Forums

Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

Postby paid_influencer » November 16th, 2022, 5:52 pm

do developed countries have aggressive dogs walking around loose over the place? do we live in a shiethole island where children getting mauled/killed/maimed by dogs normal normal every couple months

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 16th, 2022, 6:24 pm

j.o.e wrote:
88sins wrote:
nemisis wrote:It have a neighbor a neighbor living on a back street that every morning and night as he passes the side of the house does he pelting the dog in the yard. His reasons is the dog does be barking at him when he passing the house. Tell me why I need to put up cameras at cost to myself to start to be able to get a handle on this stupidness

Your next investment needs to be a wrist-rocket and a big bag of marbles. Same treatment he giving your animal in your yard, he should be able to take in return.

As regards the article, I really sorry for the kid.
And I know some short-sighted idiots go say "kill all dem bad dog before they bite somebody". But the fact is that the owner is responsible, not all dogs everywhere.

I wonder if it's feasible to have the state set up an obedience training program, where you go and pay a small fee and go to the class and get instruction on training your pet. No bitework or agitation, just basic commands. And afterwards, you have to show the animal is actually properly obedience trained to get a certificate for the animal.
As it is now, paying for training from a professional experienced trainer is expensive, and that is one of the main reasons why most people DON'T bother with it, they don't see the point in paying 2500-3500 to train a dog

That’s not practical and a waste of resources. If you can’t afford training doesn’t mean you even interested in getting the training. We need responsible pet ownership across the board. From pothound all the way up.
Too much dog sheit all over and strays bursting garbage etc.
A roaming and not secured dog should be a dead dog. Dangerous or not

Good. Now, I hope you can accept that a similar fate should befall the people that love to set off extremely loud fireworks in residential areas at all ungodly hours of the night and cause several dogs to escape their homes in abject terror.
Also, humans killing humans in this place far more frequently than canines do. Yet I don't see very much of us making that as big a deal. Over the last decade, how many murders have there been in comparison to deaths by mauling. I think the ratio is a few hundred to one.

This kind of thing is a problem, but it benefits no one to go on emotionally charged rants. Emotions don't keep people safe, or prevent possible future incidents.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » November 16th, 2022, 6:33 pm

What about errant livestock from cows destroying people's crops to damaging vehicles after charging at them? And yes I've seen it happen in the oil field. We gonna ask to ban those to? Owners are the problem not animals

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 16th, 2022, 6:39 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:sins...that would apply to who?

general dog ownership?

or certain breeds of dogs?

All dogs in general.
Ppl don't realize, a dog DON'T have to be big or a particular breed or mixed breed to do damage. Seen a 40 pound terrier with an attitude have a grown 200 lb man bawlin "mahmeeeee" like a kid getting he tail cut, and I've also seen a mastiff that tucked tail when it get a stern look.

Want a dog? Make it law rhat your yard must be properly fenced, you must have a proper kennel, and the owner must be able to prove that it is obedience trained and under their control.
Fail any aspect, and if something happens whereby your animal damage someone you pay for it.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 16th, 2022, 6:53 pm

I have a feel good story. Neighbour at the end of the street always leaving their gate open and their 3 bullies and other dogs left roaming the streets. They use to target my pompeks. Sad to say last week one attacked me as I was coming out my vehicle and suffered a fatal dose of lead poisoning.

Safeguard your dogs from lead poisoning folks.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 17th, 2022, 4:56 am

Cops kill pit-bull to enter home, seize 1.4 kilos of ganja, arrest 1

Via the Guardian Newspaper

Police officers had to shoot a pit-bull to gain entry to the Valencia home of a T&TEC employee to execute a search warrant on Tuesday.

At the end of the exercise, they seized marijuana and paraphernalia used to process it.

Reports said around 5.20 pm, a party of officers led by Ag Insp Harper went to the home along the Eastern Main Road, Valencia, to search for firearms and ammunition.

When they arrived the gate to the house was locked. The officers reportedly called out to the 44-year-old man for about 10 minutes but got no response. However, they detected movement inside the house.

