Forums

Netflix Is Cracking Down On VPN 'Pirating'

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Netflix to block VPN's

Postby S_2NR » March 13th, 2016, 9:30 pm

US Netflix selection has been dwindling recently with all these channels - showtime, hbo, nbc, etc having their own app. Latin America seems more attractive these days.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 13th, 2016, 9:43 pm

S_2NR wrote:US Netflix selection has been dwindling recently with all these channels - showtime, hbo, nbc, etc having their own app. Latin America seems more attractive these days.
smartDNSproxy etc lets you change the country to USA, UK, Australia etc - about 20 countries in all. Each country has different content.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » March 13th, 2016, 9:46 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
S_2NR wrote:US Netflix selection has been dwindling recently with all these channels - showtime, hbo, nbc, etc having their own app. Latin America seems more attractive these days.
smartDNSproxy etc lets you change the country to USA, UK, Australia etc - about 20 countries in all. Each country has different content.

was unaware they had this, i just left it on US for Prime Video, Hulu, Showtime. Which region do you like most for netflix?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 13th, 2016, 9:58 pm

S_2NR wrote:
Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

was unaware they had this, i just left it on US for Prime Video, Hulu, Showtime. Which region do you like most for netflix?
well clearly there are lots of things you don't know

I have no single favourite region - it is very easy to change your region.

You can use https://flixsearch.io/ to look for movies and see which region it is available in.

Example: Justice League Gods & Monsters is only available in Australia, Tonga, Fiji and Samoa. So US nor UK nor T&T Netflix will get to see that unless you use a VPN and change it to one of those countries.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » March 13th, 2016, 10:42 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:well clearly there are lots of things you don't know

unnecessary
but thanks for the info.

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » March 13th, 2016, 11:12 pm

How do u switch regions with smartdnsproxy?

Swisha
Chronic 2NR

Postby Swisha » March 14th, 2016, 12:22 am

Thought so. Will stick with unblockus, much easier and faster to switch regions with them.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 14th, 2016, 12:38 am

nick639 wrote:
Swisha wrote:How do u switch regions with smartdnsproxy?

Look on their site they have dns addresses for different regions u could use
no

while there are different DNS's for different regions, those are used based on your location, not the location you want to view. For example we in T&T are given a different DNS to use than customers in the UK. It doesnt have anything to do with where you want to watch content for.

If you want to change the region you want to see content from (e.g. if you want to watch movies only available to Netflix in Australia or the UK) then you simply log into your smartDNSproxy or unblock-us account and change it on the dashboard.

Just click Update

And then you can choose which country you want

I bookmark this page on my phone so I can quickly change region while watching TV on the couch.

Nightshield
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nightshield » March 16th, 2016, 8:52 am

Yah they're all pretty simple to use. Swapping regions adds so much content, you can't select a favourite, because there's always something to watch.

Anyone still having trouble with smartdns since they've resolved it?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 16th, 2016, 11:20 pm

^ netflix working here on smartdnsproxy

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 17th, 2016, 6:21 am

I had it on USA 2.0 and switched to 2.3 and it started working again.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 18th, 2016, 10:28 am

So i'm using unblock-us and last night it seems that I got the error message.

Signed up for the 14 day trial on smartdnsproxy and configured to use that.

The instructions for setup on the router states to use the DNS of a smartdnsproxy server physically closest to our location. I used the Brazil server's DNS and it seems that I'm able to connect to US Netflix once more.

Not sure if it matters but I'm not seeing a selection for Netflix region US 2.0 or US 2.3 and I'm guessing that this is based on the DNS server configured on the router. What geographical DNS server have any of you typically used in your setup?

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 18th, 2016, 10:34 am

nick639 wrote:Shittt thanks for that, I usually change the entire dns on my router
that won't change your region!

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 18th, 2016, 10:34 am

carluva wrote:So i'm using unblock-us and last night it seems that I got the error message.

The instructions for setup on the router states to use the DNS of a smartdnsproxy server physically closest to our location. I used the Brazil server's DNS and it seems that I'm able to connect to US Netflix once more.

