Forums

Beggars and Choosers - Express Article

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Beggars and Choosers - Express Article

Postby rfari » September 4th, 2011, 10:24 pm

there's a guy that usually sells drawings on an evening. everything i see him, I'll buy a drawing at 2 dollars each. if i dont have change i'll barter a drawing for cigarettes. and i respect that kinda ambition. support him everytime. if we bounce up at lunchtime, we eating the same thing whether its patraj, el pecos or chinee bbq. i respect his hustle.

Strauss
Shifting into 6th

Postby Strauss » September 4th, 2011, 10:29 pm

DFC wrote:I give without thinking twice about it.

Because sometimes, they really need it.
And it won't kill me to give a $5 of $10 to help someone.

All I need is 10 people like you and I could afford to smoke a joint every morning before work.

nicholas7129
Sweet on this forum

Postby nicholas7129 » September 5th, 2011, 3:42 am

most time if a beggar ask me to buy them sumtin to eat or drink i would do it even if is my last $20 .......but doh come with no $hit bout you dont eat from this place and u want money instead ....i know u wanna buy drugs or bayrum with my money......and when ppl encourage this and give them money 1 day when they are intoxicated or high dat will come back and bite you or someone you know....its better to donate to a church or give them food not money

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 5th, 2011, 4:24 am

bettah to donate to a church yuh say... dem an all getting goods and no money.

DTAC
18 pounds of Boost

Postby DTAC » September 5th, 2011, 8:32 am

The only people I ever give any money to are the young fellas that wash your windscreen by the lights after coming out of the western exit of West Mall. At least they are working to make a little something rather than something illegal as a group.

Seeing how I look and especially how I sound, I've seen beggars literally leave who they in the middle of begging and make a bee-line straight for me. Never give then nothing. A nice polite, "Sorry, I don't have anything for you" very straight forward.

Trini Hookah
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Trini Hookah » September 5th, 2011, 8:36 am

DTAC wrote:The only people I ever give any money to are the young fellas that wash your windscreen by the lights after coming out of the western exit of West Mall. At least they are working to make a little something rather than something illegal as a group.

Seeing how I look and especially how I sound, I've seen beggars literally leave who they in the middle of begging and make a bee-line straight for me. Never give then nothing. A nice polite, "Sorry, I don't have anything for you" very straight forward.

You mean the guys with the water browner than river water? No, thanks. More like dirtying your windscreen then asking "Whey meh morney?". :roll:

Bizzare
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Bizzare » September 5th, 2011, 8:38 am

DTAC wrote:The only people I ever give any money to are the young fellas that wash your windscreen by the lights after coming out of the western exit of West Mall.

Thank you

DSM_05
Riding on 16's

Postby DSM_05 » September 5th, 2011, 8:51 am

I said if you don't want it leave it there, if fact give me back my f**king fifty cents. He threw it back on the seat and I drove off watching him quarreling in the back. I will always help where I can but some of them too boldface with it.

FTW

But let me switch it around.

So what if you tell ah beggar yuh have no money to give, and he give you some of his instead.

:|

Kiro_lee
Riding on 16's

Postby Kiro_lee » September 5th, 2011, 9:10 am

1. Some years ago when I use to work In town a normal looking guy walked up to me and said he was hungry and couldnt go home because his wife put him out, all he wanted was 21 dollars to buy some kfc, I eventually handed him the money only to see him walk into kfc, stand in line for 10 seconds, look around and walk out the other exit.

2. When I used to lime on the Brian Lara Promenade with my ex (she liked to do that, still cant figure out why) almost everytime this hard dougla man used to come begging, always want to buy bbq, until one day I got fedup and told him if he leave me alone for a month i would give him a 20, of course he agreed. Since then and this is about 4 years now everytime i see him and he beg me I say "remember yuh say yuh would leave me alone for d month" and he goes "oh gosh sorry boss, ok ok".

3. Port of Spain again, this time in front my office building just relaxing before i go home, a man and a woman walk up, man walk right up to me and the woman kept a distance. He said he and his wife came into town for a job today and they were supposed to get paid but they werent and they just needed money to travel home to chaguanas, after back and forth with what job it was and how he could bring his wife in town with no money I eventually handed him 20 dollars, and they left holding hands, I waited until they were far enough jumped in my car and drove slowly behind them to see what they were going to do, only to see them stop by a dvd vendor to buy dvd.

4. There is a really fat vagrant in town, always lying down, rolling around, how de forq can u be a vagrant and be that fat, ah time he see me with ice cream, d man actually watch me and say "eh fatboy, gimme some ice cream nuh" :lol:
Last edited by Kiro_lee on September 5th, 2011, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiro_lee
Riding on 16's

Postby Kiro_lee » September 5th, 2011, 9:20 am

ABA Trading LTD wrote:I always give to the guy on the wheelchair in chaguanas who has the "i am deaf/mute" sign, a $20 anytime i see him which is about once a month

I see this man counting his money already, he makes more in a day than me I believe and he saw me looking at him counting it, now everytime he sees me he gives me a bounce and smile...lol

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » September 5th, 2011, 9:21 am

DTAC wrote:The only people I ever give any money to are the young fellas that wash your windscreen by the lights after coming out of the western exit of West Mall. At least they are working to make a little something rather than something illegal as a group.

