The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: The Official Skybox Thread: Take 2

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 20th, 2020, 8:13 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
j.o.e wrote:Peter paying for Paul I suspect. Lots of under invoicing was happening

The chinese companies from ali express and ebay etc does actually ask you if you want a forged invoice and they then set the shoe price etc to $5 or $10 value.

This wont happen from Amazon so i doh know why amazon shoppers with amazon invoices getting analized in the bamcee with a traffic cone.

They reevaluating by vaps.
Had two items, one came thru, inspected and charged at face value.
The other was inspected, re-evaluated for the non-special price (bought the item for 60USD on a flash sale, reg price is 100). I was charged duties and vat on the 100USD reevaluation. They clearly using amazon retail pricing as their guide, and not the documents provided for those that they "feel" should be worth more. I prealerted, and submitted invoices.
Oh, well. Meh

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 20th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Declare as a gift and Amazon doesn't include anything but a gift card per your instruction.

Premchand1976
Riding on 16's

Postby Premchand1976 » July 20th, 2020, 8:28 pm

zoom rader wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:What skyboxes allyuh with? I have no such problems with Aeropost (so far) and I receive things 2-3 times a week.
Are you being charged the correct duties?
Aeropost costs are very very high but, with this new foolishness from customs, their prices may be " reasonable " going forward

paid_influencer
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby paid_influencer » July 20th, 2020, 8:40 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:They reevaluating by vaps.
The other was inspected, re-evaluated for the non-special price (bought the item for 60USD on a flash sale, reg price is 100). I was charged duties and vat on the 100USD reevaluation. They clearly using amazon retail pricing as their guide, and not the documents provided for those that they "feel" should be worth more. I prealerted, and submitted invoices.
Oh, well. Meh

Amazon's flash sale these days lists the "discount" as a negative dollar amount on the invoice. It would look something like this:

Item 1: $100
Discount: -$40
Total: $60

The value of the item on the invoice is listed as $100, even if there is a discount applied after.

Strugglerzinc
punchin NOS

Postby Strugglerzinc » July 20th, 2020, 9:08 pm

Premchand1976 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
Strugglerzinc wrote:What skyboxes allyuh with? I have no such problems with Aeropost (so far) and I receive things 2-3 times a week.
Aeropost costs are very very high but, with this new foolishness from customs, their prices may be " reasonable " going forward

Honestly I do not understand what you're talking about. These are my Aeropost charges in TTD for my two most recent items. It is correct (even better than correct if I'm honest). Is the gripe against them shipping charges? How much does Websource charge per lb? Seriously, I would really like to know.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (15.14 KiB) Viewed 3969 times

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (15.28 KiB) Viewed 3969 times

Capture3.JPG

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » July 21st, 2020, 1:09 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:
j.o.e wrote:Peter paying for Paul I suspect. Lots of under invoicing was happening

The chinese companies from ali express and ebay etc does actually ask you if you want a forged invoice and they then set the shoe price etc to $5 or $10 value.

This wont happen from Amazon so i doh know why amazon shoppers with amazon invoices getting analized in the bamcee with a traffic cone.

They reevaluating by vaps.
Oh, well. Meh

It gets even worse than that, customs are also re evaluating based on MSRP for a number of items like phones and TV etc

For the past 3 weeks all invoices have become invalid no matter how legitimate it is, I think this is supposed to be illegal? but then the law says customs have final say. This law needs to be changed, because a lot of times I buy things on Amazon on Flash Sale, or used Amazon Warehouse yet they still charging Vat on the MSRP which can be 4 times the price.

Yes we know the chinese mafia doesn't care and they will send fake invoices but the fact that those who shop on Amazon are being treated the same way as criminals says a lot about these idiots at customs.

This is just the beginning the real anal rape is coming after election when the money is devalued. Customs sharpening their Traffic Cone for we cacah0le.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 21st, 2020, 5:05 am

Effectic really have some serious anal fixation fantasy yes.

Spitfir3
punchin NOS

Postby Spitfir3 » July 21st, 2020, 11:52 am

nervewrecker wrote:How websource treating people?

not bad

brought 2 items
one fairly hefty at 9lbs and it ran me about $329
second item 5lbs $225

they underbilled both items but meem complaining, once it reduce the end cost

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » July 21st, 2020, 7:17 pm

I have a few things reach the Tropical Meeyami address almost 2 weeks now and up to now it saying "In Transit/Customs" - not "Processing (Trinidad)" so meem know what going on there but I not in a hurry.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » July 21st, 2020, 7:23 pm

Same
Blaze d Chalice wrote:I have a few things reach the Tropical Meeyami address almost 2 weeks now and up to now it saying "In Transit/Customs" - not "Processing (Trinidad)" so meem know what going on there but I not in a hurry.

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » July 21st, 2020, 11:54 pm

How much tax is charged on laptops, Harddrives and ram right now? It's just VAT right?

