Forums

Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

Postby Dizzy28 » August 12th, 2019, 9:41 am

Just collected and un boxing this. Not bad quality for the price.
20190812_093744.jpeg

casper
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby casper » September 13th, 2019, 2:50 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Just collected and un boxing this. Not bad quality for the price.
20190812_093744.jpeg
How is it holding up?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 13th, 2019, 4:34 pm

casper wrote:
Dizzy28 wrote:Just collected and un boxing this. Not bad quality for the price. 20190812_093744.jpeg
How is it holding up?

Pretty good.
Traveled with it and uses it as my daily.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 17th, 2019, 9:09 am

I have a new Monolith Liquid Spark Headphone Amplifier and Topping D30 DAC with gold plated RCA cables all brand new in the Amazon box factory sealed never opened.

If you guys are interested in everything for $1500 negotiable let me know, else I will return it to Amazon via TTPOST. I need a response in like 3 days if anyone is interested.

There is noway you can get it at a lower price because I am selling it at a loss, I prefer stick to my Asus Xonar Essence sound card instead, I honestly just wanted to hear what an external DAC and AMP sounded like on my HD58x Jubilee but my PC already has a very high end sound card so I don't think it will make much of a difference in all honesty. Changed my mind too late and Amazon said they couldn't cancel the order. You also get the Monolith Cable RCA free with it I never opened anything even the Amazon box is still sealed.

https://www.amazon.com/Topping-Decoder- ... CL3N1?th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Monolith-Liquid- ... 718&sr=8-1

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 17th, 2019, 12:10 pm

If you had these months ago, I might have taken the Monolith to go with my headphones..

I was interested in a different Topping model (think was A30), and/or also the Audioquest DragonFly Red.

I end up taking none, and just stick with my onboard audio after some reviews, because the onboard ( Sound Core 3D/recon3Di ) was doing better than a previous usb-dac, and on this board you can swap the OPA2134 for something else to suit your preference, instead of buying a whole new board/hardware.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/opa2134.pdf

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 17th, 2019, 12:15 pm

Blaze d Chalice wrote:If you had these months ago, I might have taken the Monolith to go with my headphones..

I was interested in a different Topping model (think was A30), and/or also the Audioquest DragonFly Red.

I end up taking none, and just stick with my onboard audio after some reviews, because the onboard ( Sound Core 3D/recon3Di ) was doing better than a previous usb-dac, and on this board you can swap the OPA2134 for something else to suit your preference, instead of buying a whole new board/hardware.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/opa2134.pdf

Interesting, I have not heard these 2 items but I dunno really do like my Asus sound card, grown attached to it over the years.

You think I should hold onto this setup for the time being? the new sound signature might grow on me? I have not heard it yet but from the reviews I have seen its rather Godly. Audiosciencereviews website did a review on the D30 and Liquid Spark Amp and it really crushed everything out there I think the only thing that scores slightly better than the Spark is the JDS Atom Amp but its plastic where as the spark is Aluminum.

Maybe I will keep it for the while and use it, if someone offers me the same price I could probably sell it. Cause I taking a big loss here, it has not even arrived in my hands yet the skybox said they supposed to bring it tomorrow for me. But it was a rather costly setup at nearly $2000 only to suddenly have buyers remorse and put it up for sale at a $500 loss.

Always wanted to have external DAC and AMP with physical volume knobs and stuff nah, made a hasty decision after doing lots of research.

I have a Sennheiser HD555 modded headphones (using HD598 mod) with big cushy custom memory foam ear pads, I thinking of selling that on tuner for a $400. Not sure if anyone would pay that tho.... but I have no use for it since my main cans are HD58x

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 17th, 2019, 7:39 pm

The A30 is the Amp version of the D30 that you getting.

The DragonFly is a Amp+DAC in one in a USB stick. It could also be used as a preamp for speakers.
Black was the low-end, Red was the high-end, but they release the Cobalt which is now supposed to be the high-end ($300US) but most reviews say no need to upgrade to cobalt if you already own the red.

