Forums

***The Official 2021 Formula 1 season thread***

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Re: ***The Official 2021 Formula 1 season thread***

Postby worksux101 » June 27th, 2021, 9:18 pm

LH around and about 15s behind today, while Bottas and Perez fairly evenly matched. Almost as if it doesn't matter who is the best driver when your car is faster than the competition's :lol:

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 28th, 2021, 9:39 pm

kamakazi wrote:That is easy... Only one of their drivers is fighting for the world title currently; with almost double the points of the other
worksux101 wrote:The question is always going to be - why ask bottas to try and not lewis?
The reason for the trial in the first place was Lewis' wheelspin out the box making him lose time and Max getting him in France.

Bottas always getting the short end of the stick. Can be easy being treated like that while consistenty being so near the top. I want to see if they will treat George Russel like that when the inevitably bring him on (I feel Toto might confirm him for 2022).... gotta admit... it was weird seeing Williams in the points for a second there. I would love to see what he can do in a merc.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 29th, 2021, 4:22 am

Thing is we have already seen what Russell can do in a Merc as he stepped in for a COVID-19 infected Hamilton
Slartibartfast wrote:
kamakazi wrote:That is easy... Only one of their drivers is fighting for the world title currently; with almost double the points of the other
worksux101 wrote:The question is always going to be - why ask bottas to try and not lewis?
The reason for the trial in the first place was Lewis' wheelspin out the box making him lose time and Max getting him in France.

Bottas always getting the short end of the stick. Can be easy being treated like that while consistenty being so near the top. I want to see if they will treat George Russel like that when the inevitably bring him on (I feel Toto might confirm him for 2022).... gotta admit... it was weird seeing Williams in the points for a second there. I would love to see what he can do in a merc.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 29th, 2021, 9:21 am

kamakazi wrote:Thing is we have already seen what Russell can do in a Merc as he stepped in for a COVID-19 infected Hamilton
Slartibartfast wrote:

1 data point does not indicate a trend. Look at how long it's taking Ricardo to settle in at McLaren. Also it seems like he has developed a bit since then.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 29th, 2021, 11:08 am

Agreed... but we already saw what is possible by putting him in the Merc with very little prep and incorrect gear.
Slartibartfast wrote:
kamakazi wrote:Thing is we have already seen what Russell can do in a Merc as he stepped in for a COVID-19 infected Hamilton
Slartibartfast wrote:

1 data point does not indicate a trend. Look at how long it's taking Ricardo to settle in at McLaren. Also it seems like he has developed a bit since then.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 29th, 2021, 2:16 pm

Whoops! I clearly misinterpreted what you originally wrote. My apologies. I would honestly be surprised if he isn't signed for next year.

kamakazi wrote:Agreed... but we already saw what is possible by putting him in the Merc with very little prep and incorrect gear.
Slartibartfast wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » June 29th, 2021, 2:30 pm

My thoughts on the Bottas pitlane incident exactly. just kept his foot in it.
2nd gear starts aren't something so out of the ordinary

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqjbTpYWE84[/youtube]

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 2nd, 2021, 2:12 am

Severely off topic...I just watched over the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy; interesting name you have
Slartibartfast wrote:Whoops! I clearly misinterpreted what you originally wrote. My apologies. I would honestly be surprised if he isn't signed for next year.

kamakazi wrote:Agreed... but we already saw what is possible by putting him in the Merc with very little prep and incorrect gear.
Slartibartfast wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 3rd, 2021, 11:17 am

Interesting starting grid for this repeat grand prix on softer tyres

Ver
Nor
Per
Ham
Bot

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » July 3rd, 2021, 12:17 pm

Norris on front row and Ric didn't even make it into Q3.

Wow

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 3rd, 2021, 2:13 pm

I said it wasn't important :D

kamakazi wrote:Severely off topic...I just watched over the hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy; interesting name you have
Slartibartfast wrote:Whoops! I clearly misinterpreted what you originally wrote. My apologies. I would honestly be surprised if he isn't signed for next year.

Slartibartfast wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 3rd, 2021, 2:21 pm

teems1 wrote:Norris on front row and Ric didn't even make it into Q3.

Wow
The consistency of his performance thsi season is equally impressive.

