Forums

Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 9th, 2020, 12:37 pm

The most famous guy to have exposed this "audiophile" DAC Scam was someone who goes by the name of NwAvGuy which stands for North West Audio Video Guy he was an Electrical Engineer from the North West Pacific in the US. It is assumed some of the big Audio companies tracked him down and assassinated him in 2013.

He was active on the Head-fi forum a big scam forum full of snake oil salesmen and supported by massive multi billion dollar Audio companies the biggest brands there is. And he proved that the best DAC could have been made for as little as $80 USD and the human ear wouldn't be able to tell the difference, anything else is something known as confirmation Bias.

NwAvGuy invented the famous ODAC it was an Open Source design he made free for the world. It has since been improved upon further to the point where even Smartphone DAC sound the exact same as a million dollar DAC. Because of this, and him exposing Schiit poor shitty quality and how they were scamming people, Schiit was a big sponsor on Head Fi.

And so the phaggot Jude who owns Head Fi banned NwAvGuy and made up a bogus story.

If you want to spend your money for something that matters instead of snake oil, get a good IEM like the one I linked by Etymotic Research.

I currently own a Sennheiser HD 660S, HD 58x Jubilee and HD 6XX, I used to own a Denon AHD 5000 but sold it.

My next headphone shall be a Planar Magnetic Audeze LCD-2, it is a true End Game Headphone it goes for $1000 USD

The thing about headphones and how the human ear are all designed differently is it sounds different to everybody. Headphones are responsible for 99% of your sound quality. DAC and AMPs are a scam, once it reaches loud enough volume that is all that matters. There is no such thing as "power to properly drive frequencies" it's a scam.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » August 9th, 2020, 12:43 pm

To me the biggest benefit to owning a external DAC / AMP has nothing to do with sound quality but features.

You can't beat that beautiful Aluminum Box with big beautiful volume analog dial and those beautiful Russian made Tubes in that tube amp poking out, waiting for it to get warm and listen to that distorted music.

Yes tube amps for all their glory sounds "good" because it creates massive amounts of Total Harmonic Distortion the very thing Solid State was created to solve. It is the very reason electric guitars can "sing" this is what they call "warm" sound it is just Third Distortion

You need NOTHING for an IEM no Amp no Dac most phones work just perfectly, the science on Audio relative to the human ear was solved long ago, but marketing nonsense still exist. I love me some beautiful Tube Amp btw

Buy this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NSL5XS5/re ... k_detail_0

You need nothing else, Etymotic Research for the win anyday

philliprock
3NE 2NR for life

Postby philliprock » September 28th, 2020, 7:29 am

Anybody could tell me where i could get a ipod or mp3 player

death365
Riding on 18's

Postby death365 » September 29th, 2020, 8:36 am

http://www.rightent.com/html/ipo01.htm
a bit pricey

philliprock wrote:Anybody could tell me where i could get a ipod or mp3 player

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » September 29th, 2020, 9:28 am

philliprock wrote:Anybody could tell me where i could get a ipod or mp3 player

How do you plan to use it?
There may be much cheaper options than buying an iPod

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » September 29th, 2020, 12:22 pm

Not really audiophile or gaming centered, but I had some challenges for headphones for working out. specifically cardio and running. I tried tons of options, in ear, on ear, over ear - they all failed miserably. Except for one which I got free as a promo deal but could never find it retail.

The wired buds used to keep falling out, and I tried the wireless ones as well with no luck. Even with the multitude of rubber fittings, I guess my body weird or something. It's especially annoying because it breaks my concentration when working out.

Ended up biting the bullet and grabbed these off amazon (price was lower than now)
https://www.amazon.com/BackBeat-FIT-610 ... B07WHF7PT4

it's water and sweat resistant, has impressive battery life, decent noise cancelling and the only downside is the audio is a bit lower than I'd expect. There is a companion app to boost some EQ settings which helped, so it's all good. For me it stays well planted on my head which is what I really wanted.

Just in case anyone looking for a decent workout gear

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 29th, 2020, 12:42 pm

Vexx,

I use Shure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones ... they are discontinued- but they going strong since 2009

The buds are rubber and isolate the sound really well- and because theyre rubber seal with the ear canal when sweaty....
they come with a long cord that I run inside my T shirt -onto my arm or into my pocket .

