Slasher on Netflix

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: ***The Official: Rate/Recommend a Movie or Series Thread***

Postby Rovin » July 29th, 2021, 6:26 pm

10 days ago i gave my review

Rovin wrote:BLACK WIDOW online pirate copy come out showing good

not exciting as other marvel movies but it arite .... 6/10

it wasnt all that good & like she feel she so big that she got short pay ... :roll: ...... not to mention half d world still affected by covid so less ppl going cinemas

Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney over 'Black Widow' Disney+ release

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/29/medi ... index.html

New York (CNN Business)One of Marvel's biggest stars is suing Disney.
Actress Scarlett Johansson filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday that alleges Disney breached her contract by releasing the highly anticipated superhero film "Black Widow" on its streaming service, Disney+.
The film was released simultaneously on the service and in theaters, which the suit claims broke an agreement between the star and the company. The suit alleges that Johansson agreed that her salary for the film would be based, in large part, on the film's box office haul.

"To maximize these receipts, and thereby protect her financial interests, Ms. Johansson extracted a promise from Marvel that the release of the picture would be a 'theatrical release,'" the suit claimed. "As Ms. Johansson, Disney, Marvel, and most everyone else in Hollywood knows, a 'theatrical release' is a release that is exclusive to movie theatres. Disney was well aware of this promise, but nonetheless directed Marvel to violate its pledge and instead release the picture on the Disney+ streaming service the very same day it was released in movie theatres."

'Black Widow' feels like Marvel's version of a Jason Bourne movie
'Black Widow' feels like Marvel's version of a Jason Bourne movie
Disney (DIS) responded on Thursday saying that "there is no merit whatsoever to this filing" and that the suit is "especially sad and distressing in its callous disregard for the horrific and prolonged global effects of the COVID-19 pandemic."
"Disney has fully complied with Ms. Johansson's contract and furthermore, the release of 'Black Widow' on Disney+ with Premier Access has significantly enhanced her ability to earn additional compensation on top of the $20 million she has received to date," a Disney spokesperson said in a statement.
The Wall Street Journal was the first to report the news.
The suit comes at a pivotal moment for Hollywood, as the pandemic has accelerated several trends at once. Streaming has become the focal point of Hollywood while movie theaters and the box office struggle to return to normalcy following a pandemic that ravaged its business.
Disney made big waves when it announced in March that "Black Widow" would be released on Disney+ for an extra charge and in theaters simultaneously. The film had been delayed multiple times because of the pandemic. It was originally set to be released in May of 2020.
While other studios have done a same-day streaming and theatrical releases, the "Black Widow" news stood out because Marvel is the biggest blockbuster brand in all of Hollywood, bringing in nearly $23 billion at the global box office since 2008.
Its July 9 release was an immediate success for Disney, in theaters and streaming, bringing in $80 million in its North America opening in theaters and $60 million globally on Disney+. The film's momentum has slowed down since and now stands at roughly $318 million worldwide, according to Comscore (SCOR). That's not a huge take for a Marvel film.
'Black Widow' is a big hit in theaters and on Disney+
'Black Widow' is a big hit in theaters and on Disney+
Other issues have arisen as studios shifted their major blockbusters to streaming as the pandemic continues. Case in point: Warner Bros. reportedly paid star Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins each more than $10 million as the studio released "Wonder Woman 1984" on streaming service HBO Max as well as theaters in December. (WarnerMedia owns Warner Bros. and CNN.)

"It's no secret that Disney is releasing films like Black Widow directly onto Disney+ to increase subscribers and thereby boost the company's stock price — and that it's hiding behind Covid-19 as a pretext to do so," John Berlinski, attorney for Johansson, told CNN Business. "But ignoring the contracts of the artists responsible for the success of its films in furtherance of this short-sighted strategy violates their rights and we look forward to proving as much in court."
He added that this will "surely not be the last case where Hollywood talent stands up to Disney and makes it clear that, whatever the company may pretend, it has a legal obligation to honor its contracts."

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » July 29th, 2021, 7:12 pm

pay she, dont fight it.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2021, 12:31 am

Rewatching the star wars prequal trilogy, and there is an insane amount of politics in it. Totally flew over my head when it had come out cause my head wasn't in that way of thinking, at that time.

And it takes up a lot of time, so I can see why it could be passed off as dead time in the movies.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » August 7th, 2021, 8:37 am

Watched back edge of tomorrow. Always a good time taking it een.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 7th, 2021, 9:51 am

Watched The Suicide Squad yesterday not a bad movie, you all should give it a watch. 8/10 at least.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2021, 9:57 am

DMan7 wrote:Watched The Suicide Squad yesterday not a bad movie, you all should give it a watch. 8/10 at least.

the first one with the the witch girl wining up to conjure the spirits? to me that movie was level tooze.

if the new one with king shark... havent seen it yet, but since it have john cena, it BONG to be dumb crap... the dumb crap i like. :D . willing to give it a go based on this post,

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » August 7th, 2021, 9:59 am

aaron17 wrote:Watched back edge of tomorrow. Always a good time taking it een.
this and oblivion. r u an effective team? 0X

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » August 7th, 2021, 10:00 am

sMASH wrote:
DMan7 wrote:Watched The Suicide Squad yesterday not a bad movie, you all should give it a watch. 8/10 at least.

the first one with the the witch girl wining up to conjure the spirits? to me that movie was level tooze.

if the new one with king shark... havent seen it yet, but since it have john cena, it BONG to be dumb crap... the dumb crap i like. :D . willing to give it a go based on this post,

The new one.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » August 7th, 2021, 10:22 am

sMASH wrote:
aaron17 wrote:Watched back edge of tomorrow. Always a good time taking it een.
this and oblivion. r u an effective team? 0X

Will watch that and see....