One officer climb over the gate and opened it for the other officers. However, the officers were charged at by a pit-bull. Several officers were able to take evasive action but WPC Ramsundar and PC Morgan were unable to manoeuvre themselves out of it way. As such, they drew their guns and shot the dog.

The scene was preserved by some of the officers while others engaged the lone occupant of the dwelling house. She was informed of the warrant to search the premises and it was executed in her presence.

During the search, 11 glass jars and four transparent plastic bags, each containing dried cannabis, was found in a bedroom. Also, two indoor grow houses equipped with foil insulation radiant barriers, UV lights, portable air conditioning units, fans, farming lights and an irrigation system, with a total of 17 cannabis plants, were allegedly found.

The lone occupant was arrested.
The dried cannabis reportedly weighed 1.42kg.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » November 17th, 2022, 7:14 am

Can cops jump a fence or break in to gain access to a property if they have a warrant? What if I have a lil trap for bandits and one of them fall prey to it just as if said dog had killed one of them am I legally responsible? Makes for interesting court proceedings

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 17th, 2022, 7:42 am

yuh wicked to kill the ppl pets
them was good dogs

rollingstock wrote:I have a feel good story. Neighbour at the end of the street always leaving their gate open and their 3 bullies and other dogs left roaming the streets. They use to target my pompeks. Sad to say last week one attacked me as I was coming out my vehicle and suffered a fatal dose of lead poisoning.

Safeguard your dogs from lead poisoning folks.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 17th, 2022, 8:04 am

*burns tires beethamly

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 17th, 2022, 10:03 am

alfa wrote:Can cops jump a fence or break in to gain access to a property if they have a warrant? What if I have a lil trap for bandits and one of them fall prey to it just as if said dog had killed one of them am I legally responsible? Makes for interesting court proceedings

The answer is yes they can.

And if you set a trap to cause injury to someone, that is premeditated as it's intention is to cause harm. You will be held liable.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 17th, 2022, 10:08 am

http://www.trinicenter.com/Terryj/2001/Mar/142001.htm

could not find the original news report nor the follow up on house owner being charged...

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » November 17th, 2022, 10:39 am

SuperiorMan wrote:Wait MaxPower is Guyanese?

Yes, Maxipad is an illegal guyanese.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 17th, 2022, 11:06 am

rollingstock wrote:
alfa wrote:Can cops jump a fence or break in to gain access to a property if they have a warrant? What if I have a lil trap for bandits and one of them fall prey to it just as if said dog had killed one of them am I legally responsible? Makes for interesting court proceedings

The answer is yes they can.

And if you set a trap to cause injury to someone, that is premeditated as it's intention is to cause harm. You will be held liable.
Can a doubles in front of an open second story window count as a cop trap?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » November 17th, 2022, 11:49 am

Not if it have roast pepper in it.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » November 17th, 2022, 11:51 am

88sins wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
88sins wrote:
nemisis wrote:It have a neighbor a neighbor living on a back street that every morning and night as he passes the side of the house does he pelting the dog in the yard. His reasons is the dog does be barking at him when he passing the house. Tell me why I need to put up cameras at cost to myself to start to be able to get a handle on this stupidness

Your next investment needs to be a wrist-rocket and a big bag of marbles. Same treatment he giving your animal in your yard, he should be able to take in return.

And I know some short-sighted idiots go say "kill all dem bad dog before they bite somebody". But the fact is that the owner is responsible, not all dogs everywhere.

I wonder if it's feasible to have the state set up an obedience training program, where you go and pay a small fee and go to the class and get instruction on training your pet. No bitework or agitation, just basic commands. And afterwards, you have to show the animal is actually properly obedience trained to get a certificate for the animal.
As it is now, paying for training from a professional experienced trainer is expensive, and that is one of the main reasons why most people DON'T bother with it, they don't see the point in paying 2500-3500 to train a dog

That’s not practical and a waste of resources. If you can’t afford training doesn’t mean you even interested in getting the training. We need responsible pet ownership across the board. From pothound all the way up.