They have never hooked up or fell out.

look for a similar set up...

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 29th, 2020, 1:26 pm

I use these and they stay on well. But then my level of physical activity ain't nothing compared to Vexx.

Speaking of which anyone knows if locally there are techs than can change the battery on these? May just get the Anker brand in this style. Saw Amazon drop it to $25 this week.
IMG_20200929_132253.jpeg

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 8th, 2020, 10:09 am

Apple introduces AirPods Max

apple_airpods-max_hero_12082020_big.jpg.large_2x.jpg

AirPods Max custom acoustic design features a 40-mm dynamic driver and a unique dual neodymium ring magnet motor.

apple_airpods-max_internals_12082020_big.jpg.large_2x.jpg

Adaptive EQ: AirPods Max use Adaptive EQ to adjust the sound to the fit and seal of the ear cushions by measuring the sound signal delivered to a user and adjusting the low and mid-frequencies in real time — bringing rich audio that captures every detail.

Active Noise Cancellation: AirPods Max deliver immersive sound through Active Noise Cancellation so users can focus on what they are listening to. Each ear cup features three outward-facing microphones to detect environmental noise, while one microphone inside the ear cup monitors the sound reaching the listener’s ear. Using computational audio, noise cancellation continuously adapts to the headphone fit and movement in real time.

Transparency Mode: With AirPods Max, users can switch to Transparency mode to simultaneously listen to music while hearing the environment around them — ensuring everything, including a user’s own voice, sounds natural while audio plays perfectly. Switching between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode can be done with a single press using the noise control button.

Spatial Audio: AirPods Max use spatial audio with dynamic head tracking to place sounds virtually anywhere in a space — delivering an immersive, theaterlike experience for content recorded in 5.1, 7.1, and Dolby Atmos. Using the gyroscope and accelerometer in AirPods Max and iPhone or iPad, spatial audio tracks the motion of a user’s head as well as the device, compares the motion data, then remaps the sound field so it stays anchored to the device, even as the user’s head moves.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/12/ ... ar-design/

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 15th, 2020, 10:03 pm

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » December 17th, 2020, 9:25 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

It could be good and all, but I can't spring 5k ttd+ for casual listening on headphones

2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Gaming Headsets & Audiophile Headphones Thread

Postby 2WNBoost » December 18th, 2020, 1:53 pm

Others have no issue spending $1500US

https://www.audiophileon.com/news/20-be ... headphones

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » January 30th, 2021, 9:07 am

Good morning Gents , hoping that anyone can render some assistance, where can i buy a pair of decent bluetooth headphones? Over ear does not have to be noise cancelling. Must be able to work both wired and wireless

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 13th, 2021, 11:29 am

Picked up this last week on sale on Amazon - Anker Soundcore Q20. Has ANC, can work wired or wirelessly and has 40 hours of use (60hours with the noise cancelling off).

The sound quality and build design is pretty good for a budget headphone.
IMG_20210913_112544.jpg

trinibajan34
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby trinibajan34 » September 14th, 2021, 1:00 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:Picked up this last week on sale on Amazon - Anker Soundcore Q20. Has ANC, can work wired or wirelessly and has 40 hours of use (60hours with the noise cancelling off).

The sound quality and build design is pretty good for a budget headphone. IMG_20210913_112544.jpg

I have that same headphones ,I'm using them as i type this, bought mine by Roc Boyz paid $650 for it. After having two bluedios t5 and 2 Aiwa headphones from detour tech , i bought the q20s.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » September 15th, 2021, 4:52 am

Picked up a Drop + Hifiman HE-X4 for $109 (regular price $129). Decided dip my toe into the Planar Magnetic category to see what's the difference from a dynamic driver.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 16th, 2021, 9:22 am

You using any kind of dac/amp?

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » September 21st, 2021, 6:07 am

Blaze d Chalice wrote:You using any kind of dac/amp?
Yep, Schiit Modi/Magni Heresy

aidan
30 pounds of Boost

Postby aidan » September 21st, 2021, 7:15 pm

Have one of these as well. Its pretty good for the price. I like that it is not over bassy like beats.
Dizzy28 wrote:Picked up this last week on sale on Amazon - Anker Soundcore Q20. Has ANC, can work wired or wirelessly and has 40 hours of use (60hours with the noise cancelling off).

