Forums

The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby supercharged turbo » September 3rd, 2021, 6:55 pm

How does surface mail work when shipping an item to Trinidad?I know that the package will be shipped by ocean to save money because of the weight but which company locally handles the package when it reach?Will I have to go in myself at one of the ports to clear it or hire a broker?Does TTpost deal with any form of ocean shipping?Any further information on the topic would be greatly appreciated

Jewlicious
Ricer

Postby Jewlicious » September 3rd, 2021, 7:18 pm

Anybody experiencing delivery delays with WebSource? After the packages are cleared and ready for delivery btw.

Waiting a week now for the courier and still can’t see them. They used to keep their customers informed on days when they can’t deliver but it seems like their customer service is non existent lately ..

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 3rd, 2021, 7:31 pm

Just got my rpm emails
Bess

tropi_flakes
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby tropi_flakes » September 3rd, 2021, 9:56 pm

Jewlicious wrote:Anybody experiencing delivery delays with WebSource? After the packages are cleared and ready for delivery btw.

Waiting a week now for the courier and still can’t see them. They used to keep their customers informed on days when they can’t deliver but it seems like their customer service is non existent lately ..
Did they state
: out for delivery or
:released from customs?
A couple times well all I saw was reased from customs and had to go in to collect. And when they "feel to" some items are actually delivered..

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » September 4th, 2021, 12:11 am

I am not even bothering to order anything for a while to be waiting like a blasted fool.

I am not paying for this nonsense.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 4th, 2021, 6:58 am

Pay local price then.

I see a store selling a reef slippers for $500 that I normally pay 25 usd for plus maybe 100 in shipping and tax.

I will wait the 2 or 3 weeks yes
MaxPower wrote:I am not even bothering to order anything for a while to be waiting like a blasted fool.

I am not paying for this nonsense.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » September 4th, 2021, 7:09 am

^^ hey phone surgeon
ah know you does deal in phones an ting, ah have ah new iphone se and silicon case straight from apple store never open yet, i.e. still in outer plastic package, wa kinda price ah could pipe this for?
btw yall really need to move to trinebox, i got this phone in week an a half.

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » September 4th, 2021, 1:12 pm

RPM really come through today yes.
Kudos to them...they didn't have to.

Yeoman service.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » September 4th, 2021, 2:30 pm

Websource emailed me my invoice last night. Not a bad timeframe considering all factors

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 4th, 2021, 3:37 pm

Tropical MC

Daz all i have to say

And i sure when the package finally reach, is a setta MC tax

trinigoon
3NE 2NR for life

Postby trinigoon » September 6th, 2021, 8:57 pm

Hey guyz ..y'all ever buy n ship form home Depot.? Do I choose anyone or the one in Miami...p.s do they ship to skybox..any info will be appreciated

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » September 6th, 2021, 9:14 pm

It is not possible to buy from Home Depot or Lowe's online from outside the USA. They will not accept international credit cards on their website.

However, do a search online for international orders on either Home Depot or Lowe's. You can email them and from there you can arrange for a quotation and delivery to your FF. I was looking to buy a lawn mower last year and contacted both and got my quotes. You will have to be complete a form with your cc information. I didn't go through with the purchase because the shipping cost plus the item cost was too much for the item (battery powered mower) as hazmat charges were incurred.

Reach out to them. I do not know if this service applies to smaller items.
trinigoon wrote:Hey guyz ..y'all ever buy n ship form home Depot.? Do I choose anyone or the one in Miami...p.s do they ship to skybox..any info will be appreciated

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 6th, 2021, 9:30 pm

received a smart plug and bulb today (websource) -- took about 2ish weeks.

and i saw there were no tax or duties on them :D

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » September 7th, 2021, 9:32 am

supercharged turbo wrote:How does surface mail work when shipping an item to Trinidad?I know that the package will be shipped by ocean to save money because of the weight but which company locally handles the package when it reach?Will I have to go in myself at one of the ports to clear it or hire a broker?Does TTpost deal with any form of ocean shipping?Any further information on the topic would be greatly appreciated
Anybody?

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 7th, 2021, 10:15 am

daxt0r wrote:^^ hey phone surgeon
ah know you does deal in phones an ting, ah have ah new iphone se and silicon case straight from apple store never open yet, i.e. still in outer plastic package, wa kinda price ah could pipe this for?

a 2020 SE brand new sealed in box 64gb sells for between $4000 to $5000 locally

$4000 if you're a random seller on facebook and cant provide any type of warranty or security to the buyer

$5000 if you're a store that can provide warranty/after sales service

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 7th, 2021, 10:17 am

supercharged turbo wrote:
supercharged turbo wrote:How does surface mail work when shipping an item to Trinidad?I know that the package will be shipped by ocean to save money because of the weight but which company locally handles the package when it reach?Will I have to go in myself at one of the ports to clear it or hire a broker?Does TTpost deal with any form of ocean shipping?Any further information on the topic would be greatly appreciated
Anybody?

what do you mean surface mail?

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » September 7th, 2021, 10:46 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Anybody?

From wikipedia-Surface mail, also known as sea mail, is mail that is transported by land and sea (along the surface of the earth), rather than by air, as in airmail. Surface mail is significantly less expensive but slower than airmail, and thus is preferred for large or heavy, non-urgent items and is primarily used for sending packages, not letters.

hustla_ambition101
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hustla_ambition101 » September 7th, 2021, 11:00 am

st7 wrote:received a smart plug and bulb today (websource) -- took about 2ish weeks.

and i saw there were no tax or duties on them :D
Yup 2 weeks inc weekends my package took

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 7th, 2021, 11:18 am

The tropics taking on average of 2 weeks from what I see recently.

