Forums

Beggars and Choosers - Express Article

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Beggars and Choosers - Express Article

Postby TeamH2O » February 1st, 2013, 9:13 am

yesterday by the lighthouse lights in POS a piper/beggar/chooser whatever come walking and the man KNOCK SO HARD On the glass like he was gonna buss my glass....i was like wtmc and before i cuss and tell he get away a next man bawl out what the firetruck yuh knocking people glass so hard, get the firetruck outta here.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » February 1st, 2013, 3:03 pm

Have ah indian one who roams downtown POS with a backpack...he starts off saying he not asking for money but come with a story that he from deep south and came to diego to collect some money but de person set him up so he just looking for a lil help to get home...being me i have no pity for humans so i told him no

He approached me twice after...the second time he changed it from diego to bournes road...i reminded him he gave me that story already....and i still cant help him

Third time he stopped me then he realized it was me and said sorry and walked off to chain up some christian lady

crazybalhead
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby crazybalhead » February 1st, 2013, 3:18 pm

DFC wrote:
Stephon. wrote:
cherrypopper wrote:one time outside superpharm in chaguanas a man ask me if I could buy him some crix , just crix he wanted, he said he was real hungry , so I made groceries for him instead , I basically bought everything he may need . He took the bag and thanked me and then I walked off but I didnt leave . I sat in my car and observed him . He sat on the side of superpharm on the walkway and began to eat and drink and then the man just started crying yes....

I went back a couple times to look for him but he was no where to be found ... the guard said to me though that his house did burn down and he lost eveything ...

:shock: :cry: This is really sad.

sigh....
1cry

WDA...This man did the same "performance" for my wife the other day!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » February 1st, 2013, 3:24 pm

^ u serious? that story touched me :(

in certain places..

Rooki3
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rooki3 » February 1st, 2013, 4:53 pm

crazybalhead wrote:
DFC wrote:
Stephon. wrote:
cherrypopper wrote:one time outside superpharm in chaguanas a man ask me if I could buy him some crix , just crix he wanted, he said he was real hungry , so I made groceries for him instead , I basically bought everything he may need . He took the bag and thanked me and then I walked off but I didnt leave . I sat in my car and observed him . He sat on the side of superpharm on the walkway and began to eat and drink and then the man just started crying yes....

I went back a couple times to look for him but he was no where to be found ... the guard said to me though that his house did burn down and he lost eveything ...

:shock: :cry: This is really sad.

sigh....
1cry

WDA...This man did the same "performance" for my wife the other day!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow, i nearly shed a tear reading dah story

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » February 1st, 2013, 4:59 pm

wow some of you really puccy yes, survival of the fittest out there. If your house burn down too bad, build a fireproof home next time.

kurpal_v2
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby kurpal_v2 » February 1st, 2013, 5:00 pm

X_Factor wrote:So, there is a beggar who is usually by uwi lights, his hand swell up and face as well...
so i jus came from uwi supermarket, and yuh boy gone buy ah guinness play 2 mark and siddong drinking he guinness....
I was like WTF!

Lol that's normal, everyday about 6.15 he does be by the supermarket drinking with his buddies.

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » February 1st, 2013, 5:45 pm

man hadda like heself too

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » February 1st, 2013, 6:10 pm

i normaly give to those in need but it have some oh goar jead..had some occasions where i literally nearly fall asleep listening to their sob story

pioneer
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby pioneer » February 1st, 2013, 9:52 pm

If they are in so much need then do something to fix it.

People who hand them free money just encouraging them in their parasitic ways. They pay no taxes, contribute nothing to society or the economy but expect the working class to support them forever.

Nah.

*$kїđž!™
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *$kїđž!™ » February 1st, 2013, 11:12 pm

skylinechild wrote:went chaguanas licensing office once .....some random beggar asked me for $10..i told him look there's a car wash it and i'll give you $40.....they guy said he not interested.....go figure...

a friend of mine told me a young fella not more than 17 yrs ask him for $5......my friend said no problem i'll giv you $50...come and help me in the garden...the young fella say if he wanted a work he woulda check CEPEP....he jus want $5......go figure.....

some ppl just on the streets because they naturally LAZY.....and i kno we shouldnt think like that cause we dont know who actually needs help and who doesnt.....but some ppl are just leeches on society.....

THIS

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 12th, 2022, 10:08 am

Is there anywhere you could go in Trinidad now without being swarmed by beggars? These people real flicking annoying. Especially pricemart movietowne and superpharm maraval, expect at 3 beggars or sellers of some chocolate. It's like they all working for someone.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 12th, 2022, 10:10 am

i see a new band of bands ladies

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 12th, 2022, 10:17 am

The traffic lights on the SRH highway have much more beggars.
On Sunday Pasea lights had two women with bristol board signs each sign saying essentially the same thing. The only issue IMO was both signs were written in the same handwriting.

But I mean charity supposed to be charity and not an indictment on other indicators.

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » January 12th, 2022, 10:27 am

And they have a setta long sad stories. These people don't understand that the annoying. Just ask for the money and done.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 12th, 2022, 10:53 am

It's out of hand for a while now. Everywhere you go, a beggar intercepting you. Bank entrance, ATM, grocery, bakery, mall, etc...

