Forums

2NR Bodybuilding/Fitness/Diet/ Elite Physique Seekers

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: 2NR Bodybuilding/Fitness/Diet/ Elite Physique Seekers

Postby timelapse » June 4th, 2022, 4:25 pm

j.o.e wrote:Is there some kinda weird creatine shortage locally? Started back gym after about 3 years and realize I can’t find anywhere. Lead me to the source please bros.
Rabbit meat is a natural source

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » June 10th, 2022, 8:53 am

Anyone here knows anyone locally that builds leg press machines or a gym that's selling out or replacing equipment?

Looking for a leg press machine ( hack squat addition would be a plus )

Thanks.

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

2NR Bodybuilding/Fitness/Diet/ Elite Physique Seekers

Postby hindian » March 10th, 2023, 5:51 am

Morning fellas. What advice would you guys have for someone (me) who wants to start the gym but I have a torn left bicep? I am concerned to cause more damage to the muscle. This injury occurred in 2019 on a job site and is only painful doing certain movements. It didn’t completely detach but is very noticeable. Any advice will be welcomed
Last edited by hindian on March 10th, 2023, 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » March 10th, 2023, 6:30 am

Ouch that sounds like something you should get a professional opinion on.
Even forearm curls might be doing damage that you may not know about.

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » March 10th, 2023, 4:26 pm

hindian wrote:Morning fellas. What advice would you guys have for someone (me) who wants to start the gym but I have a torn left bicep? I am concerned to cause more damage to the muscle. This injury occurred in 2019 on a job site and is only painful doing certain movements. It didn’t completely detach but is very noticeable. Any advice will be welcomed

speak to a proper physiotherapist, and invest in a certified trainer
I've used Terrence Babwah for various injuries and am happy with his diagnoses and treatments

hindian
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby hindian » March 10th, 2023, 9:43 pm

MG Man wrote:
hindian wrote:Morning fellas. What advice would you guys have for someone (me) who wants to start the gym but I have a torn left bicep? I am concerned to cause more damage to the muscle. This injury occurred in 2019 on a job site and is only painful doing certain movements. It didn’t completely detach but is very noticeable. Any advice will be welcomed

speak to a proper physiotherapist, and invest in a certified trainer
I've used Terrence Babwah for various injuries and am happy with his diagnoses and treatments

Thank you. I’ll look into this seriously.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 10th, 2023, 10:27 pm

Yeh hindian, i hope the recovery goes well.

Listen, if you are considering a personal trainer let them know that their instructions are to stay with you for every single set and to put away the blasted cell phone.

When they ask….”how much more u have”……u say….well u tell me.

I have never seen a country with this much bogus “trainers”.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » March 15th, 2023, 9:02 am

ruffneck_12
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby ruffneck_12 » March 16th, 2023, 3:45 pm

yes but staying up till 1/2/3am juzzling alcohol and eating junk food on the way home isn't good for health. That's the trini definition of liming.

The trini way of liming is highly stressful even though it spikes dopamine short term and 'feels good'.
Just because it feels good doesn't mean it's not stressing your body....

It stresses the liver to detox alcohol, lack of sleep stresses your brain and body in general, junk food adds to this stress as well

All of this spikes cortisol which leads to weight gain. Article is copium.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » March 21st, 2023, 6:08 pm

ruffneck_12 wrote:yes but staying up till 1/2/3am juzzling alcohol and eating junk food on the way home isn't good for health. That's the trini definition of liming.

The trini way of liming is highly stressful even though it spikes dopamine short term and 'feels good'.
Just because it feels good doesn't mean it's not stressing your body....

It stresses the liver to detox alcohol, lack of sleep stresses your brain and body in general, junk food adds to this stress as well

All of this spikes cortisol which leads to weight gain. Article is copium.

Facts.

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » March 21st, 2023, 6:51 pm

The entire basis of the article is
Dr Bovell explained, “There is data, research, that shows that if you have three friends or more, you’re most likely to live longer and live a more fulfilling life that’s absent of depression or anxiety.

“If you have no friends, you have a much larger risk of heart attacks and dying from a heart attack, stroke and dying from a stroke. It is estimated that 25 per cent of Americans have no friends, so this social connectedness is something that is key.”

Yeah is true, but what a stretch to apply it to liming culture. Man just wanted an easy article written where his name gets mentioned. He probably trying to get verified on Instagram and Facebook and needed some mentions to link to.

devon4786
3NE 2NR for life

Postby devon4786 » October 22nd, 2023, 7:45 am

I started my bodybuilding journey back in 2021. Initially, I was relying heavily on YouTube for my daily exercise plans. While the routines seemed great, I wasn't seeing the muscle definition or mass gains I had hoped for. That's when I decided to get a personal trainer. They showed me how to train correctly for my body type and goals.

I'll admit, my genetics aren't the best when it comes to gaining muscle mass. So, on my trainer's recommendation, I started using creatine. The results were impressive, and I definitely felt a difference in my workouts.

