Forums

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Max14
Riding on 13's

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby Max14 » September 11th, 2018, 2:10 am

I recommend Tropical Express shipping. Locations POS, Trincity Mall and Coceyea San Fernando.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 11th, 2018, 8:53 am

Csf for the cheapest
But longest wait

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » September 11th, 2018, 1:34 pm

eurotuner wrote:I eh going through this whole thread, what's the cheapest and best service at this present time? I'm using websource and I'm looking for options, bringing in something 18 lbs so websource is probably gonna wanna charge me a million dollars.

used IBC, Websource, Aeropost and tropical

so far tropical gave me the best service with Aeropost right behind....Tropical seabox good as well. they cheap but no home delivery; u gotta pick up your stuff.

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » September 11th, 2018, 3:37 pm

if you doh mind waiting, i hear bluesky boatbox is pretty cheap.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 12th, 2018, 7:14 am

That bluesy boat box is ocean shipping?

EL JEFE
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby EL JEFE » September 12th, 2018, 7:23 am

*KRONIK* wrote:Csf for the cheapest
But longest wait

Negative. CSF expensive AF. Using Tropical now and saving a lot of cash.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » September 12th, 2018, 7:32 am

EL JEFE wrote:
*KRONIK* wrote:Csf for the cheapest
But longest wait

Negative. CSF expensive AF. Using Tropical now and saving a lot of cash.
What are the weight ranges that you're shipping and what is the time to clear you package?

thelem-again
Sweet on this forum

Postby thelem-again » September 12th, 2018, 1:03 pm

eurotuner wrote:I eh going through this whole thread, what's the cheapest and best service at this present time? I'm using websource and I'm looking for options, bringing in something 18 lbs so websource is probably gonna wanna charge me a million dollars.

lol

I ordered something 50lbs with websource and they charged me around $1200. Wasnt bad.

I went with them because they were one of the more efficient in terms of delivery and wait times, but now that seems to have decreased. I'm waiting a week plus for an item now which is really unacceptable.

At first they use to send updates on delays but now its like they just dont care. You get it when you get it.

INHUMAN
Riding on 18's

Postby INHUMAN » September 12th, 2018, 2:53 pm

Thanks to cnutbert and oreohead, online shopping is a woft now.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 12th, 2018, 3:01 pm

INHUMAN wrote:Thanks to cnutbert and oreohead, online shopping is a woft now.
Agreed...
It have become more of a luxury than a means of saving on shopping

car
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby car » September 12th, 2018, 5:54 pm

thelem-again wrote:

lol

I ordered something 50lbs with websource and they charged me around $1200. Wasnt bad.

I went with them because they were one of the more efficient in terms of delivery and wait times, but now that seems to have decreased. I'm waiting a week plus for an item now which is really unacceptable.

At first they use to send updates on delays but now its like they just dont care. You get it when you get it.

Because of a lack of usd they ship less often a week. They had sent out a mail on that.

eurotuner
12 pounds of Boost

Postby eurotuner » September 12th, 2018, 7:28 pm

thelem-again wrote:

lol

Ordered from seabox something that weighed 50 lbs and cost just over 800 but two weeks

shogun
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby shogun » September 12th, 2018, 8:11 pm

stev wrote:

used IBC, Websource, Aeropost and tropical

so far tropical gave me the best service with Aeropost right behind....Tropical seabox good as well. they cheap but no home delivery; u gotta pick up your stuff.

Used WebSource and E-Zone, currently using Aeropost. Looks like I need to give this Tropical a try though?

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » September 26th, 2018, 9:49 pm

Anyone uses transexpress?

kaiza
Street 2NR

Postby kaiza » October 11th, 2018, 9:21 am

Anyone use the new pre alert from Aeropost? Is the attached invoice required?

