Forums

Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

Postby casper » July 18th, 2012, 9:22 am

heard some great things about Sennheiser WRT SQ...never experienced a Beats by Dre yet other than the in ear version which i personally dont rate up too much...i think that brand is just alot of market hype....i could be wrong...share ur experiences if u wish

as far as gaming goes i've tried turtle beach x12s, the official Sony wireless bluetooth stereo headset and the last ones i tried were the tritton ax720s....gettin astro a40s soon...from reviews online i kinda expecting alot...what u guys using and what are some other good brands out there?
Last edited by casper on July 31st, 2012, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

pyromaniax
Riding on 16's

Re: gaming / audiophile headset thread

Postby pyromaniax » July 18th, 2012, 2:01 pm

i used to use a cheap INK'ed Skull candy in ear buds, got some good bass and would sounded satisfactory for the price.

I recently got s Solo HD Dr.dre Beats on ear headphones, for the PRICE of the headphones there are better sounding out there but it has a nice stylish look to it and i get great sound and a heavy bass.

People always bash beats yes i know there are better headphones for cheaper prices out there but imo the beats sound great and am very happy from buying it.

i listened to a few sennheisers can't remember the model both sounded great, but still liked the heavy bass i got from the beats.

todd61
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby todd61 » July 18th, 2012, 2:48 pm

Gaming headsets i have used is

Logitech Wireless G930 (my current headset) very good sound for gaming in 7.1
Logitech G35 wired headset (owned it but broke it in a stupid way)
Logitech F540 wireless (used a friend own)

I want to try a astro a50 wireless headset heard it very good

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 18th, 2012, 3:42 pm

when exactly the A50's came out??? i ordered the A40s cuz they have more mileage from users and are already tried and tested for years....i looked at the A50s and apart from them lookin like they're even bigger than the A40s they also are more expensive...

the A40 2011 wireles edition is $225 US...the A50 is $300 US...the wired A40 is $250 US but its the exact same headset itself as the wireless version its just the mixamp which is different,....the mixamp on the wireless one is a 5.8ghz radio frequency so it doesnt affect ur regular wifi stuff around the house at all which by the way operates on 2.4ghz freq. this means no interference to ur wifi a40s.. i've read that the A50s use this same frequency as well

i am yet to hear on ear beats by dre...they look cool but i personally dont like the fat bulky design...it reminds me of tritton headsets alot...not bashing tritton cuz IMHO theysound amazing i just dont like their design and build quality compared to some other brands out there...too much hollow plastic for my liking...which the beats by dre also has as well

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 18th, 2012, 3:46 pm

what about sharkoon and razer??? also todd how did u break the g35s??? heard good things bout those as well...give a lil review on it nah

sharkman121
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby sharkman121 » July 18th, 2012, 3:50 pm

have the Official Sony wireless headset.. paid about $90US for it works good enough for me, i aint no audiophile so these little novelties please me.

ru$$ell
30 pounds of Boost

Postby ru$$ell » July 18th, 2012, 3:59 pm

gaming and audiophile should not be in the same sentence imo.

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » July 18th, 2012, 4:08 pm

I have beats studio, lady gaga heartbeats 1.0 and 2.0 - I like them, I only use the studios at home though and the heartbeats when I'm on the treadmill or something, when I'm out I just use my regular iPod in ear headphones which sounds like crap after listening to music on your studios at high volume before. I agree that there are better brands than beats though but I got the studios as a gift and I only own the heartbeats because I like lady gaga lol.

There's a guy that works at bmobile in west mall, when he's on his break he walks around the mall wth his big ass studios listening to music. :lol: I get a good laugh when I see him.
Last edited by Stephon. on July 18th, 2012, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 18th, 2012, 4:08 pm

^^^ru$$el d thread made for ppl to discuss all headsets whether it be gaming or audiophile....didnt want to make 2 seperate threads so i just made one thread to discuss the both

Stephon.
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Stephon. » July 18th, 2012, 4:11 pm

casper wrote:^^^ru$$el d thread made for ppl to discuss all headsets whether it be gaming or audiophile....didnt want to make 2 seperate threads so i just made one thread to discuss the both

Please don't cry he didn't mean anything by it. Oh Gorm russel yuh see what yuh do!!

