Forums

Blink | Bmobile launches 4G LTE high speed data

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

shiva_0001
Street 2NR

Re: Blink | Bmobile launches 4G LTE high speed data in Tobag

Postby shiva_0001 » July 15th, 2015, 8:16 am

i have noticed that since last week the service has improved; now i can actually load videos at peak hours....last week it was not working for half of the day and then when it came back on it has has been working much better (pages loading faster and downloads on an average of 60-170kbps at peak hours 5-10pm)

i guess they upgraded something in my area when it was down...located freeport :)

Advertisement
krazykid19
Riding on 13's

Postby krazykid19 » July 16th, 2015, 10:11 am

Blink working good now actually but i aint wanna keep my hopes up on that [DISAPPOINTED BUT RELIEVED FACE]

JoeGons
Riding on 13's

Postby JoeGons » September 13th, 2015, 6:57 pm

TSTT and HAUAWEI 4G LTE

I've been reading this Post.
Trincity, Millennium Park:
I was "upgraded" late last year.
Over the last four months there has been a consistent decline in my connection speeds.
It has come to the point now that 80% of the time I cannot load a Web Page during the day.
I get an error and it can take five or six tries (before I give up) before I connect.
To compound the problem, when I try to download a file, I am getting download speeds of 10 KBs
Sometimes, late at night, I got as much as 125 KBps when downloading a file. 
I had a 1Mb service. That's good.
Having said that, the strength of the signal has never been good but on Aug.02, I was getting a stronger signal that ever before. Up to four bars!!
Ahh, all is fixed!!
NOT SO!!
Now remember, with the 1mb service I was getting, I expected about 120 Kilo bytes (KB) download speeds ALL THE TIME!!!
Not 10 or 15 or 40.
Well, I spent a lot of time with TSTT on this.

The Lady from Customer Complaints has been most attentive and tried to help me solve my problem.
I even had my transmitter/receiver (Modem) tested in a different location.
I took it into Customer service at Trincity Mall.
The rep. there tested it with his smart phone and sent me away saying that he could not do any more because the Box seems fine.
The Lady finally told that my location was not in a good reception area.
She told me that when the demand was high, the signal strength could be affected.
I could not wrap my brain around that concept.
Now what is wrong with that statement, "when the demand was high, the signal strength could be affected"?
I did some more research and it seems to me that it could happen under certain circumstances.
The last thing that was tried was to double my available speed to 2mb.
That of my original WIMAX Service before the “Upgrade to LTE”.
This has helped somewhat but has not cured the problem.
I now get download speeds of up to 250 KBs. A help.
BUT!!
You don't need 2mb to send an Email.
You see, even when the signal strength is good and the demand is low (Early in the morning), I still have problems. Web pages not loading and failed to send Emails.
During the day, it really is frustrating.
Here's the deal.
I understand there are two types of LTE 4G technologies.
One system can receive and transmit simultaneously and the other receives and then transmits.
If there are too many clients trying to communicate with the system, you get an overload and it loses the ability to transmit at full strength.
If the System is designed to handle 10 clients and you have 20 clients, it will not work.
I believe that this is what is happening. Tell me I am wrong.
When it works, it works really well.
On Friday 21st Aug. at about 2:15PM I was downloading a large file. 220MB.
I saw speeds of 240KBs most of the time but about four times, lasting about 20 to 30 seconds, the download speed fell to 10KB, 5KB, and even 0KB and all coinciding with a loss of signal strength.
It seems to me that the problem lies in the way the signal to and from my Modem is processed.
Either my Modem is bad or the System has a problem.
It should not take 10, 15 or 20 seconds to connect to an Email server when sending Emails.
Sending Emails should only need a 500kb connection. (0.5mb)
Remember the days of 512 kb Dial-up Service? It worked.
I have agreed to continue to use the service and decide if I can work with what I get.
That was over two weeks ago and quite frankly, it really is not working.
The signal strength has been really inconsistent.
I regularly got 60% of maximum signal strength. (3 bars) That should be good enough to send Emails and load Web pages without a problem. That is not the case.
I have attached an external antenna, 5Db gain and I now get a more-or-less consistent three bars.
That has helped but not fixed the problem.
Microsoft IE11 just can't handle this.
Chrome is better because it retries after a time-out and seems to eventually load most of the time.
But it takes a long time.
Thunderbird tries hard but has problems connecting to my Email Servers. GMX, Gmail, Hotmail etc.

