TunerGod

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

Postby pugboy » March 15th, 2023, 7:01 pm

this thread just like gates falling and killing ppl

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 15th, 2023, 11:35 pm

paid_influencer wrote:how come is always some pitbull involved in these child killings. you does hardly hear pothound randomly killing out children and it have pothound on every road and trace.

is it that the ppl who want aggressive dogs select for these breeds. are these breeds a red flag for bad/inconsiderate/demon-minded owners

Saw,the dog in question on the news. Well fed animal, but very poorly kept. But going by appearances and what I can tell from what I know and see, if that dog has even 0.0001% pitbull DNA in it I'd be surprised.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » March 16th, 2023, 2:33 pm

88sins wrote:
paid_influencer wrote:how come is always some pitbull involved in these child killings. you does hardly hear pothound randomly killing out children and it have pothound on every road and trace.

is it that the ppl who want aggressive dogs select for these breeds. are these breeds a red flag for bad/inconsiderate/demon-minded owners

Saw,the dog in question on the news. Well fed animal, but very poorly kept. But going by appearances and what I can tell from what I know and see, if that dog has even 0.0001% pitbull DNA in it I'd be surprised.

Saw the pic on today's papers, dog looking like a high bred pot hound, the kind that is well fed and taken care of but definitely not a pit. Ignore the media and their dog whistle, no pun intended

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 16th, 2023, 3:31 pm

This dog looking more like an English Labrador mix, one of the friendliest and peaceful, sweetest breeds of work dogs out there. As usual there has to be much more to this story on the reported circumstances.

However the Guardian says "Deonath’s mixed breed dog (pitbull and pothound) which he calls Monster was tied in the yard while he was cleaning the yard."

Example of English Labrador:

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 16th, 2023, 3:41 pm

yeah bmt the chonkyness of his trunk looks labrador-ish

My padna have two labs and they are both chonksters. You could feed them a lean diet and they will still be chonkibois

Whereas a pothound will always have the vagrant cuts even if u feed them stick of Golden Ray every day (Dont do this pls)
And a pitbull will have the Musculature even if you feed them a vegan diet (Dont do this pls)

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 16th, 2023, 5:15 pm

aside from owning a pitbull-pothound cross named "MONSTER", the owner seems really reasonable.

points from the express article-
owner is accepting responsibility (vs others cases where the owner disappear or worse yet blaming the child)
owner says the dog breed is dangerous and is urging others not to have these dogs in houses with children
owner says he can't guarantee the dog won't attack another child, so he wants somebody to take the dog or the state to put it down

basically the opposite of 'wrong and strong'. big man thing.

child got 42 stitches. hopefully the owner's condition is also appreciated by other owners. big man thing

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » March 16th, 2023, 6:12 pm

So if this is a 'normal' dog then it lends to bigger questions as to if there are any specific 'dangerous dogs' per say of if any dog can be lethal given the right circumstances and therefore it's the onus of the owner to secure such dogs? After all a dog is still an animal no matter the breed. I have two pothounds who will rip up anyone who even pokes a finger through the fence so nobody comes in the yard unless they are tied.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 16th, 2023, 8:44 pm

The real question I have, is why were these children left in the care of someone who wasn't inclined to pay attention to them.

Small children that age, the amount of thing can happen to them. They could have just as,easily been kicking a ball and it go in the road and they run after it and get knocked down and dead. Who's fault would it be then? The ball? The car?

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 16th, 2023, 9:06 pm

people (even those with children) have this idea you could watch children 100% of the time. it doh work so. you are human. you will get distracted. you will get tired. and is in them moments that the worst does happen. yea you could 'watch' the child around dangers but you will just end up 'watching' something bad happen.

like the grandfather in this case, he 'watching' the child until he have to fight the dog to stop the dog from killing out the child.

better planning is for parents to just blacklist households that have these type of dogs. don't rely of 'watching'.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » March 18th, 2023, 6:26 pm

paid_influencer wrote:people (even those with children) have this idea you could watch children 100% of the time. it doh work so. you are human. you will get distracted. you will get tired. and is in them moments that the worst does happen. yea you could 'watch' the child around dangers but you will just end up 'watching' something bad happen.

like the grandfather in this case, he 'watching' the child until he have to fight the dog to stop the dog from killing out the child.

better planning is for parents to just blacklist households that have these type of dogs. don't rely of 'watching'.

I just curious, here, but what is your definition of "these types of dogs"? And what "types of dogs" you feel it safe to leave small children around unsupervised?

Imho, what we have is really management problem. Irresponsible owners, neglectful parents and care givers, and a serious lack of accountability and acceptance of responsibility for outcomes.

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » April 29th, 2023, 4:27 pm

https://www.tv6tnt.com/news/7pmnews/reg ... cee0c.html

The Dog Control Act was fully proclaimed eight years ago.

But, there's a sense of nothing is being done driven by lack of resources to enforce the act.

That's the view of a Joint Select Committee of Parliament, which slammed the Regional Corporations for a lack of action.

click for video

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » April 29th, 2023, 4:49 pm

If ya dog running out your yard to chase car, bite ppl who exercising....you should pay a 500k one time to a fund that can help ppl seriously hurt by Dangerous Dogs

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » April 29th, 2023, 5:06 pm

16 cycles wrote:If ya dog running out your yard to chase car, bite ppl who exercising....you should pay a 500k one time to a fund that can help ppl seriously hurt by Dangerous Dogs

Same could be applied for people found driving defective vehicles, or people with wayward adult offspring that have a penchant for criminal behavior.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 23rd, 2024, 12:49 am

Massive pitbull loose on the road by me. He just rip up and murder my neighbour dog. It have a leash so it escape from somewhere nearby.

Who to call to catch this animal tmrw?

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » January 23rd, 2024, 5:05 am

maj. tom wrote:Massive pitbull loose on the road by me. He just rip up and murder my neighbour dog. It have a leash so it escape from somewhere nearby.

Anyone with a licensed firearm

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » January 23rd, 2024, 7:51 am

pellet gun
sardine laced with lanate

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » January 23rd, 2024, 9:26 am

maj. tom wrote:Massive pitbull loose on the road by me. He just rip up and murder my neighbour dog. It have a leash so it escape from somewhere nearby.

If it's still on the loose it's a threat to human lives as well, police might be an option. Surprised no one noticed their dog on a leash missing

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » January 23rd, 2024, 1:02 pm

Pm me the location, I'll come get him.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » January 23rd, 2024, 1:26 pm

The dog disappeared around 1am after about 1/2 hr of resting from his bloodbath. He must have gone back home.
Didn't pick it up on the cameras again on any motion capture. Never had such an incident by me, never see this animal before.

The few other dogs in the street like they have PTSD and hiding cuz none of them even picking up on my front gate cameras today. It was like a home invasion with a murder for them on what is usually a quiet street in the night except for the stray cats fighting. If I see it again I'll call the police, but I doubt they have time to respond to this unless it's a human getting attacked. Called the Borough Corporation this morning and they don't have any more service to catch dogs.

88sins I'll give you a msg if I see this animal again. I really hope not. He had a long leash.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”