Forums

Cat Lover's Thread

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nismotrinidappa
I LUV THIS PLACE

Re: Cat Lover's Thread

Postby nismotrinidappa » November 25th, 2021, 8:16 pm

Nah it's in west trinidad. MG man like the east.

Rookielal
Riding on 13's

Postby Rookielal » November 29th, 2021, 11:50 pm

Please do not harm the animals...
God-Loves-Cat-Cat-And-Jesus-510x510.jpg
https://fridaystuff.com/product/god-loves-cat-cat-and-jesus/

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 11th, 2021, 9:48 am

Cat for adoption

Female
Spayed
Eats chow
Not litter trained tho

Generally well behaved otherwise.

Great yard cat

PM if interested

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 11th, 2021, 9:58 am

20211110_172058.jpg

20211201_111302.jpg

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 11th, 2021, 11:25 am

lovely 8-) ... in d plant tray FTW ..... :lol:

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 11th, 2021, 11:32 am

Rovin wrote:lovely 8-) ... in d plant tray FTW .....
Yea
She re/dis-place my shadow beni

It have an imprint of her in the soil now

ROFL

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 11th, 2021, 11:43 am

in d past i have cats who did that , its their own way of cooling down

1 of mine is similar to yours but white body, black,brown,gray patches on top head & complete tail

my 2 current cats when its been a hot day & i come home & put on d ac they get on d couch closer to d ac & take een d cool breeze jes like me, sometimes they coil up like a cockset ... they have rel sense

daring dragoon
12 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » December 11th, 2021, 7:57 pm

what you all feed the cats? i find cat food real expensive, both dry and wet tin food.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » December 12th, 2021, 6:52 am

Purina friskies

About 60 a bag

Lasts about 3 weeks

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 12th, 2021, 8:34 am

daring dragoon wrote:what you all feed the cats? i find cat food real expensive, both dry and wet tin food.

Purina cat chow, these here not too enthusiastic about Friskies.
Small bags are about $70, but you get better value buying the large bags that are about $210. You pay 3x as much but get almost 5x the food, and it lasts longer.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 12th, 2021, 1:28 pm

friskies is made by purina

everything going up including cat chow, but a bag for 2 cats lasts about 2 wks so it works out to around $4-5 a day

i mostly buy MEOW MIX around $50 bag but is like 2 mths now groceries around chaguanas dont have like if d distributor not getting

PURINA FRISKIES is good stuff but it gone pricey like $73-74 bag , have no choice but to buy it

there is a low grade looking brand around $50 TOWN & COUNTRY says made in use but packed local, my cats dont seem to like d taste

other brands like monello, iams & 3cats but more expensive than purina which imo is still d best ...

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » December 14th, 2021, 11:08 pm

So I need some advice. Firstly I want to admit that I am not a cat person, never really liked them, but I have a cat coming around quite often. It seems to be a stray.

Now I don't mind him hanging around because since he has been frequenting the lizards and one rat I saw have disappeared. The problem is that the cat jumps on the furniture and sleeps.

The question is, if i get one of those cat beds, would the cat use that and sleep in it? or will it just do its own thing. Also if I feed it would it get friendly like a dog?

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 14th, 2021, 11:46 pm

It all starts off like how you described. About 2 years ago the same thing happened, a stray cat started showing up. Of course we felt sorry and gave her food. And then that was it, she was always around and was very playful with us, she got very much attached to us.

The cat bed might not do much they typically just do whatever they want if they can.

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 15th, 2021, 12:30 am

Gladiator wrote:So I need some advice. Firstly I want to admit that I am not a cat person, never really liked them, but I have a cat coming around quite often. It seems to be a stray.

Now I don't mind him hanging around because since he has been frequenting the lizards and one rat I saw have disappeared. The problem is that the cat jumps on the furniture and sleeps.

The question is, if i get one of those cat beds, would the cat use that and sleep in it? or will it just do its own thing. Also if I feed it would it get friendly like a dog?

They like new stuff with new scents.

Sounds like yours likes high places like mine. A new cardboard box from the grocery usually makes the best bed. Or as new piece of cloth in a high space like on the washing machine.

They seem to like places that match their color too.

daring dragoon
12 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » December 15th, 2021, 6:32 am

Rovin wrote:friskies is made by purina

everything going up including cat chow, but a bag for 2 cats lasts about 2 wks so it works out to around $4-5 a day

i mostly buy MEOW MIX around $50 bag but is like 2 mths now groceries around chaguanas dont have like if d distributor not getting

PURINA FRISKIES is good stuff but it gone pricey like $73-74 bag , have no choice but to buy it

there is a low grade looking brand around $50 TOWN & COUNTRY says made in use but packed local, my cats dont seem to like d taste

other brands like monello, iams & 3cats but more expensive than purina which imo is still d best ...

when i had cats they didnt like the dry food and would only eat a few grains and it seem when it stays in the bowl and the smell goes they wouldnt even look at it. i started buying the wet food for $8 but i see it now for $12 and they want a tin morning an evening. it became i would be buying 14 tins a week which was $140 plus the dry food for $60 a bag. i estimate $500 a month on cat food.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » December 15th, 2021, 8:47 am

I thought that cats were natural hunters and one of the benefits of owning one was that it can control vermin around the yard.

