Cars Don't Stop ? So ..

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Cars Don't Stop ? So ..

Postby orangefox » February 7th, 2015, 4:36 pm

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-02- ... ip-iceberg

" It shows the kind of people we have become regarding violations,” Rambachan added. He said the amount of money which could have been obtained in fines from such violations was $21 million. "

How incompetent is our Gov't ?

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Re: Cars Don't Stop ? So ..

Postby Team Loco » February 7th, 2015, 4:50 pm

Am. What did he say wrong? He was using statistics and making references.

alex jj
Trinituner Peong

Postby alex jj » February 7th, 2015, 4:51 pm

in b4 zr

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » February 7th, 2015, 5:14 pm

Team Loco wrote:Am. What did he say wrong? He was using statistics and making references.

Lol ... Really ?

He represents the Gov't. He thinks he is the PM . He want to raise taxes ? Blame TT peeps ?

Yet he says basically he lost $21 Million and we are to blame ?

So we are to blame that TT is governed by pretenders ? TTPS is not trained . We fired 18 Gov't personnel ?

Rambachan should be talking to his cabinet and finding solutions how we earn $21 Million not lose it.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » February 7th, 2015, 6:24 pm

I dont think there is any legislation in place to charge drivers based on cctv footage. I may be wrong. So i believe those cams are there on a test basis. Maybe the new bill seeks to bring cctv footage as evidence to charge peeps

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » February 7th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Team Loco wrote:I dont think there is any legislation in place to charge drivers based on cctv footage. I may be wrong. So i believe those cams are there on a test basis. Maybe the new bill seeks to bring cctv footage as evidence to charge peeps

I don't believe video evidence is allowed in court. But dw in 2010 kams and friends said they'll fix that.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 7th, 2015, 6:46 pm

They are debating the bill that will allow speed and traffic light cameras to issue tickets.

This is to show that one traffic light was broken over 20,000 times in the past year and say that if this was in place the economic benefit and also deterrent would probably significantly reduce the number of people who break the light.

Not sure what orangefox's angle is but we need these things in this country.

badandy
3NE 2NR for life

Postby badandy » February 7th, 2015, 6:53 pm

pete wrote:
This is to show that one traffic light was broken over 20,000 times in the past year and say that if this was in place the economic benefit and also deterrent would probably significantly reduce the number of people who break the light.

Amazing how some people understand correctly and others......well.....! :oops:

hoverauto
Sweet on this forum

Postby hoverauto » February 7th, 2015, 7:13 pm

pete wrote:They are debating the bill that will allow speed and traffic light cameras to issue tickets.

This.

Duane 3NE 2NR
Admin

Postby Duane 3NE 2NR » February 7th, 2015, 7:21 pm

pete wrote:They are debating the bill that will allow speed and traffic light cameras to issue tickets.

This!

I don't see how this is incompetence.

Rainman
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rainman » February 7th, 2015, 7:45 pm

Duane 3NE 2NR wrote:

This!

I don't see how this is incompetence.

Because...orangefox

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » February 7th, 2015, 7:48 pm

orangefox wrote:http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2015-02-07/suruj-tip-iceberg

" It shows the kind of people we have become regarding violations,” Rambachan added. He said the amount of money which could have been obtained in fines from such violations was $21 million. "

How incompetent is our Gov't ?

I dunno how incompetent the PPG is on a scale of 1 to 10, but reading your post reminds me of reading Fox News and the Trinidad Express. Its almost like you are being paid by the PNM to post this.

Some even think that the uncle of RASC is Rowley.

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » February 7th, 2015, 8:12 pm

No rocket science here Pete :D

If they ( Minster and by extension the Gov't) know persons are in violations of the Law as
small as it may be then do something about it.

Vehicles "breaking" traffic lights has caused hundreds, if not thousands of fatalities.

We do not need "hyper" technology or CCTV to get these traffic violators that are basically murderers in
a tin can :D

So if as a Minister you see or know that this happening ( that is Laws in violation ) then
do something about it with what you have at hand. Have more Police on our streets , take them out of the "office" and put them onto the busy streets to curb crime

It is incompetence ! It shows you cannot govern but love to blame or find excuses.

Why wait for new laws ?

We already have Highway Patrol Police and already have heavy fines
on traffic infringements so why not put this to practice and get that $21 Million which you so
say you was lost .

It is incompetence !

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 7th, 2015, 8:28 pm

I don't know all the powers of the minister of national security but I don't think they can demand that police officers sit and wait at every traffic light and wait all day to run after people who break them. To me that is a huge waste of the time of the police when an automated method will work just as well(if not better) and free up police to do other things.

rollingstock
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rollingstock » February 7th, 2015, 8:31 pm

orangefox go back Guyana plz

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » February 7th, 2015, 8:39 pm

pete wrote:I don't know all the powers of the minister of national security but I don't think they can demand that police officers sit and wait at every traffic light and wait all day to run after people who break them. To me that is a huge waste of the time of the police when an automated method will work just as well(if not better) and free up police to do other things.

Ok this I agree with a plan of automation.
But in the mean time do we allow crime to escalate ?

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » February 7th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Team Loco wrote:I dont think there is any legislation in place to charge drivers based on cctv footage. I may be wrong. So i believe those cams are there on a test basis. Maybe the new bill seeks to bring cctv footage as evidence to charge peeps

The new MVA will be addressing this.

