this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: 2NR Bodybuilding/Fitness/Diet/ Elite Physique Seekers

Postby De Dragon » October 19th, 2018, 11:24 pm

car wrote:
A172 wrote:started back gym last year Nov for the first time in 5 years

was 6' 185lbs weak af, started back with typical beginner lifts 35 plate a side benchpress etc.

bulked to 230lbs up to june this year where i began my cut
bench went up to 205, can shoulder press 75's, dumbell press 85's all for 6 - 9 clean reps, no spot as i never trained with anyone
decent lifts for your average gym goer i assume

currently down to 205lbs since cutting from june, lifts remained the same, went up slightly in some exercises

from nov last year to now i never used any kind of supplements, just eat whatever and count the calories based on bulk or cut. i do eat beef, pork, fish or chicken breast every single day tho but i doubt i get anything over 80g protein a day

back in 2012/13 i was on the supplement hype and lived on whey etc. and results were nothing like this in strength gains or retaining strength/muscle on a cut

just my experience, ymmv

Watch the African body builders that build their own gym on youtube. Barbell made of pipe, transmission gears and concrete. The bench is a solid pice of wood with no padding. All this under a tree in the open.
I’m sure that they don’t have any protein supplements yet they are huge and lean.
Most supplements are money making gimmicks.

I wish that I could merely eat clean and get in my protein and other macros, but it is not possible with my job and commitments. There are sure to be at least as many people who will vouch for supplements, as those who don't, like A172 did in his post. At the end of the day, your goals, strength, look etc. depend on what works best for you.

A172
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby A172 » October 19th, 2018, 11:32 pm

what kinda #'s u guys putting up on standing barbell shoulder press? i find it very difficult to move past 135lbs with strict form for 6 - 9 reps

not that clean & jerk thing, i mean actually lifting the bar off the squat rack & pressing it for reps

no e-stat plz

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 20th, 2018, 12:50 am

A172 wrote:what kinda #'s u guys putting up on standing barbell shoulder press? i find it very difficult to move past 135lbs with strict form for 6 - 9 reps

not that clean & jerk thing, i mean actually lifting the bar off the squat rack & pressing it for reps

no e-stat plz

125lbs from the floor for 8 clean reps currently. I could do more, but like you, I myself am just getting back into weight training after a long layoff and since facking up my shoulder, I'm very antsy when it comes to shoulder exercises.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 20th, 2018, 7:16 am

50lbs ohp and bnp for 20 reps. 30 seconds rest until I get down to 5. Despite the fact that you can safely press heavy weight overhead with good form, it's not something you want to do when training to failure and form is inherently deteriorating progressively. I just do overhead presses because they feel good, but shoulder flies are way more effective in actually building the mid and rear delts. Any kind of overhead press really works the front delts which usually gets overdeveloped.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 20th, 2018, 2:55 pm

most ppl cheat when doing barbel overhead press...their lower back is in a bad state of hyper-extension with heavy weight
they slightly swing the bar out to prevent hitting their chin/ face causing the final product to look like an inclined press

its even worse in seated dumbel shoulder press

1 month ago i was at 35lbs a side on barbel ( proper straight line overhead lifts) and 60/65 seated dumbel for 5-6 reps (my weight was 165lbs)....

GoS
Riding on 17's

Postby GoS » October 21st, 2018, 6:47 am

guys i have a xl Valeo lifting belt to sell, its practically brand new since i use it four times...reason being it can fit me no more payed $400, willing to let it go for $300 pm me if serious

GoS
Riding on 17's

Postby GoS » October 21st, 2018, 7:09 am

btw guys is losing close to 100 pounds in a space of 2-3 years is a good thing or that to long?

goalpost
punchin NOS

Postby goalpost » October 25th, 2018, 9:17 am

I lost 40 pounds in 2 months, which was probably unhealthy.
But 100 lbs in 3 years sounds reasonable.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 25th, 2018, 9:36 am

with weight loss the challenge is keeping it off, especially with rapid loss and unsustainable dietary changes.

I lost 75 over a couple years, but put back on 20. :/ Trying to get back to that sweet spot of 180

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » October 25th, 2018, 12:10 pm

214lbs in May, presently at 180lbs.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 25th, 2018, 6:36 pm

had that done a mth ago
not sure if I can ever lift heavyish again
20181017_085757.jpeg

Animal Pak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Animal Pak » October 25th, 2018, 8:23 pm

X_Factor wrote:had that done a mth ago
20181017_085757.jpeg

To be honest. You probably could but why take the chance.

Unless your life depends on your physique you really don’t have anything to prove.

meccalli
punchin NOS

Postby meccalli » October 25th, 2018, 9:58 pm

You don't need to lift heavy to prevent muscle wasting or even maintain as much mass as your natural endocrine system will sustain. Even pro bodybuilders like lee haney remained injury free throughout his entire career and still trains smart by putting tension on the muscle and not the joints. Pre-exhaustion and form, while adding intensity by cutting down rest periods or rest pause sets.
You can also progress on volume, weight will eventually plateau. Mechanical tension is simply one driving force of muscle growth via particular mechanisms, kaatsu or blood flow restriction works on the basis of metabolite accumulation and mitochondrial genesis. Even the literature now supports total volume as a key driver of hypertrophy provided one matches it to their recovery abilities and life stress levels to prevent over reaching and consequently stagnation. Persons on gear can take advantage of this relationship due to the fact that anabolic compounds primarily improve and enhance recovery ability. Tissue damage via mechanical tension is even shown to hinder progress to an extent if overdone due to the fact that resources would be spent more on repair rather than growth for the purposes of adapting to the stressor.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30153194
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20847704
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22344059

Too many persons get hung up on going all out for a short period of time and inherently fall off, coming back and leaving like a yo-yo whether it's from over reaching or injuries, never making any long term progress.
Bill Pearl said it best. The best program is one that you can consistently adhere to, all throughout your life. The day you stop working out is when you're in the grave.
If your training program isn't factoring long term sustainability, you're kidding yourself just like all those who fall off the bandwagon from injuries and disenchantment from unsustainable programs and let themselves go or waste away in their later years. If all you can do is one day a week for 2 hours, do that.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » October 26th, 2018, 7:30 am

X_Factor wrote:had that done a mth ago
20181017_085757.jpeg

Exceptionally well done, at least from the radiographs.

