WTF - Snake!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: WTF - Snake!

Postby nervewrecker » August 14th, 2019, 9:13 pm

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:
bluefete wrote:Thanks: 88sins; SMc; ADONI for the feedback and advice.

If you see a tigre make sure and run it down eh...cuz it will come back for you...serious thing...I can carry you to people and ud hear endless stories

if they have a path they intend to take, they intend to take that path no matter whats in the way. They will come back and pass right there after you move. Known to be quite vicious but not venomous.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 14th, 2019, 9:24 pm

nervewrecker wrote:

If you see a tigre make sure and run it down eh...cuz it will come back for you...serious thing...I can carry you to people and ud hear endless stories

if they have a path they intend to take, they intend to take that path no matter whats in the way. They will come back and pass right there after you move. Known to be quite vicious but not venomous.

So is kinda you prefer to deal with vicious or venomous....scratches head...id take meh chances with vicious (although its the aggressor)...

You know how the king cobra "stands up" to its opponent...a fully grown tigre is said to do this as well...again, I'm just quoting experiences of seasoned bush men

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » August 14th, 2019, 9:42 pm

nervewrecker wrote:

So is kinda you prefer to deal with vicious or venomous....scratches head...id take meh chances with vicious (although its the aggressor)...

You know how the king cobra "stands up" to its opponent...a fully grown tigre is said to do this as well
...again, I'm just quoting experiences of seasoned bush men

yup, but it's really just a defensive move to make them look bigger. tho they not venomous they are a real PITA with that aggression. tbh, they prefer to avoid people if they can, and if they can't they eh fraid to put yuh to the test.
they love a bamboo patch too bad boi.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » August 14th, 2019, 10:16 pm

88sins wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:

You know how the king cobra "stands up" to its opponent...a fully grown tigre is said to do this as well
...again, I'm just quoting experiences of seasoned bush men

yup, but it's really just a defensive move to make them look bigger. tho they not venomous they are a real PITA with that aggression. tbh, they prefer to avoid people if they can, and if they can't they eh fraid to put yuh to the test.
they love a bamboo patch too bad boi.

You sounding like you counting down the days to such an experience :lol: not fcking me nah...I have enough snake stories yes padna

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » August 15th, 2019, 5:35 am

Telling someone eyes sharp when they don't even know what they looking for or where to look isn't very helpful.
I am not a bushman and spotting snakes isn't easy. Might be easy for hunters and seasoned Bushmen... Not me but keep your eyes peeled as much as possible. More eyes are better.

Let me share what little I know, and others are free to correct me.

Unless you hunting or sneaking... Make noise. Them snake can sneak better than you. The hope is that they have time to move out your way.

As mentioned before, black disinfectant and ammonia should be helpful. Placing it on your boots should help. Not sure if "off" or citronella oil diluted with baby oil (cause it is too strong to put on your skin directly) can also help

Areas that have snakes tend to smell "fresh" sometimes(maybe it is a musk). Easier to smell if the area is damp.

Keep whatever track you moving through clear cause snake like to hide underneath leaf (balisier and sohari). Hunters don't bother cutting these but if anyone in your group does, make sure they move it off the path if you plan to pass back on it later) or be wary of it if it is already on your path look

Remember snakes hunting too, so they tend to like areas that have water and fruits that attract their prey.

As mentioned before tigre (black with yellow underside) bad mind. It will double back to see what disturbed it and caused it to move. It is pretty brisk and will "stand up" when encountered. I hear they bite like dog (never experienced it and don't want to)

Hope you get through unscathed.

Have encountered maybe 6 snakes in total; None spotted by me. They were pointed out to me after my guides ( hunter/Bushmen) spotted them.

One fell out of a tree in the mangrove
One was lying across a track (tigre)
One hid under a balisier leaf we cut 10 minutes before (macajuel)
One mapipire was killed by number 4 in my group after number 1-3 walked past it without seeing it. I was number 5.
Two others I just saw the tail as it was leaving the area

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » August 15th, 2019, 6:49 am

nervewrecker wrote:

You know how the king cobra "stands up" to its opponent...a fully grown tigre is said to do this as well...again, I'm just quoting experiences of seasoned bush men

I prefer to no come across any. :angel:

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » August 15th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Hahhaahaha, I just trying to scare you... Just be alert! These things are a master of camouflage. Moving with a lil walking stick, yuh know to clear your pathway in front. Make a lil noise, is not like we have tigers and lions in T&T to attach you!

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 22nd, 2019, 4:03 pm

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 22nd, 2019, 4:12 pm

Yuh beat meh to it...thing gone on the roof yes...I wonder if they leave it to go into that hole

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 22nd, 2019, 5:17 pm

i doubt they could reach to a position where they could stop it. so... they sleep with the snakes tonight. lol.

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » October 30th, 2019, 5:08 am

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » October 30th, 2019, 7:47 am

^
And that’s not all, we un­der­stand that while the snake was be­ing re­trieved, an­oth­er rep­tile, an igua­na walked up to the crowd to look at what was un­fold­ing.

if true, ROFL...

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » October 30th, 2019, 8:04 am

oh the zoo take it? well she go dead by next week.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » October 31st, 2019, 12:43 pm

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » October 31st, 2019, 1:23 pm

ROFL at the woman who said: "look how big!"

But where was the iguana?