Good. Now, I hope you can accept that a similar fate should befall the people that love to set off extremely loud fireworks in residential areas at all ungodly hours of the night and cause several dogs to escape their homes in abject terror.
Also, humans killing humans in this place far more frequently than canines do. Yet I don't see very much of us making that as big a deal. Over the last decade, how many murders have there been in comparison to deaths by mauling. I think the ratio is a few hundred to one.

This kind of thing is a problem, but it benefits no one to go on emotionally charged rants. Emotions don't keep people safe, or prevent possible future incidents.

Likewise I’m against private use of fireworks. My point is instead of focusing on dangerous dogs let us legislate for responsible pet ownership across the board.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » November 17th, 2022, 12:04 pm

j.o.e wrote:
88sins wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
88sins wrote:

Likewise I’m against private use of fireworks. My point is instead of focusing on dangerous dogs let us legislate for responsible pet ownership across the board.

I want to legislate for responsible parenting, to much idiots making children to become wards of the state or young 'entrepreneurs' by the traffic lights. As it stands we can't even do that we go regulate who owning dog

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 17th, 2022, 12:32 pm

alfa wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
88sins wrote:
j.o.e wrote:
88sins wrote:

I want to legislate for responsible parenting, to much idiots making children to become wards of the state or young 'entrepreneurs' by the traffic lights. As it stands we can't even do that we go regulate who owning dog
Those are the most entitled pot hounds in the country.Try telling the party crowd to stop sleeping around and breeding with random people nah.Nobody wants to hear that.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 17th, 2022, 1:08 pm

I all for nationwide involuntary chemical sterilization across the board. Start on the north and south ends, and work towards the middle, then branch out and do tobago.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » November 17th, 2022, 1:10 pm

if you want to enforce regulated dog ownership....then it come like you hadda get rid of ALL stray dogs and register all other dogs to owners.

because i sure everyone know of stray dogs in the area that does go by specific persons houses on evenings for meals. but they're strays at the end of the day, and the person feeding them really isnt responsible for them

it had a case in valsayn recently where some doctor dog kill a next dentist dog in their yard and it was a whole scene

will see if i can find it

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 17th, 2022, 1:16 pm

And allyuh want FUL?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 17th, 2022, 4:44 pm

[quote="Phone Surgeon"]
[b]if you want to enforce regulated dog ownership....then it come like you hadda get rid of ALL stray dogs and register all other dogs to owners.[/b]

because i sure everyone know of stray dogs in the area that does go by specific persons houses on evenings for meals. but they're strays at the end of the day, and the person feeding them really isnt responsible for them

it had a case in valsayn recently where some doctor dog kill a next dentist dog in their yard and it was a whole scene

will see if i can find it[/quote]

Not a terrible idea, but it have a problem with it, and that problem is the definition of what's a stray.

If a dog is startled and fearful and jumps a fence and runs a away, where he ends up people will call it a stray and the next thing is it dead if the owner can't find it in time.
If doing something like this, it must also be mandatory that all dogs be chipped with the owners information. And even that has potential for problems, if people sell or give away a dog and fail to transfer ownership, if that dog gets into an incident is the original owner they looking for if the current owner don't come forward. Original owner can direct the authorities to the current owner tho, so maybe it COULD work.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 17th, 2022, 6:00 pm

88sins wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:if you want to enforce regulated dog ownership....then it come like you hadda get rid of ALL stray dogs and register all other dogs to owners.

Not a terrible idea, but it have a problem with it, and that problem is the definition of what's a stray.

If a dog is startled and fearful and jumps a fence and runs a away, where he ends up people will call it a stray and the next thing is it dead if the owner can't find it in time.
If doing something like this, it must also be mandatory that all dogs be chipped with the owners information. And even that has potential for problems, if people sell or give away a dog and fail to transfer ownership, if that dog gets into an incident is the original owner they looking for if the current owner don't come forward. Original owner can direct the authorities to the current owner tho, so maybe it COULD work.
How about chipping chile faddas
While we busy studying dogs, humans who supposed to have sense out in the streets murdering people.We almost at 600 and nobody gives a fvck about it.Allyuh keep studying dogs.