I plan to embarrass TSTT if I do not get a commitment from them that they will give the required Bandwidth to handle the demand. :x

pan3660
Street 2NR

Postby pan3660 » September 13th, 2015, 7:16 pm

JoeGons wrote:TSTT and HAUAWEI 4G LTE

Over the last four months there has been a consistent decline in my connection speeds.
It has come to the point now that 80% of the time I cannot load a Web Page during the day.
I get an error and it can take five or six tries (before I give up) before I connect.
To compound the problem, when I try to download a file, I am getting download speeds of 10 KBs
Having said that, the strength of the signal has never been good but on Aug.02, I was getting a stronger signal that ever before. Up to four bars!!
Ahh, all is fixed!!
NOT SO!!
Now remember, with the 1mb service I was getting, I expected about 120 Kilo bytes (KB) download speeds ALL THE TIME!!!
Not 10 or 15 or 40.

The Lady from Customer Complaints has been most attentive and tried to help me solve my problem.
The rep. there tested it with his smart phone and sent me away saying that he could not do any more because the Box seems fine.
She told me that when the demand was high, the signal strength could be affected.
Now what is wrong with that statement, "when the demand was high, the signal strength could be affected"?
I did some more research and it seems to me that it could happen under certain circumstances.
BUT!!
You see, even when the signal strength is good and the demand is low (Early in the morning), I still have problems. Web pages not loading and failed to send Emails.
Here's the deal.
One system can receive and transmit simultaneously and the other receives and then transmits.
If there are too many clients trying to communicate with the system, you get an overload and it loses the ability to transmit at full strength.
If the System is designed to handle 10 clients and you have 20 clients, it will not work.
I saw speeds of 240KBs most of the time but about four times, lasting about 20 to 30 seconds, the download speed fell to 10KB, 5KB, and even 0KB and all coinciding with a loss of signal strength.
It seems to me that the problem lies in the way the signal to and from my Modem is processed.
It should not take 10, 15 or 20 seconds to connect to an Email server when sending Emails.
I have agreed to continue to use the service and decide if I can work with what I get.
I regularly got 60% of maximum signal strength. (3 bars) That should be good enough to send Emails and load Web pages without a problem. That is not the case.
I have attached an external antenna, 5Db gain and I now get a more-or-less consistent three bars.
Chrome is better because it retries after a time-out and seems to eventually load most of the time.
Thunderbird tries hard but has problems connecting to my Email Servers. GMX, Gmail, Hotmail etc.

I plan to embarrass TSTT if I do not get a commitment from them that they will give the required Bandwidth to handle the demand. :x

I believe that the bandwidth is shared. So the more people use the service in a geographical area, the more degraded the service gets. I am guessing that this is what is happening.

pan3660
Street 2NR

Postby pan3660 » September 13th, 2015, 7:29 pm

redmanjp wrote:hmm. TSTT Park St branch tell me i can't switch from the BOTG usb dongle to the Blink wireless router (at least not without breaking the contract) they say that's a downgrade, and only upgrade allowed

You should persue this with a Manager cause BOTG uses a USB dongle or a wireless router. It's a matter of exchange. You may have to pay a conversion fee. On the other hand, if you want to go wired BLINK, it would be an upgrade as the BOTG is limited to 5 mbps, whereas Blink wired Can reach to l0 mbps

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » September 13th, 2015, 9:02 pm

pan3660 wrote:
JoeGons wrote:TSTT and HAUAWEI 4G LTE

Ahh, all is fixed!!
NOT SO!!
Not 10 or 15 or 40.

BUT!!
Here's the deal.

