Forums

Town and country planning approval

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

boxy
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Re: Town and country planning approval

Postby boxy » May 7th, 2014, 12:47 pm

thanks rdeo I honestly didnt know about that part about deviating from plans. Not getting your completion certificate is a messy situation to get into mainly cause I THINK the banks dont stop bridging till you get that.
VERY USEFUL INFORMATION THANK YOU.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » May 7th, 2014, 8:22 pm

So a waiting period of almost 1 year just to get approval to build.

No wonder the rich does just build and get approval after.

ronsin1
punchin NOS

Postby ronsin1 » May 7th, 2014, 11:05 pm

bluefete wrote:So a waiting period of almost 1 year just to get approval to build.

No wonder the rich does just build and get approval after.

Should have prayed to God

link
18 pounds of Boost

Postby link » May 8th, 2014, 7:45 am

quietdevil wrote:It depends on what you are trying to get approval for...land use, development, house, commercial building. Once you have all the necessary paperwork house and commercial plans take about 2 months, land use and development takes about 6 months. The process is about verification and with their current staff and limited research means they do a damn good job. And they have purged out all the ppl who took money to fast approve. Anyone saying otherwise is just charging you for a process that's free

now to get rid of the corrupt ones who bring in f n f under false pretenses......
I still want to know how sea lots & beetham ppl get house in golconda........remember a news story a couple of years ago when SeaLots ppl had a nusiance demonstration & inconvenience everybody ???....one oman was jumpin' up & dong ih front d cameras shoutin "I eh going Usine to live..".......
strange I eh hear nobody make a hue & cry about dat....
rgds

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » May 8th, 2014, 7:54 am

Doesnt t&tec require town and country approval for a connection when building as well as an inspection ....on completion ....

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » May 8th, 2014, 5:04 pm

No they dont actually.

T&C Approvals minimum 5 mths based on plans i just got back from november.

Yodins
Shifting into 6th

Postby Yodins » May 8th, 2014, 6:14 pm

my mom works in the tunapuna branch. it is STRONGLY ADVISED that you get approval THEN start to build. would be pretty shitty if you shell out a $500K and get rejected. Go and ask for a contact with someone who can draw plans (this you have to pay for) and they will draw a plan draw for you that will be approved because they know what will/wont be approved.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 8th, 2014, 10:01 pm

I got a rejection on an application within 4 months,
resubmitted with some changes and got notified within a month or so

there are a bunch of new junior staff working on the frontlines who either looking newbie bribe experience or don't know the ropes and turning down applications for nonsense

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 9th, 2014, 6:20 am

sure, for new buildings etc,
however for a building which already had 2 approvals and no physical modifications
a little common sense is sometimes required with the 3 application.

Mr. Red Sleeper
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mr. Red Sleeper » May 9th, 2014, 4:08 pm

OUTLINE APPROVAL PRIOR TO DESIGN/ PLANNING , ELIMINATES HALF OF THE CONCERNS MENTIONED.

USE IT.

subie_2NR
3NE 2NR for life

Postby subie_2NR » May 19th, 2014, 3:45 pm

subie_2NR wrote:Well you don't wanna start the building process without approvals and end up in sh!+ street. My house plan went in for approval in Feb. 2014 and I'm still waiting. Every time I go is the same story..,

Finally got my letter of approval today after submitting the application on 19-02-2014

subie_2NR
3NE 2NR for life

Postby subie_2NR » May 19th, 2014, 5:59 pm

quietdevil wrote:
subie_2NR wrote:
subie_2NR wrote:Well you don't wanna start the building process without approvals and end up in sh!+ street. My house plan went in for approval in Feb. 2014 and I'm still waiting. Every time I go is the same story..,

Finally got my letter of approval today after submitting the application on 19-02-2014

So average 3 months, submit to regional corporation and visit them every Wednesday to push it along. If you are in a sewered area then you would also need a licensed plumber to get approval from wasa.

Yup thx for the info, i see it was sent to Regional Corporation already, I'm not building in a sewered area.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 20th, 2014, 10:11 pm

^do you mean the septic tank plans etc needs to be approved ?

jaggie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jaggie » May 22nd, 2014, 8:54 pm

Op, not to hijack , but anyone ever had to get a Structural integrity report.....or contact of who does it .
I need that to get final approval from the Regional Corp.

star23
Street 2NR

Postby star23 » May 24th, 2014, 6:34 pm

U still reach house plan stage. Right now am stuck in d final approval for building stage because d region wants me to pave my part of d road which is at a dead end. Keep in mind no other part of d rd is paved Cuz its private yet I have to pave my section steupps other than DAT its denied

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » May 24th, 2014, 6:41 pm

quietdevil wrote:Yeah that is standard now, the engineers need a copy of the approved plans and to make a site visit. Will get a number for you before the end of the day. Jus to let you know it costs about $6k

care to share more information on this?

