Forums

YOUR AUTOMOTIVE "DUHHH" MOMENTS lol

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: YOUR AUTOMOTIVE "DUHHH" MOMENTS lol

Postby gastly369 » July 28th, 2019, 11:04 am

Went to buy a box of food while walking out(had a lil crowd) my eyes fell on a beautiful female specimen...press unlock door and jump in car only to realize I sit down in passenger seat ...had to scoot across yes couldn't make no scene

ismithx
punchin NOS

Re: YOUR AUTOMOTIVE

Postby ismithx » July 28th, 2019, 11:16 am

gastly369 wrote:Went to buy a box of food while walking out(had a lil crowd) my eyes fell on a beautiful female specimen...press unlock door and jump in car only to realize I sit down in passenger seat ...had to scoot across yes couldn't make no scene

tek win

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » August 8th, 2019, 6:36 pm

Lol

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » August 8th, 2019, 7:05 pm

Trying to deliver a Jetta yesterday, that we changed the whole front on. Windshield washer not working for nothing. Checked the fuses ,relays, switch , pump and now start checking the wires to see if any break. My son walked up and say "you know the washer doesn't work with the bonnet open ,right?" Never felt like such an as s .

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » August 9th, 2019, 4:10 am

gastly369 wrote:Went to buy a box of food while walking out(had a lil crowd) my eyes fell on a beautiful female specimen...press unlock door and jump in car only to realize I sit down in passenger seat ...had to scoot across yes couldn't make no scene
Hope its not the rear passenger seat..lol

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 9th, 2019, 12:05 pm

this happen yesterday

we have 2 vans & only 1 club lock that i take with me in either vehicle i using , last wk i used 1 of d vans & yesterday gone with d other van , gone in a mall miles away from home & when i come back d club lock on d steering & i then realise d key for it is on d other van key at home

had to call my sis to go get d key & bring it to me , wasted nearly 2hrs waiting , hopefully i doh make dat mistake again .... :oops: :oops: :oops:

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » August 9th, 2019, 1:01 pm

people does still use club lock boy????

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » August 9th, 2019, 1:39 pm

yep even though i got car search & good alarm , its a deterrent ...

Sundar
Riding on 17's

Postby Sundar » August 9th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Rovin wrote:yep even though i got car search & good alarm , its a deterrent ...

same here, at times i even use the one for the brake pedal. Viper alarm+ GPS Alarm+Club Lock

one eye
3NE 2NR for life

Postby one eye » August 9th, 2019, 7:27 pm

was changing my oil then i got distracted when my friend came over, forget to put on my oil filter then later on that night i start up and start moving. when i hit the highway i see my temp gauge went straight up. i went to check and realize i have no oil LMAO! but luckily my engine was not damaged

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » August 10th, 2019, 5:43 pm

one eye wrote:was changing my oil then i got distracted when my friend came over, forget to put on my oil filter then later on that night i start up and start moving. when i hit the highway i see my temp gauge went straight up. i went to check and realize i have no oil LMAO! but luckily my engine was not damaged

You stay dey and tell yourself that.

aaron17
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby aaron17 » August 10th, 2019, 6:01 pm

one eye wrote:was changing my oil then i got distracted when my friend came over, forget to put on my oil filter then later on that night i start up and start moving. when i hit the highway i see my temp gauge went straight up. i went to check and realize i have no oil LMAO! but luckily my engine was not damaged
Was ur friend by chance named Marlene?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 10th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Stood up on a wheel spanner while trying to take off a lug nut. bent the stud so I don't do that again.

Filled engine bushings in car with polyurethane. After the first start, I thought something was broken because of all of the noise... Realised soon after, the filled mounts transfer a lot more vibrations from the engine into the chassis of the vehicle.

Started filling oil into my crankcase, and soon after began hearing more oil filling the container collecting the used oil below the vehicle.... Yeah forgot to replace the fill bolt (only poured 1 litre though so not much lost)

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » August 10th, 2019, 8:21 pm

About 12 years ago, I went to do a routine fluid check on my aunt's new corolla.
Oil good.
Coolant good.
Brake fluid good.
Trans fluid good.
I start to look all over for the power steering reservoir, not knowing it was electric ps. Wasted about 20 mins with torchlight and ting.
Eventually called my mechanic and feel like a good pawpaw after he laugh at me and informed me about the invention called electric assist power steering.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » August 11th, 2019, 12:59 am

realized on Wednesday night that my right side headlight bulb blow so i bought a new pair on Thursday....

Friday night i realized the right side is still not working....

spent an hour checking headlight wiring on Saturday....

.....for some reason I thought i changed the bulbs on Thursday....they were still in the box on the passenger seat :|

I think i'm going crazy

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 11th, 2019, 3:23 am

Forgot to mention...I have a bad habit of forgetting to tighten lug nuts.