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 7th, 2021, 10:46 am

Aftermath on Netflix was good. The ending was a bit meh, but overall not bad a movie

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 8th, 2021, 1:52 pm

so i watch F&F9 last night , have to say by far its d most mehhh in d whole series besides 3 which for me is rel toots d worst of all

driving scene where they constantly turning off\on d magnet is rel crap, mash up ah setta car fuh nutten

overall rel dull imo .... 5\10

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » August 8th, 2021, 2:01 pm

Gonna take in The Babysitter later. Love those comedic type horror movies, not Scary Movie type physical/pratfall comedy, but more Deadpool type.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 8th, 2021, 2:21 pm

Ted_v2 wrote:
carluva wrote:How to get away with murder.

Have you all seen this series? It's in Netflix.

We're wrapping up the last few episodes and I must say that this show was nothing short of excellent!

the best bro. the best.

i have a couple of episodes of suits, blacklist, the good doctor, grim and something else to finish up. looking at lots of tv series, but honestly, all the shows I'm trying to start to watch are HORRIBLE compared to how to get away with murder, I'm barely enjoying Lucifer and I'm 2 episodes in to S1.

so 2 nights now i watching this based on u guys recommendation , i reach se1 ep9

i tort this wud have been more like a police detective & forensics experts who done it kinda series not lawyers\law students & how to win their cases

has a kinda young n restless vibes who dey with who & whats up with d gay guy hooking up with every man he meets, dude is like a gay quagmire & who wants to see 2 guys getting into stuff

seems to be 1 of those series dragging\wasting d life of viewers waiting to see d outcome , so far i am not impressed with it ... barely 5\10 ... doubt i want to watch all 90 episodes so will watch a few more episodes to decide if i want to continue or go watch something else more interesting :|

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » August 25th, 2021, 11:46 pm

Just watched Nic Cage in Pig.

The trailer may lead to certain assumptions but just cast them aside and give it a go. It's a beautiful film.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 25th, 2021, 11:51 pm

For those who enjoyed The Witcher on Netflix check out The Witcher Nightmare of the Wolf.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 26th, 2021, 11:02 am

sounds good

here is a different recommendation : GORDON RAMSEY UNCHARTED , its a not run of d mill food\cooking show , they take him to some really remote places to see how d ingredients are growing in d wild & make him work real hard to get it , d spectacular scenery\locations imo is what sets this show apart ... 9/10

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 26th, 2021, 11:07 am

Rovin wrote:sounds good

here is a different recommendation : GORDON RAMSEY UNCHARTED , its a not run of d mill food\cooking show , they take him to some really remote places to see how d ingredients are growing in d wild & make him work real hard to get it , d spectacular scenery\locations imo is what sets this show apart ... 9/10

I just started Clarkson's Farm on Amazon Prime Video.
First episode was pretty good!

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 26th, 2021, 11:49 am

if i say something yall might want to demote me to ricer on 13s or ban meh from tuner but i never watched TOP GEAR :oops:

yrsssss ago i maybe happen to see a few episodes on cable but just never got into it .... :|

sure i watch good amt of car shows on tv\online back then & i still do , just not TG & probably some shows that popular among other ppl too ...

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 26th, 2021, 11:51 am

HBOmax: Red Light. Dutch/Belgian series. 10 episodes. Excellent. You'll need to watch with subtitles.

HBOmax: currently watching 30 coins. Spanish horror series. Excellent so far.

Netflix: Dark. German scifi. Excellent and very deep.

Seems like these euro series are better than the NA counterparts.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » August 26th, 2021, 11:54 am

Sacrelige Rovin. The UK top gear is the best. I watched it out on Netflix a few years ago before it was removed.

The Amazon equivalent, The Grand Tour, is just as good.
Rovin wrote:if i say something yall might want to demote me to ricer on 13s or ban meh from tuner but i never watched TOP GEAR :oops:

yrsssss ago i maybe happen to see a few episodes on cable but just never got into it .... :|

sure i watch good amt of car shows on tv\online back then & i still do , just not TG & probably some shows that popular among other ppl too ...

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » August 26th, 2021, 2:13 pm

Rovin wrote:if i say something yall might want to demote me to ricer on 13s or ban meh from tuner but i never watched TOP GEAR :oops:

:|

FineToothDetailing
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FineToothDetailing » August 26th, 2021, 2:22 pm

Ozark. It hott

FineToothDetailing
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FineToothDetailing » August 26th, 2021, 2:34 pm

Ozark hot imo.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 26th, 2021, 3:00 pm

FineToothDetailing wrote:Ozark hot imo.

We heard you the first time brah!!!

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 26th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Ozark is pretty good.

Dark is pretty good... if you miss German shows - How to Sell Drugs Online Fast is a goood one

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » August 26th, 2021, 3:38 pm

st7 wrote:Ozark is pretty good.

Dark is pretty good... if you miss German shows - How to Sell Drugs Online Fast is a goood one

Yea I'm currently on S2 of How to Sell Drugs. It is a good watch.
It also has the best English dub over of any of the foreign language shows I have watched.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » August 26th, 2021, 4:04 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
st7 wrote:Ozark is pretty good.

Yea I'm currently on S2 of How to Sell Drugs. It is a good watch.
It also has the best English dub over of any of the foreign language shows I have watched.

haha... i watched Dark in german, and watching Drugs in german made me want to watch more german shows

FineToothDetailing
3NE 2NR for life

Postby FineToothDetailing » August 26th, 2021, 5:57 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
FineToothDetailing wrote:Ozark hot imo.

We heard you the first time brah!!!
Lol. I thought the first one didn't post. Didn't see it

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 26th, 2021, 6:01 pm