The sound quality and build design is pretty good for a budget headphone.
IMG_20210913_112544.jpg

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » December 1st, 2021, 12:37 am

Crazy headphones setup

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » December 3rd, 2021, 12:11 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
viedcht wrote:Thanks ED, will check out
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
viedcht wrote:Morning everybody, was looking for some recommendations for wireless earbuds to use with phone mostly. Just want proper quality sound, as I've experienced some really substandard products already.

Soundcore liberty the one for like $79 or so check rtings.com it scores the best by far significantly better than air pods 2

https://www.amazon.com/Soundcore-True-W ... B07PLGZ4CR

If you're going wireless, and on a budget, you should consider these:
https://www.taotronics.com/products/tt- ... liberty-79

Don't own a pair, and they're no sennheisers, but I heard they're okay.

FrankChag
Riding on 16's

Postby FrankChag » December 3rd, 2021, 12:17 am

One of these days I'll sell one of my older vehicles to buy a pair of these Mezes
My heart flutters whenever I see them.

https://mezeaudio.com/collections/all/products/elite

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » January 17th, 2022, 5:36 pm

Anywhere locally sells replacement ear pads. Looking for a set for a Sony MDR-v6

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 19th, 2023, 11:19 am

I'm in the market for a set of bluetooth earbuds. Asking here because I don't really have experience with such.

I listen on a set of wired AKG or shok industry earbuds when I do my work. The AKG is pretty alright soundwise, if there is anything more defined im open to suggestions.

Saw there are some on amazon that has touch sensitive rears which allow for play / pause, forward and previous track. Must be discrete and not too large with deep bass and low distortion. I'd listen anything from 70's, 80's and 90's, classics, slows, alternative rock, hard rock, rap and dancehall.

If my HK reciever cant repair and i'm importing the tube amp I will snag these at the same time.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 19th, 2023, 11:36 am

nervewrecker wrote:I'm in the market for a set of bluetooth earbuds. Asking here because I don't really have experience with such.

I listen on a set of wired AKG or shok industry earbuds when I do my work. The AKG is pretty alright soundwise, if there is anything more defined im open to suggestions.

Saw there are some on amazon that has touch sensitive rears which allow for play / pause, forward and previous track. Must be discrete and not too large with deep bass and low distortion. I'd listen anything from 70's, 80's and 90's, classics, slows, alternative rock, hard rock, rap and dancehall.

If my HK reciever cant repair and i'm importing the tube amp I will snag these at the same time.
sony wf-1000xm4

Thank me later

I have sorta horde earbuds idk lol
My line have so far
Sony
Jbl
Bose
Samsung
Pioneer
And just ordered B&O
Tozo(basshead lovers) but sq crappy cheapest and Chinese ting but im shocked will hit a 23hz on max volume and no distortion... But it mid and high end is crap

But anyway sony wf-1000xm4 is monster performer

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » March 19th, 2023, 1:01 pm

Even the mx3 is a unit.. ..the mx4 supposed to be better still...after the mx4, jumping out lots of pesos for other top tier brands may offer miniscule differences...

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 19th, 2023, 11:04 pm

gastly369 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:I'm in the market for a set of bluetooth earbuds. Asking here because I don't really have experience with such.

sony wf-1000xm4

Thank me later

I have sorta horde earbuds idk lol
My line have so far
Sony
Jbl
Bose
Samsung
Pioneer
And just ordered B&O
Tozo(basshead lovers) but sq crappy cheapest and Chinese ting but im shocked will hit a 23hz on max volume and no distortion... But it mid and high end is crap

But anyway sony wf-1000xm4 is monster performer
I might have to pass a day and take a demo.

Need something to drown out the noise while I work. Music keeps me going so the better the sound, the less distracted I am.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 19th, 2023, 11:43 pm

Sayless

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 24th, 2023, 6:26 pm

I tried the jbl today, was not impressed at all.

It also could not fit in my ear.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » March 24th, 2023, 10:50 pm

nervewrecker wrote:I tried the jbl today, was not impressed at all.

It also could not fit in my ear.
Which model?

Lottssss of fake jbl audio products on market.. From box to logo everything

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”