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » November 17th, 2022, 6:57 pm

timelapse wrote:
88sins wrote:
Phone Surgeon wrote:if you want to enforce regulated dog ownership....then it come like you hadda get rid of ALL stray dogs and register all other dogs to owners.

How about chipping chile faddas
While we busy studying dogs, humans who supposed to have sense out in the streets murdering people.We almost at 600 and nobody gives a fvck about it.Allyuh keep studying dogs.

Some human females apparently like to take in strays to father they children to

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 18th, 2022, 7:52 pm

timelapse wrote:How about chipping chile faddas

Well bai, ppl priorities does get twiss up sometimes. Is a kinda "can't see the forest because of the trees" kinda warped logic sime ppl does use.

Imagine, humans killed at least two thousand humans in the last decade alone and nobody bats an eye. To the extent where everybody house is a jail because is steel bars on every window and door in every house, and you hadda pray you make it home when you leave your house to go to work or get something to eat or to attend a social event.

But in the same time span, about 30 ppl get mauled or killed by canids and it makes the news, and they ready to turn the world upside down and bawl for justice against these animals :roll:

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » November 18th, 2022, 8:09 pm

the stray dogs and cats in my neighborhood come to my house and lawn to relieve themselves of meals :evil:

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » November 18th, 2022, 11:20 pm

People need to understand dogs are sentient beings. Behavior is dependant on upbringing.

I have met big breed dogs that are known man killers and they were very playful.

Have people that starve them, lock them in 4x4 kennels taking weather, chain some to a pole, mistreat them and some never experienced care or affection. Then you wonder why an animal will behave a certain way. Wanna call BS? Spend 48 hours in any of the above scenarios and tell me how you feel. Then imagine a week, a month or a lifetime.

My heart goes out to some of these animals. I know two people that purchased big breed dogs and kept them chained to a pole. One said when he come out with his dog on the leash and it exhibiting menacing behavior till he can barely hold it back, people must know to scatter.

You could see the depression in these animals. People should be held accountable for thier animals and should pay the maximum penalty. Your dog kills someone then that's murder.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 19th, 2022, 6:08 am

Murder is defined as the act of one human intentionally and actively engaged in a course of action with the desired outcome of the intent to cause the end the life of another human. So a dog killing a human doesn't really qualify as murder.
But considering that someone is killed by an animal and that the animals aggressive behavior was caused by the direct actions or inaction of its owner, such instances can qualify as manslaughter, and that's a suitably serious charge.

I'd personally like to see a negligent owner face civil litigation, and be made to pay substantial compensation (a 500K is a nice start), and be ordered to not be allowed to keep any animal for a period of say 10 years.

Because IMHO, the people who would keep a dog without any amount of training, and in such a manner that it would become so aggressive that it would attack people unprovoked and the owner has no control over it other than to tie it up or lock it in a kennel for all its life, such people don't deserve to be allowed to keep even a pet cockroach.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » November 19th, 2022, 7:49 am

X3000 for nerve and 88.

But yet still, the dog suffers in the end.

I really wish animals had the rights the deserve.

I promise with all my heart that if there is one last plate of food on this planet, a human will not be getting it.

dogg
Riding on 17's

Postby dogg » March 15th, 2023, 9:26 am

The 2 yr old boy, his parents and his grandparents are to be blamed. The dog is innocent. Lock them all up. Send the 2yr old to remand yard! Give the dog a national award.

Newsday
Two year old Vishal Deonath was bitten on the neck by his grandfather;s pitbull mixed breed dog while visiting their Hylife trace South Oropouche home on Tuedsay

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » March 15th, 2023, 5:39 pm

how come is always some pitbull involved in these child killings. you does hardly hear pothound randomly killing out children and it have pothound on every road and trace.

is it that the ppl who want aggressive dogs select for these breeds. are these breeds a red flag for bad/inconsiderate/demon-minded owners

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”