Forums

Cat Lover's Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Cat Lover's Thread

Postby Rovin » September 14th, 2021, 10:39 am

d thread name CAT LOVERS not CAT HATERS so allyuh gwan from in here ...

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 14th, 2021, 10:45 am

Rofl

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 14th, 2021, 11:02 am

*KRONIK* wrote:
sam1978 wrote:My Chinese friend asked me if I can get the kittys for him. He says they look absolutely delicious.
I will go in the next ched, get a FUL from them gunmen in there, come back here and crack yuh MC eh

How does that work? You slapping me with the FUL or you pushing it down my throat and choking me to death?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 14th, 2021, 11:05 am

Put in your orders nowwwwww

PM if interested
IMG-20210914-WA0063.jpg
IMG-20210914-WA0066.jpg
IMG-20210914-WA0065.jpg
IMG-20210914-WA0064.jpg
IMG-20210914-WA0059.jpg
IMG-20210914-WA0058.jpg

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 14th, 2021, 11:23 am

according to sam, your yard must be a shitbox
these 'animal lovers' are thefucking worst
Just like the ones who beatup when all the feral cats were poisoned in the caroni swamp a couple years back
If you care so much fking find yourass there and catch them and get them spayed and relocated

carluva wrote:No Sam. The same thing happens by me. Your yard can look great or bad, those feral cats will find a place to poop.

One or two in the neighborhood is ok, as they help to keep rats and vermin under control. But they multiply profusely and left unchecked, they create a problem.

We have several in our neighborhood. They tear up garbage bags, poop all over, spray their urine on walls, pots and chairs, walk on our roof all hours of the night. But yet neighbours feed them scraps, so they won't leave. Two neighbours have "domesticated" a pair and these made kittens which just roam all over.

They are a huge nuisance, worse than stray dogs and need to be controlled at all costs.
sam1978 wrote:
MG Man wrote:lol the powder available is deadly as fk....if you inhale the dust it will frig you up
re indiscriminate killers, if it's shytting in my yard, it dying in my yard....no other critters gonna get caught in the crossfire
I've ignored strays but this lil fuker is someone's pet...they feed it, take it to the vet, but they let it roam free, and it's decided my place is the best place to shyt and piss....it's not neutered so that behaviour won't stop, so it's not some poor tabby trying to feed a litter...keep in mind those sweet innocent strays breed and then you end up with a problem of feral cats
Do you spray roaches? They innocent too, y'know

Maybe The cyat shytting in your yard because you have it looking like a litter box.

trinigamer
Trinituner Peong

Postby trinigamer » September 17th, 2021, 2:42 pm

Got a kitten up for adoption, a few months old, it was abandoned, can't keep it as baby doesn't like it.

PM if interested. In the Sangre Grande area.
Attachments
20210909_160003.jpg
20210909_155651.jpg

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 17th, 2021, 4:48 pm

I'd like one, medium rare..Hold the onions

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 17th, 2021, 7:30 pm

extra crispy for me

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 17th, 2021, 7:53 pm

Aye. Stop trolling the ppl dem ched. We done get boof from Rovin.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » September 18th, 2021, 12:21 am

^^^ :lol:

brown kitteh cud be a nice pet for somebody ... 8-)

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 18th, 2021, 11:07 am

IMG-20210918-WA0088.jpg

Available
Female
1 month old

MG Man
2NRholic

Postby MG Man » September 19th, 2021, 5:35 pm

Kittens are adorable
That’s how they ensnare you, and then they turn into demon spawns of Satan

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 19th, 2021, 5:58 pm

MG Man wrote:Kittens are adorable
That’s how they ensnare you, and then they turn into demon spawns of Satan

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 26th, 2021, 4:09 pm

Male cat
Available

Pm if interested
IMG-20210926-WA0136.jpg
IMG-20210926-WA0137.jpg

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 22nd, 2021, 7:34 am

Cat lovers - serious question.

Two of my neighbours adopted a few strays over the year. These cats have multiplied and there now about 6 cats.

Folks living at the end of my street feed some more strays and of course, these are not leaving and they too multiply.

None of these "owners" seem to be neutering the animals so they just multiply.