I believe that the bandwidth is shared. So the more people use the service in a geographical area, the more degraded the service gets. I am guessing that this is what is happening.

that would be a likely explanation..

love my beast
Ricer

Postby love my beast » September 27th, 2015, 10:36 pm

I need help guys... i'm fed up of the signal strength i get from my blink greenpacket lte modem. so after doing a little research i found that i can buy a antennae and booster kit and bring it down to boost my signal.. but i want to be sure before i waste anymore money... done been wasting money on this so called lte service.. and i can only use the internet good in the night after 1am.. Has any of you guys installed and external antennae and booster.. which one do you suggest...

coolx3ni
Riding on 13's

Postby coolx3ni » November 2nd, 2015, 12:21 pm

So although this is for the modems. Does this lte has a frequency or band?

redmanjp
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby redmanjp » December 10th, 2015, 12:53 am

So which router are they using for the Blink wireless router package?

The greenpacket or the Huawei E5172?

I need to order an antenna urgently and have my sis bring it in in a couple days if she gets it in time that is

ismithx
punchin NOS

Postby ismithx » December 10th, 2015, 9:08 am

the huawei. just buy a wireless card for a computer and use the antenna from that (check supertech or the wizz)

teems1
12 pounds of Boost

Postby teems1 » February 14th, 2016, 8:18 pm

Anyone's Huawei's hotspot device from blink working extremely problematic the last few weeks?

Loading pages is slow, and often times out. Some sites work and others time out, could be a DNS issue?

The weird thing is torrents work fine. I get a constant 250kb/s no matter what, even when the websites don't load.

NR8
Riding on 17's

Postby NR8 » February 14th, 2016, 8:52 pm

I've been getting the same problems last few weeks with the Huawei lte cpe e5172 router.

redmanjp

Postby redmanjp » February 15th, 2016, 6:08 pm

teems1 wrote:Anyone's Huawei's hotspot device from blink working extremely problematic the last few weeks?

Loading pages is slow, and often times out. Some sites work and others time out, could be a DNS issue?

The weird thing is torrents work fine. I get a constant 250kb/s no matter what, even when the websites don't load.

waht dns u using?

teems1
12 pounds of Boost

Postby teems1 » February 15th, 2016, 6:45 pm

redmanjp wrote:
teems1 wrote:Anyone's Huawei's hotspot device from blink working extremely problematic the last few weeks?

waht dns u using?

Not sure. Didn't see any DNS tab/option in the admin screen after logging into the device.

You know where part of the UI it can be found?

kcgilll
Street 2NR

Postby kcgilll » February 20th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Getting the exact same problem one min up next down. Csr's for blink tried remedying the problem but continues. Going Monday to let them know I want a new unit cause I tested someone else's box next to mines and theirs worked fine while mines timed out and kept not connected. If any one got there problem solved please say

JoJoR
Ricer

Postby JoJoR » February 20th, 2016, 10:23 pm

Not the modem's fault. I tried another one and it's the same problem. It's on their end.
When you go on speedtest.net they show us a public/shared ip. (190.58.249.5. Generally ranges from 190.58.249.0/12) Depending on the IP you are assigned it works flawless and then some just works like BS.

If you all resolve the problem by simply changing the dns, please help me. I tried most of the public ones and local but to avail (Using http://www.bestdns.org/for/tt/ for the local)

Using VPNs help a lot when you want to just watch videos and surf the web. The speeds might just differ by a .2Mbps from what you are promised.
So here is a couple 1. https://www.betternet.co/ 2. http://www.hotspotshield.com/ 3. http://www.vpnbook.com/ 4. https://psiphon.ca/

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 21st, 2016, 5:11 am

stev wrote:got a few devices in the office to try out.

WiFi Router with battery option and range extender (not included)

DSC_0359.JPG

USB Dongle

DSC_0360.JPG

WiFi Hotspot

DSC_0361.JPG

edit:

working good so far. 3 out of 5 bars (signal) in Curepe area.

web browsing experience is much better compared to the WiMAX. latency to florida is ~50-100ms

WiMAX latency was ~150-300ms

currently running on 1Mbps up and down

will do some testing / digging 2mrw

Hey whats the ping like these days?