:lol: you mean the people that INSIST on making your clean glass dirty?
Even after a no, they still attempt to clean your glass and then get mat at me for not giving them money, one curse my dad once because he put on his windshield cleaners when one of them couldn't take no for an answer "big man yuh wettin meh up bigman what d ass goin on dey" :?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 5th, 2011, 9:25 am

Kiro_lee wrote:
ABA Trading LTD wrote:I always give to the guy on the wheelchair in chaguanas who has the "i am deaf/mute" sign, a $20 anytime i see him which is about once a month

I see this man counting his money already, he makes more in a day than me I believe and he saw me looking at him counting it, now everytime he sees me he gives me a bounce and smile...lol

hmmm

the only problem I would have is if I see him get up out of the wheelchair and walk into the mall and buy something.

Kiro_lee
Riding on 16's

Postby Kiro_lee » September 5th, 2011, 9:32 am

DSM_05 wrote:
I said if you don't want it leave it there, if fact give me back my f**king fifty cents. He threw it back on the seat and I drove off watching him quarreling in the back. I will always help where I can but some of them too boldface with it.

FTW

But let me switch it around.

So what if you tell ah beggar yuh have no money to give, and he give you some of his instead.

:|

That happened to a friend of mine, when he begged she told him she doh even have enough money to travel, the vagrant pull out his stash and offer them some yes.

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » September 5th, 2011, 9:32 am

I only pay the windscreen cleaner guys if I want my windscreen cleaned. There was a guy that used to be by powergen. Seems kinda slow or at least pretended to be cus the first time I told him no, he still went ahead and clean it. Told him and didn't pay him. After a couple of free washes, he get tht idea that I'm a bad paying 'customer'.

The west moorings guys used to do the same thing and wanna beatup when dey eh get money.

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » September 5th, 2011, 9:34 am

rfari wrote:I only pay the windscreen cleaner guys if I want my windscreen cleaned.

padna, dey does be scratching up yuh windscreen eh, just so you know.

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » September 5th, 2011, 9:36 am

Stephon. wrote:

Even after a no, they still attempt to clean your glass and then get mat at me for not giving them money, one curse my dad once because he put on his windshield cleaners when one of them couldn't take no for an answer "big man yuh wettin meh up bigman what d ass goin on dey" :?

These people by the Westmall lights are idiots. I just pretend they don't exist, and I make sure I don't smile or make too much movements in the car. Even if they wipe the windshield I just pretend they not there.

TRAE
punchin NOS

Postby TRAE » September 5th, 2011, 9:52 am

giving beggars money fuel this behaviour... so now you fuel a drug trade, a lazy gimme gimme lifestyle and the ones that truly need the handout will accept anything they get

rdeonarine
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby rdeonarine » September 5th, 2011, 9:54 am

I particularly despise when women use their young kids as pawns in their trade. They use all kind of excuses like child father leave them and they have to buy milk for their babies. A lot of times I cave and give in to their demands, cause being a parent , I feel for these young children.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 5th, 2011, 9:57 am

A time I give a young fella who was begging in grand bazaar, a $100 to share out 2 box of business cards for meh lol. man was real thankful and more real brisk tho.

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » September 5th, 2011, 10:00 am

ABA Trading LTD wrote:A time I give a young fella who was begging in grand bazaar, a $100 to share out 2 box of business cards for meh lol. man was real thankful and more real brisk tho.

me eh taking no business card from any vagrant eh, imjussaying

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » September 5th, 2011, 10:02 am

ABA Trading LTD wrote:A time I give a young fella who was begging in grand bazaar, a $100 to share out 2 box of business cards for meh lol. man was real thankful and more real brisk tho.

I'm sure those people who received your card thought highly of your business after dealing with your "representative".

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » September 5th, 2011, 10:04 am

Not a good look :?
Then again if he was looking "normal" I guess no one would be able to tell.

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » September 5th, 2011, 10:07 am

Might not be a vagrant. Some younger beggars have a much neater appearance then dey older counterparts.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 5th, 2011, 10:08 am

wasn't a vagrant, fella was about 13/14 eh.

and the cards were for blackberry repairs

no such thing as bad publicity.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » September 5th, 2011, 10:11 am

Stephon. wrote:

after you try to run them over a few times they get the point! :D

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » September 5th, 2011, 10:16 am

so then how do we deal with facebook beggars???? one day i add this girl, next thing she spranging on my wall asking for me to send $5 credit for her... and i see she do it to someone else (on checking her activity.

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Postby Xplode » September 5th, 2011, 10:20 am

all he have to do is start handing out then when you not around ,dump them.. lol

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 5th, 2011, 10:26 am

Xplode wrote:

all he have to do is start handing out then when you not around ,dump them.. lol

nah i stood up there until he was done, was waiting on meh gf to finish shop anyway.

rfari
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rfari » September 5th, 2011, 10:27 am

AllTrac wrote:
rfari wrote:I only pay the windscreen cleaner guys if I want my windscreen cleaned.

Yup. I lock that off a while now. When meh washer fluid done I does have a jar litre bottle with water and a lil sqezy mix and pong two hole in the cover and fix meh mix.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » September 5th, 2011, 10:35 am

rfari wrote:
AllTrac wrote:

Yup. I lock that off a while now. When meh washer fluid done I does have a jar litre bottle with water and a lil sqezy mix and pong two hole in the cover and fix meh mix.

:rofl:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”