TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Legalising Abortion.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Do you think Abortion should be legalised?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 64

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Legalising Abortion.

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 18th, 2012, 8:41 am

Verna: Legalise abortion

By Mark Pouchet

Story Created: May 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM ECT

(Story Updated: May 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM ECT )

Minister of Gender, Youth and Child Development Verna St Rose Greaves said the issues of sexuality and teenage pregnancy/abortion were two of the major stumbling blocks in the advancement of a national gender policy

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Ver ... 19915.html

According to our esteemed Minister....what are your thoughts?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Legalising Abortion.

Postby S_2NR » May 18th, 2012, 8:49 am

Finally! Legalize it please.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Re: Legalising Abortion.

Postby jm3 » May 18th, 2012, 8:55 am

i think abortion should be legal,
but with counseling before hand,
there are people that are and would be unfit parents,
just the fact that they have decided or considered to go down this route shows that they are not ready to be parents.
maybe when they are in a better position later in there life they could try again.
there are too many single mothers out there with a whole set of kids unable to support there offspring so we as taxpayers have to.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 8:56 am

1) legalize it
2) let doctors chose if to carry out procedure or not
3) have non liability clauses signed by anyone performing the procedure
4) have it so the choice is solely dependent on the woman as its her body

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 9:00 am

jm3 wrote:i think abortion should be legal,
just the fact that they have decided or considered to go down this route shows that they are not ready to be parents.
maybe when they are in a better position later in there life they could try again.
there are too many single mothers out there with a whole set of kids unable to support there offspring so we as taxpayers have to.

I don't usually say this but stupid logic. If you position in life not comfortable then use protection. Unless you were raped then I can't agree with what you said. Any one seeking an abortion that wasn't raped and wasn't in a financial situation to support a family should have their tubes tied also as an addition to the abortion procedure. It's your choice but it shouldn't be a free pass to pass on responsible slut behavior.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 18th, 2012, 9:00 am

why the "i'm a man this does not affect me" option?
i have friends who's girlfriends aborted there child without there consent and to this day they still feel hurt.
Women commonly forget that although they are carrying the baby it is both parents that made it and should be both parents to raise it or in this case, decide that they cannot.

shotta 20
punchin NOS

Postby shotta 20 » May 18th, 2012, 9:01 am

Abotion = SIN
Gay marriage = More SIN

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » May 18th, 2012, 9:03 am

Trinidad Guardian, Friday May 18, 2012 wrote:Referendum needed on abortions—Fuad

Health Minister Dr Fuad Khan has said the question of whether abortions should be made legal in Trinidad and Tobago does not have a clear-cut answer, but the decision must be made in tandem with the entire society...

Like the call for the legalisation of Gay Marriage, I believe the abortion issue is also a good one for a referendum.

If Yes and No are the only two choices, I'd abstain because I don't believe it is as clear cut as that.

For example, in circumstances where the pregnancy is the result of a sexual offence such as rape, the victim should have the option to terminate.

But if the pregnancy is the result of your leading an irresponsible lifestyle, hard luck. Deal with the consequences of your actions.

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 18th, 2012, 9:10 am

jm3 wrote:why the "i'm a man this does not affect me" option?i have friends who's girlfriends aborted there child without there consent and to this day they still feel hurt.
Women commonly forget that although they are carrying the baby it is both parents that made it and should be both parents to raise it or in this case, decide that they cannot.

the temperament of some men.

Personally i'm not too sure about this. In cases of rape, adoption is an option but should a woman be put through the horrors and disgust of carrying a rapist's child?

I can't imagine how i would feel in a situation like that.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 9:10 am

jm3 wrote:why the "i'm a man this does not affect me" option?
i have friends who's girlfriends aborted there child without there consent and to this day they still feel hurt.

As a husband you have certain rights and your say should be counted but as a boyfriend you have to be kidding to believe you have any right to tell the girl no or worse yet that she needs to tell you what she is going to do to her body. Them fellas should take that as a message and book out them kinda girls that would go have abortion and tell u after can't be all there, they lose nothing by telling the fellas ist since at the end of the day it's their choice.

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 18th, 2012, 9:12 am

nemisis wrote:
jm3 wrote:i think abortion should be legal,

I don't usually say this but stupid logic. If you position in life not comfortable then use protection. Unless you were raped then I can't agree with what you said. Any one seeking an abortion that wasn't raped and wasn't in a financial situation to support a family should have their tubes tied also as an addition to the abortion procedure. It's your choice but it shouldn't be a free pass to pass on responsible slut behavior.

unfortunately some people do not live a perfect life and can make mistakes early on,
i am not condoning making as many mistakes as you want and using this as a fix,
but you must understand that there are times when it would not be right to bring a child into the world for some people.
Not everybody uses protection 100% of the time that is a fact,
in the perfect world where everybody thinks like a logical machine and logically thinks through every sexual encounter your idea would work but that is far from reality.
laws must be based on facts not fantasy's.

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » May 18th, 2012, 9:13 am

im all for this, legalize it. Let them throw away their babies, majority those pregnancies occur unplanned and under the influence so they saving us and our tax paying money anyway by wasting benefits furthermore the apple doh fall far from the tree, most of these children would be born into abused home if not aborted and we and our children would pay the price. So good riddance!

Bareback
Riding on 16's

Postby Bareback » May 18th, 2012, 9:13 am

shotta 20 wrote:Abotion = SIN
Gay marriage = More SIN

So if you legalize Butt Piracy then they can't get pregnant so you reduce one form of sin :)

1UZFE
punchin NOS

Postby 1UZFE » May 18th, 2012, 9:15 am

Gay marriage = More SIN

This...