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » May 24th, 2014, 10:41 pm

quietdevil wrote:
konartis wrote:
quietdevil wrote:Yeah that is standard now, the engineers need a copy of the approved plans and to make a site visit. Will get a number for you before the end of the day. Jus to let you know it costs about $6k

care to share more information on this?

To get your completion certificate you need to get a structural engineers report which will reference the approved plan and a site visit by a registered structural engineer. It's a one page letter that jus states their visit and that everything was done in accordance to the plan and is structurally sound.

Thats after u build the house?

jsr
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby jsr » May 25th, 2014, 11:23 am

quietdevil wrote:Yes after you build, but some engineers like to visit while you are building especially if they are unsure about the contractor/builder work

Good info
I suppose the same would apply if you are extending your house as well

konartis
Shifting into 6th

Postby konartis » May 25th, 2014, 11:48 am

all these things making me frustrated, i want to start to build by this years end, now going tru the approvals at the bank...is like they want u to beg for a HDC house

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » May 25th, 2014, 12:03 pm

konartis wrote:all these things making me frustrated, i want to start to build by this years end, now going tru the approvals at the bank...is like they want u to beg for a HDC house

This is to prevent you from building a shack from plyboard .

Hope you understand why rents are high

jaggie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jaggie » May 25th, 2014, 12:15 pm

quietdevil wrote:Yes after you build, but some engineers like to visit while you are building especially if they are unsure about the contractor/builder work

LOL....8 mths my T&C Approved plans sitting in the PDRC.
Its only when I visited and inquired then the building inspector get busy....asking for this report!!!

Best quote I get is $2500.

subie_2NR
3NE 2NR for life

Postby subie_2NR » May 25th, 2014, 12:57 pm

jaggie wrote:

Its only when I visited and inquired then the building inspector get busy....asking for this report!!!

So you started building after T&C gave you approval? Because my T&C approved plans were sent to PDRC as well.

jaggie
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jaggie » May 27th, 2014, 9:36 pm

subie_2NR wrote:
jaggie wrote:

So you started building after T&C gave you approval? Because my T&C approved plans were sent to PDRC as well.

Yep I did and now thats why I need the report.....However what the Building inspector(Mr Maharaj) said I needed to inform them first and wait for the site visits before and during the build and ONLY then my building would have been approved by the PDRC.......btw he did visit when I inquired about my plans....

My question to him was T&C did do the site visit and my plans was approved by them....why the double standard???....long story and BS answers later I need the report....

nervewrecker
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby nervewrecker » May 27th, 2014, 9:43 pm

zoom rader wrote:

dont u get the hint that you have to pass a change

Pass it to who?

subie_2NR
3NE 2NR for life

Postby subie_2NR » May 28th, 2014, 5:21 am

jaggie wrote:
subie_2NR wrote:
jaggie wrote:

Yep I did and now thats why I need the report.....However what the Building inspector(Mr Maharaj) said I needed to inform them first and wait for the site visits before and during the build and ONLY then my building would have been approved by the PDRC.......btw he did visit when I inquired about my plans....

My question to him was T&C did do the site visit and my plans was approved by them....why the double standard???....long story and BS answers later I need the report....

Ok thanks for the info. I'm going to start building too but the thing is PDRC recently approved my sub division (last year) I hope that the inspector doesn't give me trouble too...

So after you submit the structural report you gonna get it approved?

trailmaker
Street 2NR

Postby trailmaker » August 4th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Ok, good info in this thread. But I am in a different situation. My application was rejected and I have now made an appeal to Ministry of Planning and Development. Now this appeal has been submitted since December 2013 and each time I visit or call I am told it is by the Minister awaiting reveiw.

So I am waiting for more than 7 months now, any advise. It seems as there is nothing I can do but wait.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » August 4th, 2014, 8:00 pm

Appeals are known to take long,
Did you apply yourself ?

It helps if you get somebody on the inside to know where your application is.

trailmaker
Street 2NR

Postby trailmaker » August 5th, 2014, 5:12 pm

pugboy wrote:Appeals are known to take long,
Did you apply yourself ?

It helps if you get somebody on the inside to know where your application is.

I did have some help and like I said earlier it is awaiting reveiw by the Minister. I just find it unfair that w e just have to wait as if we are begging for it to get done. My patience is running low.

SmokeyGTi
punchin NOS

Postby SmokeyGTi » August 5th, 2014, 6:30 pm

Situation:

you have submitted documents for T&C approval and have now decided to sell the land - you do not want the new owner to use the plans you have submitted.

Question:
Is there anything that needs to be done to ensure that when the new owner submits his own documents there is no conflict?

lalloboy101
Sweet on this forum

Postby lalloboy101 » August 6th, 2014, 7:10 am

Trail, not trying to get in your bizness...but why was your application rejected?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”