Recently, alongside my optimized diet and exercise plan, I introduced the HGH 30000 Nanograms spray. It's been useful in enhancing my sleep quality and muscle mass gains. It's a natural homeopathic product that helped me to gain much more muscle and improved the body regeneration process. See this article for more info about these type of products: https://boosthormone.com/best-hgh-sprays/. Might help in optimizing the bodybuilding process.
Last edited by devon4786 on October 25th, 2023, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » October 22nd, 2023, 1:34 pm

Trins,

How allyuh belly going?

Visceral fat is not sexy

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 22nd, 2023, 10:56 pm

MaxPower wrote:Trins,

How allyuh belly going?

Visceral fat is not sexy

Losing the battle. Diet hasn’t changed much, workouts remained constant but I’ve gained back a bit of weight that I’ve lost. 40s Midlife metabolism meh.

I’ll have to reset because I hate the fact that I lost so much hard fought progress from my 30s

nick639v2
30 pounds of Boost

Postby nick639v2 » October 23rd, 2023, 7:25 pm

It ain’t looking too good, was at 180 5years ago.. I’m pushing 230 now at 31.

since Covid it was a downhill spiral yes. Had to put in a lot of work to keep my business afloat and since then is like a non stop grind to keep it going. 24/7 on call for emergencies so scheduling is just not possible.

Got married too so grinding even more to have the extra luxuries.

I envy the 9-5 now, even with the traffic having a somewhat fixed time frame, it was soo much easier to manage.

Tried starting back gym over the last 3 months but Is like I just supporting their light bill lol

ProtonPowder
Riding on 18's

Postby ProtonPowder » October 23rd, 2023, 8:29 pm

MaxPower wrote:Trins,

How allyuh belly going?

Visceral fat is not sexy

Started back gym in January. Regained a lot of muscle I lost over the years. Down 13 lbs but also down 5.5 inches from my waist, back to 36".

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » March 23rd, 2024, 8:57 pm

2nrs,

How's the fitness journey coming along?

I seem to have a routine down packed, but muscle growth and fat loss isn't going the way I'd have liked it to go after a year.

I know my diet and sleep can be better (gym closes at 9, aiming to get to sleep by 10:30ish and be awake by 5:30, so 7ish hours), so meal prepping equals consistent diet and no prepping food after gym which equals earlier sleep.

I'm aiming for about 190 to 200 g of protein daily...what are some of meal prep ideas you use, in a local context?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » March 25th, 2024, 3:15 pm

Going to start back soon. Going for weight loss first. Through intermittent fasting and calorie counting. Lost about 20lbs so far. Down to a 32 inch waist.

Not expecting any major muscle gain at my age.

Joshie23
Riding on 16's

Postby Joshie23 » Yesterday, 3:06 pm

rollingstock wrote:Going to start back soon. Going for weight loss first. Through intermittent fasting and calorie counting. Lost about 20lbs so far. Down to a 32 inch waist.

Good job bro!!...keep it up. 20 lbs is no easy feat!

Technically, you can lose fat and build muscle at the same time (body recomposition), but the absolute best programme is...the one you can follow. Once you're comfortable (relatively, because we know the sacrifices designed to make/keep us healthy, aren't necessarily going to be comfortable/cushy), you'll be more inclined to be consistent.

Not sure of your age, but after 30, T-levels start to drop...but, it's still possible to get yoked, I guess, with proper nutrition, training and sleep.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » Yesterday, 3:41 pm

Anybody can recommend a good gym in Tobago?

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » Yesterday, 10:49 pm

Joshie23 wrote:
rollingstock wrote:Going to start back soon. Going for weight loss first. Through intermittent fasting and calorie counting. Lost about 20lbs so far. Down to a 32 inch waist.

Good job bro!!...keep it up. 20 lbs is no easy feat!

Technically, you can lose fat and build muscle at the same time (body recomposition), but the absolute best programme is...the one you can follow. Once you're comfortable (relatively, because we know the sacrifices designed to make/keep us healthy, aren't necessarily going to be comfortable/cushy), you'll be more inclined to be consistent.

Not sure of your age, but after 30, T-levels start to drop...but, it's still possible to get yoked, I guess, with proper nutrition, training and sleep.

Mid 40's
And with my job eating properly is hard. And sleep is difficult with the work hours and shift work.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby redmanjp » Yesterday, 11:06 pm

Heard sone not so good stuff about intermittent fasting lately tho

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » Today, 7:16 am

Like what?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » Today, 9:17 am

if your body not able with that you can trigger acid reflux since your body clock expects food at certain times and acid may build up

happened to me, i used to do serious cycling in the morning 90mins
i tried fasting off whole morning and eating mid afternoon and caused serious reflux for me

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » Today, 9:45 am

Initially, but after a few days your body adapts and knows when to expect food with an intermittent fasting schedule and that acid reflux disappears. For the first few days you can take a 20mg Omeprazole.

Eating 3-4 times a day (and thus keeping your insulin high all day) was not normal for all of human history until the industrial revolution.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”