You does still get 50 to 100ms to Miami? if so that is incredible for wireless internet!!

Can you do a speedtest to Miami and post the results?

Also why can't we use the LTE in your phones for this service? like phones that has LTE support can it register for this LTE service instead of having to use their device?

shaneelal
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby shaneelal » February 29th, 2016, 3:18 pm

If having slow browsing issues, for now use a DNS other than Google's, try Opendns.

redmanjp

Postby redmanjp » February 29th, 2016, 8:18 pm

teems1 wrote:
redmanjp wrote:

waht dns u using?

Not sure. Didn't see any DNS tab/option in the admin screen after logging into the device.

You know where part of the UI it can be found?

try changing it on your computer instead

JoJoR
Ricer

Postby JoJoR » March 2nd, 2016, 9:13 pm

I have been getting a constant .30Mbps- .10Mbps. 230ms with most servers. I'm tired of this. I can't even connect to PSN normally. ahh what's the point of paying for 5Mbps. Only torrents are working.

rookie
Trinituner Peong

Re: Blink | Bmobile launches 4G LTE high speed data in Tobago

Postby rookie » April 19th, 2016, 5:57 pm

So I got this in the mail today
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1461103048.048253.jpg

redmanjp

Postby redmanjp » April 21st, 2016, 6:32 pm

but i paying $292 VI for 2mb

jsm1985
3NE 2NR for life

Postby jsm1985 » May 10th, 2016, 7:11 pm

Hi Tuners, can someone tell me how this service works? I'm thinking of getting the LTE hotspot. LTE coverage? Speed?

nixonliketheprez
3NE 2NR for life

Postby nixonliketheprez » May 11th, 2016, 11:15 am

5Mb and dem talking LTE. steups :x

kcgilll
Street 2NR

Postby kcgilll » May 11th, 2016, 11:19 am

5up 5down had issues with it beginning of the year seems like they have worked out kinks. Works OK. Wouldn't mind a faster speed on it.

rookie
Trinituner Peong

Postby rookie » May 11th, 2016, 11:56 am

Update * So i was informed if you dont want to pay the 299.99 on August 1st, i can return the Wimax box and they will terminate the contract because as of August 1st the price goes from 249.99 to 299.99.

redmanjp

Re: Blink | Bmobile launches 4G LTE high speed data

Postby redmanjp » January 24th, 2018, 10:12 pm

Anywhere I could sign up for the blink wireless 6 mb plan without them saying my area has no signal? I have a blink on the go and I can get signal in my area- also I plan on getting an antenna if the signal is too low on the blink wireless router. Unfeortunately most tstt stores have closed so the affiliate stores are simply acting on instructions from tstt and telling me I have no signal and can't get it.

d.d.s.
Sweet on this forum

Postby d.d.s. » January 24th, 2018, 10:21 pm

Don't know where you're from but there's an outlet in El Socorro, next to Chandy Lane. Went there yesterday and saw it in the showcase.

redmanjp

Postby redmanjp » January 25th, 2018, 12:32 am

d.d.s. wrote:Don't know where you're from but there's an outlet in El Socorro, next to Chandy Lane. Went there yesterday and saw it in the showcase.

Good to know but they won't allow me to sign up if my area has no signal.

Anyone know which TSTT office still open ?I could go and tell them I have blink otg and they might give me a bligh if I show them a screenshot of the signal bars.

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » February 1st, 2018, 1:28 pm

redmanjp wrote:Anywhere I could sign up for the blink wireless 6 mb plan without them saying my area has no signal? I have a blink on the go and I can get signal in my area- also I plan on getting an antenna if the signal is too low on the blink wireless router. Unfeortunately most tstt stores have closed so the affiliate stores are simply acting on instructions from tstt and telling me I have no signal and can't get it.

Is this wireless plan truly unlimited or capped at a certain data limit like their mobile packages?
Wanna get a wireless replacement for the copper Blink ADSL.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”