Forums

Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Re: Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 24th, 2023, 11:12 pm

Also surprised at the amount of fake Apple Airpods selling locally.
Some have very similar features but you can tell a fake when compared to an original side by side with build-quality, weight, features and sound. If you don't have the original to compare side by side, it's really tough to tell if some of them are fake.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 25th, 2023, 5:52 am

Looks like the vibe flex, that's the closest match to it but you all have me questioning myself now because the pics online look different. Like WTF at fake earbuds

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 25th, 2023, 8:02 am

Lol there's fake everything.

Yesterday a woman come by me with a s22 ultra that she pay 4500 for brand new. From the time I watch the back of it I realize it's a clone.

It have fake Otterbox cases, headsets, earbuds, charging blocks and cables

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 25th, 2023, 10:38 am

i dont know much about ear buds & headphones but a friend of mine who into it also told me alot of fake products are on d local market & they copy alot of d packaging details too so unless u familiar with d item its hard to tell real from clones ...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 25th, 2023, 10:40 am

Ent it have knockoff car audio equipment too?

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 25th, 2023, 11:25 am

Nerve if dont want to spend to much for the sony wf-1000xm4

Another budget option is the
Klipsch kc5 II... Now i haven't tried those so cant say but just going with the online reviews seem to be better than the B&W

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 25th, 2023, 11:52 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Ent it have knockoff car audio equipment too?

yesterday on d phone a guy who said upfront he doesnt have a clue about car audio telling me oh how things rel cheap away how trinis like to dig out ppl eyes with prices & telling me it have knockoff car audio but when i asked for an example he said oh it have pioneer decks being made in d usa & mexico, afaik pio doesnt make decks in d usa nor mexico, had to explain to him pio makes different models for different regions, some that has less features for d price point of certain areas

in car audio there are cheap brands that make products that imitate & make stuff that looks like other well know brands but i never really come across any that say makes a knockoff kenwood, alpine, Jl, rockford etc using their exact regd brand names, those big companies doh make joke with dat

just like anything else anybody with some $ can go china & get build houses to make something close looking to something that already exist but its not exactly d same ...

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » March 25th, 2023, 11:58 am

Talking about outright fakes or counterfeits. U dunno it have them thing? Branded as originals and sold as originals

matix
Shifting into 6th

Postby matix » March 25th, 2023, 12:19 pm

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » March 25th, 2023, 2:43 pm

i have watched YT vids that come across my feed about popular consumer electronics & those big sportwear & very expensive fashion designer clone\knockoff clothing apparel, shoes\footwear,handbags, accessories etc ... its a big multi-million $ industry that even d big usa has alot of problems dealing with, so yes i am aware of it

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 25th, 2023, 4:46 pm

here's thing thing.. 'knockoff' is not a technical term. it has a lay meaning but not a technical one. for intellectual property rights there's trademark rights, patent rights and copyrights. 'knockoff' can mean any or none of those terms.

i would agree with him about latin-american versions being sometimes suspect. i was checking for a new tv in pricesmart and see they have a sony 'X75' television. googling showing me nothing from the regular television review sites because the us market have nothing like an 'X75.' they have x80, x90, x95, but no x75. it violating any intellectual property laws? no. it is "genuine sony", sure. is it a knock off version of what sony is selling in the us, i would say no but i could see why somebody would say yes.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 25th, 2023, 5:12 pm

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » March 25th, 2023, 5:34 pm

^thanks for the review. I was checking for TV's last month, and that review seems to have come out between now and when I was searching.

Compared To Other TVs

The Sony X75K is a very basic TV that delivers disappointing picture quality for a Sony TV and offers very few extra features. It's okay if you don't care about gaming and aren't in a dark room, but you can get TVs with more features for less from other brands, including the Hisense U6H or the TCL 5 Series/S555 2022 QLED.

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » March 25th, 2023, 7:52 pm

KD-55X75K-UC2

For Sony:

KD - TVs with the 4K Processor X1 for UHD picture.
55 - Screen size diagonal (inches).
X75 - Series model. I'm guessing higher is better. So X85 should be better. X also indicates it's a mid-range price and performance. A or Z means high-end models. E.g. Z9K are OLED 8K resolution.
K - means manufactured in 2022. J was 2021, H was 2020, etc. since 2013. Which would also indicate the Generation of X1 processor.

UC - means region. In this case US/CAN. 2 probably means means English Caribbean. Because Spanish Caribbean (Latin America) PriceSmart has LA1 in their region code.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 25th, 2023, 11:30 pm

gastly369 wrote:Nerve if dont want to spend to much for the sony wf-1000xm4

Another budget option is the
Klipsch kc5 II... Now i haven't tried those so cant say but just going with the online reviews seem to be better than the B&W
I actually have not looked at the specs yet.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 27th, 2023, 8:19 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:Ent it have knockoff car audio equipment too?

Not too sure bout car audio being outright fakes, but there are some amps that share circuit boards, just different quality or specced components for sure. (Not really a fake or clone)
And well speakers easier to make and fake.

Also the build quality of even big brands like soundstream close to being cheap clones yes :lol:

But for sure in pro audio. Lab Gruppen clones are a thing.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”