Renting Home

darkie007

Renting Home

Postby darkie007 » August 21st, 2013, 10:08 am

Hi looking for advice on how to go about renting a home. I've been to HDC and the response I got there was cold. I don't know what you have to say really in there to get somewhere to live. Looking privately the good places seem to go for $3500 and up. I want to live to see the day I can afford to pay rent which is easily my entire salary. Anyway this is my first time renting and I would appreciate some advice. Any links to websites or persons I could call or places to visit that would help me find and affordable apartment to live would be much appeciated. Thanks in advance.

jeepers
Location: Still locating this location that when located it will appear as my location

Re: Renting Home

Postby jeepers » August 21st, 2013, 10:19 am

what area are u looking at?

Postby Spitfir3 » August 21st, 2013, 10:32 am

i wish you luck in your search

Postby pioneer » August 21st, 2013, 10:37 am

Rent is dead money.

HDC is the biggest scam in history, the majority are given out as political kickbacks to people who don't even live in them, but rent them out to someone else.

Your best bet would be to post comprehensive photos of yourself in this thread and perhaps you may get to shack up with a tuner who is on stable financial ground.

Postby crazybalhead » August 21st, 2013, 10:52 am

Buy a newspaper. Walk around the area you want to rent. Forget the internet.

Postby eliteauto » August 21st, 2013, 10:57 am

if possible, talk to your parents and offer them what you willing to pay in rent to stay home

TriniAutoMart

Postby TriniAutoMart » August 21st, 2013, 11:14 am

That is some good advice eliteauto

Postby pete » August 21st, 2013, 11:16 am

crazybalhead wrote:Buy a newspaper. Walk around the area you want to rent. Forget the internet.

Express classifieds are free online.

Postby ADONI » August 21st, 2013, 11:28 am

Rent for 2 months, don't pay the land lord and when they put you out and all your things on the pavement. Call TV6... It has been working so far for others...
Steups

Postby pioneer » August 21st, 2013, 11:31 am

Or squat on private propety, make 12 chiren then when your house gets bulldozed call the press and make sure your chiren start crying.

The government would encourage the lawlessness and give you a house and land for free. Hell, tuners will start a thread collecting donations to give out to the law breakers.

ronsin1

Postby ronsin1 » August 21st, 2013, 11:36 am

ADONI wrote:Rent for 2 months, don't pay the land lord and when they put you out and all your things on the pavement. Call TV6... It has been working so far for others...
Steups

Believe me this is a viable option I am seriously considering this

Bizzare

Postby Bizzare » August 21st, 2013, 11:38 am

Postby Les Bain » August 21st, 2013, 11:54 am

The kind of experience I've had with HDC has been atrocious. Incompetent, thinly veiled corruption is a joke. Every step of the process I've been getting the vibe they out to frustrate me away in order to secure a unit for friend and famalay. All that stress, runaround, misinformation and passive aggressiveness for the possibility of getting drop in a gunta settlement? Fantastic.

I don't envy you, OP. Compared to the times I secured my last 2 apartments, the cost of renting is ridiculous now. Your best bet is to relentlessly hit the phones and pavement with the express classifieds and hope for the best.

Postby crazybalhead » August 21st, 2013, 11:56 am

pete wrote:
crazybalhead wrote:Buy a newspaper. Walk around the area you want to rent. Forget the internet.

Sigh. forget real estate agent's websites like trinidadrealtor.

Postby *$kїđž!™ » August 21st, 2013, 12:36 pm

pioneer wrote:Or squat on private propety, make 12 chiren then when your house gets bulldozed call the press and make sure your chiren start crying.

The government would encourage the lawlessness and give you a house and land for free. Hell, tuners will start a thread collecting donations to give out to the law breakers.

THIS ....

bluesteel29

Postby bluesteel29 » August 21st, 2013, 12:50 pm

it ha vacancy in d Victoria Keyes...damp ah skull n ya go GT dbu

Postby pete » August 21st, 2013, 1:34 pm

crazybalhead wrote:
pete wrote:

Sigh. forget real estate agent's websites like trinidadrealtor.