But yeah if you getting it sell immediately, fix up.
If not, you could try them out in the meantime.

If you not liking the sound straight out of the box, you could play around with the settings/equaliser until you get what you want or as close to it.
Unless you plan on just using Flat equaliser right through.

I think the sound would grow on you, only if there is not something extremely outstanding things that you can't ignore.
Like if you is a bass man, and everything settings you try, not getting anywhere near that bass, or too much bass muddying up and masking all other frequencies.

My old 'gaming headset' sounded pretty ok first time using it. (because it was an improvement over the in-ear buds)
But when I use their software equaliser it sounded much better, to the point where years later when I reinstall windows and lost all the saved settings, I find it sound like total chit on Flat equaliser and was wondering how the firetruck I find that was sounding "ok"

Same with the Monolith M565. Plug it in the pc, it sound better than the previous 'gaming headset' out of the box, but still not very great. I was just glad to have a working headphones.
But when I play around in the SBX Pro Studio equaliser, I eventually find a good balance that was way better than the 'default.'

Now I fraid to even sample something like the Audeze LCD series because I might want to buy it.

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » November 25th, 2019, 12:32 pm

Guys good day , where can i get headphone case to buy besides amazon?

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » November 25th, 2019, 8:16 pm

trinibajan34 wrote:Guys good day , where can i get headphone case to buy besides amazon?
I think it's CET electronics or something? There's a place inside maritime mall there... If I get the right name ill update it for you, but they had

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » November 26th, 2019, 5:05 am

nick639v2 wrote:
trinibajan34 wrote:Guys good day , where can i get headphone case to buy besides amazon?
I think it's CET electronics or something? There's a place inside maritime mall there... If I get the right name ill update it for you, but they had
You got the name correct, I called them , they dont have .

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 26th, 2019, 11:14 am

Any reason you don't want to buy from Amazon?

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » November 26th, 2019, 11:27 am

Blaze d Chalice wrote:Any reason you don't want to buy from Amazon?

Wanted to try a local provider first before I purchase online , see if thier prices are competitive .

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 26th, 2019, 2:43 pm

lol @ competitive prices in Trinidad. Like yuh now land off the plane?

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 26th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Some cellphone stores buy a package with bout 10 phone case for US$10 total and pay around $20TT for shipping/tax (so total TT$100 for 10), and then selling all kinda TT$100-150 for just one.

Anyway, some headphone cases are made specifically for certain models.
Your headphone might fit in a generic case, but might still be able to move around and knock up more, than a case which was made just for your headphones.

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » November 27th, 2019, 1:20 pm

maj. tom wrote:lol @ competitive prices in Trinidad. Like yuh now land off the plane?

I could only hope for the best . yuh never know ,some supplier might surprise yuh.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » December 8th, 2019, 12:39 pm

If anyone is interested everything is $1200 and is pretty much still brand new even tho its a about a lil over a week old

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=749372&p=9987912#p9987912

Have a thread here you get both the liquid spark amp and topping d30 dac and the rca cables gold plated for $1200. This deal is a steal, you will pay a lil under double this price if you bought this and ship and clear it.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » January 10th, 2020, 1:16 pm

Anyone knows where u can get a set of Astro A40s new in box this weekend??? It's for a gift

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » January 10th, 2020, 2:38 pm

nick639v2 wrote:Anyone knows where u can get a set of Astro A40s new in box this weekend??? It's for a gift

doubt you'll get the a40's but roc boyz in chaguanas had some decent gaming headphones

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » January 14th, 2020, 5:55 pm

Yea the lil brat want the A40, I feel I'll just order it yes

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 4th, 2020, 9:47 am

Morning everybody, was looking for some recommendations for wireless earbuds to use with phone mostly. Just want proper quality sound, as I've experienced some really substandard products already.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 8th, 2020, 9:36 am

viedcht wrote:Morning everybody, was looking for some recommendations for wireless earbuds to use with phone mostly. Just want proper quality sound, as I've experienced some really substandard products already.

