TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Letter of Administration were there's no will.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Letter of Administration were there's no will.

Postby hover11 » March 2nd, 2022, 12:57 am

The_Honourable wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
hover11 wrote:Trying to assist a coworker , his mom died and had dementia, wrote a will but left him out as an only child. Can he contest it?
He will need medical proof & date and date of when will was made.

Will must be made before she was diagnosed with dementia for it to stand. If not then it's fraud with the person named in the will.

Or he's gonna have to get people that knew she had dementia via affidavits before the will was made

Zoom is correct. Your co-worker also needs to know the identities of the witnesses to see if any suspect individuals are involved.

That being said, did your co-worker had a good relationship with the deceased? Co-worker might tell you yes but it may be otherwise in reality. There are many cases of someone disowning their child or children, didn't speak to them for decades, and when the person dies, said children benefitted from the estate.
I'm not sure but what I do know is he lived with her up to the date of death, paid for nurses to take care of her , paid for all doctor visits and was just shafted. Guy is literally in shambles, hasn't really been the same since he discovered what the will stated, just tryna give some advice cuz the ppl who the house was left for want him out.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » March 2nd, 2022, 1:35 am

hover11 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
zoom rader wrote:
hover11 wrote:Trying to assist a coworker , his mom died and had dementia, wrote a will but left him out as an only child. Can he contest it?

Will must be made before she was diagnosed with dementia for it to stand. If not then it's fraud with the person named in the will.

Or he's gonna have to get people that knew she had dementia via affidavits before the will was made

Zoom is correct. Your co-worker also needs to know the identities of the witnesses to see if any suspect individuals are involved.

That being said, did your co-worker had a good relationship with the deceased? Co-worker might tell you yes but it may be otherwise in reality. There are many cases of someone disowning their child or children, didn't speak to them for decades, and when the person dies, said children benefitted from the estate.
I'm not sure but what I do know is he lived with her up to the date of death, paid for nurses to take care of her , paid for all doctor visits and was just shafted. Guy is literally in shambles, hasn't really been the same since he discovered what the will stated, just tryna give some advice cuz the ppl who the house was left for want him out.
He has to file an injunction ASAP and contest the will. There is a time limited to contest the will, but he needs to lawyer up now.

Case may be in his favor since he took care of her. Most times in wils the person getting the estate has to bear the expenses as in funeral costs, medical expenses ect. He needs all bills.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 2nd, 2022, 3:06 am

zoom rader wrote:
hover11 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

He has to file an injunction ASAP and contest the will. There is a time limited to contest the will, but he needs to lawyer up now.

Case may be in his favor since he took care of her. Most times in wils the person getting the estate has to bear the expenses as in funeral costs, medical expenses ect. He needs all bills.

If the person died recently, that will is just a piece of paper and of no effect so your co-worker have time to lawyer up. That will only comes into effect after it goes through the probate process and a grant is given. Even during that process you can file a caveat and challenge it.

Process is like this: Application made to Probate Section, Hall of Justice -> Queries made if requested -> Application advertised on Thursdays for two weeks in the Express, Newsday and the T&T Gazette -> Grant approved (if no objections).

If the person died some time ago, let them type the deceased name into google and see if it pops up on the Trinidad & Tobago Gazette. If yes, it reached an advanced stage and maybe even a grant was given. If not, let the co-worker with the death certificate call or visit probate and see if any application was made. If not, co-worker safe for now and can challenge it before an application is made. If it was already made, request an office copy which is now delivered by email, and let the attorney challenge it.

hover11
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby hover11 » March 9th, 2022, 6:44 pm

Just to give an update , I put the guy onto my lawyer it so happens that my lawyer knows his deceased mother's lawyer and the lawyers spoke to each other on a personal level. Apparently no medical report was done prior to drafting the will and his mother's lawyer is willing to grant 30 days before he starts the probate process to see what evidence he can bring to the table to substantiate his claims

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » March 10th, 2022, 12:16 am

hover11 wrote:Just to give an update , I put the guy onto my lawyer it so happens that my lawyer knows his deceased mother's lawyer and the lawyers spoke to each other on a personal level. Apparently no medical report was done prior to drafting the will and his mother's lawyer is willing to grant 30 days before he starts the probate process to see what evidence he can bring to the table to substantiate his claims

Well done. Good to know yuh padna introduced legal into the matter before it even starts.

30 days is just a standard procedure in legal letter writing. Yuh padna can challenge it one time when the other side decides to file the application at probate section. The other side already in a tricky situation by doing no medical report of someone who had dementia.

Good luck.

louis_v
Riding on 13's

Postby louis_v » June 6th, 2023, 5:37 pm

Good day everyone looking for a good lawyer to handle applying for a letter of administration. My mother died recently and left no will.

abbow
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby abbow » June 6th, 2023, 6:39 pm

Rennie Gosine - San Fernando
657-7728

louis_v
Riding on 13's

Postby louis_v » June 13th, 2023, 12:10 pm

Good day need some further info on a letter of administration granted by the court. Does it cover any unforeseen cash or assets not listed on the inventory at the original declaration. The situation is I am currently going through the process but I just found out that they may be some further arrears from a previous employer.

Does it just go to the estate and since I would have the letter of administration I would be authorized to deal with it or would it need to be amended and the legal process done over.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 13th, 2023, 1:41 pm

louis_v wrote:Good day need some further info on a letter of administration granted by the court. Does it cover any unforeseen cash or assets not listed on the inventory at the original declaration. The situation is I am currently going through the process but I just found out that they may be some further arrears from a previous employer.

Does it just go to the estate and since I would have the letter of administration I would be authorized to deal with it or would it need to be amended and the legal process done over.

Letter of Admin covers everything to do with the estate including future earnings. But check your lawyer to verify.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”