TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Bitcoins, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple - Cryptocurrency in T&T

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Bitcoins, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple Anyone?

Postby Phone Surgeon » May 20th, 2021, 9:30 pm

yippee ki yay

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » May 21st, 2021, 4:14 pm

Dohplaydat
punchin NOS

Postby Dohplaydat » May 21st, 2021, 4:31 pm

Dudes in all seriousness, invest right now, don't miss this opportunity.

I'd highly highly recommend taking advantage of the low ETH price now. The flippening could happen within the next 2 years, and you'll make 10X on your investment.

Elon Musk, while many might hate him right now is right. BTC isn't the future of crypto. BCH and ETH are.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » May 22nd, 2021, 8:33 pm

I have a cousin who want me to put a lil 50-100usd on some dogelon mars coin and leave it for my a couple generations who aint born yet

widdyphuck
Riding on 17's

Postby widdyphuck » May 22nd, 2021, 8:58 pm

X_Factor wrote:I have a cousin who want me to put a lil 50-100usd on some dogelon mars coin and leave it for my a couple generations who aint born yet
You could get something better with 100 US if you waiting that long.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » May 22nd, 2021, 11:50 pm

^which?

Bizkit0728
Riding on 13's

Postby Bizkit0728 » May 23rd, 2021, 4:49 am

Hey guys what method do you all use that successfully withdraws from binance?

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » May 23rd, 2021, 6:32 am

Bizkit0728 wrote:Hey guys what method do you all use that successfully withdraws from binance?

I have used wire transfer. The exchange fee is 40usd and local bank fee is about 10usd

Bizkit0728
Riding on 13's

Postby Bizkit0728 » May 23rd, 2021, 7:15 am

eitech wrote:
Bizkit0728 wrote:Hey guys what method do you all use that successfully withdraws from binance?

I have used wire transfer. The exchange fee is 40usd and local bank fee is about 10usd
Wire transfer, through the p2p section?

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » May 23rd, 2021, 9:15 am

Bizkit0728 wrote:
eitech wrote:

Wire transfer, through the p2p section?

Cant recall without logging in and checking but to wire transfer to bank account requires a form to be filled out
IMG_9429.JPG

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » May 23rd, 2021, 11:34 am

Dohplaydat wrote:
Dudes in all seriousness, invest right now, don't miss this opportunity.

I'd highly highly recommend taking advantage of the low ETH price now. The flippening could happen within the next 2 years, and you'll make 10X on your investment.

Elon Musk, while many might hate him right now is right. BTC isn't the future of crypto. BCH and ETH are.

Really?

BCH makes huge trade offs for being more efficient than BTC. Larger block sizes mean more efficient and faster transfers, but at the cost of being less decentralized. Less decentralization means easier to manipulate and Hack. Plus BTC has the a greater network effect.

Etherium is at a cross roads, they stand to lose alot of potential business and projects to polkadot and Cardano which once they have finished their development cycle they will be far greater than what is possible via Eth 2.0

st7
Riding on 18's

Postby st7 » May 23rd, 2021, 2:46 pm

i use lobstr.co to send to wallets on binance.. fees will vary but from my exp doge was 13us per 100us purchase

dean_spleen09
Riding on 17's

Postby dean_spleen09 » May 28th, 2021, 12:47 pm

got some eth last sunday at 1.8 , sold at 2.8 midweek.
hope it gets back to 1.8 again :|

richardxsingh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby richardxsingh » May 28th, 2021, 1:08 pm

I also tried with FCB and they said they do not allow crypto purchases.
Republic is fine however.

