Forums

Flow Internet Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

ruskie
Street 2NR

Re: Flow Internet Thread

Postby ruskie » July 14th, 2021, 9:00 pm

hover11 wrote:Oh thanks but I don't watch cable can I just unplug it and my router will work?
paid_influencer wrote:
hover11 wrote:Late to this thread but I recently got the new modem from flow and I see they included a moca don't have a clue what that is but it just there with the router....Is this moca required....only one person uses internet which is me

moca is for providing a data connection over the coax wiring. The main use is getting data to Flow's cableTV boxes for things like replay TV, cloud recordings, TV guide, video on demand, etc.

If you find your cable box not showing the TV Guide etc, rebooting the modem and then rebooting the cable box usually solves it.
Yes.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 21st, 2021, 2:01 pm

Anybody else get random internet drops that lasts about a minute? Sometimes it happens a couple times a day and other times wont happen for a week. But it mostly happens during evening and nights.

I use my own router and I confirmed that is not the problem as it happens with wired connections as well.
Contacted flow and they cant seem to find the problem.
When it happens, wifi is completely fine, just no internet connectivity for about a minute. Lights on modem normal then after about a minute it comes back like nothing happened. Rinse and repeat.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 21st, 2021, 2:17 pm

S_2NR wrote:Anybody else get random internet drops that lasts about a minute? Sometimes it happens a couple times a day and other times wont happen for a week. But it mostly happens during evening and nights.

I use my own router and I confirmed that is not the problem as it happens with wired connections as well.
When it happens, wifi is completely fine, just no internet connectivity for about a minute. Lights on modem normal then after about a minute it comes back like nothing happened. Rinse and repeat.

Yup, happens from time to time. Only started when I got the new white modem. My 8 year old arris black brick never had that prob but it was limited to 2.4ghz speeds (capped at 75Mbps I think)

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » July 21st, 2021, 10:01 pm

S_2NR wrote:Anybody else get random internet drops that lasts about a minute? Sometimes it happens a couple times a day and other times wont happen for a week. But it mostly happens during evening and nights.

Started happening to me also about a month ago. Noticed because my nest camera notifies me when it’s offline. I’m using the older black modem with blue lights.

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » July 22nd, 2021, 9:26 am

Service down since Yesterday in Central,

No service since up to this time No reason for service interruption.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 22nd, 2021, 9:27 am

Happening by me for months now!

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 22nd, 2021, 10:45 am

INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:Service down since Yesterday in Central,

good down waterloo side, could be an area specific line break. Did you report it?

ragzinc
Street 2NR

Postby ragzinc » July 22nd, 2021, 11:40 am

Had this happen for a while and they had diagnosed it as a signal problem with my upstream and it was explained that the signal would spike and go above the acceptable limits

They added a filter to the line and it stopped - the only downside is that any work done on the lines (on the poles) may affect the signal (drop it below the limit) - This would mean if it happens again - I would just have to remove the filter

Next time it happens, call and ask them to check on it

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » July 22nd, 2021, 1:44 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:

good down waterloo side, could be an area specific line break. Did you report it?

Issue was reported.

Contacted today still no details what caused the issue and how soon to expect service to return.

Hopeless FLOW .

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 22nd, 2021, 1:49 pm

INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:

Issue was reported.

Contacted today still no details what caused the issue and how soon to expect service to return.

Hopeless FLOW .

Sometimes you have to get on like a warahoon. In addition to calling, go post on their FB page and send FB messages.

Soundwave
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Soundwave » July 22nd, 2021, 3:04 pm

good movie title, the warahoon of waterloo...

INDAVID WORKSHOP
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby INDAVID WORKSHOP » July 23rd, 2021, 5:15 pm

Guys,

Service was restored after 24 hours seems was a system failure.

Flow advise max period for outages is 48 hrs.

Credit will automatically be applied to your account if 72 plus hours lapse without service.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 25th, 2021, 1:53 pm

Hmm.. well clearly my problem isnt just me if other people having the same issue.
I feel i going to give massy/digi a try, they are ridiculous.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 28th, 2021, 5:32 pm

Flow wishes to advise its customers of planned maintenance work on the ECLINK Subsea System scheduled from 6:00am Thursday, July 29th to 6:00am Saturday, July 31st.

We have leveraged our resources across the Caribbean to provide additional capacity to allow for uninterrupted service to our valued customers.

However, some customers may experience degraded services such as slower internet speeds and intermittent buffering when using broadband service.

Our engineering team is working to restore full connectivity within the shortest possible time.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, and we thank our customers for their patience and understanding.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » July 28th, 2021, 5:37 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:
INDAVID WORKSHOP wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:

Issue was reported.

Hopeless FLOW .