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 22nd, 2020, 6:28 am

I believe so. No duty just vat.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 22nd, 2020, 7:05 am

Me too. I use Aeropost and I have found that the pricing is not as bad as some of what others have to pay with other skyboxes.
Strugglerzinc wrote:
Premchand1976 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Honestly I do not understand what you're talking about. These are my Aeropost charges in TTD for my two most recent items. It is correct (even better than correct if I'm honest). Is the gripe against them shipping charges? How much does Websource charge per lb? Seriously, I would really like to know.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 22nd, 2020, 7:37 am

I think I saw a flyer indicating that if you link your Aeropost account with your PriceSmart membership, you will get further discounts. Is this legit? Can anyone confirm authenticity?

shaneelal
Riding on 16's

Postby shaneelal » July 22nd, 2020, 7:48 am

agent007 wrote:I think I saw a flyer indicating that if you link your Aeropost account with your PriceSmart membership, you will get further discounts. Is this legit? Can anyone confirm authenticity?

Believe that discount is applied to purchasing items using their website - https://aeropost.com/site/en

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 22nd, 2020, 8:22 am

It is legit. However it is only applicable if you purchase from Aeropost website and they bring the item for you. If you send the items to the skybox address then the pricesmart discount does not apply.

The discount is small though. Like 2-3% IIRC.

agent007 wrote:I think I saw a flyer indicating that if you link your Aeropost account with your PriceSmart membership, you will get further discounts. Is this legit? Can anyone confirm authenticity?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » July 22nd, 2020, 8:27 am

Truth be told, about 5 years ago, Aeropost had an offer with Republic Bank and if you linked your credit card to the Aeropost account, you'll benefit from a flat shipping rate despite the weight of the item.

So I believe my flat rate equates to US$3.54 (or so) per pound.

That works out great for me. But honestly I avoid shipping heavy items and will only on rare occasion bring in something which weighs more than 15 lbs.

agent007
punchin NOS

Postby agent007 » July 22nd, 2020, 12:24 pm

Oh wow, thanks much guys!

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 23rd, 2020, 1:03 pm

Car part consumables cleared. Not bad still. Individual item was 7.2usd and TT value was 85.

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 23rd, 2020, 1:11 pm

Dave wrote:Car part consumables cleared. Not bad still. Individual item was 7.2usd and TT value was 85.

therein lies the problem.
It's hit and miss, and applied by vaps
I've only been jammed once, but I don't shop online much, a couple times every few months if that much.
For the business people, it's causing plenty issues.

Dave
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby Dave » July 23rd, 2020, 1:33 pm

It is.
I would say the last item I received I suspect I paid a lil more typically but as far as my calculations go, I always pay less so the odd time doesn't make a difference to me.

PapaC
Riding on 17's

Postby PapaC » July 23rd, 2020, 9:33 pm

Soo, a lot of us might be playing the waiting game with these companies.
What's the limit though? I mean I have stuff saying in transit weeks now.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » July 24th, 2020, 5:53 am

i order some comfort shackles for my van about 6 weeks ago....local company tell me 8 days to get from Australia to here

i eh complain much with the wait because i know the scene.....

at a point the owner start to blame the 1% and how they keeping the small man down and only clearing certain people goods

finally get them yesterday

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 24th, 2020, 7:41 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:i order some comfort shackles for my van about 6 weeks ago....local company tell me 8 days to get from Australia to here

at a point the owner start to blame the 1% and how they keeping the small man down and only clearing certain people goods

Well we all knew 1% behind this

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 24th, 2020, 10:32 am

Phone Surgeon wrote:i order some comfort shackles for my van about 6 weeks ago....local company tell me 8 days to get from Australia to here

ABS?

It seems as though personal packages are being pushed thru and commercial stuff is delayed at customs. Not sure if or why this is happening.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 24th, 2020, 10:43 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:

ABS?

It seems as though personal packages are being pushed thru and commercial stuff is delayed at customs. Not sure if or why this is happening.
Election gimmick to please the general public.

After elections with PNM in charge it's back to normal to please 1%

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 24th, 2020, 12:41 pm

Spitfir3 wrote:
nervewrecker wrote:How websource treating people?

not bad

brought 2 items
one fairly hefty at 9lbs and it ran me about $329
second item 5lbs $225

they underbilled both items but meem complaining, once it reduce the end cost

screwbash
Riding on 18's

Postby screwbash » July 25th, 2020, 5:20 am

buy stuff on amazon cost about $90 USD customs charge me $120.00 TTD the people at bluesky say it weigh 10 lbs an crack me with big charge an it item cant be 10 lbs cause its just weight lifting gloves an belt. i waiting to see the size of the box it come in.

altec
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby altec » July 25th, 2020, 11:55 am

Bought electrical glands for 11.00 USD on AMAZON. Its weight is about a pound (10 oz to be exact). Tropical charged me $181.00. Their own calculator says $59.00. I used websource's calculator as a second opinion which said $92.00. Where did the extra 90.00 come from? Oh.... I pre-alerted to avoid this $#!t. They will have to explain cost when I go to collect.

supercharged turbo
punchin NOS

Postby supercharged turbo » July 25th, 2020, 9:15 pm

We all know Customs does operate by the moon but so far all the complaints people having recently with exorbitant fees is only from Tropical.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”