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 18th, 2012, 4:23 pm

sharkman121 wrote:have the Official Sony wireless headset.. paid about $90US for it works good enough for me, i aint no audiophile so these little novelties please me.

boi sharky i had those sony headsets too and loved the simplicity of them....not as good sounding as the trittons but they were alot more comfortable and lighter and also i rel liked how all the controls u need are on the headset itself whereas the trittons have an inline control..

make sure u go on ur ps3 settings and go on sound setting and make sure dolby 5.1 it checked or else u wont be hearing any close to full potential from those headsets...only con WRT SQ from those Sony's were that the bass was lacking and also they never performed all that well for viewing media as they do with gaming...sound quality when watchin a movie with them doesnt sound as good as they sound for gaming

another reason why i sold them is cuz i wanted a single headset to use for PC, ps3 and xbox 360 rather than having to buy seperate headsets and that Sony cant be used with an xbox...never tried to use it with a PC so i honestly dont know if it works or not

todd61
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby todd61 » July 18th, 2012, 4:25 pm

casper wrote:also todd how did u break the g35s??? heard good things bout those as well...give a lil review on it nah

Well i had them for 2 years and one day i grab one side to lift it off my head to hard and broke of the ear cup,while fixing it i burst the wire out from inside the ear cup and there is no way to open it to fix back the wire, so i got the g930 which is the wireless version abouit 3 months ago.

the wireless a40's is not truly wireless it has a a wireless thing that hang of the headset to make it wireless

Watch this video (skip to 3:20 )

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 18th, 2012, 4:30 pm

Stephon. wrote:
casper wrote:^^^ru$$el d thread made for ppl to discuss all headsets whether it be gaming or audiophile....didnt want to make 2 seperate threads so i just made one thread to discuss the both

Please don't cry he didn't mean anything by it. Oh Gorm russel yuh see what yuh do!!

wtf u talkin bout??? all i tell d man is that i put the 2 categories into 1 thread so i wouldnt have to make 2 seperate threads... was just explaining why i used the thread title...whats ur problem??? :?

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 18th, 2012, 4:40 pm

todd61 wrote:
casper wrote:also todd how did u break the g35s??? heard good things bout those as well...give a lil review on it nah

Well i had them for 2 years and one day i grab one side to lift it off my head to hard and broke of the ear cup,while fixing it i burst the wire out from inside the ear cup and there is no way to open it to fix back the wire, so i got the g930 which is the wireless version abouit 3 months ago.

the wireless a40's is not truly wireless it has a a wireless thing that hang of the headset to make it wireless

Watch this video (skip to 3:20 )

yea i know its not a true wireless...the wire from the headset plugs into a kinda dongle module..thats why i like it

todd61
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby todd61 » July 18th, 2012, 4:41 pm

casper wrote:
sharkman121 wrote:never tried to use it with a PC so i honestly dont know if it works or not

They work on the pc a friend of mines has one that he uses on the pc to game with

fouljuice
Shifting into 6th

Postby fouljuice » July 18th, 2012, 5:38 pm

Can't remember if I posted this cool story in another thread :-?
Since I didn't have money to spend on an expensive pair of headphones, price, sound quality and bass were my main concerns. Headphone size (going in public) wasn't an issue for me since I planned to use it at home only and mostly for gaming, with a little music and movies. So based on reviews, I decided on the Sound Blaster Tactic3D Sigma.

It sounds like sheit if you use it with a normal (onboard) realtek audio device, but if you use it via the USB dongle and use the THX TruStudio features and Equalizer, it sounds MUCH better. (It also sounds like sheit if you use the USB dongle but leave the equalizer flat)

Don't know how well the console editions of it, work on consoles.
Don't know how it compares to other gaming headsets (Razor/Roccat/Corsair/Ttake/etc) or those other audiophile ones (Sennheiser/Ultrasone/AKG/Grado/etc) but I was satisfied with the features/price.
But as someone sort of mentioned, if you are an audiophile you would prefer getting separate headsets for music listening, and gaming.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 18th, 2012, 6:50 pm

fouljuice wrote:But as someone sort of mentioned, if you are an audiophile you would prefer getting separate headsets for music listening, and gaming.

True...

It's always good to have 2 different headsets or should I say...a headset for gaming and a headphones for listening to music and movies etc....they both designed for different things despite being similar in looks...