Sometimes you have to get on like a warahoon. In addition to calling, go post on their FB page and send FB messages.

that fb page always full of complaints. glad my area got digi instead. i used to have flow over a decade ago when i lived in st. james and it was reliable then. doh know what happened to them.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 29th, 2021, 2:23 am

150mb package
speeds went to sheit since this evening

anybody else getting such poor speeds (due to the maintenance) or do i have a different issue?

brickman
18 pounds of Boost

Postby brickman » July 29th, 2021, 2:39 am

Fine here in p.o.s

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 29th, 2021, 9:06 am

nah it normal here.
for now, at least.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » July 29th, 2021, 11:02 am

I've been getting a minor dip in download (100mbps package) but my upload has been glorious. Noticeably better gaming wise
Screenshot_20210729-110109.jpg

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 29th, 2021, 8:30 pm

Well hear this piece of shrite.

Because of the same problem, Flow sent a technician by me this week. He took one look at my Arris black modem and said that he would change it because sometimes the modem degrades performance.

When I catch myself, he replaced it with the CWC white one (which I had no end of problems with a few years ago).

He said that Flow does not bring in the black Arris modems again. My son tells me that the black modem is way better than the white one.

Took Flow over 4 hours to re-connect me because of some "internal issues" they had. I had to get on real bad.

So far, I have not had any drops. Keeping my fingers crossed.

ragzinc wrote:

Had this happen for a while and they had diagnosed it as a signal problem with my upstream and it was explained that the signal would spike and go above the acceptable limits

They added a filter to the line and it stopped - the only downside is that any work done on the lines (on the poles) may affect the signal (drop it below the limit) - This would mean if it happens again - I would just have to remove the filter

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 29th, 2021, 8:38 pm

The old black modems were 2.4 ghz and capping your speeds to about 75mbps. They did the same for me, gave me a new white modem with 5ghz WiFi and it took about a few hours to push new settings.

Working pretty good tbh.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 29th, 2021, 9:02 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:The old black modems were 2.4 ghz and capping your speeds to about 75mbps. They did the same for me, gave me a new white modem with 5ghz WiFi and it took about a few hours to push new settings.

Working pretty good tbh.

We had a split with the 2.4ghz and the 5 ghz with the black modem. It worked really well for the time we had it though.

So you also had to wait a few hours and here Iwas believing Flow that they had a major problem yesterday.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Flow Internet Thread

Postby S_2NR » July 29th, 2021, 10:49 pm

bluefete wrote:Well hear this piece of shrite.

Because of the same problem, Flow sent a technician by me this week. He took one look at my Arris black modem and said that he would change it because sometimes the modem degrades performance.

When I catch myself, he replaced it with the CWC white one (which I had no end of problems with a few years ago).

He said that Flow does not bring in the black Arris modems again. My son tells me that the black modem is way better than the white one.

Took Flow over 4 hours to re-connect me because of some "internal issues" they had. I had to get on real bad.

So far, I have not had any drops. Keeping my fingers crossed.

ragzinc wrote:

Dealing with flow is like dealing with a government office and a toddler rolled into one. Different departments do not communicate and they are very disorganized. Most of the times you call customer service you get someone incompetent. If you're lucky you get someone who actually knows their sheit. Same goes for technicians who they send out. My issues were resolved but my blood pressure had to increase before it did.

If it wasn't for my very nicely priced bundle I cut them long time.

jsm1985
Sweet on this forum

Postby jsm1985 » August 2nd, 2021, 11:05 pm

nick639v2 wrote:I've been getting a minor dip in download (100mbps package) but my upload has been glorious. Noticeably better gaming wiseScreenshot_20210729-110109.jpg

How you getting these upload speeds? What package you’re on?

Their max upload speed is 25Mbps on their most expensive plan

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 2nd, 2021, 11:58 pm

jsm1985 wrote:
nick639v2 wrote:I've been getting a minor dip in download (100mbps package) but my upload has been glorious. Noticeably better gaming wiseScreenshot_20210729-110109.jpg

I have the 100mbps package. I fluctuate with upload speeds but it never dip below 13mbps, always 13 or greater. I test to Comcast Miami

Edit: my VPN is always on as well
Last edited by nick639v2 on August 2nd, 2021, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » August 2nd, 2021, 11:59 pm

jsm1985 wrote:

ent!
i usually get 20Mbps max.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 3rd, 2021, 12:01 am

Flow MA.

I tell them bring back my old Arris modem.

Internet still dropping with the new CWC modem.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » August 3rd, 2021, 12:06 am

bluefete wrote:Flow MA.

Yea my old Arris still going strong.. just the backup battery started leaking, I take it out and cool runnings

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » August 3rd, 2021, 12:12 am

nick639v2 wrote:

Yea my old Arris still going strong.. just the backup battery started leaking, I take it out and cool runnings

Hear nah. I was so vex eh. Technician reach and as soon as he saw the Arris, he said he swapping it out. Man ent even check the line outside to see if that is a factor in my internet dropping.

But the Arris modem is way better than the CWC. My Arris did not have a back up battery though. But it is connected to a back-up mini UPS.

Flow supposed to come tomorrow to return it.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » August 3rd, 2021, 12:21 am

My dropping problems stopped when my modem was replaced. *knock on wood*
I had the same white modem before (couple yrs old tho) and they just swapped it for a brand new one. Highly possible the old one was defective.
I use it in modem mode though so cant comment on the wireless part of it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”