Also, what the person above me said is spot on.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » October 26th, 2018, 7:38 am

yeah whoever did that job could be a top class wood joiner or welder

I always wonder how they could align the bones properly when drilling to put in plates

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » October 26th, 2018, 8:16 am

this was the injury...a simple fall backward....around the 'oa' in the word you will see the fracture

dealing with a bad case of muscle atrophy in bicep/triceps since the cast came off...since the arm went from lifting weighs to nothing

IMG-20180923-WA0000.jpeg

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » October 26th, 2018, 8:48 am

Aligning etc is easy. I’m impressed with the symmetry of the plate and screws. Not seen work that neat in awhile. Who was your ortho?

If u need advice on recuperation and restoring your muscle mass feel free to PM me

GoS
Riding on 17's

Postby GoS » October 26th, 2018, 9:25 pm

GoS wrote:guys i have a xl Valeo lifting belt to sell, its practically brand new since i use it four times...reason being it can fit me no more payed $400, willing to let it go for $300 pm me if serious

anyone

GoS
Riding on 17's

Postby GoS » November 4th, 2018, 8:50 am

which part sell gym clothes and gear at a good price meaning belts, shoes, etc

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » November 4th, 2018, 9:20 am

anyone know how the guy from the gym in grand bazar died ? he looking real buff.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » November 5th, 2018, 2:52 pm

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 15th, 2018, 9:06 pm

sharkman121 wrote:
VexXx Dogg wrote:LF Pullup bar.
homemade or otherwise - any recommendations.
Project built@home will continue.

Space is an issue. Garage have the gym pack, spin bike, decline bench and assorted attachments hanging all over.
Won't mind a wallmounted one instead of the power tower type

made this for approx $300. Bought a length of pipe at the hardware and carried it by metalwork man

Was looking at this neat homemade pullup bar testimonial way back in this thread and ran into a problem when inspecting the room.

Would a hollow clay brick wall (no fill) be secure enough for an installation? Well I know that's not likely but I mean if you could safely spread the weight somehow?

I was thinking by having longer bracket mount plates, or even a full backing plate, provided the wall could take any stress remotely close to this in the first place.

I just really need to get this now to hang my bag as well, but very skeptical if the wall can take it.

You will get the idea from this sketch:
pullupbar.png

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 15th, 2018, 9:21 pm

zorced wrote:
sharkman121 wrote:

Space is an issue. Garage have the gym pack, spin bike, decline bench and assorted attachments hanging all over.

made this for approx $300. Bought a length of pipe at the hardware and carried it by metalwork man

Was looking at this neat homemade pullup bar testimonial way back in this thread and ran into a problem when inspecting the room.

Would a hollow clay brick wall (no fill) be secure enough for an installation? Well I know that's not likely but I mean if you could safely spread the weight somehow?

I was thinking by having longer bracket mount plates, or even a full backing plate, provided the wall could take any stress remotely close to this in the first place.

I just really need to get this now to hang my bag as well, but very skeptical if the wall can take it.

pullupbar.png

Use treaded rod through the wall with big washers and nuts on both sides. No need to modify the back plate.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 15th, 2018, 9:31 pm

car wrote:
zorced wrote:
sharkman121 wrote:

pullupbar.png

Use treaded rod through the wall with big washers and nuts on both sides. No need to modify the back plate.

Thanks man, sounds good so far.. Did you try something similar?
I realise its not a common scenario to support that kind of moving mass on a wall like that (thinking about the force of dropping from a final rep, or a roundhouse to the bag).

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » November 15th, 2018, 9:33 pm

Nice work on that pullup bar indeed. Was thinking of tracking one down, just don't know where I'd install it yet.

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » November 15th, 2018, 9:47 pm

zorced wrote:
car wrote:
zorced wrote:
sharkman121 wrote:

pullupbar.png

I realise its not a common scenario to support that kind of moving mass on a wall like that (thinking about the force of dropping from a final rep, or a roundhouse to the bag).

I usually install communication cabinets that are 250-350lbs when empty with the same wall issues. The threaded rod through the wall is usually the fix.

zorced
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby zorced » November 15th, 2018, 11:59 pm

car wrote:
zorced wrote:
car wrote:
zorced wrote:
sharkman121 wrote:

pullupbar.png

I usually install communication cabinets that are 250-350lbs when empty with the same wall issues. The threaded rod through the wall is usually the fix.

Much appreciated. I can only assume loaded is potentially multiples of that.

worksux101
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby worksux101 » November 16th, 2018, 5:42 pm

Nice job zorced. I’ve got one of the pre-made ones from amazon if anyone wants.
Bought two wall mount but ended up buying the big stand from Kenny’s.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » November 17th, 2018, 12:17 am

Rich: Gotta do the pullups cuz no one cares about lower arms right babe?
Sara: Yep.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » March 29th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Any tips of what to look for when buying fish oil capsules ? Bought various brands over the years ranging from $100-$320/bottle and recently got one for 130/bottle that has there ingredients . What's your advice, other than eat the actual fish.....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”