Lol I'm sorry. I know that's what you meant and it's what I meant too. On my phone so didn't want to type "you don't even need to buy a papers, the express classifieds is online free"

konartis

Postby konartis » August 21st, 2013, 2:36 pm

pioneer wrote:Or squat on private propety, make 12 chiren then when your house gets bulldozed call the press and make sure your chiren start crying.

even more sickening is that there is nice land in ptown area and the squatters from debe being relocated there and givin up to 300k in compensation....you feel this place right?? so better to squat....wait...and the government will give you money to buy and build ur own home, while the middle class gets nothing in this country.....

ninjabilly

Postby ninjabilly » August 21st, 2013, 2:45 pm

I have a queen size bed and ac gyul

Postby pioneer » August 21st, 2013, 10:18 pm

konartis wrote:

even more sickening is that there is nice land in ptown area and the squatters from debe being relocated there and givin up to 300k in compensation....you feel this place right?? so better to squat....wait...and the government will give you money to buy and build ur own home, while the middle class gets nothing in this country.....

Middle class pays all the tax to support these scum

Postby speedmelter » August 22nd, 2013, 1:38 am

if there was some way to eliminate the scums of this country it would free up alot of stress on the working citizens. they are leaches to society in both direct and indirect ways.

Postby zoom rader » August 22nd, 2013, 3:06 am

Les Bain wrote:The kind of experience I've had with HDC has been atrocious. Incompetent, thinly veiled corruption is a joke. Every step of the process I've been getting the vibe they out to frustrate me away in order to secure a unit for friend and famalay. All that stress, runaround, misinformation and passive aggressiveness for the possibility of getting drop in a gunta settlement? Fantastic.

I don't envy you, OP. Compared to the times I secured my last 2 apartments, the cost of renting is ridiculous now. Your best bet is to relentlessly hit the phones and pavement with the express classifieds and hope for the best.

What you just discribe here is the public sevice on the hold.

Postby ADONI » August 22nd, 2013, 1:22 pm

pioneer wrote:
konartis wrote:

Middle class pays all the tax to support these scum

Exactly!

Postby Slartibartfast » August 22nd, 2013, 3:47 pm

Know exactly what you want and keep looking everywhere for it. It take me about 6 weeks of constant searching on everything place online and offline that lists apartments (except realtors) and even then the apartment I got was in a bad location. Two weeks later I happen to see and expired ad online from a year earlier and that's how I got my place.

It not easy, just keep looking and don't give up. And keep in mind that "one bedroom, kitchen and dining room included" normally means "Bedroom, kitchen and dining room included in one room"

J453

Postby J453 » August 22nd, 2013, 4:12 pm

Or use larger than normal quantities of fertility drugs and have a multiple birth. Aim for 7 this time and yuh eenside

Postby brams112 » August 22nd, 2013, 11:00 pm

Just imagine these MCs giving letters of comfort for people to continue squatting just to get votes and smiling while doing it on camera too eh.

Postby nervewrecker » August 22nd, 2013, 11:19 pm

Just come squat in mondesir, kublalsingh them will make sure you collect a cool half mil when time to bulldose. Come quick, wuck now start.

kenrickr

Postby kenrickr » August 24th, 2013, 2:35 pm

Postby AllTrac » August 24th, 2013, 2:58 pm

strong username to post.

sickbad

Postby sickbad » August 24th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Rule of thumb, overhead should be 1/3 of your income or less. So work it backwards and see what you can afford. If you are paying more than 1/3 or 1/2 of your income the say hello to ramin noodles and crix (which is somewhat pricey imho) . Start looking for places in the express classifides at the beginning of the month and all throughout because places would be ready for the first day of the new month. Negotiate wi the landlord things like utilities etc (no suprises) . Try to find furnished if you are not prepared to get couch, stove, fridge. There are bachelor pads type places from ~2500