Not sure if it matters but I'm not seeing a selection for Netflix region US 2.0 or US 2.3 and I'm guessing that this is based on the DNS server configured on the router. What geographical DNS server have any of you typically used in your setup?
you change the region via their website, not on your router. You only need to change the DNS on your router once when you initially sign up for their service. Choosing Brazil is a good option as it is the closest server to us in Trinidad. The N Virginia option is 1000KM further from us than Brazil. Closer the better. For other users reading, choosing Brazil does not mean your content will be in spanish!

The content you get is based on the region you select on their website when you log into your account.

See this post I made higher up on this page for instructions on chaning your region to enjoy different content
viewtopic.php?p=9103588#p9103588

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 18th, 2016, 7:31 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:
carluva wrote:So i'm using unblock-us and last night it seems that I got the error message.

you change the region via their website, not on your router. You only need to change the DNS on your router once when you initially sign up for their service. Choosing Brazil is a good option as it is the closest server to us in Trinidad. The N Virginia option is 1000KM further from us than Brazil. Closer the better. For other users reading, choosing Brazil does not mean your content will be in spanish!

The content you get is based on the region you select on their website when you log into your account.

See this post I made higher up on this page for instructions on chaning your region to enjoy different content
viewtopic.php?p=9103588#p9103588

^^^ Totally understand that the region's DNS address does not select the region and that the region selector based on the control panel on smartDNSproxy is what determines where the content streams from.

BTW - a dumb question but I didn't notice it on the website, but whats the monthly subscription fee for smartDNSproxy?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 18th, 2016, 9:59 pm

ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1458352562.625797.jpg

Guys, any thoughts of what could be causing this?

Its a sony bd player.

Last night i switched from unblockus to smartdnsproxy. Followed the instructions on latter. Netflix streaming US content on ipad, ps3, pc. But for some reason, i am getting this on bd player only.

Went to network settings on bd player and tried the auto setup with no luck. Also tried manual IP setup and entered dns addresses and still getting the same error message. I am able to connect to the internet to using the browser on bd player so i know the device has internet access.

Any suggestions?

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » March 18th, 2016, 10:22 pm

Probably wrong region set on smartdnsproxy

Was getting that for the past couple days. Checked it and it was on US2.3, changed to US2.2 and it's working again.. for now :\

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 18th, 2016, 10:35 pm

Changed the region... Didn't do anything. The odd thing too is that it seems that all video services are not working. For example I tried to launch Amazon Prime, and that gave an error message too.

kaiza
Street 2NR

Postby kaiza » March 18th, 2016, 10:48 pm

Hi all, contacted unblock us and they gave me this... 100% tested & working

We have an alternative DNS that has helped customers experiencing the proxy blocking error. We have updated your account in our system to give you access to those DNS. Please complete the steps below in sequential order

1. Change the DNS of each device to (64.145.73.5 and 209.107.219.5) or you can enter it directly on your router

2. Reboot each device after entering the DNS

3. Go to our homepage using a computer or mobile device and re-select the region that you want to access and make sure to click on "Update", click here for reference: http://screencast.com/t/4siEziTi

Note: Make sure to click on the orange banner prompting you to activate your new IP if you see one. Click here for reference http://screencast.com/t/XvHmAjfpslNZ

4. Try to stream a program

PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEPS IF YOU CONTINUE TO RECEIVE THE PROXY ERROR

5. Sign out of your TV/Movie Streaming Service account on *all* devices or computers. For browser make sure you clear your browser cache and restart the browser

6. Remove 64.145.73.5 and 209.107.219.5 as your DNS servers and replace them with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Alternatively, use your local ISP DNS by switching the setting to Automatically obtain DNS addresses

Note: This will temporarily disable our service

7. Confirm that DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or your ISP DNS is configured by going to htttp://www.unblock-us.com. You should NOT receive all 3 greens bars and service should not activate

8. Sign back into your account which will give you access to your local region. Try to watch a program and confirm that it works. Then, sign out of your account on whatever device currently. If using a browser, make sure the cache is cleared

Note: be sure you are doing this using the same initial device *or* on the same computer via a web browser.

