Forums

Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

professor
Trinituner Peong

Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

Postby professor » June 6th, 2015, 8:10 am

I believe every one charged for a crime is; 'Innocent Until Proven Guilty', however, I start having second thoughts, when that person, while claiming innocence, uses every means possible, including the proceeds from their alleged wrong doing (if money was involved) to delay their day in court.
I even believe some might even release enough information to get charged locally, for crimes allegedly committed abroad, with proceeds used / laundered in Trinidad, which could see them tried in the courts of Trinidad and Tobago, instead of being extradited.
We have a case like that right now.
But as I said before; 'Innocent Until Proven Guilty', but ?

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

Postby desifemlove » June 6th, 2015, 10:03 am

nothing wrong with a free country...fella.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 6th, 2015, 10:06 am

professor wrote:I believe every one charged for a crime is; 'Innocent Until Proven Guilty', however, I start having second thoughts, when that person, while claiming innocence, uses every means possible, including the proceeds from their alleged wrong doing (if money was involved) to delay their day in court.
I even believe some might even release enough information to get charged locally, for crimes allegedly committed abroad, with proceeds used / laundered in Trinidad, which could see them tried in the courts of Trinidad and Tobago, instead of being extradited.

Hoss call name or post ur sourse, too much rubber talk on tuner in a PNM direction on tuner

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » June 6th, 2015, 10:10 am

zoom rader wrote:Hoss call name or post ur sourse, too much rubber talk on tuner in a PNM direction on tuner

:| zoom rader, on behalf of "Rory Phoulorie izza PNM supporter", I apologise for how the PNM education system has failed you. I thought it was bad, but I did not know how badly it has failed you.

The word is spelt "SOURCE", not "SOURSE".

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » June 6th, 2015, 10:16 am

Laughing at ZR's bad spelling even while using devices with automatic spell checking is beyond pitiful.

ZR might I suggest taking classes at ALTA or any other adult remedial English agency.

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 6th, 2015, 10:35 am

Look outside the four corners of the post (like spelling etc) and see the contents (message)of the post.

That is what was being said with the Emaigate affair.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 6th, 2015, 10:58 am

zoom rader wrote:
professor wrote:I believe every one charged for a crime is; 'Innocent Until Proven Guilty', however, I start having second thoughts, when that person, while claiming innocence, uses every means possible, including the proceeds from their alleged wrong doing (if money was involved) to delay their day in court.

Hoss call name or post ur sourse, too much rubber talk on tuner in a PNM direction on tuner

P
The posting his opinion....
Therefore the sourse,sauce and source are all posted.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 6th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Rory Phoulorie wrote:
zoom rader wrote:Hoss call name or post ur sourse, too much rubber talk on tuner in a PNM direction on tuner

:| zoom rader, on behalf of "Rory Phoulorie izza PNM supporter", I apologise for how the PNM education system has failed you. I thought it was bad, but I did not know how badly it has failed you.

The word is spelt "SOURCE", not "SOURSE".

dem rubber talk posted on tuner is all sourse and not source so it not normel

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 6th, 2015, 1:48 pm

didn't a former AG say that he wasn't appealing the extradition ruling of a court because the accused had enough money to stymie the process for a long time, seems the OP is correct

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » June 6th, 2015, 2:49 pm

I actually voted NOTA in the last election, not PNM, not PP, just happen to have an open mind.
Sorry if anyone of you thought I was supporting your position, on anything.
Haven't seen anything to change from NOTA.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 6th, 2015, 2:54 pm

professor wrote:I actually voted NOTA in the last election, not PNM, not PP, just happen to have an open mind.

Nota means your missed vote went for the winning seat in ur area. So it comes like you still voted

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » June 6th, 2015, 8:26 pm

zoom rader wrote:
professor wrote:I actually voted NOTA in the last election, not PNM, not PP, just happen to have an open mind.