Why do they need to be fed so frequently and with such expensive food?

Seems like the cost of ownership of a small animal like a cat far exceeds that of a dog.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » December 15th, 2021, 9:10 am

depends if yuh want the poo to be stinking
and cat poo can stink real bad

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » December 15th, 2021, 9:18 am

Mines like butterball turkey, fresh fish chopped up into bites for them, chow and random pieces of chicken. The meat keeps their fur looking 100% and have them growing to huge sizes. No problems with scent as they bury their bizness outside.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 15th, 2021, 10:47 am

daring dragoon wrote:
Rovin wrote:friskies is made by purina

when i had cats they didnt like the dry food and would only eat a few grains and it seem when it stays in the bowl and the smell goes they wouldnt even look at it. i started buying the wet food for $8 but i see it now for $12 and they want a tin morning an evening. it became i would be buying 14 tins a week which was $140 plus the dry food for $60 a bag. i estimate $500 a month on cat food.

sounding like u have a goodwood park\west moorings kinda cats :lol: , both of mine 5&6yrs old dont anything besides dry cat food , only once i ever gave them tin food that purina had as a free offer stuck onto d bag , mine turn\twist til they ate a lil of it , had to give them it 2-3 times b4 they eat it out, mine like they hooked on dry food like if is its crack , they dont really eat ppl food neither very rare ...

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 15th, 2021, 10:50 am

Gladiator wrote:So I need some advice. Firstly I want to admit that I am not a cat person, never really liked them, but I have a cat coming around quite often. It seems to be a stray.

over d past 1.5yrs i feed strays, yes it will eventually warm up to u & rub up on u like a dog

cats like to sleep all over d place as if they like a variety & get bored of same ol , they will eventually find a favorite spot\s

b4 u buy a fancy bed try a cardboard box with an old bedsheet or towel inside it ...

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 18th, 2021, 9:27 am

Good day, I'm looking for a place that can board my cat for the Christmas weekend. We called a few places but they aren't taking any pets next weekend. If you all know of any places in the north or environs let me know please. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » December 18th, 2021, 11:36 am

david12 wrote:Good day, I'm looking for a place that can board my cat for the Christmas weekend. We called a few places but they aren't taking any pets next weekend. If you all know of any places in the north or environs let me know please. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

That go be a tough one. It have very few places that does boarding of dogs, I don't think anywhere does boarding for cats.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » December 18th, 2021, 11:43 am

i didnt even know such a service existed , usually a trusted relative wud pass in & give d pets a lil food\water ...

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » December 18th, 2021, 1:39 pm

^I don't have any lol. Last time I took him to Glen Ramadharsingh's place in St. Augustine but they aren't keeping any pets next weekend.

Update:
Incase someone is in the same dilemma, I thought I'd update this. I got through with Golden Pride in Tunapuna. Just carry food and iirc the rate is $55 a day.

Sita
Riding on 13's

Postby Sita » March 5th, 2022, 6:45 am

LalChun wrote:Good thread here post but most importantly, Spay/neuter them and educate other pet lovers on this

My kitten is 6.5 months and I really don't want to neuter him. I feel like I will be taking something away from him. He is an indoor cat and very calm and loving. Do I HAVE TO NEUTER??

Kenjo
punchin NOS

Postby Kenjo » March 5th, 2022, 7:34 am

Sita wrote:
LalChun wrote:Good thread here post but most importantly, Spay/neuter them and educate other pet lovers on this

My kitten is 6.5 months and I really don't want to neuter him. I feel like I will be taking something away from him. He is an indoor cat and very calm and loving. Do I HAVE TO NEUTER??

You are a proper owner . Versus your cat roaming outside and killing birds so you should get away with not neutering yours

david12
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby david12 » March 5th, 2022, 8:50 am

Sita wrote:

Wait till he gets a little older (1-1.5 yrs), that's when my kitten turned into a CAT lol. He was very calm towards us but if he saw other cats he would get aggressive and he was marking territory etc. At 6 months he was normal and still a small fella. If you decide on neutering, don't wait too long.
Last edited by david12 on March 5th, 2022, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

15devils
Trinituner Peong

Postby 15devils » March 5th, 2022, 10:25 am

guys, looking for a maine coon kitten, anyone have a link ? or knows where i can get one ?

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 29th, 2022, 12:42 am

This is my friend cat.

One of them at least.

She was looking photogenic today
IMG_20220328_214225.jpg

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » March 29th, 2022, 12:47 am

Rovin wrote:in d past i have cats who did that , its their own way of cooling down

1 of mine is similar to yours but white body, black,brown,gray patches on top head & complete tail

my 2 current cats when its been a hot day & i come home & put on d ac they get on d couch closer to d ac & take een d cool breeze jes like me, sometimes they coil up like a cockset ... they have rel sense

my orange boy likes the heat. He likes to stay on the roof or in the ceiling, its not uncommon to see him sleeping in direct sunlight.

At night he sleeps where the warm air comes out the refrigerator. I always find that weird about him.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”