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 18th, 2018, 11:05 pm

How come Amazon charging tax for Florida when using websource?

rondellakacrash
3NE 2NR for life

Postby rondellakacrash » November 18th, 2018, 11:06 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:How come Amazon charging tax for Florida when using websource?
Once your address in Florida you will pay tax. Its not websource only.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » November 19th, 2018, 7:35 am

rondellakacrash wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:How come Amazon charging tax for Florida when using websource?

Not True when I use Transexpress aka TrineBox / Trincargo you do not pay any Tax on Amazon at checkout.

Reason I using websource is because right now I don't have a credit card and they as far as I know are the only skybox that doesn't require a credit card.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 19th, 2018, 8:19 am

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
rondellakacrash wrote:

Not True when I use Transexpress aka TrineBox / Trincargo you do not pay any Tax on Amazon at checkout.

Reason I using websource is because right now I don't have a credit card and they as far as I know are the only skybox that doesn't require a credit card.
Crash is correct. Amazon collects sales tax in 45 states since 2017. Florida is one of them.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » November 19th, 2018, 9:23 am

kaiza wrote:Anyone use the new pre alert from Aeropost? Is the attached invoice required?
adnj wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
rondellakacrash wrote:

Crash is correct. Amazon collects sales tax in 45 states since 2017. Florida is one of them.
I don't think its on everything. I use Amazon but not skybox as I pick up my stuff. I purchased a phone on Amazon last year and paid state tax on it but not on the case. This year I bought some accessories for my Gear 3 as well as parts for a one plus. Taxes were on some items but not others. Never bothered to research further into this.

Maybe its dependent on who the seller is. I mostly try to use fulfilled by Amazon.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » November 19th, 2018, 9:41 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
kaiza wrote:Anyone use the new pre alert from Aeropost? Is the attached invoice required?
adnj wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
rondellakacrash wrote:

I don't think its on everything. I use Amazon but not skybox as I pick up my stuff. I purchased a phone on Amazon last year and paid state tax on it but not on the case. This year I bought some accessories for my Gear 3 as well as parts for a one plus. Taxes were on some items but not others. Never bothered to research further into this.

Maybe its dependent on who the seller is. I mostly try to use fulfilled by Amazon.
I think thats based on the point of sale for the item, if the particular state has the sales tax.

So if you order from amazon, and it ships from point A which has taxes, it will reflect on the bill.
However, if the same item ships from point B, where there is no tax, you just pay the tax free price.

2NR Smurf
TriniTuner Crew

Postby 2NR Smurf » November 19th, 2018, 10:54 am

Some skybox companies have an arrangement with the local authorities where the state tax is not charged when shipping to the freight forwarder address.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » November 19th, 2018, 12:58 pm

From my experience, the state tax is applied if the supplier is located in the same state as the delivery address. I never investigated it fully though.
I use bluesky, they are not perfect but they seem to be willing to satisfy their customers. Their savebox is much cheaper but takes a while. I used Tropical Express once and I was pleased but I used a friends account and they gave me the item with no verification.

stev
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby stev » November 19th, 2018, 1:59 pm

airuma wrote:From my experience, the state tax is applied if the supplier is located in the same state as the delivery address. I never investigated it fully though.
I use bluesky, they are not perfect but they seem to be willing to satisfy their customers. Their savebox is much cheaper but takes a while. I used Tropical Express once and I was pleased but I used a friends account and they gave me the item with no verification.

this was a concern of mine but they stop doing that a few months now.

u have to have a signed letter and copy of ID from the account owner in order to collect.

As for the Florida sales tax...it's a bit tricky as it depends on several factors....info below:

Is Shipping Taxable in Florida?

Like most states (and most everything in the world of sales and use tax), the answer is…it depends. There are a number of factors that impact whether the Florida Department of Revenue will require you to collect sales tax on shipping and handling. We’ll outline some of those situations below. As is always the case, specific questions on shipping in Florida and sales tax should be taken directly to a tax professional familiar with Florida tax laws.