Phone Surgeon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Phone Surgeon » May 28th, 2021, 8:19 pm

guys be careful with buying bitcoin locally from anyone with TT cash

was on a scene today with a fella who was sending me fake royal bank receipts as proof of payment for devices and when police search his pc/phone it had alot of stuff where he selling bitcoin locally
he sending runners to meet people to collect cash for bitcoin and sending them fake transactions as poor of transferring the bitcoin/crypto

st7
Riding on 18's

Postby st7 » May 28th, 2021, 9:10 pm

is ripple still in the game?

richardxsingh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby richardxsingh » May 28th, 2021, 9:44 pm

The court matter is still undecided. If they win "to the moon".

st7
Riding on 18's

Postby st7 » May 28th, 2021, 9:47 pm

richardxsingh wrote:The court matter is still undecided. If they win "to the moon".

lol. why will it 'skyrocket' if they win?

richardxsingh
3NE 2NR for life

Postby richardxsingh » June 4th, 2021, 11:17 am

I was being sarcastic. But then again look at coins like doge...

pinks
Street 2NR

Postby pinks » June 6th, 2021, 12:14 am

Goodday..would it be possible for you to explain to me how to withdraw usd to my rbl credit card?like wat app or site u use and how to go abt doing it?i currently use binace for crypto trading..thanks..
daxt0r wrote:
Untitled.jpg

At least they ent have no restriction on cashin out to CC yet, good thing i would never need to buy crypto lol.

went bago an drink up meh gazoo an mash up meh lil iphone se on a job site so ah need a lil quick usd to offset purchase of new one so ah cash out a lil smth to meh rbl CC rather than WU as normal. Thankfully exchange rate went up a lil ting and ah get a lil extra than i wanted to cash out as d SE is just 400usd lol.

For those who suggested from payoneer, what are the fees like? seems to be more like paypal to, not seeing how to directly move from BTC to TTD cash out without expensive conversion intermediary.
I also checked and say Payoneer TOS says that they don't allow transactions involving btc or any digital currency. So maybe go have to stick to WU for TTD cash-in-hand out till dese new Visa Debit cards available locally get online capabilities.

daxt0r
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby daxt0r » June 6th, 2021, 9:03 am

use Escrooge or D-obmem or any reputable exchange, nothing to it really.

Country_Bookie
18 pounds of Boost

Postby Country_Bookie » June 8th, 2021, 7:25 pm

(Bloomberg) --
Bitcoin slumped to a two-week low, with analysts pointing to a technical breakdown as well as the recovery of Colonial Pipeline Co.’s ransom as evidence that crypto isn’t beyond government control.
The largest token tumbled as much as 9.9% to $31,036, though it recouped some of those losses to trade around $32,363 as of 2:31 p.m. in New York. The Bloomberg Galaxy Crypto Index fell as much as 15% before also paring losses by mid-afternoon. Altcoins such as Ether, Litecoin and EOS also dropped.

“Bitcoin can’t get a break,” said Antoni Trenchev, managing partner and co-founder of Nexo, a crypto lender. “Big picture, what we’re experiencing here is a tedious, drawn out regulatory overhang which will continue to weigh on the Bitcoin price. Ultimately it’s good for the industry -- and crypto needs the right sort of regulation -- but for short-termists out there, it’s probably best to look away.”
The U.S. recovered almost all the Bitcoin ransom paid to the perpetrators of the cyber attack on Colonial last month in a sign that law enforcement is capable of pursuing online criminals even when they operate outside the nation’s borders.
The FBI was able to find the Bitcoin by uncovering the digital addresses the hackers used to transfer the funds, according to an eight-page seizure warrant released by the Justice Department on Monday.

