Forums

Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Re: Dangerous Dogs Act - Trinidad and Tobago

Postby alfa » August 27th, 2022, 8:04 pm

timelapse wrote:People that want the dogs put down,do not understand animal behavior.The only reason that should be is if the animal is rabid or have some kind of condition that makes it aggressive.If you have a 'bad dog', that responsibility rests solely on the owner/handler of that animal.Caging up a large dog,or keeping them on chain all the time builds aggression in dogs.If you can't provide a large enough space for a dog, you should not have one.
Lets treat it this way.If somebody kills your child with a cutlass, do you blame the cutlass,or the owner of it that used it for bad purposes?

Correct. And calling for the dog to be put down but no repercussions on the owner is irresponsible as they can just get a next dog of the same temperament. Granted the victims wouldn't want to live next to the killer of their kid and that's why I say a shelter can take the dog. Calling for killing the dog is like calling for a car to be destroyed when a drunk driver kills someone

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 27th, 2022, 8:18 pm

alfa wrote:Calling for killing the dog is like calling for a car to be destroyed when a drunk driver kills someone

Yep and they charge the car with manslaughter.

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » August 27th, 2022, 8:26 pm

^most shelters put down animals because they don't have the space or budget to house and care for those animals indefinitely. Animal shelters put down animals all the time in a humane manner.

I see what Mero is saying. This isn't about the dog. This is about giving some level of solace to the victims. The victim is not just the girl, but her 8-year old brother who was initially attacked (and is still traumatized) and the family that watched the girl suffer a horrific death.

If you think that solace is not worthwhile, and animals all deserve to live free and long and healthy lives, maybe you should give up meat, join PETA, etc. I fine with putting down the animal humanely for the sake of the mental health of the surviving child and the family.

and definitely the owner needs to be changed with manslaughter.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 27th, 2022, 9:00 pm

The owner free to get another dangerous dog and allow it to happen it again with no consequence, that's all I seeing with this BS

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » August 27th, 2022, 9:08 pm

hover11 wrote:The owner free to get another dangerous dog and allow it to happen it again with no consequence, that's all I seeing with this BS

Correct.

I pray for the day that execution is the penalty for animal cruelty.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 27th, 2022, 11:41 pm

hover11 wrote:The owner free to get another dangerous dog and allow it to happen it again with no consequence, that's all I seeing with this BS

And THIS is the problem. Victim dead, dog dead, and that's the end of it. Nothing to even indicate to others that they can face legal consequences should their own animal do similarly.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 28th, 2022, 12:24 am

A child is dead - yet again and again - because there was NO guided implementation or regulation of the Dangerous Dog Act and yet again the authorities have failed in their duty to the citizens of T&T.

Children and many people face the above horror everyday .

Just as the scrap iron industry was a menace to society - do the same with the " Breeding Dangerous Dogs " Industry .

Close down the breeding of dangerous dogs industry !

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » August 28th, 2022, 1:21 am

88sins wrote:

And THIS is the problem. Victim dead, dog dead, and that's the end of it. Nothing to even indicate to others that they can face legal consequences should their own animal do similarly.
Like I said before I sorry the kid had to die in such a vicious manner however she wouldn't be the last to go like that , yea we will stop for a while and say it was unfortunate then we would move on until the next time it happens, until we get serious about dogs and their owners' responsibility towards such, then those laws such as dangerous dogs act , are nothing but words on paper.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 28th, 2022, 6:42 am

IMHO, this issue stems at least in part from our high crime rate and many people seeing that they have a very real and present need to safeguard their property and people. Nobody gets a pomeranian as a guard dog. And no bandit eh fraid to enter a premises with a cowardly hungry looking 20 lb pot hound. I will readily admit, there are those who see these animals as a sort of status symbol and have them for that reason.

I suspect that there is a strong possibility that by fixing the crime issue, that will yield the positive result in less unsuitable people keeping such large and highly aggressive untrained animals.

Jmho

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 28th, 2022, 7:31 am

RedVEVO wrote:A child is dead - yet again and again - because there was NO guided implementation or regulation of the Dangerous Dog Act and yet again the authorities have failed in their duty to the citizens of T&T.

Just as the scrap iron industry was a menace to society - do the same with the " Breeding Dangerous Dogs " Industry .

Any dog can be a dangerous dog given the wrong conditions.
Do we ban all?
What if it was a large caiman that grabbed the child?Get rid of those as well?
If I know that theres a dog on a compound that isn't mine, my child was not going outside unsupervised by an adult.
The fact that the dog's owner couldn't handle it should tell you who is to blame for this whole tragedy.
While the dog killed the poor child, which is a very sad thing, neither the dog,nor the child are to be blamed, neither has enough sense to understand what they were doing.
The owner and whoever was supposed to be watching the child are to blame.This should not end here.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 28th, 2022, 7:38 am

Allyuh really can't think of another reason why a dog would aggressively seek out a 11 year old female?

People who have dogs and women in their households.