I was watching this RPM page.
Air Prices a bit higher than tropics, per pound.
Using their calculators, the shipping fee is not much more but I see they have an 'Insurance' fee which increases with the item cost, which makes the overall price higher.

But anybody dealt with RPM Ocean/Seabox?
Trying to bring down around 500lbs.
I didn't see any figures on the site about time/cost.
Tropics said USD1.50/pound (volumetric) and I might most likely stick with that because I not in a hurry, but I still interested in hearing what ollor RPM users have to say.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » September 7th, 2021, 11:28 am

for those weights, best you contact laparkan or so and pay the volumetric weight, go clear it yourself

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » September 7th, 2021, 12:41 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
daxt0r wrote:^^ hey phone surgeon

a 2020 SE brand new sealed in box 64gb sells for between $4000 to $5000 locally

$4000 if you're a random seller on facebook and cant provide any type of warranty or security to the buyer

$5000 if you're a store that can provide warranty/after sales service

thx eh man, ah hope yuh eh had no more misadventures with dem fraudsters, b careful out dey!

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » September 7th, 2021, 9:54 pm

5 packages received by RPM between 23-30 August delivered between Saturday and some tomorrow.

1 Package delivered to Aeropost since 23 August still in a black hole somewhere going on 15 days.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 8th, 2021, 12:16 am

daxt0r wrote:
thx eh man, ah hope yuh eh had no more misadventures with dem fraudsters, b careful out dey!

lol thats a weekly thing now as people get more desperate

some of them turning to attempted armed robbery now

everyone does get chain up and throw in the back of a police jeep though

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » September 8th, 2021, 12:23 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Anybody?

From wikipedia-Surface mail, also known as sea mail, is mail that is transported by land and sea (along the surface of the earth), rather than by air, as in airmail. Surface mail is significantly less expensive but slower than airmail, and thus is preferred for large or heavy, non-urgent items and is primarily used for sending packages, not letters.

ttpost have a set of different services

EMS network
Hummingbird Express Shipping
Parcel Post

but with regards to anything with sea shipment from abroad to here, whoever you buying from will have to organise specific shipment to Trinidad with export documents and proper packing etc

they might talk to a big shipping company abroad like Laparkhan etc who will handle the logistics and when it arrives here they charge you their shipping and all other fees and you can pay them to handle the brokerage and delivery or you can go clear and collect yourself

Jewlicious
Ricer

Postby Jewlicious » September 9th, 2021, 11:42 am

So I too switched over to RPM . Just curious tho, after packages are marked delivered by ups or FedEx how long after do they send an email acknowledging receipt?

Arcmanov
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby Arcmanov » September 9th, 2021, 11:48 am

Jewlicious wrote:So I too switched over to RPM . Just curious tho, after packages are marked delivered by ups or FedEx how long after do they send an email acknowledging receipt?
The next working day.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » September 9th, 2021, 4:28 pm

Dear Valued Customer

Please note that the following changes only apply for Commercial Shipments. Non Commercial (regular) Shipments are not affected and will not incur in any additional fees.

All Cargo Reporters, including Aeropost, are being allowed to customs clear shipments consigned to registered businesses in Trinidad and Tobago with the requirement of the Cargo Reporter filing a formal entry (eC82) on behalf of the commercial customer within fourteen (14) days of customs release on the CBCS (Customs Border Control System).

Since implementation in March 2020, Aeropost has been complying with this mandate and absorbing all the cost associated with this new process. At this time we are just not in a position to continue to carry this cost.

With effect from 15th September 2021, ALL incoming commercial shipments will be automatically charged an Asycuda entry fee of TTD 40.00, plus a brokerage fee based on the scale detailed hereunder.

The Asycuda Fee is mandatory and payable to customs for the use of their system for every entry processed.

Detailed Hereunder are the brokerage fees that will be billed for each entry based on CIF value:

Each Asycuda entry will be charged $40.00TTD

Additionally the following Brokerage Fees apply:

How it appears is not how it looks when I typed. Anyway, it should read - Package CIF Value and then Rat.e The Rates are USD$22.50 and USD $42.50

Package CIF Value Rate*

USD $0.01 to USD $1,000.00 USD $22.50
USD $1,000.01 to USD $3,000.00 USD $42.50

More than $3,000 Contact Customer Service
*VAT Included

Should you prefer to utilize your own brokerage service, you are kindly asked to state this in writing on your company’s letterhead so that these items can be bonded for your clearance.

You will however be required to pay all freight and associated charges to Aeropost ahead of collection of documents for clearance.

We thank you for your business and look forward to our continued partnership in the future.

Regards,

Aeropost Trinidad Team

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » September 17th, 2021, 4:36 am

I dont know if this was mentioned before. I feel I type it and didn't click submit.

I seeing all items getting charged 6-7% tax on Amazon and Ebay too.
Used to be able to just choose another seller, but now that not helping anything.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » September 17th, 2021, 9:09 am

Blaze d Chalice wrote:I dont know if this was mentioned before. I feel I type it and didn't click submit.

I seeing all items getting charged 6-7% tax on Amazon and Ebay too.
Used to be able to just choose another seller, but now that not helping anything.

maybe the skybox not in the tax free zone so it getting florida sales tax?
My recent purchases haven't incurred any sales tax and i use trinebox, when i used websrc sales tax applied randomly, not sure for now. :?:
tax.png
tax.png (14.16 KiB) Viewed 3098 times

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » September 17th, 2021, 9:13 am

i have not noticed that and i purchased something this week from Amazon. will have to double check the invoice.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”