Forums

Banking in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Re: Banking info

Postby Kenjo » February 6th, 2021, 8:04 pm

Rbc call in banking email directly from the app / online should be able to give you the answers

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Banking info

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 7th, 2021, 11:14 am

RBC Small Business Accounts – Required Documentation
Sole Proprietorships:

If operating under a registered trade name:
❒ Trade Name Registration
or
❒ Master Business License

This is not required if you are operating strictly in your own name without any words indicating plurality, such as “John Smith Consulting”.

For information regarding registering a trade name for your business, contact your Provincial Registry office.

REGISTERING A LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
Partnerships and Limited Partnerships:

❒ Registered Declaration of Partnership
or
❒ a copy of your Partnership Agreement (where Provincial Law does not require registration)
Corporations (including Not for Profit Corporations):
Newly Incorporated Entities (in existence/incorporated for 12 months or less):

❒ Articles of Incorporation/Association

Incorporated Entities (in existence/incorporated for longer than 12 months):

❒ Articles of Incorporation/Association

and

one of the following government-issued documents applicable to your Business:

❒ Certificate of Status (also referred to as certificate of good standing or certificate of compliance)
❒ Annual Government Filing (where corporation has been in existence for more than a year)
❒ Corporate Profile Report
❒ Company’s most recent notice of assessment (income tax assessment)
❒ Business license or vendor permits
❒ Health or safety certificates
❒ Liquor license
❒ Business Number (where the Business Number has been confirmed to be linked to the corporate entity),
❒ Certificate of Existence
❒ Certificate of Compliance
Unincorporated Associations/Community Group/Not for Profit organization:
❒ Articles of Association
or
❒ the Association’s original constitution and bylaws.

Where the association has no formal registration we are required to obtain a document that provides evidence that the individuals opening the account on behalf on the association have the authority to do so.

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/business/ac ... docs_e.doc

For choosing a type of business account that would best suit you:
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/caribbean/t ... /home.html

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » April 27th, 2021, 5:53 am

Anybody having issues with RBC online banking and their income and growth fund balance? Called the bank yesterday and they said the system was down. Still cant access my balance. Anyone else having this problem?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » April 27th, 2021, 8:20 am

We having problems with incoming transfers to sbtt.

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » April 28th, 2021, 5:52 pm

Redman wrote:We having problems with incoming transfers to sbtt.

Anyone able to transfer funds to SBTT using online banking?

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » April 28th, 2021, 6:28 pm

Victory_Specification wrote:Anybody having issues with RBC online banking and their income and growth fund balance? Called the bank yesterday and they said the system was down. Still cant access my balance. Anyone else having this problem?
What is the annual returns like with this fund?

Victory_Specification
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Victory_Specification » April 28th, 2021, 8:04 pm

wtf wrote:
Victory_Specification wrote:Anybody having issues with RBC online banking and their income and growth fund balance? Called the bank yesterday and they said the system was down. Still cant access my balance. Anyone else having this problem?
What is the annual returns like with this fund?

pretty decent. would say I got close to 2% distribution last quarter, compared with a pathetic 0.1% with RBL's MMF. the RBC G and I fund follows the US stock market pretty closely i would say. but you need to be prepared for swings in the value of your holdings. the more units you have the bigger the swings will be on a DAILY basis, esp if it's a red day in the markets.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Banks Do Not Care About Their Staff!

Postby bluefete » March 30th, 2022, 6:54 pm

This was interesting reading.

Cliffs -Foul odour in branch. Staff got sick. Bank terminated staff member. Staff member went to court. Court ordered bank to pay.

http://webopac.ttlawcourts.org/LibraryJ ... an2021.pdf

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Banks Do Not Care About Their Staff!

