Forums

****the official CRICKET thread*****

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Re: ****the official CRICKET thread*****

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 22nd, 2019, 7:13 am

Bangladesh all out for 106...day 1 against India...serious pace bowling by India

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 23rd, 2019, 7:21 am

Another test century for koli

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 23rd, 2019, 7:42 am

The Paleontologist wrote:I wonder if India's not allowing their players to play in leagues around the world has alot to do with their success

Btw Afghanistan run through WI too lol

BCCI wants to matain a monopoly on cricket, since India is probably the largest cricketing country in the world. It's one of the reasons you won't see an Indian player in the cpl. Currently the BCCI bullying ICC to get a larger share of cricketing profits.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 27th, 2019, 9:11 am

WI Afghanistan test started last night and Type II diabetes won out in the end yes.
Cornwall with a 7 wicket haul!!

WI two down in their reply.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 27th, 2019, 9:12 am

Cornwall pick up 7 wkts this morning yes...1st test against Afghan

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 28th, 2019, 6:17 am

Afghanistan 2nd inns - 66/4 trail by 24 to make WI bat again.

Live Stream: - Showing really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARQs32ozAJA

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » November 28th, 2019, 7:37 am

Cornwall going through Afghanistan like a bucket of KFC, 10 wicket haul already.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 28th, 2019, 8:51 am

Windies could actually win a test in 3 days...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 28th, 2019, 9:05 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Windies could actually win a test in 3 days...

If Afghanistan get a 100 runs to play with they could make this interesting.!!!

On another note Hetmeyer just doesn't look like an international player anymore though.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » November 28th, 2019, 9:18 am

Same was said about Hope.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 28th, 2019, 9:48 am

racedriverpro wrote:Same was said about Hope.

And he too still remains a less than average player for the time being.

After 30 tests his average is below 30. The NZ team that beat England last week had all but 1 player in their top 7 with an average greater than 40.

I like to use NZ for a comparison before any other cricket country as they have the smallest population of all test playing countries (yes even smaller than WI), just like us other sports are more popular (however they are actually world beaters in their other national sport), their funding and sponsorships opportunities are limited etc.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 28th, 2019, 10:29 am

Hit and miss with Shimron yes....very interested in seeing what windies do against India

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 28th, 2019, 10:31 am

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:Hit and miss with Shimron yes....very interested in seeing what windies do against India

You've just described the way he bats as well

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 29th, 2019, 6:17 am

Wimdies win....nice nice....time to face real competition

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » November 30th, 2019, 6:11 am

David Warner scores 335 runs not out against Pakistan. Australia eventually declared on 589/3. Seeing that it's only day 2 in the test, they coudda give him a 10 overs atleast to go after Lara record.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 30th, 2019, 6:20 am

I now coming to post that^..lol....I remember they did the same thing a few years ago when Clark was on 332 or there about

fokhan_96
Riding on 17's

Postby fokhan_96 » November 30th, 2019, 7:52 am

Yea Ricky Ponting said that Australia do not play selfish cricket

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » November 30th, 2019, 8:20 am

fokhan_96 wrote:David Warner scores 335 runs not out against Pakistan. Australia eventually declared on 589/3. Seeing that it's only day 2 in the test, they coudda give him a 10 overs atleast to go after Lara record.

In the West Indies and other low class places people play cricket and do business for side success at the expense of true success which is winning. There were a couple occasions where Clarke could’ve broken that record but it’s a fairly useless record. Winning is where the prize is at.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » November 30th, 2019, 8:27 am

Any achievement is an achievement mentality

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 30th, 2019, 8:36 am

A lot of that has to do with their great respect for Donald Bradman whose highest test score was 334. I clearly remember Clark saying so when he made his 332.

That respect was shown by Warner and company today as well.

fokhan_96 wrote:David Warner scores 335 runs not out against Pakistan. Australia eventually declared on 589/3. Seeing that it's only day 2 in the test, they coudda give him a 10 overs atleast to go after Lara record.

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I now coming to post that^..lol....I remember they did the same thing a few years ago when Clark was on 332 or there about

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 30th, 2019, 9:17 am

Another thing to note, teams playing tests these days need as much points as possible to reach to the final top 2 spots for the playoffs...so they will utilize as much time as possible

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » November 30th, 2019, 9:26 am

What gonna hurt them more is Pakistan is currently 96/6......surely Paine should have let Warner bat on, declare at 650-700 and totally take it away from Pakistan by the end of day 2.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 30th, 2019, 11:34 am

Last edited by vaiostation on November 30th, 2019, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 30th, 2019, 11:45 am

Surpassing Brian Lara's Record Was Never on My Mind: David Warner

Australia captain Tim Paine's timing of declaration, with David Warner unbeaten on 335 and having a realistic chance of going past Brian Lara's record Test score of 400, came under the scanner in some quarters during the second Test against Pakistan in Adelaide.

Warner, however, brushed aside any criticism of the declaration saying the record was never in his mind.

"I don't think so at all. We really looked at the weather that's around tomorrow, we wanted to give ourselves a lot of time," Warner told reporters after the knock.