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 9:15 am

mitsu_chick941 wrote:
jm3 wrote:why the "i'm a man this does not affect me" option?i have friends who's girlfriends aborted there child without there consent and to this day they still feel hurt.

the temperament of some men.

Personally i'm not too sure about this. In cases of rape, adoption is an option but should a woman be put through the horrors and disgust of carrying a rapist's child?

I can't imagine how i would feel in a situation like that.

The I'm a man it doesn't affect me is the correct mindset for men to adopt because it is always going to boil down to being that it is the woman's body and her choice to do with it as she pleases.

Why should men be held emotionally hostage or asked to give an opinion that doesn't matter" there are exceptions of course"

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 18th, 2012, 9:18 am

nemisis wrote:

As a husband you have certain rights and your say should be counted but as a boyfriend you have to be kidding to believe you have any right to tell the girl no or worse yet that she needs to tell you what she is going to do to her body. Them fellas should take that as a message and book out them kinda girls that would go have abortion and tell u after can't be all there, they lose nothing by telling the fellas ist since at the end of the day it's their choice.

That is also your child in there it takes 2 people to make a baby. In that situation i believe abortion is wrong what is wrong with a single father?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 18th, 2012, 9:19 am

Bad spelling should also be a sin.

What about people who do not follow your religious beliefs?

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 9:19 am

jm3 wrote:
nemisis wrote:

That is also your child in there it takes 2 people to make a baby. In that situation i believe abortion is wrong what is wrong with a single father?

Nothing wrong with a single father but unfortunately if the woman wants out how are you carrying the child to term?

Kish
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Kish » May 18th, 2012, 9:19 am

might as well legalize murder. what's the difference between killing a fetus and a grown individual?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » May 18th, 2012, 9:23 am

Geek-e-Zone wrote:might as well legalize murder. what's the difference between killing a fetus and a grown individual?
foetus.

I don't think they do abortions late on in a pregnancy

I am pro-choice and everyone is entitled to their opinion

What are your thoughts on embryonic stem cell research though?

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 18th, 2012, 9:24 am

nemisis wrote:
jm3 wrote:
nemisis wrote:

Nothing wrong with a single father but unfortunately if the woman wants out how are you carrying the child to term?

but you are saying you think it's ok for a woman just to up and decide to abort if she doesn't feel like having the child,
even though there is another person that is still showing they are capable of raising the child after it is born this should not be a legal time to abort we are dealing with legality here not morality.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 9:28 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
Geek-e-Zone wrote:might as well legalize murder. what's the difference between killing a fetus and a grown individual?
foetus.

To make it easier choose 1
A) a fetus is a person from the moment of egg sperm fusion
B) a fetus is only a person after a certain amount of cells have amassed ie more than 32 cells or more than 1o days of development.

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » May 18th, 2012, 9:32 am

its all a play on the words.

http://truthsite.org/WhyAbortionIsntMurder.html

this guy shares my opinion

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 9:36 am

Can't really separate the two legality and morality that is, as the only thing keeping this from being made legal is the morality of the situation.

I am not saying it is ok for the woman to terminate as she see fit regardless of someone else willing to take care of the child ( child could be given up for adoption even if there was no significant other willing to take the responsibility) ..how did I give you that idea? I said that it won't matter, if she decides to abort you cannot force the woman to carry the child to term.

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 18th, 2012, 9:37 am

http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature/literature_9438MS.asp

If what they are saying about Day 1 is true, its kind of tough to make a decision to destroy something like that.

Honestly, i have conflicting views about this. I am unsure if i am for or against.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » May 18th, 2012, 9:38 am

Here's to 10 pages spurious religious one-liners against contradicting secular humanist principles. :drinking:

jm3
12 pounds of Boost

Postby jm3 » May 18th, 2012, 9:43 am

nemisis wrote:Can't really separate the two legality and morality that is, as the only thing keeping this from being made legal is the morality of the situation.

I am not saying it is ok for the woman to terminate as she see fit regardless of someone else willing to take care of the child ( child could be given up for adoption even if there was no significant other willing to take the responsibility) ..how did I give you that idea? I said that it won't matter, if she decides to abort you cannot force the woman to carry the child to term.

removing the option of abortion in this circumstance would help,
abortion should be a last resort if legalised not a preferred choice this is where counseling would come into play.

mitsu_chick941
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby mitsu_chick941 » May 18th, 2012, 9:51 am

If legalised, it should be done only for women who are victims of crimes such as rape and incest. Ie. conditions in qualifing for getting an abortion IMO.

The rest of women who don't want to risk pregnancy should adhere to using protection 100% of the time.

nemisis
punchin NOS

Postby nemisis » May 18th, 2012, 9:53 am

jm3 wrote:
nemisis wrote:Can't really separate the two legality and morality that is, as the only thing keeping this from being made legal is the morality of the situation.

removing the option of abortion in this circumstance would help,
abortion should be a last resort if legalised not a preferred choice this is where counseling would come into play.

Now you are the one describing a perfect world scenario. If you remove the option like u describe for this circumstance most women would go back to the back alley methods that are being employed now.

Also how do you suggest this getting these women into counseling. Are these counsellers job to explain what it means to abort ? Most religions have provisions to prevent the need or have stated their stance on abortion, so if the person wasn't atheist what makes you think hearing these arguments these exhausted arguments again would have an effect now?

Kish
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Kish » May 18th, 2012, 9:53 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
foetus.

Well again it will depend on who does the abortion. Unless they specify how late in the pregnancy the abortion is legal, that can raise some issues.

I'm not too keen on the embryonic stem cell research as well.

I also agree that some children are born in an unsuitable environment. These parents don't plan these pregnancies, but after having a daughter of my own who was born with a cleft palate, it's made me value human life alot more.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”