It happens innocently enough... Don't want to put strain on the hub so I offer up wheels with the plan to fully tighten them when they are on the ground.

At least three times I've forgotten that final tightening step. I've never lost a wheel or a nut, but it does start knocking to let me know that something isn't quite right

Now I incorporate a once over check on all lug nuts in sequence just to make sure.(after tightening in a particular pattern I check in a clockwise sequence)

wingnut
3NE 2NR for life

Postby wingnut » August 11th, 2019, 9:52 am

stev wrote:realized on Wednesday night that my right side headlight bulb blow so i bought a new pair on Thursday....

Friday night i realized the right side is still not working....

spent an hour checking headlight wiring on Saturday....

.....for some reason I thought i changed the bulbs on Thursday....they were still in the box on the passenger seat :|

I think i'm going crazy
Rofl... dhiz d age catchin up mamoo

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 7th, 2022, 12:11 pm

thread revival

odd moments :

last year i parked my wagon next door in front my store & forget to press d alarm to close d door locks, a woman opened d door about to sit in thinking its a taxi cause dem fellers work PH right on d road there ... d neighbor tell me d lady get frighten when she about to sit but noticed i had some small stuff on d front seat & realise is not a ph taxi & d alarm sound going off too, d lady say she coulda make a jail by mistake ... :lol:

few yrs back right by my store where alot of ph cars does work i stopped to pick up a relative but b4 i know it ah woman done jump in d back seat & another nearly siddong in d front seat, i said gently this is not a taxi eh ... :lol:

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » May 7th, 2022, 1:05 pm

Was checking oil one day, normal procedure... pullout wipe dipstick and push back in. When i pull out no oil. I add oil... in again dipstick have no oil. Full and check about 4 times and still dipstick dry...

When I check good, I using the armor all cloth to wipe the freakin dipstick so no oil sticking to it. Oil overfull now and had to empty from the drain plug.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 7th, 2022, 2:30 pm

^^^ good thing u figured out d error

about a mth ago my bro on a sunday afternnon come by me to change his oil since i have a good big floor jack, he drained d oil but then whoever shop he change it by last time tighten d oil filter soo hard it doh wanna come off , we didnt have a slip joint pliers aka cant find it , so by d grocery i remember seeing a oil filter spanner , he borrow my car to get it then when he try d spanner only to realise d spanner too big & slipping, cant return it since it get scratch up when it slipped

he didnt want to risk sending a screw driver thru it to turn it loose cause he fraid next thing d filter break up & still eh want to come out & then dat go be rel trouble, so now he hadda put back in d old oil & go a shop next day to have it changed all because some fool over tighten d oil filter

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » May 8th, 2022, 5:59 pm

About a month ago I gone to wok, I come back in the car park open the van with the key fob and looking for my keys for more than half hour in the van thinking the key fall off the ring then to remember is a push to start.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » May 18th, 2022, 4:03 am

So you eating fries ( the french ones ) or fried wantons or fried mozzarella sticks or wedges in your car late on a Friday night (8:12 pm) in Movie Towne one fall down somewhere in your car - like on the seat or betweens the seats or sometimes maybe on the car floor or the back seat and you stop munching and you looking for it .. you must find that one that got away - that becomes so important to find and eat .. then on Saturday morning you going Massy and as you enter the car you see it just lying there on the passenger side car seat .. so you pick it up and eat it ..

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » May 18th, 2022, 6:39 am

*Not sure if previous poster has a car, drives, read the title of the thread and substituted his name into the automotive part or is just trolling as usual?*

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » May 18th, 2022, 7:38 am

Don't judge me...
So I vacuuming inside the car with my small Shopvac and the amount of fine dust seems endless.IfvI vacuum the rightside, dust coming back on the left side and vice versa.After chasing dust for a good while, only to realize that I didn't put a vacuum bag in because I had the wet filter on, and the fine dust was blowing back out from the vacuum.FML

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » May 20th, 2022, 2:30 pm

In an effort to prevent damage to the hubs and wheel bearings on my vehicle, the wheels are offered up and the nuts are hand tightened before being put on the ground for final tightening.
On at least two occasions 15kms or so into a drive I hear this knocking sound and I'm trying to figure out what is causing it... Then it clicks... Forgot the final tightening step.

Lucky enough to never see my wheel rolling away from me.

So the new procedure... Even when I think I did it, I go around the vehicle once more and check every wheel nut.

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » May 20th, 2022, 5:15 pm

Dave wrote:*Not sure if previous poster has a car, drives, read the title of the thread and substituted his name into the automotive part or is just trolling as usual?*

Troll

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”