9. Configure 64.145.73.5 and 209.107.219.5 again as your DNS to reactivate your service. Once you confirm that your service is configured successfully on http://unblock-us.com, select your desired region as indicated here http://screencast.com/t/4siEziTi

10. Sign back into your account on desired device or browser and try to watch a program.

air wick
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby air wick » March 19th, 2016, 9:11 am

So I signed up on smartdnsproxy for a trial version and it works, had to change Netflix region to USA 2.2 to work though. Will pay after I'm fully convinced

smart.JPG

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 19th, 2016, 2:30 pm

kaiza wrote:Hi all, contacted unblock us and they gave me this... 100% tested & working

We have an alternative DNS that has helped customers experiencing the proxy blocking error. We have updated your account in our system to give you access to those DNS. Please complete the steps below in sequential order

1. Change the DNS of each device to (64.145.73.5 and 209.107.219.5) or you can enter it directly on your router

2. Reboot each device after entering the DNS

3. Go to our homepage using a computer or mobile device and re-select the region that you want to access and make sure to click on "Update", click here for reference: http://screencast.com/t/4siEziTi

Note: Make sure to click on the orange banner prompting you to activate your new IP if you see one. Click here for reference http://screencast.com/t/XvHmAjfpslNZ

4. Try to stream a program

PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEPS IF YOU CONTINUE TO RECEIVE THE PROXY ERROR

5. Sign out of your TV/Movie Streaming Service account on *all* devices or computers. For browser make sure you clear your browser cache and restart the browser

6. Remove 64.145.73.5 and 209.107.219.5 as your DNS servers and replace them with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Alternatively, use your local ISP DNS by switching the setting to Automatically obtain DNS addresses

Note: This will temporarily disable our service

7. Confirm that DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 or your ISP DNS is configured by going to htttp://www.unblock-us.com. You should NOT receive all 3 greens bars and service should not activate

8. Sign back into your account which will give you access to your local region. Try to watch a program and confirm that it works. Then, sign out of your account on whatever device currently. If using a browser, make sure the cache is cleared

Note: be sure you are doing this using the same initial device *or* on the same computer via a web browser.

9. Configure 64.145.73.5 and 209.107.219.5 again as your DNS to reactivate your service. Once you confirm that your service is configured successfully on http://unblock-us.com, select your desired region as indicated here http://screencast.com/t/4siEziTi

10. Sign back into your account on desired device or browser and try to watch a program.

Contacted Unblock us too. They sent me this same procedure. Tried at least three times and this does not work. Responded to them and awaiting feedback.

Reverted to smartDNSproxy and back to "normal". Still have to figure out the deal with the Sony BD player tho. :|

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 19th, 2016, 3:32 pm

Now the ps3 Acting up. Was working with the first time i setup smartdnsproxy. Didnt work with the unblock us fix, and now that ive reverted to smartdnsproxy im getting a code ui-800-3 and netflix is not working. So i only have it working on ipad and pc. Is this a sony thing ? Any ideas?

Nightshield
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Nightshield » March 19th, 2016, 6:16 pm

That fix for unblockus worked for me, for at least one week (only), then it stopped again.

No response/fix 2 weeks and counting.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 19th, 2016, 9:45 pm

nick639 wrote:
ImageUploadedByTriniTuner1457188279.123736.jpg

Primary
Secondary.

Working on Xbone this morning too

Didnt work

kaiza
Street 2NR

Postby kaiza » March 20th, 2016, 2:19 am

Did you restart the system @ carluva?

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 20th, 2016, 9:33 am

Numerous times... Tried all sorts of things and still no luck... Kinda gave up now for the time... Even unblockus and smartdnsproxy seemed stumped cause they've not yet responded even tho they responded within 1 hr on each occassion. Wondering if this has smtgh to do with the sony network as i read a few internet articles which alluded to that.

air wick
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby air wick » March 20th, 2016, 9:50 am

Smartdnsproxy wasn't working for me with the default settings. Had to change Netflix region to USA 2.2 before it worked.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » March 20th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Ps3 working now... Uninstalled the app on ps3 then reinstalled it and now netflix is up and running.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » March 20th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Seems it's a real cat and mouse game where you have to change your USA region every so often to keep Netflix working.

Change your USA region 2.2, 2.3 etc then restart your device, open back netflix - works

skylinechild
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby skylinechild » March 21st, 2016, 10:39 am

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:Seems it's a real cat and mouse game where you have to change your USA region every so often to keep Netflix working.

Change your USA region 2.2, 2.3 etc then restart your device, open back netflix - works

soo tru eah...it kinda hard...to know you want to do the right thing by paying for those services that you use..and as another tuner said, all you end up paying for...is an inconvenience.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”