A reason the dog was more interested in the girl and not the boy?

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 28th, 2022, 8:04 am

Hormonal reasons ? I feel this one you just have to explain because I don’t think most people can tie in where you are coming from

antlind
Riding on 17's

Postby antlind » August 28th, 2022, 8:45 am

I believe a lot of the folks who own these types of dogs purposely choose these dogs because of the bad-boy image associated with them. Like we’ve seen, many of these owners are woefully unprepared to properly care, train and manage these animals. So I agree that ultimately the dog owner has to bear full responsibility for the actions of the animal, and should be charged accordingly.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 28th, 2022, 9:03 am

timelapse wrote:
RedVEVO wrote:A child is dead - yet again and again - because there was NO guided implementation or regulation of the Dangerous Dog Act and yet again the authorities have failed in their duty to the citizens of T&T.

Any dog can be a dangerous dog given the wrong conditions.
Do we ban all?
What if it was a large caiman that grabbed the child?Get rid of those as well?
If I know that theres a dog on a compound that isn't mine, my child was not going outside unsupervised by an adult.
The fact that the dog's owner couldn't handle it should tell you who is to blame for this whole tragedy.
While the dog killed the poor child, which is a very sad thing, neither the dog,nor the child are to be blamed, neither has enough sense to understand what they were doing.
The owner and whoever was supposed to be watching the child are to blame.This should not end here.

My comment was NOT to ban ALL dogs .

There is a Dangerous Dog Act that is NOT being regulated or enforced . The authorities constantly fail the T&T society - if it's not water, electricity , crime and wicked women .

In agreement that the owner should be responsible for ANY atrosocities committed by HIS dog .

In agreement that ALL children should be protected from ALL bad influences including dogs, cats , mice, geese, diaper pedofile people from 88 regions in T&T and who who are ole and useless and then the useless Government of T&T .

** Mike dropped
** Walks away with pink underwear showing at top of my white bam bam
** Beautiful white 25 year old Venezuelan holds my waist and cups said bam bam

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 28th, 2022, 10:02 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Allyuh really can't think of another reason why a dog would aggressively seek out a 11 year old female?

People who have dogs and women in their households.

A reason the dog was more interested in the girl and not the boy?

I eh sure what direction you taking here, but from my personal xp living with the wife for over 23 years and still going, in addition to raising 2 daughters and a son in my household and always having multiple large dogs on the premises (6 rotties at one point, 4f and 2m currently keeping German shepherds 4f and 3m), I've never seen
any of them show any aggressive behavior towards any the females of the household.

Care to elaborate on what you mean?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 28th, 2022, 10:19 am

it could be past interactions
who knows, dogs like humans have same issues of their “blood not taking” to a person

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » August 28th, 2022, 10:42 am

He talking about this situation in the videos below. Basically the trainer explained that the dog has no training and is not snipped and ends up being the dominant one in the household as soon as the man leaves and abuses the girlfriend, literally attempting to sexually assault her and keep her submissive with biting. These dogs are very high intelligence, so never put it past them what their thought process is and what they can get up to if you don't control their behaviour through training. A dominant male dog smells female hormones and pheromones in the sweat and that triggers wild instinct in them.

Full Episode: https://youtu.be/MfqZwbNXOJ0?t=42

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 28th, 2022, 10:53 am

Sins your dogs sound like they being trained for seal team 6. You cant compare that to a untrained aggressive dog.

Now I eh saying that's the case here.

But allyuh saying the only reason that dog would escape and pursue the girl is because she probably use to harass it. Yet there is absolutely no evidence or report that she use to do that.

We all know how crazy male dogs does get when there's a female dog in heat.

Screenshot_20220828-104924_Chrome.jpg

paid_influencer

Postby paid_influencer » August 28th, 2022, 11:33 am

^the source is healthyhomemadedogtreats.com

what kinda dog treats tho

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » August 28th, 2022, 12:15 pm

I would just like to say f@ck that dog and good riddance to that treacherous hound .

RIP to the baby girl..sad af..

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » August 28th, 2022, 12:27 pm

paid_influencer wrote:^the source is healthyhomemadedogtreats.com

what kinda dog treats tho
Thats just the first option in Google.

There's alot of websites/sources.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 28th, 2022, 12:44 pm

what about the sliding gates that kill a few chirren every year ?
more than dogs, are they gonna ban sliding gates ?

alfa
Shifting into 6th

Postby alfa » August 28th, 2022, 12:46 pm

pugboy wrote:what about the sliding gates that kill a few chirren every year ?

They should ban unlicensed installers

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 28th, 2022, 1:10 pm

maj. tom wrote:He talking about this situation in the videos below. Basically the trainer explained that the dog has no training and is not snipped and ends up being the dominant one in the household as soon as the man leaves and abuses the girlfriend, literally attempting to sexually assault her and keep her submissive with biting. These dogs are very high intelligence, so never put it past them what their thought process is and what they can get up to if you don't control their behaviour through training. A dominant male dog smells female hormones and pheromones in the sweat and that triggers wild instinct in them.