While the FBI’s ability to track and recoup the cryptocurrency may go against the anti-establishment ethos that led to the development of Bitcoin, it can also been seen as a positive sign for the sector as it seeks broader mainstream acceptance.
To Bloomberg Intelligence’s Mike McGlone, Tuesday’s decline is “linked to fears of the Feds seizing people’s Bitcoins,” he said. At the same time, “we’ve been in a down-phase for a month now and this is part of it. It’s a continuation of the latest downtrend and this is the latest spark. I thought Bitcoin would be up today on the Colonial news so I’m befuddled.”
Meanwhile, strategists are also watching key technical levels for the cryptocurrency.
One threshold is $30,000, a level the coin briefly touched last month during a brutal selloff. But breaching that round-number level, could trigger another wave of selling given the lack of technical support between $20,000 and $30,000. On the other hand, Bitcoin’s relative strength index is signaling that the token is nearing the oversold level, indicating a possible reprieve.
If the coin continues to decline and $31,000 and $30,000 are taken out, it could retrace its entire breakout from $20,000 and fall back to that level, according to Tallbacken CEO Michael Purves. “This type of ‘round trip’ would not be unusual for an asset (or a stock) which put in an exponential rally,” he wrote in a note, adding that something similar happened after its 2017 rally.
Other market-watchers agree. “The major price support stands at the $30K level, and a slide below this handle could run into stops and accelerate the sell-off in the short run,” said Ipek Ozkardeskaya, senior analyst at Swissquote.
Jeffrey Halley, a senior market analyst at Oanda, says that a break below $30,000 could lead to “another capitulation.” Evercore ISI’s Rich Ross sees a test of support around $29,000.
Bitcoin is still up about 12% this year but the token has plunged from a peak of almost $65,000 in mid-April, casting a pall over the cryptocurrency sector. The recent selloff was exacerbated by billionaire Elon Musk’s public rebuke of the amount of energy used by the servers underpinning the token. Harsh Chinese regulatory oversight also soured the mood.
“You had this phenomenon where Bitcoin got extended, but nothing goes up in a straight line,” said Dan Russo, portfolio manager at Potomac Fund Management. “That’s something to be expected -- you’ve seen throughout its short history these bouts of deep drawdowns. It just got extended to the upside and started to roll over.”
The virtual currency -- which has more than tripled over the past year -- is now in a “cooling off period” that could last “a few months” longer, said Vijay Ayyar, head of Asia-Pacific at crypto exchange Luno Pte.
More stories like this are available on bloomberg.com
Subscribe now to stay ahead with the most trusted business news source.
2021 Bloomberg L.P.

868toothfairy
Riding on 13's

Postby 868toothfairy » June 9th, 2021, 4:31 pm

pinks wrote:Goodday..would it be possible for you to explain to me how to withdraw usd to my rbl credit card?like wat app or site u use and how to go abt doing it?i currently use binace for crypto trading..thanks..
daxt0r wrote:Untitled.jpg
At least they ent have no restriction on cashin out to CC yet, good thing i would never need to buy crypto lol.

went bago an drink up meh gazoo an mash up meh lil iphone se on a job site so ah need a lil quick usd to offset purchase of new one so ah cash out a lil smth to meh rbl CC rather than WU as normal. Thankfully exchange rate went up a lil ting and ah get a lil extra than i wanted to cash out as d SE is just 400usd lol.

For those who suggested from payoneer, what are the fees like? seems to be more like paypal to, not seeing how to directly move from BTC to TTD cash out without expensive conversion intermediary.
I also checked and say Payoneer TOS says that they don't allow transactions involving btc or any digital currency. So maybe go have to stick to WU for TTD cash-in-hand out till dese new Visa Debit cards available locally get online capabilities.

i'd like to know as well-- also what are the fees and waiting times like? is it better to cashout with WU or rbl cc? thanks

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » June 9th, 2021, 9:06 pm

And as soon as they did, the %$&&** IMF came out and gave them some bad press.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/el-salva ... 13193.html (read separately as I only included the link for the IMF)

El Salvador approves Bitcoin as legal tender

9 Jun 2021
El Salvador has approved a proposal from President Nayib Bukele for a law to classify Bitcoin as legal tender, making the Central American nation the first in the world to do so.

A majority of lawmakers voted in favour of the initiative late on Tuesday to create a law that will formally embrace the cryptocurrency, despite concern about the potential effect on El Salvador’s programme with the International Monetary Fund.