If I were to get a audiophile headphones for media purposes my brand of choice will be senheissers....don't know much bout the company but I read a lot of good reviews on their products though

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » July 18th, 2012, 7:27 pm

string an cup- best u just be deaf
skull candy = crap
beats by dr dre- all hype no substance.- utter crap
sony- good.
pioneer- good
AKG- audiophile
Sennheiser- audiophile

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » July 18th, 2012, 8:52 pm

AKG's and Audio Technica

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » July 18th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Sennheiser's FTW. Cheapish and it does wok good :lol:
and I'm with russell as well gaming and audiophile are two different classes.
also... beats... :sick:

where alpine jed?

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » July 18th, 2012, 10:45 pm

no offense to the apple guys but..

beats is the apple of headphones, its all marketing.

TK!
Riding on 18's

Postby TK! » July 19th, 2012, 12:40 am

i have a seinheiser. not the real expensive one. cost US100.
also have a stanton dj pro. was real cheap.. like US40. lots of bass, good noise isolation via material design (not electronic... cant afford that sh-t)
polk released a new one a couple weeks ago. havent heard em yet but if they're anything like the polk car and home speakers, i'd recommend them.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » July 19th, 2012, 8:58 am

AKG Mark II series....

with any earphone - be mindful of the playback volumes you're using - self induced deafness ain't no joke....

speedfreak99
3NE 2NR for life

Postby speedfreak99 » July 19th, 2012, 9:09 am

For gaming i use Triton Ax pro's. The sound quality isnt great, its ugly lol but its decoder and 4 drivers per cup produces surround sound pretty well. The design leaves much to be desired. However the Sharkoon Xtatic is basically the same headset i.e same decoder box; better headset design.

nareshseep
punchin NOS

Postby nareshseep » July 19th, 2012, 9:28 am

Hmm where Pioneer, ah know he tried alot of headphones, he can probably share some experiences.

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » July 19th, 2012, 11:30 am

TK! wrote:i have a seinheiser. not the real expensive one. cost US100.

which model exactly TK???

i hear the PC360 that they have sounds better than the astro A40s WRT to SQ....its a stiffer less comfortable headset than the A40's though but they look really well built still...and the sound quality is top notch

i know some gamers using trittons AX Pros and they say they sound really good...from what i reading online though is that the AX720's sound better even though it's not trittons highest model headset....

AX Pro uses 4 speakers per cup to create true 5.1 surround sound just as the sharkoon xtatic...whereas the AX720 uses 2 big speakers 1 per cup that simulates 5.1....its not true 5.1 though but it mimics it very well...advantage of the AX720s as well over the AX Pro is that it can play louder before distorting as the larger speaker's voice coil is bigger and power handling is more too...the 4 speakers per cup version AX Pro distorts quicker cuz of the smaller sized speakers

speedfreak...those sharkoons are sposed to really be d same as the tritton AX PRos for real...same kind of technology and basically same kind of decoder but i agree with you...the headset design is alot better on the xtatics

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » July 19th, 2012, 12:40 pm

I have a pair of Creative ep630 noise isolating earbuds and i swear by them. 4 years old and the sound is still great, absolutely no damage to the cord whatsoever because it's tough enough. they are clear, and deliver some nice full sound and awesome low basses.... mind you eh, when i plug them in a device, i can actually tell you if your audio hardware bad.... that's just how low impedance it is......

speedfreak99
3NE 2NR for life

Postby speedfreak99 » July 19th, 2012, 8:22 pm

You are right on the money there. IMHO they (ax pros/ xtatics) are only good for FPS (console gaming) where accurately pin pointing the location of sounds such as footsteps or silenced gun fire etc is crucial. It really adds an immersive feel to the gaming experience.

Non gaming i use JVC HA Rx 700 on meh lap top. Passive noise cancellation, the sound is a bit flat, you wont really enjoy crisp highs. mids are ok but hey its built like a tank!!!!

For those who may be interested in comparisons between a wide range of console gaming headsets check out this youtuber: justintime1976.

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » July 19th, 2012, 8:33 pm

S_2NR wrote:n
beats is the apple of headphones, its all marketing.

This.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » July 19th, 2012, 8:49 pm

i doh need to hear no man bawlin "ohhgouddouii" in HQ .. diz doing de job :|

*really wants the Tritton Primer wireless* :oops:

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”