Forums

MAN OF STEEL = EPIC!!!!!!!!!

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

15devils
Trinituner Peong

Re: MAN OF STEEL = EPIC!!!!!!!!!

Postby 15devils » June 19th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Now saw it...was best superman movie so far...had some loop holes....action was crazy....ending was where i found was kinda shiddy...not the zod ending..the clark/daily planet ending.
But was epic.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using TriniTuner mobile app

AllTrac
TriniTuner Crew

Postby AllTrac » June 19th, 2013, 2:47 pm

nice, keep the reviews coming, just no spoilers please.

Gonna see it tom, cant wait.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » June 19th, 2013, 2:53 pm

:shock: attempted to book seats for someone the same day im gonna see the movie
Attachments
Capture.JPG

3stagevtec
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 3stagevtec » June 19th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Those front seats are wayy too close to that screen!!

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » June 19th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Just saw it as well. Michael Shannon (Zod) was brilliant; Cavill made a decent Superman; Adams as Lois Lane...meh...not a suitable choice IMO.

The effects were great but like several other recent films they were overdone at the expense of plot development. For example the chemistry between Lois and Clark...it was artificial at best.

What was also a little confusing was the approach to story telling. You start off with a chronological timeline, switch to flashbacks than then have certain characters in narrative mode? It made things seem rushed and unpolished.

There were several other flaws in the movie which people will pick up quite easily. But there's one explanation by Jor El in particular that didn't make any sense.

In the end, I'd say they tried to do too much in too little time.

As a movie it was entertaining, but it was over-hyped. I wouldn't shell out money to see this again.

hotrod2
Street 2NR

Postby hotrod2 » June 19th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Hey got 2 tickets for Man of Steel 9:15pm on Saturday 29th June for sale. Row C Seat 30 &31.
I got them but then on that date something came up and I would not be able to go. I tried to exchange the tickets for the 7:15pm show on the Sunday but IMAX telling me I can't do exchanges, utter nonsense if you ask me.
Let me know who interested. Located in the West.

Ricardo 686-5849

metalgear2095
12 pounds of Boost

Postby metalgear2095 » June 19th, 2013, 4:36 pm

hotrod2 wrote:Hey got 2 tickets for Man of Steel 9:15pm on Saturday 29th June for sale. Row C Seat 30 &31.
I got them but then on that date something came up and I would not be able to go. I tried to exchange the tickets for the 7:15pm show on the Sunday but IMAX telling me I can't do exchanges, utter nonsense if you ask me.

Ricardo 686-5849

Horrible seats. Good luck

hotrod2
Street 2NR

Postby hotrod2 » June 19th, 2013, 5:25 pm

metalgear2095 wrote:
hotrod2 wrote:Hey got 2 tickets for Man of Steel 9:15pm on Saturday 29th June for sale. Row C Seat 30 &31.

Ricardo 686-5849

Horrible seats. Good luck

What's so bad about those seats? its to the back and I've been in seats around that section already.

r3iXmann
punchin NOS

Postby r3iXmann » June 19th, 2013, 5:52 pm

Show was epic. Only found the earth generator scene to be a bit too long :/

greenlantern12
3NE 2NR for life

Postby greenlantern12 » June 19th, 2013, 5:53 pm

Dude for real those seats are awful

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 19th, 2013, 6:40 pm

Going to see it shortly. I real excited for it. Doe care what anybody say na, I going to enjoy this not to criticize it. That could come later on but for now all i wanna do is enjoy the movie.

civic minded
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby civic minded » June 19th, 2013, 7:19 pm

beginning was kinda boring but towards the end was good - find it was kinda overdone they keep moving scenes from the past and present throughout the movie, appreciated they try to explain the super powers superman had. Still think Batman was better. First superman movie i saw ,that no reference was made to superman one weakness - kyrptonite.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 19th, 2013, 7:33 pm

That was intentional tho. The lack of kryptonite part. Remember its an origin story. The re-telling of one at that. They must lay down the groundwork for future films. MoS 2 already has the green light before it even started showing worldwide.

15devils
Trinituner Peong

Postby 15devils » June 19th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Yea dats the thing...origin story,so zack had to things different from prev versions,maybe he'll tie up loose ends in mos 2 ...anyone saw the possible supergirl easter egg ?

homeboy
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby homeboy » June 19th, 2013, 9:02 pm

saw it today.....good action...

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 20th, 2013, 12:30 am

15devils wrote:Yea dats the thing...origin story,so zack had to things different from prev versions,maybe he'll tie up loose ends in mos 2 ...anyone saw the possible supergirl easter egg ?

Just saw it, now reached home :D :D :D

And yeah i noticed that same...thing....that wasnt there, inside the fortress (if we're on the same page) You saw all the Smallville references? :mrgreen: I wanna ask you if you saw some other things too, I dont think they're spoilers but i wont say anything.

Btw the movie was GREAT! I thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything had meaning to it and was explained. sheit just didnt happen and you were expected to already know about it somehow because its superman. The guy clearly has issues and is trying to do whats best by him, for both worlds even. This isnt some pretty pretty version of superman, this is the real deal.

And for who saying it had "too much action".....I say.....what the fuhhhh? And the beginning was by NO MEANS boring. What the fuhh again! It had good balance between the action and the other parts. And I love how they made him....just real, human. And someone heere said it too 2 hours to crack the first joke? You mad? There was lots to laugh at during it all lol. For example the scene with the "trucker guy walking out the diner".