The new style Number plates will have RFID and this will be used to identify the owners of the car that broke the law, and address the infringement.

The only consistent error being made is to say that there are over 750,000 cars on our roads. That figure is what are on the Licencing Authority's books, without noting what cars are no longer on the road.

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » February 7th, 2015, 9:08 pm

^^
Thanks for the RFID information.
When I lived/studied in London CCTV was very efficient .

They sent you the ticket and photo of your infringement in the mail :) :)

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » February 7th, 2015, 9:48 pm

Implementing laws is one thing but enforcement is another.

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » February 8th, 2015, 3:38 am

DVSTT wrote:Implementing laws is one thing but enforcement is another.

Agree.

TT Ministers seem to like formulate Laws but no follow up or no enforcement. They then
want increased salaries and pensions for this work.

Enforcement is the responsibility of the Government . Their job is to put policy in place
and see that systems work effectively :P

But not in TT. We seem to spend, spend , and lose. And Gov't then blames the people :shock:

Dr Rambachan seems very very frustrated in the newspaper article and quote statistics.

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 8th, 2015, 7:37 am

I disagree, enforcement is the responsibility of the police.

Who decides when they should have a roadblock, or set up a speed trap? Why aren't there speed traps set up every day? Why do police officers see people break red lights and not even go after them?

Just Friday night leaving Movietowne, car in front of me clearly broke the light, on the other side of the road a police car was stopped. How is the government supposed to get involved and make that policeman go after the car that broke the light?

People say that if you give them incentives they will give tickets when people haven't broken the law to make extra money or use the threat of a ticket to extort money from people. At least with speed cameras, traffic light cameras there will be no perceived abuse of the public by the people who are there to protect them, they break the law and get a ticket it is one they deserved.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » February 8th, 2015, 7:49 am

Alyuh hear that, we boi Rambachan give alyuh who does be breaking the light ah bligh cuz he proports to be a loving minista...VOTE for him.

Team Loco
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Team Loco » February 8th, 2015, 8:50 am

pete wrote:I disagree, enforcement is the responsibility of the police.

Who decides when they should have a roadblock, or set up a speed trap? Why aren't there speed traps set up every day? Why do police officers see people break red lights and not even go after them?

Just Friday night leaving Movietowne, car in front of me clearly broke the light, on the other side of the road a police car was stopped. How is the government supposed to get involved and make that policeman go after the car that broke the light?

People say that if you give them incentives they will give tickets when people haven't broken the law to make extra money or use the threat of a ticket to extort money from people. At least with speed cameras, traffic light cameras there will be no perceived abuse of the public by the people who are there to protect them, they break the law and get a ticket it is one they deserved.

this!

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » February 8th, 2015, 9:42 am

Team Loco wrote:

this!

X2.

Look at when guys Park on main roads and stop an entire lane of traffic, often I just see police put on their siren and overtake everyone, not paying any attention to the fools that blocks the lanes.

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » February 8th, 2015, 1:06 pm

The view is quite simplistic . The Gov't is ultimately responsible.

Ask yourself in TT who really appoints a COP ? Is he controlled by Gov't ?
If you disagree . Think again. Who decides and pays his salary ?

Automation is a practical tool but does not replace Gov't's responsibility.

You should not have a Minster recognizing that the Law is being violated and you are
just content to quote statistics .

Ministers should solve the problem since they are highly paid via taxes and given all the perks
to do a job.

alex jj
Trinituner Peong

Postby alex jj » February 8th, 2015, 1:14 pm

last night the light turned red wen i was in intersection and there was a double flash..thank goodness there is no legislation in place yet..but i fully support puttin dem cameras by all trafikk lights and have exorbitant fines which seems to be the new trend to deter ppl

orangefox
Riding on 16's

Postby orangefox » February 8th, 2015, 1:20 pm

alex jj wrote:last night the light turned red wen i was in intersection and there was a double flash..thank goodness there is no legislation in place yet..but i fully support puttin dem cameras by all trafikk lights and have exorbitant fines which seems to be the new trend to deter ppl

Yes I agree.
It is used in London and many states in USA.

Again a Minister is saying we lost $21 Million due to violation of a Law.
The people are criminals but OK.

Then he goes to sleep knowing that his salary will be direct deposited at
the end of each month.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » February 8th, 2015, 4:03 pm

alex jj wrote:last night the light turned red wen i was in intersection and there was a double flash..thank goodness there is no legislation in place yet..but i fully support puttin dem cameras by all trafikk lights and have exorbitant fines which seems to be the new trend to deter ppl

If you cross on an amber light there is also a flash. Happened to me a night.

AutoSport
Riding on 17's

Postby AutoSport » February 8th, 2015, 4:30 pm

Who decides when they should have a roadblock, or set up a speed trap? Why aren't there speed traps set up every day?

To put Police officers on the road with a piece of newspaper and then have one run out and stop a car is against the OSHA Act!

Hopefully the speed detection equipment approval will be "speeded up" and we can come on par with the likes of Guyana!

pete
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby pete » February 8th, 2015, 5:19 pm

So the plan is just mail tickets to people who get caught speeding then? No stopping and issuing tickets?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”