Some of these cats come in my yard and use various spots as their litter box. They also strategically "spray" places around the yard which really smell.

They would tear up garbage, but each time I have bags out, I douse them with a vinegar solution to deter them from coming close to the bin. Seems the be working ftw.

Now before you say my yard is dirty and I need to clean up, this is not the case. It's quite the opposite.

How do I deter these cats from coming in the place and claiming it as their own to do as they please?

Are there any traps I can use to catch them and them give them up to a shelter?

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 22nd, 2021, 7:42 am

that is real pressure
only solution is trap them strays
but a shelter won’t take wild feral strays

you can make up a wooden trap box
or try one of them manicou metal cage trap

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 22nd, 2021, 7:54 am

Never used a manicou trap before.

Can you send some details on the wooden box?

What to use as bait?

If shelters won't take the cat(s), I'll release them is some desolate bushy area far away from houses. They'll survive there no doubt if they are wild.
pugboy wrote:that is real pressure

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 22nd, 2021, 8:12 am

i have a box trap i built somewhere
will look for it later and take a pic
basically a drop down door
with a stick inside which holds the door up and you put a sausage or something on the stick

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 22nd, 2021, 8:15 am

carluva wrote:Cat lovers - serious question.

Two of my neighbours adopted a few strays over the year. These cats have multiplied and there now about 6 cats.

Folks living at the end of my street feed some more strays and of course, these are not leaving and they too multiply.

None of these "owners" seem to be neutering the animals so they just multiply.

Some of these cats come in my yard and use various spots as their litter box. They also strategically "spray" places around the yard which really smell.

They would tear up garbage, but each time I have bags out, I douse them with a vinegar solution to deter them from coming close to the bin. Seems the be working ftw.

Now before you say my yard is dirty and I need to clean up, this is not the case. It's quite the opposite.

How do I deter these cats from coming in the place and claiming it as their own to do as they please?

Are there any traps I can use to catch them and them give them up to a shelter?
I was told there is a deterrant spray available at the agro-shops
If i get more info, i will let u know

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 22nd, 2021, 8:21 am

pugboy wrote:that is real pressure

TBH
In this case, as heartless as it may sound, those cats better off being put down.
If the cycle of procreation keeps happening, then it will get worse.
I opted to spay the 1 cat we decided to keep (was a stray) in an effort to do so.
The rest of cats in the zone, everyday i does think about bussin some lead in dey MC.
The stray toms are climbing on the vehicles and "marking" various spots.
I fed up now yes

And the things is, these cats are being dumped here. Cuz after the resident halocaust of 2020. There were no cats on our street for a good while.

But if you @carluva able to make peace with dispatching them
Do yuh thing yes

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 22nd, 2021, 8:22 am

pugboy wrote:i have a box trap i built somewhere
will look for it later and take a pic
basically a drop down door
with a stick inside which holds the door up and you put a sausage or something on the stick
I may need this borrow
I wanna remove them 2 toms by me.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 22nd, 2021, 9:00 am

@ Kronik

I have no issue in dealing with them using pellet gun but it's wifey who have issue with me doing that. I can understand that because I'm not sure how instant a pellet would be. I've dealt with about 5 manicous by me and one two occasions, two head shots were needed to drop and stop the bigger ones. A cat is much quicker and if I go the way of pellet gun, we're concerned that it won't be immediate and then it'll skate off and go suffer and pass away somewhere else and become a nuisance smell for that person.

I dont mind a domestic cat around the place. But my view is that pests need to be controlled and I'll do my part. For eg, cane toad (crapaud) are a HUGE pest and prolific breeder with no major predators. In my yard, they don't last. I have gone from having almost an infestation a few years ago to just a few here and there which are eliminated once they are spotted.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 22nd, 2021, 9:17 am

to use our teeny 177 pellet guns
you need a good head brain shot

any other body shot unlikely to kill unless you hit heart

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 23rd, 2021, 4:48 am

Now, I for one don't really like the idea of having to kill a domesticated animal because it has become a pest. But sadly, I know we have to resort to this kinda thing occasionally.