Nota means your missed vote went for the winning seat in ur area. So it comes like you still voted

That might be so, but it was my silent one man protest, and as you said, it went to the winning seat in my area, they would have been my second choice.

Computerman
Riding on 18's

Postby Computerman » June 8th, 2015, 11:14 am

professor wrote:That might be so, but it was my silent one man protest, and as you said, it went to the winning seat in my area, they would have been my second choice.
My comment is not directed at anyone, just related to the subject of vote protesting. IMHO a deliberately "spoiled ballot" can be counted as a protest. Not actually going to vote cannot.
Blank Votes

Daran
Shifting into 6th

Postby Daran » June 8th, 2015, 11:36 am

Musings of someone who doesn't understand the legal system fully. Your idea is indeed justified though, but there's nothing wrong with using the law to protect yourself, that's why laws exist.

Yes it can be corrupted by someone who appears guilty but what if they're not.

Also with regards to your spoilt ballot protest, I respect that. But I think in our system it's more effective for someone like yourself to cast your vote for who you see as the lesser of two evils.

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » June 8th, 2015, 11:44 am

Clive, yuh REALLY want to handle all this drama?... :drama:

Good luck! :lol:

professor
Trinituner Peong

Postby professor » June 8th, 2015, 3:13 pm

This happens when bored in the office.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 8th, 2015, 3:40 pm

I fully agree with you. With the way things are going, I am going walk with a sharpie and cast a blank ballot.

Zoom, there are many PNM/UNC threads for you to go and get banned in. No need to to bring it into this thread to.

And yeah OP, it's no coincidence that you hardly see rich people in jail. If you can delay the proof of your guilt indefinitely then you will always be innocent. There should be some set limitations to the process that cannot be affect by money.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 8th, 2015, 4:13 pm

Its a by product of an imperfect system....but its the system we have.

I disagree with not voting,blank ballot or whatever.

We need a government -and when faced with crappy choices, we make the best choice of those who offer themselves.

I agree with Australia's compulsory voting stance.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 8th, 2015, 6:20 pm

Let's say we are presented with two crappy choices. If all but three people vote then we will still end up with a government that was voted into power. However, they will no that a million other people said don't trust them and don't want them in power.

Now if everyone voted, we will still end up with a government being voted into power. However, the number cannot discern how many want the party in power and how many just believe that the party was the least worse choice.

At the end of the day, thieves and a$$holes going to get into power. I don't want anyone to mistakenly think that I put them there. Maybe with enough popularity they may change to a system that includes an official NOTA option (i.e. potential change from a crappy system to a slightly better one as opposed to perpetuating the crappy system and complaining about it not changing). Redman you have to come better than that.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » June 8th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Why do I need to "come better than that"....better than what?
I'm not trying to convince anyone..I just stated my POV.

And how would anyone mistakenly think that you voted for XYZ?

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 8th, 2015, 9:52 pm

Cool.

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » June 8th, 2015, 10:55 pm

People have rights. Besides, some crimes is harder to prove/solve than others.

Fraud generally harder to solve than a shoplifter.

Or a car thief is easier to prove beyond reasonable doubt than money laundering.

For dis Jack ting, interpol, FBI, etc. need to get a shitload of evidence that's sufficient to convinct. Jack knows dis. and who wouldn't do that in his situation?

Not all crimes have exact facts...doesn't mean centuries' old liberty has to get buss cos we ent like rich people.

Slartibartfast
punchin NOS

Postby Slartibartfast » June 9th, 2015, 6:39 am

The case with Jack aside, OP is also talking about it is unfair that some options may only be available to people with money (like appeals etc.) Because they have money to pay lawyer fees and all that tralala.

OP is saying that it is unfair that more money gives you more options (some of which tend to delay the prosecution for a significant amount of time) which poorer people (guessing upper middle class and down) basically have to take what they get. It is as though the rich can play by a different set of rules (get more option s) and OP is saying this should not be the case.

OP correct me if I am wrong.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”