Postby eliteauto » March 30th, 2022, 6:54 pm

In other news, water is wet

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 30th, 2022, 6:55 pm

1% will not be happy

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 30th, 2022, 6:55 pm

eliteauto wrote:In other news, water is wet

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was real quick! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » March 30th, 2022, 6:56 pm

zoom rader wrote:1% will not be happy

They do not have to be. it is in the public domain.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » April 2nd, 2022, 1:37 pm

Well at least staff have a place to piss and sheit, unlike customers :roll:

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » April 2nd, 2022, 2:01 pm

De Dragon wrote:Well at least staff have a place to piss and sheit, unlike customers :roll:
We accept that

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » April 2nd, 2022, 2:52 pm

De Dragon wrote:Well at least staff have a place to piss and sheit, unlike customers :roll:

Republic South Park has a washroom for the public.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » April 4th, 2022, 2:03 pm

Nor do they care about their customers, theres no loyalty again to their corporate customers, foreign exchange is controlled by a select few and is given to their elite customers that they are instructed to or friendly with, all other commercial customers are left to fight up.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » April 4th, 2022, 6:04 pm

Why them bank workers does have to talk to rough rough so? They feel because they working in a bank that's something? Smh.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 4th, 2022, 6:37 pm

So blue, you now figure out banks don't care about their employees?

Bank's executive management care about one thing, and one thing only

Profits.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Banks in T&T

Postby Miktay » September 23rd, 2022, 3:33 pm

From Newsday. What sez you on the state of banking in T&T?

THE EDITOR: Over the weekend a friend mentioned to me that he was in the process of redeeming his travel miles earned with a local bank when he came across a small notice on the bank’s website indicating that as of October 1 an increase in miles would be required for redemption of airline tickets. Being a traveller to Florida he would require 20,000 miles for a return ticket from Trinidad. That now has been quietly increased to 25,000 miles.

What this means in the case of a family of four travellers, like my own, is the additional miles required would be 20,000, or an increase from 80,000 to 100,000 to secure four airline tickets to Florida. Bear in mind that when redemption is done taxes and fees are still attached. An additional 20,000 miles means an additional expenditure of $132,000.

Only recently I came across a newspaper article where the same bank boasted of increased first-quarter profits in the hundreds of millions of dollars. While I am very happy that the institution is a profitable one, I must ask what improved service has it provided to the average man? What benefits have we the citizens gained from any bank although they have enjoyed exorbitant increases in revenue over the years?

On any given day one would see lines outside the banks, with the elderly especially having to endure the elements to transact business. In San Fernando, a bank has closed its doors on Rushworth Street, forcing customers to now visit the High Street branch.

While banks may boast of improved technology, the ATMs at one bank are plagued with glitches. Making a deposit is a nightmare. Most machines are filled early on weekends and if they are able to accept cash the machines keep ejecting the bills. Depositing a small amount of cash can take up to 30 minutes, causing a major security risk.

Banking institutions come across as untouchables with no regard for customers. Many times I have heard the Minister of Finance and the Central Bank call for ease of banking but to no avail. I had put together all required documents and contacted Scotia, Republic and First Citizens to open a business account. Two years later there’s still no success.

Republic requires an additional 20 documents and Scotia and FCB never contacted me although I spoke to and visited the banks more than seven times. Even at one bank in San Fernando in its car park there is an area reserved for "premium banking customers." I assume your are treated according to your wealth.

The Central Bank needs to do a lot more on behalf of citizens. Just like the publicity given when it makes profits, the increase in fees should also be publicised. Citizens believe they are taken advantage of by banks. We are forced to continue business with them due to their essentiality. That however should not be an opportunity to take advantage of the common man.

I urge the media to question the executives of these institutions and hold them accountable for decisions made. The simple man and woman can hardly have an audience with a branch supervisor, much less a director at these institutions.

Banks play a critical role in economic growth but the benefits should not be one-sided.

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/09/23/what-b ... rom-banks/

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Banks in T&T

Postby The_Honourable » September 23rd, 2022, 4:00 pm

No doubt he is talking about Scotiabank.

Since they closed the Rushworth branch, they consolidated at High Street branch but the services there never improved, and no smart ATMs were added. Imagine 3-5 tellers are available out of 14 booths, hence the long lines outside under the makeshift tent.

Long lines outside the ATM's also as the smart deposit feature usually malfunction due to wear and tear.

Would not be surprised one day Scotia bail out as they did in some Caribbean territories.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 23rd, 2022, 4:50 pm

Read the fine print - I'm sure they are well covered to make such changes.
Obviously they are catering for adjustments like inflation and exch rate fluctuations.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 23rd, 2022, 5:35 pm

Miktay wrote:From Newsday. What sez you on the state of banking in T&T?

THE EDITOR: Over the weekend a friend mentioned to me that he was in the process of redeeming his travel miles earned with a local bank when he came across a small notice on the bank’s website indicating that as of October 1 an increase in miles would be required for redemption of airline tickets. Being a traveller to Florida he would require 20,000 miles for a return ticket from Trinidad. That now has been quietly increased to 25,000 miles.