KEEP READING
El Salvador President Bukele wants Bitcoin as legal tender
These Iranian woman are crushing it in crypto
Bitcoin ends week in freefall as China warns of crypto crackdown
“The #BitcoinLaw has just been approved by a qualified majority” in the legislative assembly, President Nayib Bukele tweeted after the vote in the assembly.

Translation: With 62 votes, the legislative plenary session approves the #LeyBitcoin [that allows] El Salvador to adopt #Bitcoin as a legal currency. #Thenewassembly continues to make history,! a tweet from the Legislative Assembly said.

Bukele has touted the use of Bitcoin for its potential to help Salvadorans living abroad send remittances back home while saying the US dollar will also continue as legal tender.

“It will bring financial inclusion, investment, tourism, innovation and economic development for our country,” Bukele said in a tweet shortly before the vote.

He added that the use of Bitcoin, whose use will be optional, would not bring risks to users. Its use as legal tender will go into law in 90 days.

“The government will guarantee the convertibility to the exact value in dollars at the moment of each transaction,” Bukele said.

Play Video
El Salvador’s dollarised economy relies heavily on money sent back from citizens working abroad.

World Bank data showed remittances to the country made up nearly $6bn, about a fifth of GDP, in 2019, one of the highest ratios in the world.

Experts have said the move to Bitcoin could complicate talks with the IMF, where El Salvador is seeking a more than $1bn programme.

The IMF’s head of mission for El Salvador, Alina Carare, said late on Monday that the fund is “following the news and will have more information as we continue our consultations with the authorities.”

Carlos de Sousa, a portfolio manager at Vontobel Asset Management, said the Bitcoin push looked ill-considered with Bukele potentially shooting himself in the foot by making the raising of tax revenue more difficult.

“Cryptocurrencies are overall a very easy way to avoid taxation and a very easy way to simply avoid the authorities because it’s a completely decentralised system, you can do money laundering, you can do tax avoidance and so on,” he said.

El Salvador President Nayib Bukele has touted the use of Bitcoin for its potential to help Salvadorans living abroad to send remittances back home [File:Reuters]
A cryptocurrency is a digital form of money that can be used to pay for some transactions online.
As with “real” currencies, one, 10, or millions of Bitcoins can be owned. Unlike real currencies, cryptocurrencies only exist online and are not backed by any government or central bank.

Crypto devotees say the currencies represent the economy of the future. But ultimately, their value depends on their limited supply and the number of people who chase after them.

The cryptocurrency market grew to more than $2.5 trillion in mid-May last year, according to the CoinMarketCap page, driven by interest from increasingly serious investors from Wall Street to Silicon Valley.

But the volatility currency – currently priced at $36,127 – and its murky legal status has raised questions about whether it could ever replace fiat currency in day-to-day transactions.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/6/9 ... gal-tender

El Salvador is the first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender
By Charles Riley, Mitchell McCluskey and David Goldman, CNN Business

Updated 1447 GMT (2247 HKT) June 9, 2021

London (CNN Business)El Salvador has become the first country to adopt bitcoin as legal tender.

A majority of lawmakers have approved a proposal from Salvadorian President Nayib Bukele that will allow bitcoin to be used as legal tender in the country alongside the US dollar.

The law states that "all economic agents shall accept bitcoin as a form of payment when it is offered by the purchaser of a good or service." It also says that tax payments can now be made in bitcoin.

Bukele, 39, is a right-wing populist who rose to power in 2019. He previously said that El Salvador would partner with digital finance company Strike to establish the infrastructure required to support the use of bitcoin as an official currency.

Giving a currency legal tender status typically means that it can be used by borrowers to repay debts. It doesn't automatically mean that a person or business is required to accept the currency as payment for goods or services.

In a tweet prior to the vote, Bukele said that using bitcoin as legal tender would promote financial inclusion, tourism, innovation and economic development. El Salvador is the smallest country in Central America, and while it was quick to contain the coronavirus pandemic, its economy was hard hit last year, according to the World Bank.