Anyways....going back to see it again :D

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » June 20th, 2013, 1:47 am

i real enjoy watching that chick kryptonian fight yes. she real utilize her speed and strength. that whole movie was full with plot holes and that ending with clark kent - sigh. the movie was the best incarnation on the big screen though, really enjoyed the action. i didnt ketch up on any super girl references but i did read the prequel comic book. what was it?

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 20th, 2013, 2:04 am

Ok, seeing some plot holes and things i wasnt too pleased about, I would give into that. Some things kinda happened a bit too fast is what I would say. They really tried to pack in as much as they could in this time. I know I making excuses for it eh...but I still very much enjoyed the film. I really was surprised at the ending tho....and not in a good way. And by that I mean where he donned the glasses.

Anyway, the part in the fortress, when he was looking at the pods. One has skeletal remains, and the other, is open.........and empty.

Steueps, I asking anyway. Most ppl knew about it before going into the theater anyways.

Anyone noticed the LexCorp logos? And the Wayne Enterprises logo on the satellite? :D

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » June 20th, 2013, 6:28 am

Saw it yesterday. Movie was epic! A few flaws, yes, but that doesn't take away the epicness of the film. I was wondering how they would adapt his superpowers to the big screen, seeing as in a cartoon, anything is possible, but they did a great job.

The movie was just awesome. The Zod ending surprised me. Lois, cud have been a little more. But overall, he did a great job that cahil guy.

By the love of my skin, I sheit on your nose, so I runs down your chin.

15devils
Trinituner Peong

Postby 15devils » June 20th, 2013, 7:19 am

I think dey coulda work more on hiding his identity..i mean a spaceship lands on the kent farm...lois pulls up to his house inna police car and calls him clark....the fat man who he saved in the bus saw him and knows him,he tells the general in the end dat he grew up on smallville.yet he puts on a glasses in the end and everybody normal.

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 20th, 2013, 8:49 am

Yeah the glasses part irked me at the end because with this superman I wasnt expecting that part of the comic. The movie had notable flaws to me while watching, before ready any reviews at all. Surprisingly quite alot of ppl have some of the same gripes I did.

It never took anything away from the movie tho. For an origin story it was what was needed. Now MoS 2 should be able to rectify some of those previous flaws with better writing and more room to maneuver as the groundwork is laid out.

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » June 20th, 2013, 11:35 am

http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/6/18/ma ... eview.html

a review that sums it about just right i think

Zim
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Zim » June 20th, 2013, 12:26 pm

:shock: wow alyuh doh stick...waiting for d crowd to subside.wanna c it @ imax tho

dougla_boy
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby dougla_boy » June 20th, 2013, 12:33 pm

Zim wrote::shock: wow alyuh doh stick...waiting for d crowd to subside.wanna c it @ imax tho

saw it in 2D @ 3 pm yesterday at mt POS, wasnt much people....only after the movies started, then people came in

Zim
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Zim » June 20th, 2013, 1:45 pm

^Nice feel daz d flick yes hoss, daytime show :) Thanks

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » June 20th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Saw it last nite at MT Chag. I like this version of Superman, probably the first flick that gave a realistic view of what it would really be like to be him. I had a couple questions afterwards tho:

**SPOILER ALERT- Don't read if u haven't seen the movie*****

How come Zod didn’t get sucked into the black hole with the rest of the Krptonians? Wasn’t he in the same ship with the rest of them?

Why does he tell the priest “God can’t be trusted”?

Don’t understand the how come Zod’s consciousness is on the fortress if it was sent to earth 18,000 years ago. Is he that old? If it’s been here for 18,000 years then how does it know abt stuff on Krypton that happened 33 years ago?

15devils
Trinituner Peong

Postby 15devils » June 20th, 2013, 4:37 pm

Well the fortress wasnt featured in this movie...twas a ship dat landed 18000years ago...zod was in dat ship dat when supes used his eye laser and it crashed ...and they used the phantom drive thingy to repair their ship..so i guess however was in their ship when sheit hit the fan got sucked in...and supes didnt say god couldnt be trusted...i think i heard him telling the priest."you all cant be trusted" something to dat effect.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » June 20th, 2013, 4:58 pm

yeah he was saying how he not sure the people of earth could be trusted

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » June 20th, 2013, 5:14 pm

surprised allyuh not discussing that Superman killed someone.

I like how they did it though. Made him have no other choice but to kill him.

Read on IGN that Nolan was originally against Superman killing Zod and it was supposed to end with all of them being sucked into the phantom zone but he was impressed with what the writers came up with...

Soul Collector
12 pounds of Boost

Postby Soul Collector » June 20th, 2013, 6:31 pm

@ swisha ^

All these ppl saying "superman never kills" is plain stupid. he killed in the comics and he killed in the past movies - Superman II. It was blatantly worse in that movie too where loius basically punched out faora i think and killed her and they had a laugh at it after.

I really did not want zod to die. I loved how shannon portrayed him and the sort of identity and purpose he was given. To me it didnt seem too much of, superman killing him, it was more a suicide by zod. After he "soul" was stripped from him and he had no "purpose" or "people" to protect it was an all out fight to the death for him. That scream tho.....that superman let out after killing him..........just wow. The first script had them sending zod back to the phantom zone but they changed that cuz zack said the whole thing about superman "not killing" had to come from something, somewhere. So from that scream alone.....and what many ppl talking about, the collateral damage of the city, should be reason enough for him to not kill in future movies.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”