Feral cats are not able to be homed, and catching them to release them somewhere else is just delivering your problem to someone elsewhere. So really, your simplest solution is dispatching them.
The. 177 will do it just fine. Brain shot would be preferred, but body shots will work just as well, but you need to know where to place it. This is from my personal xp, having serious problems with dozens of stray cats over the years. Had to kill at least 30 of them, because they have no food or safe place to live, so they would move in upstairs my house, pissing everywhere, bludgeoning the wife's pet cats, and then try to sneak in downstairs if a door or window is left open.
All that, because a lonely old man used to bring them in as kittens, feed them for a couple weeks, then stop feeding them and let them go in d village.

For brain shot, place lead between eye and ear on the side, or just above the eyes slightly to one side from the front.
For body shots, you have 2 options. Heart/lung, or spinal. Higher probability of a successful kill goes to heart/lung, but if you want to recover the body, spinal shot from an elevated position will drop them on the spot.

Heart/lung shot, aim just behind the shoulder but shooting so the pellet travels forward through the chest cavity.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 23rd, 2021, 7:09 am

Not supporting animal cruelty, but the quickest painless way I found was agrinate powder in a can of sardines.Stray died within 20 minutes of eating it

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 23rd, 2021, 7:26 am

So even if I drop it off somewhere bushy/forested, it will still try to go to an urban area? Won't they survive in the bush?
88sins wrote:Now, I for one don't really like the idea of having to kill a domesticated animal because it has become a pest. But sadly, I know we have to resort to this kinda thing occasionally.

Feral cats are not able to be homed, and catching them to release them somewhere else is just delivering your problem to someone elsewhere. So really, your simplest solution is dispatching them.
The. 177 will do it just fine. Brain shot would be preferred, but body shots will work just as well, but you need to know where to place it. This is from my personal xp, having serious problems with dozens of stray cats over the years. Had to kill at least 30 of them, because they have no food or safe place to live, so they would move in upstairs my house, pissing everywhere, bludgeoning the wife's pet cats, and then try to sneak in downstairs if a door or window is left open.
All that, because a lonely old man used to bring them in as kittens, feed them for a couple weeks, then stop feeding them and let them go in d village.

For brain shot, place lead between eye and ear on the side, or just above the eyes slightly to one side from the front.
For body shots, you have 2 options. Heart/lung, or spinal. Higher probability of a successful kill goes to heart/lung, but if you want to recover the body, spinal shot from an elevated position will drop them on the spot.

Heart/lung shot, aim just behind the shoulder but shooting so the pellet travels forward through the chest cavity.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 23rd, 2021, 7:34 am

carluva wrote:So even if I drop it off somewhere bushy/forested, it will still try to go to an urban area? Won't they survive in the bush?
88sins wrote:Now, I for one don't really like the idea of having to kill a domesticated animal because it has become a pest. But sadly, I know we have to resort to this kinda thing occasionally.

Correct

They will always gravitate towards people because people=food

As i said before, its a cycle:
SEEK FOOD > SEEK SHELTER > PROCREATE

the chain has to be broken
And yes, it comes at a heavy cost to the mind and heart.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 23rd, 2021, 7:45 am

lanate is quickest poison out there
keel over in minutes

timelapse wrote:Not supporting animal cruelty, but the quickest painless way I found was agrinate powder in a can of sardines.Stray died within 20 minutes of eating it

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » November 23rd, 2021, 7:47 am

ppl started doing that by caroni bird sanctuary, all turned feral

if you go there now there are no end of cats by the car park, with countless in the swamp

they have adapted to the mangroves, plenty living in the and on the mangroves, climbing AND swimming in the water

carluva wrote:So even if I drop it off somewhere bushy/forested, it will still try to go to an urban area? Won't they survive in the
bush?

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 23rd, 2021, 7:51 am

pugboy wrote:ppl started doing that by caroni bird sanctuary, all turned feral

if you go there now there are no end of cats by the car park, with countless in the swamp

they have adapted to the mangroves, plenty living in the and on the mangroves, climbing AND swimming in the water

carluva wrote:So even if I drop it off somewhere bushy/forested, it will still try to go to an urban area? Won't they survive in the
bush?
Waw

I guess food easy there, so they adapt

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”