The future of digital currencies

Although central banks around the world have reacted to bitcoin with fascination, they have been hesitant to embrace cryptocurrencies because of their extreme volatility. Bitcoin, for example, crashed by more than half its value earlier this year after rocketing to a record high above $60,000. Other, more thinly traded cryptocurrencies are even more volatile, trading up and down like seesaws — often based on speculation or meme tweets from Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk.

However, crypto's rise in popularity has led the US Federal Reserve to look hard at the old-fashioned dollar's limitations — particularly around payments and money transfers that can take days to accomplish. Bitcoin transactions happen almost instantaneously.

Cryptocurrencies also don't require a bank account. Instead, they're held in digital wallets. That could help people in poorer communities — such as many in El Salvador but also in minority communities in the United States — gain increased access to their finances.

Lael Brainard, a member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, laid out a case last month for a secure, central bank-backed digital currency that could create a more efficient payment system and expand financial services to Americans who have been underserved by traditional banks.

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell in May announced the central bank would publish a paper this summer laying out the board's thinking on the benefits and risks associated with a digital US dollar.

Although cryptocurrencies like bitcoin are digital, a Central Bank Digital Currency would be fundamentally different from current cryptos because it would still be controlled by a central bank rather than a decentralized computer network.

— Stefano Pozzebon, George Engels and Allison Morrow contributed to this report

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/09/inve ... index.html

akma4455
Riding on 13's

Postby akma4455 » June 14th, 2021, 10:05 am

Looking for usdt or bitcoins to buy. Any links

Call 6882625

sekhar_777
3NE 2NR for life

Postby sekhar_777 » June 26th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Free Bitcoin Book!
21 Lessons: What I’ve Learned From Falling Down the Bitcoin Rabbit Hole is a joy of a read following author Gigi’s journey learning Bitcoin.
“Gigi's 21 Lessons is required reading for understanding Bitcoin.” — Andy

“This book was a pleasure to read. It explores a man's learnings from Bitcoin and how it applies to life. This is not a technical read, more philosophical if anything. Very easy to read and understand.” — Joe
Thanks,
Swan Team

P.S. The author of 21 Lessons (Gigi) used to work for Swan Bitcoin.
Gigi sells his book for $13.35 on Amazon but he’s giving it away free to the Swan community!

https://event.swanbitcoin.com/21lessons/

The_Honourable
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby The_Honourable » August 29th, 2021, 3:14 pm

Seeing 2-3 local crypto groups on fb with a few shady characters in detour suits. Have that mlm forex vibe.

I'm also seeing these crypto cards like Crypto.com, Digital Profit, etc.

Any reviews?

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » September 23rd, 2021, 8:35 pm

Are there any penalties when the banks find out you're purchasing BTC or USDT with their cards? Is it that they just start blocking such transactions from happening in the future or do they penalize you by block usage of your card all together?

eitech
punchin NOS

Postby eitech » September 23rd, 2021, 8:40 pm

Sinz wrote:Are there any penalties when the banks find out you're purchasing BTC or USDT with their cards? Is it that they just start blocking such transactions from happening in the future or do they penalize you by block usage of your card all together?

If you are purchasing through a website sometimes the merchant is on their list of restricted merchants. If you ask them to unblock the card they tell you flat no

Sinz
Street 2NR

Postby Sinz » September 23rd, 2021, 9:07 pm

eitech wrote:
Sinz wrote:Are there any penalties when the banks find out you're purchasing BTC or USDT with their cards? Is it that they just start blocking such transactions from happening in the future or do they penalize you by block usage of your card all together?

If you are purchasing through a website sometimes the merchant is on their list of restricted merchants. If you ask them to unblock the card they tell you flat no

But is it that they will block or disable your card from any and all purchase? Not just crypto? Just want to make sure that if I'm found doing it that my card isn't fully locked from all uses.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”