WTK: Dash Cam

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

demogorgon15
3NE 2NR for life

WTK: Dash Cam

Postby demogorgon15 » November 2nd, 2011, 3:41 pm

Hello,

I'm not sure were to post this but, I've been thinking about getting a dash cam for sometime now. Thanks to an incident yesterday evening where I wrongly received a ticket, my interests in getting one has been renewed. Does anyone sell / install dash cams locally and can any one offer reviews on the installed cams with regards to quality, ability to playback, ability to export still images etc?

Xplode
Riding on 18's

Re: WTK: Dash Cam

Postby Xplode » November 2nd, 2011, 3:46 pm

demogorgon15 wrote:Hello,

I'm not sure were to post this but, I've been thinking about getting a dash cam for sometime now. Thanks to an incident yesterday evening where I wrongly received a ticket, my interests in getting one has been renewed. Does anyone sell / install dash cams locally and can any one offer reviews on the installed cams with regards to quality, ability to playback, ability to export still images etc?

even if you receive a ticket wrongly video evidence/pictures don't stand up in court.

demogorgon15
3NE 2NR for life

Postby demogorgon15 » November 2nd, 2011, 3:50 pm

why not?

zoelikescheese
Riding on 18's

Postby zoelikescheese » November 2nd, 2011, 3:54 pm

Xplode wrote:

even if you receive a ticket wrongly video evidence/pictures don't stand up in court.

^^^^correct so u wasting time.

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » November 2nd, 2011, 4:01 pm

you could still keep the footage for yourself, or send to ian alleyne or put it up on public sites to let people see what rubbish goes on.
you could probably try a GoPro HD

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 2nd, 2011, 4:14 pm

you can carry a keychain camera to at least record your interaction with the cops

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » November 2nd, 2011, 7:03 pm

GoPro Hero Motorsports
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-motorsports-hero-camera/

comes with a suction cup to mount in your car
Wide angle lens to capture everything

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » November 2nd, 2011, 8:36 pm

demogorgon15 wrote:why not?

because trinidad's justice system is too "developed" for video evidence.

transporter001
Street 2NR

Postby transporter001 » November 3rd, 2011, 9:51 am

Xplode wrote:

Hopefully soon it will be able to stand in court.

http://www.newsday.co.tt/politics/0,149906.html

Video-tape evidence bill for Parliament shortly
By ANDRE BAGOO Wednesday, November 2 2011

LEGISLATION which will make it easier to submit video-tape evidence in court is to be tabled in Parliament in the coming weeks, Minister of Justice Herbert Volney said this week.

The Administration of Justice Bill, which will also introduce measures to replace the preliminary inquiry with a new High Court review procedure, has already been approved by the Cabinet’s Legislative Review Committee and is expected before Parliament.

Volney said the bill will contain provisions to make it easier to allow certain forms of evidence to be submitted in court.

“It will allow for certain forms of evidence to be admitted in evidence including video and audio recordings,” he said. “They are already admissible but there are some requirements. For example, you must have the maker and so on in court. This would make that process easier.”

Volney said he hopes the legislation will be debated in Parliament within weeks.

“It should be among the first bills set for debate,” he said.

Earlier this year the Government broadcast CCTV footage of reported gang members in Port-of- Spain committing what appeared to be murders and robberies. However, the Government said the video evidence could not be admitted in court because the victims were not willing to come forward.

While the Administration of Justice Bill deals with the issue of videotape footage, it does not currently address the question of the broadcast of such footage on television, Volney noted.

“I don’t think that it directly addresses that issue,” he said. “However I expect that to be an issue to be raised in the debate.” Volney would not express a view on the question of the legality of the recent broadcast of footage which purported to show a minor being raped on prime-time television, saying he had not seen the footage in question. The matter, he also said, is one for the Ministry of the Attorney General. This week the Rape Crisis Society condemned the airing of the video.

The Administration of Justice Bill will be among a suite of legislation which is aimed at reforms of the criminal justice system. It is to be tabled alongside a new DNA Bill to overhaul the current DNA legislation and the Monitoring of Offenders Bill, which is to introduce the practice of electronic tagging of prisoners.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 3rd, 2011, 9:53 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:GoPro Hero Motorsports

nice :P looking for something to use during those late night Macqueripe "bull or walk" sessions

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » November 3rd, 2011, 9:56 am

eliteauto wrote:

nice :P looking for something to use during those late night Macqueripe "bull or walk" sessions

but up there does be dark :|

innovative audio
Sweet on this forum

Postby innovative audio » November 3rd, 2011, 9:57 am

if all else fails u could use it and make your own lil episodes of cops. on the roads these days the kinda things u gonna be seeing, the camera will come in good for u

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 3rd, 2011, 10:05 am

r3iXmann wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

that's what she said :fadein:

but is really for pre and post come in car footage, that way the next one go see is not just her has been in the situation, planning to use MJ's "You are not alone" for the soundtrack

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » November 3rd, 2011, 10:10 am

eliteauto wrote:
r3iXmann wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

that's what she said :fadein:

but is really for pre and post come in car footage, that way the next one go see is not just her has been in the situation, planning to use MJ's "You are not alone" for the soundtrack

i c what you're doing thar :lol:

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 27th, 2013, 10:46 pm

:bump:

Any new reviews / suggestions on a good dash camera? The GoPro is a great camera but not ideal imo to use as a dedicated, permanently installed in car camera.