What this means in the case of a family of four travellers, like my own, is the additional miles required would be 20,000, or an increase from 80,000 to 100,000 to secure four airline tickets to Florida. Bear in mind that when redemption is done taxes and fees are still attached. An additional 20,000 miles means an additional expenditure of $132,000.

Only recently I came across a newspaper article where the same bank boasted of increased first-quarter profits in the hundreds of millions of dollars. While I am very happy that the institution is a profitable one, I must ask what improved service has it provided to the average man? What benefits have we the citizens gained from any bank although they have enjoyed exorbitant increases in revenue over the years?

On any given day one would see lines outside the banks, with the elderly especially having to endure the elements to transact business. In San Fernando, a bank has closed its doors on Rushworth Street, forcing customers to now visit the High Street branch.

While banks may boast of improved technology, the ATMs at one bank are plagued with glitches. Making a deposit is a nightmare. Most machines are filled early on weekends and if they are able to accept cash the machines keep ejecting the bills. Depositing a small amount of cash can take up to 30 minutes, causing a major security risk.

Banking institutions come across as untouchables with no regard for customers. Many times I have heard the Minister of Finance and the Central Bank call for ease of banking but to no avail. I had put together all required documents and contacted Scotia, Republic and First Citizens to open a business account. Two years later there’s still no success.

Republic requires an additional 20 documents and Scotia and FCB never contacted me although I spoke to and visited the banks more than seven times. Even at one bank in San Fernando in its car park there is an area reserved for "premium banking customers." I assume your are treated according to your wealth.

The Central Bank needs to do a lot more on behalf of citizens. Just like the publicity given when it makes profits, the increase in fees should also be publicised. Citizens believe they are taken advantage of by banks. We are forced to continue business with them due to their essentiality. That however should not be an opportunity to take advantage of the common man.

I urge the media to question the executives of these institutions and hold them accountable for decisions made. The simple man and woman can hardly have an audience with a branch supervisor, much less a director at these institutions.

Banks play a critical role in economic growth but the benefits should not be one-sided.

https://newsday.co.tt/2022/09/23/what-b ... rom-banks/

What a pile of hot garbage. Idk even know where to begin

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 23rd, 2022, 5:37 pm

The_Honourable wrote:No doubt he is talking about Scotiabank.

Since they closed the Rushworth branch, they consolidated at High Street branch but the services there never improved, and no smart ATMs were added. Imagine 3-5 tellers are available out of 14 booths, hence the long lines outside under the makeshift tent.

Long lines outside the ATM's also as the smart deposit feature usually malfunction due to wear and tear.

Would not be surprised one day Scotia bail out as they did in some Caribbean territories.

Oh, ok. Things run very smoothly at the maraval branch

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » September 23rd, 2022, 6:58 pm

When RBL closed Promenade Centre, I had to go to their Independence Square branch to collect a CC. Took an hour and a half just to collect. Promenade used to take me 15 mins.

abducted
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abducted » September 23rd, 2022, 10:11 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:

When all you do is collect your salary and use your linx card, you think banking in T&T runs very smoothly,

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » September 24th, 2022, 12:12 am

abducted wrote:
Mmoney607 wrote:

When all you do is collect your salary and use your linx card, you think banking in T&T runs very smoothly,

Scotia atm deposits work well in maraval

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » September 26th, 2022, 11:34 am

The T&T banking cartel has always had a negative perception in T&T. We only have a few banks so competition iz limited. Where else can u put your $ inna mattress?

leavingforgood
Street 2NR

Postby leavingforgood » September 26th, 2022, 11:38 am

This country is a fkning joke.

Miktay
Shifting into 6th

Postby Miktay » September 26th, 2022, 5:06 pm

trinigamer wrote:When RBL closed Promenade Centre, I had to go to their Independence Square branch to collect a CC. Took an hour and a half just to collect. Promenade used to take me 15 mins.

Banking experiences in T&T are very branch specific...

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » September 26th, 2022, 5:22 pm

Never forget.

Time's original article:
https://content.time.com/time/subscribe ... 79,00.html

ray d saint wrote:Don't know if this is a REPOST.... but i saw this yesterday and well all i could have done was laugh..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”