Forums

School chirren these days :/

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: School chirren these days :/

Postby maj. tom » March 16th, 2023, 7:58 pm

I don't think those sort of people that make the pro- corporal punishment argument read much. They seem to be mentally and culturally engrained with the need for violent discipline and authority to keep a mind in check when massa whips their children, just as it has been before for our ancestors.

And I say they don't read because I want to draw from George Lamming's "In the Castle of my Skin" classroom scene:
The head teacher removed his jacket and gripped the leather. The first blow rent the pants and left the black buttocks exposed. The boy made a brief howl like an animal that had had its throat cut. No one could say how long he was beaten or how many strokes he received. But when he stood supported by the four boys who had held him down he was weak. The knees tottered and the filth slithered down his legs. The boys lifted him out of the school and carried him under the pipe in the school yard.

‘What he ask?’ the boys urged.

‘He ask if the queen’s bloomers was red, white and blue.'

The boys put his legs under the pipe again and washed him clean.

First Boy: I never ever see him beat anybody like that. Never ever.

And compare it a similar but real-life scene that the author was hugely influenced from "Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave:"

This occurrence took place very soon after I went to live with my old master, and under the following circumstances. Aunt Hester went out one night,—where or for what I do not know,—and happened to be absent when my master desired her presence.

Before he commenced whipping Aunt Hester, he took her into the kitchen, and stripped her from neck to waist, leaving her neck, shoulders, and back, entirely naked. He then told her to cross her hands, calling her at the same time a d——d b—-h. After crossing her hands, he tied them with a strong rope, and led her to a stool under a large hook in the joist, put in for the purpose. He made her get upon the stool, and tied her hands to the hook. She now stood fair for his infernal purpose. Her arms were stretched up at their full length, so that she stood upon the ends of her toes.

He then said to her, “Now, you d——d b—-h, I’ll learn you how to disobey my orders!” and after rolling up his sleeves, he commenced to lay on the heavy cowskin, and soon the warm, red blood (amid heart-rending shrieks from her, and horrid oaths from him) came dripping to the floor. I was so terrified and horror-stricken at the sight, that I hid myself in a closet, and dared not venture out till long after the bloody transaction was over. I expected it would be my turn next. It was all new to me. I had never seen any thing like it before. I had always lived with my grandmother on the outskirts of the plantation, where she was put to raise the children of the younger women. I had therefore been, until now, out of the way of the bloody scenes that often occurred on the plantation.

So a local, forward thinking politician actually tried to make life better, remove a disgusting part of our brutal colonial culture, cited by innumerable social, psychological and tested studies by experts on the matter, across many developed countries in the world. But the people who don't read always come back to it as the excuse for why there exist some terrible and criminal behaviour by children conveniently leaving out all the infinite situations where it did not happen with the rest of children who are also not beaten in school. Rather than look at real root causes like poverty, poor authority at home, broken family structures, sexual abuse and violence, bullying, etc., etc.

Oh and is it a coincidence that that politician's name is Kamla? It can fit nicely into the national motto "is Kamla fault."

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 16th, 2023, 8:33 pm

its a waste of my time with wing - its best i dont reply to ur posts & u dont reply to mines ... :|

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 16th, 2023, 8:35 pm

the blame kamla distraction aside, hope we get more action on the union/claxton bay high school.

brother and sister attacked with iron chairs
offenders suspended, meets child outside school
6 reports made to police station
girl assaulted, dragged to classroom and sexually assaulted
principal say they can't do anything, check with police
boys attempted to assault girl again today, teachers calls police
parents make police report again
boys (suspended, in plain clothes) meet parents outside school
parents and children taunted and beaten outside school

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » March 16th, 2023, 8:41 pm

If I was a teacher and corporal punishment was still a thing I'd be reluctant to use it especially on kids who are almost as tall as me and probably stronger to, as well as psycho parents out there. It's not like long ago where you got another cut tail at home after getting one in school.
I agree with major Tom that the cause of deviant behavior lies in broken families, bullying etc but it's not the teacher's job to deal with that crap. You're getting paid to teach math, English etc, not to be a psychologist/parole officer. If children aren't disciplined enough to be in a social setting there should be an option to write them off as 'not fit for social interaction, return to sender until reformed'

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 16th, 2023, 8:45 pm

^^^ good points

marlon on d show was saying if d authorities not doing their job maybe its time parents started engaging a lawyer to sue for damages

imagine d parents of pests is a poor father taximan\ph driver really trying but he wife is a housewife so they dont have much $ but son jes enjoys being a bully\evil

or d pest parents are themselves low lives so how u expect what kind of bad apple to fall from d tree, they eh have no $ to compensate so lock up, but their relatives want to take revenge on u for them

rel further lawlessness cud take place

this is why my suggestion was to deal with d actual individual pest as described in my post on d previous page ...

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 16th, 2023, 8:50 pm

marlon really find he niche... some looking for scholarship, some looking for rapemanship.. to enter the system.. I doh really take on Beyond the Tape but it good to watch once in a while..

