Flow tech advised that there May be a problem in the area. This has been happening over the last day.

I'm also from Chase Vlg, started noticing issues yesterday. Browsing experience has been terrible. Just tried to do a speedtest and got "Upload Test Error".
Hopefully it's resolved soon.

christopherwilliams2
Riding on 18's

Postby christopherwilliams2 » July 4th, 2020, 11:43 pm

Arima I have been having a similar problem. Latency high, ebbed flow style internet access, speed test at 5-8mb and I have a 150MB package. First time I am having problems since 2016 :cry: :cry:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”