"wuz d time?" "i know yuh from somewhere" "you is *fake name* by chance?" "yuh know where so and so is?" ...then you see the lil twitch, hit you with the sad story and the begging.

If you give to one, a next one jump out with they hand open.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 12th, 2022, 11:04 am

u almost cant go price plaza without somebody coming to beg, sad story or sell u some sh1t u dont need ...

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 12th, 2022, 11:07 am

In one woodbrook too, I now come out FCB and this lil girl begging people to buy she chocolate, she's polite and cute so I bought $40 worth. I go in the car to eat a piece and the thing expired and rancid. I get so vex eh.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » January 12th, 2022, 11:09 am

^^^ next thing she get dat from d garbage or dump & u well eating ... :lol:

fairly often my store now open for d day & i sit down a few minutes they coming with sad stories, i tell dem i jes now open & i eh sell nothing yet [which is d truth] they turn & go ...

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » January 12th, 2022, 1:11 pm

Begging is big business, a lot of those cardboard sign beggars disappear when the sun comes down because they have their proper homes to live in at the expense of suckers. I've heard all the sad stories and not willing to part with my hard earned money.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » January 12th, 2022, 1:39 pm

Daran get hit with labasse chocolate

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » January 12th, 2022, 1:44 pm

Price plaza they have real plenty.

Some of them kinda aggressive when they see women moving by themselves.

Not sure why security don't run them

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » January 12th, 2022, 2:23 pm

That chocolate one common now.
In Oct last year I remember going to Shoppes of Arima and Trincity Mall on the same day and there was a set of youth men selling chocolates ( the turkish ones) in both places.

My wife bought one and at least it wasn't expired stuff. My soft spot is either old women and or little children when it comes to getting catch to either giving money or buying things.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 12th, 2022, 3:02 pm

I don't give to none no matter the sad story.I've heard it all from sickness,job loss,family problems,child father leave etc.The only time they would get my money is when they come with a legit donation form approved by TTPS to solicit funds from the public.Even that could be faked as well but you just hadda watch for the fine details because most of them don't go through the effort.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 12th, 2022, 3:23 pm

So you giving once have ttps stamp ?
Like you ain’t know about the Hackshaw bobol or wha

supercharged turbo wrote:I don't give to none no matter the sad story.I've heard it all from sickness,job loss,family problems,child father leave etc.The only time they would get my money is when they come with a legit donation form approved by TTPS to solicit funds from the public.Even that could be faked as well but you just hadda watch for the fine details because most of them don't go through the effort.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » January 12th, 2022, 3:44 pm

I don't deal with beggars anymore.If I see someone trying to help themselves,I will help them.Other than that, I am not encouraging laziness

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » January 12th, 2022, 6:53 pm

pugboy wrote:So you giving once have ttps stamp ?
Like you ain’t know about the Hackshaw bobol or wha

supercharged turbo wrote:I don't give to none no matter the sad story.I've heard it all from sickness,job loss,family problems,child father leave etc.The only time they would get my money is when they come with a legit donation form approved by TTPS to solicit funds from the public.Even that could be faked as well but you just hadda watch for the fine details because most of them don't go through the effort.
Yeah now but at the time like most people,I didn't know about it.Surprisingly,since Covid I eh see none of them with the TTPS stamped donation sheet passing around.

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby j.o.e » January 13th, 2022, 6:42 am

hustla_ambition101 wrote:Begging is big business, a lot of those cardboard sign beggars disappear when the sun comes down because they have their proper homes to live in at the expense of suckers. I've heard all the sad stories and not willing to part with my hard earned money.

Begging pays better than minimum wage think about it. Once you have a location and could garner sympathy you beating that $17.50 easy

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » January 13th, 2022, 7:12 am

j.o.e wrote:
hustla_ambition101 wrote:Begging is big business, a lot of those cardboard sign beggars disappear when the sun comes down because they have their proper homes to live in at the expense of suckers. I've heard all the sad stories and not willing to part with my hard earned money.

Begging pays better than minimum wage think about it. Once you have a location and could garner sympathy you beating that $17.50 easy

I was bored once years ago and spent about 30 mins observing how much people (couldn't see the amount given) that gave this begger who was begging by the traffic lights.

In 30 mins he got 5 donations. I assume some could be a dollar but most looked like more. So yes, they definitely earn more than minimum wage.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » January 13th, 2022, 10:25 am

Modern beggars have routes! I observe one in south and between 7-8 am mon repos gas station, 8-9 eat royal eatery, 9-10.30 southern food baskets, 10.30- 12 Karamath roti shop, 12-2 kfc, 2-3 Chinese food place opposite, 3-4 karamath, 4-5 southern food basket, 5-7 mon repos gas station. Buy meh something to eat nah, I need a 5 to get a roti, meh pension was late just need a 20 to rally until tomorrow, I came down from arima for a job but I get set up help make up some passage to reach home.

But wait you probably wondering what happens after 7? Well thats when he moves down to the cross and begins roaming between the food carts but unlike during the day here he taxes the carts and waits for the customers to walk away or towards to hassle but not in the line, those that don't pay the tax he begs the customers in their lines as well not before or after like the rest.

Its hard work but on a slow day he being fed whole day and getting paid more than what most laborers making so it rewarding for him im sure

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”