SMc
punchin NOS

Postby SMc » October 31st, 2019, 3:31 pm

In a video post­ed on­line by Chan­dra Ram­soon­dar, scores of li­cens­ing work­ers gath­ered around a black Tus­con SUV out­side.

How many licencing occifers working at any one point in the office? 40+ seems like alot

VII
punchin NOS

Postby VII » October 31st, 2019, 4:12 pm

SMc wrote:
In a video post­ed on­line by Chan­dra Ram­soon­dar, scores of li­cens­ing work­ers gath­ered around a black Tus­con SUV out­side.

How many licencing occifers working at any one point in the office? 40+ seems like alot

Plenty non-officer clerical staff...but 'scores' seems plenty still..

judging but the standard of some local reporting it's likely the author doesn't know a 'score' means 20...probably meant 'rel rel people' and thought 'scores' would fit in,lol...there are certainly not 40 or more people behind the vehicle ,lucky wasnt a 'Honda Tucson' to boot..

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 31st, 2019, 4:36 pm

Don’t forget it’s also an osha safety issue for staff to be working with dangerous animal on premises
So they all woulda have to stop work

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » October 31st, 2019, 4:42 pm

Makes me wonder if that car was flooded in the storage yard.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » October 31st, 2019, 5:41 pm

rebound wrote:Makes me wonder if that car was flooded in the storage yard.

They are stored in an open field up in Morvant . You can see them if you pass Massy service and going towards Vegas. It's hilly and bushy but cannot flood.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » October 31st, 2019, 6:07 pm

bluefete wrote:ROFL at the woman who said: "look how big!"

But where was the iguana?

saw a pic of it on fb yesterday so it was true ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 15th, 2019, 6:38 pm

With flooding ongoing across Southwestern Trinidad, wildlife may also be trying to get to drier ground.

Please contact the Wildlife and Environmental Protection of Trinidad and Tobago - WEPTT at 341-9983 or the Emperor Valley Zoo at 622-5344 for safe removal!

This snake was spotted at Aquart Village, Penal Rock Road Friday afternoon.

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » December 8th, 2019, 9:44 pm

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » December 8th, 2019, 9:49 pm

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 9th, 2019, 5:13 am

anaconda^?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 9th, 2019, 5:58 am

vid with the idiot is anaconda
second is macajuel
you can see the tail coloration

anaconda has spot markings

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:anaconda^?

TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » December 9th, 2019, 6:26 am

pugboy wrote:vid with the idiot is anaconda
second is macajuel
you can see the tail coloration

anaconda has spot markings

shake d livin wake d dead wrote:anaconda^?

Man say close the window yes :lol:

ADONI
18 pounds of Boost

Postby ADONI » December 9th, 2019, 9:08 am

Like them snakes migrating from Venezuela too or???

rebound
Riding on 17's

Postby rebound » December 9th, 2019, 12:05 pm

ADONI wrote:Like them snakes migrating from Venezuela too or???

Hard times for ALL!!

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » January 8th, 2020, 8:51 am

Rare snake-eating snake rediscovered in Cumuto
Susan Mohammed Jan 7, 2020 Updated 18 hrs ago

The Black Cribo

The rare black Cribo snake, last spotted more than a decade ago, was found in Cumuto last week.

Also known as Massurana, and commonly known as the “Huntsman’s friend” since it is carnivorous and feeds on other snakes, it was found at the reptile rehabilitation compound of herpetologist Syed Ali on January 3.

Ali told Express on Monday that the snake was observed by his son, Taariq, 21, while maintenance work was carried out on the premises.

Ali said that the snake was captured for it to examined for research purposes, but it will be released back into the forest this month.

“This one is a female, about six and a half feet long. We suspected that it had had a meal and we will allow a few days for it to digest properly before we examine in further. It will be released afterwards because there is no point in keeping one snake in captivity. We will try to identify anything that it might have fed on”, Ali said.

He described it as a rear-fanged snake with a mild venom which it uses to paralyse or disable its prey, and squeezes it before it becomes a meal.

It feeds primarily on the dangerously venomous Mapepire Balsain, and for this reason it is known as a ‘friend’ to hunters, Ali explained.

“It does not attack hunters but it feeds on the venomous snakes of which hunters are afraid”, Ali said.

He said the snake may be rare possibly because of its specific diet, and destruction of its habitat when forested areas are cleared.

Over the last 27 years, there have been ten recorded sightings, according to an online article ‘The Online Guide to the Animals of Trinidad and Tobago’ written for the University of the West Indies by Ali’s wife, Nalini Rampersad.

The article stated that the black Cribo can be present throughout Trinidad, but not in Tobago.

The sightings were - one at Moora Trace, Matura, in 1988; Oil Field Road Goudron, Guayaguayare, 1992; two at Trinity Hills Guayaguayare, 2008; a pair at Brasso Seco Trace, Paria, 2013; one dead on road at Plum Road, Brigand Hill, 2013; one at Moruga North (seen by a hunter), 2014; one juvenile at Cumaca Forest, Platanal, 2015; one on Chacachacare Island, 1996; one with a clutch of eggs, the article stated.

The juveniles are usually bright orange/red with a black crown and off-white collar.

“The sightings of adults are rare and the juveniles even rarer”, the article stated.

https://trinidadexpress.com/newsextra/r ... 84c7d.html

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”