Customer Choice Matters

If you have tax nexus in Florida, then the question you have to answer to determine whether you should charge sales tax on shipping to a Florida customer is whether the customer has a choice. If your customer could pick up the order at your place of business instead of having it shipped, then the shipping is not taxable.

If your business is strictly what Florida quaintly calls “mail order,” then the state judges that the customer didn’t have a choice whether to have the order shipped. The customer could not avoid the shipping cost, so Florida considers it part of the sale price of the goods and thus subject to sales tax.

Another situation where shipping is not taxable in Florida is when the customer arranges for shipping on their own account and pays the shipping company directly.

Following the Rule

Florida puts both shipping and handling into the category of “transportation charges,” so both are taxed — or not — by the same rules. However, if you lump shipping and handling together in one charge, the whole amount is subject to sales tax.

The same is true for personal delivery. If you take items to your customers in your own vehicle, whether your delivery charge is taxable or not depends on whether the purchaser had the option to pick up the item instead of having you deliver it. If it’s the customer’s choice, delivery is not subject to Florida sales tax. If delivery is the only option, it’s taxable.

The FOB Exception

A representative from the Florida Department of Revenue (FDOR) pointed out that one important factor in determining the taxability of shipping on an order is whether or not the order was shipped FOB. FOB, which stands for Free On Board, has to do with when ownership of the goods is transferred from seller to buyer.

If ownership — and responsibility for the package — transfers to the buyer as soon as it leaves your hands, even if it hasn’t reached the buyer yet, the shipment is considered FOB. In that case, delivery is not taxable because it is at the behest of the buyer.

For example, a customer buys a washing machine at your appliance store and takes ownership of the machine on Monday. He asks you to deliver the washer on Tuesday in your delivery van. The customer already owns the item by the time of delivery, so your delivery charge is not taxable.

Help for Florida Sales Tax on Shipping

If seller A places an order on a speeding train heading toward customer B in Florida and A tries to figure out whether to charge sales tax on the shipping and handling charges for the package, will A tear out all her hair by the end of the day?

Probably not, if A reads Florida’s handy FAC flyer about sales tax on transportation charges. The FDOR representative notes that the examples in this flyer “are very useful in understanding how Florida tax applies to shipping charges.” The flyer has examples of several different scenarios, so you will probably find one that applies to your business.

airuma
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby airuma » November 19th, 2018, 3:56 pm

^^^ didn't read everything but it seems as though the information you provided is about charging sales tax on shipping and handling. I thought the others were making reference to the state tax on the price of the item.

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » November 19th, 2018, 4:58 pm

US sales tax is charged on a state by state basis. A seller IS NOT required to charge sales tax for any destination where the seller does not have a physical presence in that state. Additionally, different states have different lists of items which can be purchased free of sales tax.

Payment of sales tax is required based on the USPS destination. If goods are forwarded out of the country, the buyer can request a refund from that state's treasury department.

Some seller's (like Amazon) collect sales tax for all US states. Some Amazon products are shipped from other companies' warehouses (drop shipped) and never pass through Amazon's hands.

There is current US legislation proposed that forces all companies to collect sales tax for all states.

M_2NR
not Admin

Postby M_2NR » November 21st, 2018, 10:26 pm

2NR Smurf wrote:Some skybox companies have an arrangement with the local authorities where the state tax is not charged when shipping to the freight forwarder address.

QFT
It is essentially this wrt transexpress/trinebox.

Average
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby Average » December 5th, 2018, 8:13 am

Hey fellas, I really can't go through 81 pages. I found a part on a UK website and I need it shipped. Assist mih plz!

Jewlicious
Ricer

Postby Jewlicious » December 10th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Anybody using WebSource and ship with USPS? I know they usually collect their bulk shipments and it creates a delay but wondering what the time frame is like during this season. How long after being marked as delivered till WebSource actually sends the we received package email?

d.d.s.
Sweet on this forum

Postby d.d.s. » December 10th, 2018, 7:14 pm

Anyone ever brought in walkie talkies (more on the toy side)? Are they restricted or not?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”