Soundcore liberty the one for like $79 or so check rtings.com it scores the best by far significantly better than air pods 2

viedcht
Riding on 18's

Postby viedcht » June 8th, 2020, 8:56 pm

Thanks ED, will check out
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
viedcht wrote:Morning everybody, was looking for some recommendations for wireless earbuds to use with phone mostly. Just want proper quality sound, as I've experienced some really substandard products already.

Soundcore liberty the one for like $79 or so check rtings.com it scores the best by far significantly better than air pods 2

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 9th, 2020, 3:18 am

viedcht wrote:Thanks ED, will check out
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-True-W ... B07PLGZ4CR

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 20th, 2020, 8:00 pm

Decided to pull back out my 'old' DAC/amp setup out of storage for The Last Of Us 2 on PS4...

SMSL M3 DAC
FiiO QOGIR E09K amp
HIFIMAN HE350 headphones

I feel a setup like this is almost a requirement for atmospheric games like this yes.
Your TV speakers will not do it justice.

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » June 21st, 2020, 12:11 am

Arcmanov wrote:Decided to pull back out my 'old' DAC/amp setup out of storage for The Last Of Us 2 on PS4...

SMSL M3 DAC
FiiO QOGIR E09K amp
HIFIMAN HE350 headphones

I feel a setup like this is almost a requirement for atmospheric games like this yes.
Bro this game has me all in the feels..

People with the ps headset, load the preset as well. Amazing

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » June 21st, 2020, 1:08 am

Arcmanov wrote:Decided to pull back out my 'old' DAC/amp setup out of storage for The Last Of Us 2 on PS4...

SMSL M3 DAC
FiiO QOGIR E09K amp
HIFIMAN HE350 headphones

Thats one sick setup right there!!!

I use the HD58X Jubilee "sounds identical to HD 660s for those who wondering", it's quite something so I could relate to what you mean.

I watching the last of us 2 on youtube the full play through, too bad all the leaks spoiled it for me but say what.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » June 22nd, 2020, 12:45 am

Yeah, it certainly does tbe job, but this is the real dream team right here...

Schiit MODI 3 DAC
Schiit MAGNI 3 amp
HIFIMAN HE-4XX (with NEOMUSICIA braided cable)
ModMic 4.0

Audiophile grade sound that won't break the bank.

Granted, it's nowhere near 'high-end' as far as audio setups go, but for PC gaming, it's little slice of audio heaven. ImageImage

rx7lover
Street 2NR

Postby rx7lover » July 4th, 2020, 8:04 pm

Anyone knows where I can have a pair of astro a50's repaired locally? Headset isn't connecting to base station properly so it's basically useless right now.

shiva_0001
Street 2NR

Postby shiva_0001 » August 9th, 2020, 11:14 am

anyone here into in ear monitors?
i am considering buying either the kz zs10 pro or the trn v90,
never used any though, have been using the earbuds from samsung for listening to music on laptop and I want to try something different, i have tried over the ear headphones and liked them but wanna have something on the go for listening to on my phone also.

Would i need a dac amp for better sound?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 9th, 2020, 12:18 pm

^ DAC and AMPS are a scam for the most part, well atleast these days and ever since the iphone 6 anyways. Built in DAC and Amps in most smartphones now especially iphones are top notch. There was a research done with a blind test and with motherboards running ALC 887 DAC which is basically a $2 DAC the top Audiophiles in the world couldn't tell the difference between the $2 DAC and a super expensive one all the way up to $2000 USD. But generally an external DAC will indeed sound better than DAC in cheap motherboard especially if its a really low grade motherboard but if the board is like say $100 US on Amazon then you eh need no DAC or AMP and if you use a smartphone again no DAC or AMP unless you running a 600 ohm headphone

As for IEM the best IEM to buy is this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NSL5XS5/re ... k_detail_0?

Etymotic Research has been making the best IEM on the planet and most reliable also since 1992.

Everything else is a waste of time especially them Chinese ones

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”