That is not a female hormone thing, it's a dog not knowing his place in the pecking order and assuming that he's boss in command when master not around thing. That's what happens when said dog thinks that the boundaries he has to abide by with master don't apply to others.

The scent of human female hormones and pheromones are not an issue for intact male dogs, and doesn't trigger sec drive There's dogs of all breeds (both male and female) that will hump other dogs of the opposite sex, or the same sex, or the leg of anybody they meet, man or woman, or even objects such as furniture. It has nothing to sex and reproduction, but is a way of showing dominance over the one being humped.

That's why, in a family household, the animal needs to know it's the lowest rank on the totem pole and that everyone else in the family outranks it and can correct it. It will be treated well, but must obey all the other family members, and if it doesn't, there's consequences un the form of corrections.

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 28th, 2022, 1:26 pm

alfa wrote:
pugboy wrote:what about the sliding gates that kill a few chirren every year ?

They should ban unlicensed installers

Yes - Contractors should have licenses to operate as in the USA :D

ALL dangerous dogs on the list should be banned or destroyed .

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » August 28th, 2022, 2:51 pm

88sins wrote:
maj. tom wrote:He talking about this situation in the videos below. Basically the trainer explained that the dog has no training and is not snipped and ends up being the dominant one in the household as soon as the man leaves and abuses the girlfriend, literally attempting to sexually assault her and keep her submissive with biting. These dogs are very high intelligence, so never put it past them what their thought process is and what they can get up to if you don't control their behaviour through training. A dominant male dog smells female hormones and pheromones in the sweat and that triggers wild instinct in them.

That is not a female hormone thing, it's a dog not knowing his place in the pecking order and assuming that he's boss in command when master not around thing. That's what happens when said dog thinks that the boundaries he has to abide by with master don't apply to others.

The scent of human female hormones and pheromones are not an issue for intact male dogs, and doesn't trigger sec drive There's dogs of all breeds (both male and female) that will hump other dogs of the opposite sex, or the same sex, or the leg of anybody they meet, man or woman, or even objects such as furniture. It has nothing to sex and reproduction, but is a way of showing dominance over the one being humped.

That's why, in a family household, the animal needs to know it's the lowest rank on the totem pole and that everyone else in the family outranks it and can correct it. It will be treated well, but must obey all the other family members, and if it doesn't, there's consequences un the form of corrections.
Somebody that understands dog behavior.
Most people do not understand pack behavior,or that losing your cool makes you weak in the eyes of a dog.
Personally, I bite my big male on the ear the one time he tried to play man.Never stepped out of line again

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby RedVEVO » August 28th, 2022, 3:26 pm

^^

The discussion is leading to ALL dogs .
Just destroy ALL dangerous dogs .

Have trainers licensed and bonded to train dog .

Make dog meat a staple in T&T diets so that beef and chicken and wild meat prices drop .

We need to be locally sustained with good protein and after going house to house in search of
dog meat - the Gov't distributes it free .

And who vex - will so be it .
Stay vex but no child or grand mother or ANY human will ever die again !

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 29th, 2022, 4:34 am

RedVEVO wrote:^^

Make dog meat a staple in T&T diets so that beef and chicken and wild meat prices drop .

We need to be locally sustained with good protein and after going house to house in search of
dog meat - the Gov't distributes it free .

This ain't your beloved shitehole Venezuela where people eating rats and cats and dogs and pigeons.

j.o.e

Postby j.o.e » August 30th, 2022, 10:20 am

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/p ... msxhoh096q

Police officers are expected to approach a magistrate in relation to putting to sleep the dog which mauled 11-year-old Rachel Bhagwandeen to death last Thursday.

Yesterday afternoon, the Express was told by a senior police officer that the dog was still alive and that an application will have to be submitted to a magistrate to have the dog put down. The circumstances were expected to be explained for an order to be granted for the procedure to be done by a veterinarian.

The dog’s owner told police that the dog “Buddy” is an American Bully.

Under the Dog Control Act, the American Bully is classified as a Class A dog.

Section 19 of the Act states that, where a Class A dog injures or kills a person or animal or causes the death of a person or animal while on, or outside, private premises, the court may order the seizure and destruction of that dog,

In relation to whether charges will be laid against the owner of the dog, the senior officer said that statements were being gathered and, when completed, will be reviewed and advice sought from the police’s legal officers.

The Director of Public Prosecutions will then, possibly, be approached.

According to the Act, where a Class A dog kills a person or causes the death of a person, without reasonable cause, the owner or keeper of the dog is liable on summary conviction to a fine of $200,000 and to imprisonment for ten years.

Rachel Bhagwandeen was at the home of a relative watching television with her nine-year-old brother when the dog, belonging to her cousin, entered.

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » August 30th, 2022, 10:33 am

Just read this . Like that family is different. They even have other dogs so I don’t understand what would have been the hesitation to put this one down

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”