I'm seem some great night recordings in some of those Russian driving vids.. Wanna get a cam with good low light capability

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » May 27th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Last edited by 3stagevtec on May 27th, 2013, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R-H-D
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby R-H-D » May 27th, 2013, 11:19 pm

we have 2 models in stock
Free demo so you may see the quality etc
DIY install with suction cups for windscreen
http://www.rhdtechnologies.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=715492&product=810
http://www.rhdtechnologies.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=715492&product=811

Michael Knight...
Riding on 17's

Postby Michael Knight... » May 27th, 2013, 11:29 pm

^^^Those prices aren't bad at all.

RedTiger
Trinituner Peong

Postby RedTiger » May 28th, 2013, 2:24 am

Dash_Cam.jpg

OP, this is what you looking for ...

clone101
Riding on 17's

Postby clone101 » May 28th, 2013, 5:26 am

I got this 1 a while back work good for the price...
Attachments
Photo0471.jpg

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » May 28th, 2013, 8:59 am

^^ upload a vid from it please, preferably one where the vehicle is moving. lets see how good it really gets.

NLVA200
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby NLVA200 » May 28th, 2013, 10:48 am

This is the one I use. Works like a charm.

It doubles as a wide angle rear view mirror and the screen is built in. Very discreet. A 32MB SD card holds about 3 hours of footage and the oldest files get written over automatically. Starts recording automatically when you start the car, stops when you shut it off, after the time you set. Also you can set it to record when any vibration occurs when you're away from the car.

http://www.amazon.com/Hdvr-150-Accident ... s=dash+cam

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 28th, 2013, 11:01 am

Have that same one clone101 posted. It's a decent price (between US$20-$25), but there are a couple drawbacks:

*It's bulky, so there are major limitations to where you can mount it. It can be very distracting or may block your view of things on the road if you don't pay attention. While the mount will fit behind the rearview mirror or behind the sun visors, the camera hanging from it will not. This is a major issue for me.
*It's not HD quality, even though it says it is. In fact at it's highest setting, the image quality is quite grainy, even in the day.
*Infrared is useless at night looking out the glass - it reflects off the windscreen and blinds the camera
*It has a VERY narrow field of view - only about 90* even at it's widest setting. The specs say 120* but it is not that wide. If you mount on the windscreen, you won't see very far to the left or right. This is my biggest complaint with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Vehicle-Recorder- ... ds=dashcam
http://www.amazon.com/2-5-inch-Vehicle- ... s=dash+cam
http://www.amazon.com/SainSpeed-Microph ... ds=dashcam

They're all chinese made, so they're all the same just with a different brand name. Bear the above in mind if you're looking at this particular one.

R-H-D
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby R-H-D » May 28th, 2013, 8:01 pm

check out a demo recording
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

dredman1
Riding on 18's

Postby dredman1 » May 28th, 2013, 9:02 pm

^^^ which one of the 2 you posted recorded that vid?

R-H-D
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby R-H-D » May 28th, 2013, 9:21 pm

the cheaper model
youtube compressed video the actual quality is better
http://www.rhdtechnologies.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=715492&product=811

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » May 28th, 2013, 11:38 pm

i have mines two yrs now. just like clone101. weird, today it just blew. i am actually surprised it lasted so long in the trini sun. well worth the price

pseudorandom
Street 2NR

Postby pseudorandom » May 29th, 2013, 12:25 am

Below is a sample of my F500LHD in 1080p (adjust the video resolution to 1080p and watch full screen). Most of them are late evening and rain clouds, so light not good. At 0:20 shows full daytime light. Got it from Aliexpress for US$91 (plus skybox shipping charges) using one of the recommended links in the article below, to make sure I get an original and not a fake. I get a little more than 8 hours on 1080p before video cycles on a 32 GB card. For the price, the video quality is pretty decent and can make out number plates at reasonable distance, but I still don't like those heavy compression artifacts I seeing. Night vision not too good. Cannot make out number plates at all in the night, but at least it captures the action. For that price, I'm satisfied. From all my research, getting a dash cam with better video quality than this means significantly more money. Don't know if any recent cams offer better quality/price value.

http://dashcamtalk.com/dod-f500lhd

RedTiger
Trinituner Peong

Postby RedTiger » May 29th, 2013, 2:47 am

pseudorandom wrote:Below is a sample of my F500LHD in 1080p (adjust the video resolution to 1080p and watch full screen). Most of them are late evening and rain clouds, so light not good. At 0:20 shows full daytime light. Got it from Aliexpress for US$91 (plus skybox shipping charges) using one of the recommended links in the article below, to make sure I get an original and not a fake. I get a little more than 8 hours on 1080p before video cycles on a 32 GB card. For the price, the video quality is pretty decent and can make out number plates at reasonable distance, but I still don't like those heavy compression artifacts I seeing. Night vision not too good. Cannot make out number plates at all in the night, but at least it captures the action. For that price, I'm satisfied. From all my research, getting a dash cam with better video quality than this means significantly more money. Don't know if any recent cams offer better quality/price value.

http://dashcamtalk.com/dod-f500lhd

No bad. Ronny dude, did you see that Video ? How does yours compare ? Why not up load a video from your 2 models ? BTW that muffler bearing almost hit ya at Auto Village ! Overall decent but I have seen better. Looking for one with HD Night Vision .. Rock & Roll, Elvis is Alive !

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » May 29th, 2013, 4:55 am

r3iXmann wrote:
eliteauto wrote:

Jes' cuz no one cyah sees joo................

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”