"If we could have the amount of overs we did tonight and try to get a couple of wickets, we've managed to get six wickets down, if there is a bit of rain about tomorrow, the bowlers get a good rest, only have to come out and try to get 14 wickets in the last two days, so it wasn't a thing in our mind to go out there and try to get that record or anything. It was more about putting our team in a great position to win the Test."

Warner revealed that Paine extended Australia's innings to allow Warner to get past Don Bradman's 334, the Australian record that was broken on Saturday.

"The first person I asked was Smithy when I was out there batting. I said how many overs do you reckon we'll have at them tonight, and it was literally that perfect amount. Then I came in, I think at that break, and I said 'when are we declaring', and they said '5.40pm' and I said 'ok'.

"I kept on asking when we were out there, we got to five, then ten past five, and I was making sure that was still the message and it was. Until I think that last over before, it just ticked over and Painey wanted me to try and get past that 334 mark.

"To achieve passing Sir Donald Bradman's highest Test score, you look at it as a kid growing up and thinking, who is ever going to beat that in general. Then Brian Lara gets 400, Matthew Hayden gets 380, Tubby equalled Bradman against Pakistan, then Michael Clarke might have passed it but he declared.

"It's in the back of your mind, but you never think you are ever going to get yourself definitely. But when you get an opportunity like that, you want to try your best to see how good you are against the greatest we've ever had."

After a special day, Warner remembered his interaction with Virender Sehwag during his early days in the IPL.

"When I met Virender Sehwag for Delhi in the IPL, he said to me I'll be a better Test player than a T20 player," he said. "I said you're out of your mind, I've not played many first-class games.

"He always said they'll have slips and gully, covers will be open, mid off and mid on will be up, you can get off to a flier and sit there all day and you'll be picking them all off. It's always stuck in my mind, it sounded very easy then."

Warner's form in the home summer comes after a tough Ashes tour of England, where he managed only 95 runs from 10 innings. Warner, however, said he wasn't out of form but just out of runs.

"You're going to have people who doubt you, and through that whole series I said 'I wasn't out of form, I was out of runs'," he said. "If I had my time again I would've not changed my guard, I wouldn't have listened to some external noises, I would've backed myself more and bat where I have been here outside off, leaving the ball patiently, getting my bat and pad closer together and under my nose, and I am capable of that.

"I just think in England you can get caught up in playing too much in front, especially with the way I play, so I've had to regroup coming back from England, I've hit 3500-4000 balls leading into Brisbane and here as well I batted for a good two hours per session as well.

"It's not by chance that I've actually tightened all that up, I've actually been working really hard on it in the nets, it's one of those things where I'm a very confident person, whether I scored these runs or didn't score these runs, I still hold my head up high and have that little smirk on my face that I always have."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news18 ... 06763.html

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » November 30th, 2019, 12:14 pm

bluefete wrote:A lot of that has to do with their great respect for Donald Bradman whose highest test score was 334. I clearly remember Clark saying so when he made his 332.

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:I now coming to post that^..lol....I remember they did the same thing a few years ago when Clark was on 332 or there about

That’s bogus info.. Hayden already made 380 prior to that. Regardless good teams don’t give a sheit about personal milestones, is the reason perform so well as TEAMS.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 30th, 2019, 12:59 pm

speedmelter wrote:
bluefete wrote:A lot of that has to do with their great respect for Donald Bradman whose highest test score was 334. I clearly remember Clark saying so when he made his 332.

That’s bogus info.. Hayden already made 380 prior to that. Regardless good teams don’t give a sheit about personal milestones, is the reason perform so well as TEAMS.

Yeah but Hayden was running down the 400...he chased the 375 and gt..lara came after with the 400...but as I said before, teams looking for victory in tests to secure points

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » November 30th, 2019, 2:53 pm

That was against Zimbabwe iirc.. they were just piling on the runs in the first inning.. when he broke that record is was no huge deal to Australians. No holiday no house nothing.. in fact it was West Indian fans who were more affected by it than anything else.

My point is a good team is more interested in winning a game than some stupid personal stats. The reason why low teams like WI remain low and divided. Allot of people here won’t understand or appreciate what I’m saying because it’s something built into our mentality...

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 30th, 2019, 9:40 pm

So what really happened in that TT and Leeward islands semi final game?

Bravo dropped a sitter. Our best bowler going at 4 per over suddenly got injured after 6.5 overs (Anderson). Spinners got real licks.

I wondered if they really wanted to win.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 30th, 2019, 9:42 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
speedmelter wrote:

Yeah but Hayden was running down the 400...he chased the 375 and gt..lara came after with the 400...but as I said before, teams looking for victory in tests to secure points

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/clarke- ... -1.1072653

speedmelter
18 pounds of Boost

Postby speedmelter » December 1st, 2019, 12:46 am

bluefete wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
speedmelter wrote:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/clarke- ... -1.1072653

I don’t know if it is I can’t read and comprehend as well as you but where in that article does Clarke say or give any notion to declining to bat on because he wanted to preserve bradman’s highest score?

The article title is misleading, maybe there is where you got misled.

If you read the article it actually solidifies what I said... that top teams go about cricket in terms of winning and not records.

Do not mean to start an argument btw.. we’re all here for the love of cricket and to share views.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”