Ferrari didn't even make it in to Q3 but George Russell did? Let's hope a bad quali means a good race since the opposite has been true for Ferrari so far this season. Wouldn't mind seeing some more Leclerc overtakes.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » July 4th, 2021, 11:06 am

Slartibartfast wrote:

Wow

Ferrari didn't even make it in to Q3 but George Russell did? Let's hope a bad quali means a good race since the opposite has been true for Ferrari so far this season. Wouldn't mind seeing some more Leclerc overtakes.

Ric is my dotd though.

He did well to salvage his poor quali performance.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 4th, 2021, 1:25 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formu ... fying.html

Where are the trolls now? Where are the people who are going to say that Max winning all the time makes F1 boring?

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 4th, 2021, 3:23 pm

I got fed up hearing Lewis spout that nonsense about enjoying the battle at the front...he only enjoyed it if he won.

Lewis has won, what feels like 60% of all the races in the Hybrid era; and it was always pretty dominant

Max has now started...he will get boring given enough time and wins

Are the cracks in the Mercedes team starting to show?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » July 4th, 2021, 9:53 pm

kamakazi wrote:I got fed up hearing Lewis spout that nonsense about enjoying the battle at the front...he only enjoyed it if he won.

Lewis has won, what feels like 60% of all the races in the Hybrid era; and it was always pretty dominant

Max has now started...he will get boring given enough time and wins

Are the cracks in the Mercedes team starting to show?

Not sure about cracks, but crybabies Wolff and hammy certainly showing their sour grapes mentality.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 4th, 2021, 10:49 pm

teems1 wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:

Wow

Ric is my dotd though.

He did well to salvage his poor quali performance.

Norris getting dotd is like Leonardo Dicaprio getting his oscar... probably not the best performance at the time but definitely well deserved recognition for the work put in so far.

Ric fought hard (and suprisingly clean) coming down to the end but I wish I could have seen a bit more success for Leclerc.

But yeah... great performance by Ric.

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » July 4th, 2021, 11:52 pm

Lewis: Gets a 2 year contract extension....no need to podium.
Bottas: Why is no one talking about how I beat Lewis, and gave the team podium points?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » July 10th, 2021, 11:19 am

Those Leclercs though.....

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » July 15th, 2021, 2:53 pm

What's new in the 2022 F1 car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBmWJOy9vT4

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 16th, 2021, 7:32 pm

New quali format this weekend

gt4tified
punchin NOS

Postby gt4tified » July 18th, 2021, 2:31 am

What did you all think of the Sprint Qualifiers? I found that it started off interesting but got *boring (read: like a normal race day) about little more than half way through. After seeing it happen, I prefer to watch/follow regular Q1/2/3 action.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 18th, 2021, 2:38 am

It was an interesting diversion from the norm... Happy for more racing. Might be more exciting if they handed out points for the top 10.

But at the same time I don't think I would like it every race weekend.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » July 18th, 2021, 7:34 am

kamakazi wrote:It was an interesting diversion from the norm... Happy for more racing. Might be more exciting if they handed out points for the top 10.

But at the same time I don't think I would like it every race weekend.
That's a symptom of the current aero.

The following car loses like 40% downforce in the dirty air.

Hopefully next season's car remedies this.

kamakazi
punchin NOS

Postby kamakazi » July 18th, 2021, 10:17 am

And just that quickly a points gap can close

bgh
Trinituner Peong

Postby bgh » July 18th, 2021, 11:41 am

Status of Max car.

10 seconds penalty justified or racing incident?
FB_IMG_1626622789291.jpg

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » July 18th, 2021, 11:45 am

Much more than 10s deserved. Nowhere near the apex and clearly behind. Watch his trajectory - headed straight into max.
Hope Max is ok though...believe he's doing a CT scan at the moment.

bgh
Trinituner Peong

Postby bgh » July 18th, 2021, 11:55 am

I think Max expected lewis to back out again, but he didn't this time.
Might be a 60/40 incident.

teems1
punchin NOS

Postby teems1 » July 18th, 2021, 12:14 pm

It's weird seeing so many cars trying a move at Copse in the sprint race and today.

It's usually a follow only part of the track.

The 10 second penalty is way too light imo.

timothymcdavid
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby timothymcdavid » July 18th, 2021, 12:17 pm

Racing accident ... Max has had drivers back out in those kind of positions long ... well sure

Lewis wasnt quite along side ...

5 seconds into this video Max didnt own the corner.

Lewis has some fault in this accident but Max does as well racing incident pure and simple.

All of that said could Lewis had avoided this yes ... could Max have yes.

Did Lewis do this on purpose sure did and I am sure Max gets the message days of Lewis getting out of your way are done.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”