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 16th, 2023, 9:14 pm

Rovin wrote:its a waste of my time with wing - its best i dont reply to ur posts & u dont reply to mines ... :|

Blocking works better

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 16th, 2023, 9:50 pm

So teachers/school can’t do anything, police not charging them with assault but victims being injured.
Something not making sense

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » March 17th, 2023, 8:06 am

What are your views on the parent who says her daughter was sexually harassed? She made reports, nothing and well she and her husband confronted the alleged abusers which led to a big brawl. The vids all over the place. I believe the school is st.margarets

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » March 17th, 2023, 9:13 am

all this talk about chirren authority last year, human trafficking , sex crimes last week
i am sure it will be dealt with expeditiously

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 18th, 2023, 7:29 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:What are your views on the parent who says her daughter was sexually harassed? She made reports, nothing and well she and her husband confronted the alleged abusers which led to a big brawl. The vids all over the place. I believe the school is st.margarets

All I go say about that, is that I thank God is not my progeny.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » April 21st, 2023, 7:50 pm

well done youth ...

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » April 21st, 2023, 7:53 pm

Schools does have plenty box lunches remaining at the end of the day, glad some students take them not for themselves but to distribute to others like that. However, I have encountered homeless people who won't accept certain types of meals and scoffs at them. :lol:

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 21st, 2023, 8:41 pm

youth have good intentions but he shouldn't feed the homeless like that. San'do mayor made this point many times. We have a designated site where the homeless get hot meals (professionally prepared with all sanitation requirements observed) and importantly there are facilities to clean up after. What the youth doing is making more of a problem even if the intentions are 100% on point.

really the best thing he particularly could be doing is helping his classmates with homework and speaking out against bullying. Group learning helps everybody; the ones that 'teach' get a deeper understanding of the material. Speaking out against the bullying problem is what we need for cultural change in our island's failed society.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » May 3rd, 2023, 6:45 pm

Uncutt News Media

An MTS cleaner wrestled a cutlass from a pupil at Tranquility Government Secondary School on Wednesday 3rd May 2023.
Uncutt News Media was told that a female teacher at the school was accosted by a student with the weapon which has left her severely traumatized.
We were also told that the school has been understaffed for suite sometime.
This is the same school where the principal was thrown to the floor while parting a fight among students in November.

https://www.facebook.com/10009001735621 ... 0068934578

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » May 3rd, 2023, 7:06 pm

they should rename that school

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » May 3rd, 2023, 7:22 pm

Teachers need to think about their jobs and their pensions, pretend you ent see nothing and let the lil hoodlums play sword fight. Don't get involved

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » May 3rd, 2023, 8:00 pm

alfa wrote:Teachers need to think about their jobs and their pensions, pretend you ent see nothing and let the lil hoodlums play sword fight. Don't get involved

Yep, reminds me of the TTPS.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 3rd, 2023, 8:06 pm

That's exactly how most teachers in USA moving these days. They don't even intervene anymore when fighting starts in the classroom during a lesson. That's the police problem.

Until the inevitable pumped up kicks.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » May 4th, 2023, 8:40 am

Why ppl eh keep dey lil warrahoon home I'll never know.

But for real, srs question here.
Is secondary school attendance mandatory by law for ALL children? I know primary school is.
Reason I ask, is because I know there's been many instances of minors dropping out of secondary and enlisting in vocational institutions.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » May 4th, 2023, 8:52 am

Well that's the problem isn't it? If they had guardians who cared enough for the first sentence, then maybe these incidents wouldn't happen like how it is now.

Sex education is also dismally poor in our education system so inevitably it becomes children raising babies and there is no maturity, proper social behaviour or discipline ever instilled and the cycle continues into perpetuity when the boys finally find a tribe with the leadership they crave and need for their mental growth in a gang. Except the drug trade gives them everything amoral and anti-social. So much family order and culture lost.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » May 24th, 2023, 12:41 pm

some food for thought...author tries to understand problems faced in development

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » June 24th, 2023, 4:00 pm

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 5cd57.html

Girl stabs girl during fight at East school

THE Ministry of Education is now probing a stabbing incident at the El Dorado West Secondary School.

On Wednesday a fight involving several pupils broke out in one of the bathrooms, during which one of the girls, a Form Two pupil, was stabbed in the leg by another girl in Form Three.

The incident, police said, occurred during the lunch-break.

Police said that the assailant aged 13 used a black handle kitchen knife to stab the other girl, also aged 13.

a new meaning to the phrase after 12 is lunch

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » June 24th, 2023, 4:59 pm

Bullying response?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » June 29th, 2023, 6:25 pm

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » June 30th, 2023, 1:03 am

Clearly resisting and mammy bawling as usual.

Need to cut dey ass.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » June 30th, 2023, 6:01 am

Rovin wrote:https://www.facebook.com/reel/517935300462067

In my school days in Arima, police was bussing some hard slap in yuh mc....no long talk

That behavior in the video is the future allyuh wicked crew

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » June 30th, 2023, 9:42 am

i get hard bellas from police for playing tekken in arcade in uniform during school hours

collect yuh bellas and go to school...no long talk

when yuh wrong yuh wrong

take yuh punishment and go up the road

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » June 30th, 2023, 9:50 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:i get hard bellas from police for playing tekken in arcade in uniform during school hours

collect yuh bellas and go to school...no long talk

when yuh wrong yuh wrong

take yuh punishment and go up the road

Nowadays you could get a lawsuit for that

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 4th, 2023, 6:43 am

So let's place some bets...what time or which day of the week is the first fight

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”