TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

Republic Online Banking

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

User avatar
2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 824
Joined: July 27th, 2012, 7:37 am

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby 2WNBoost » July 18th, 2021, 3:16 pm

I was thinking more likely 2 weeks

VexXx Dogg wrote:
2WNBoost wrote:It is a good idea to keep some cash handy in the event of a system failure or limited access.
Hurricane season, social unrest, carnival etc

Yup, I’d say keep at least 1-2 months worth of cash at home. At least what you normally spend on groceries, market, Meatshop, gas station, pharmacy and other incidentals

SLVR1
3NE 2NR for life
Posts: 211
Joined: April 17th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby SLVR1 » July 20th, 2021, 11:26 am

From 4 days, it now 6 days for a cheque to clear also. Attributed to the SOE.

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11562
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby redmanjp » July 21st, 2021, 8:03 pm

hey, if i use my RBL VTM card for local TT$ transactions such as paying TTEC bills, do they still charge the commission fee?

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS
Posts: 2810
Joined: October 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Ben_spanna » July 22nd, 2021, 8:16 am

I highly suggest everyone check their online Republic bank accounts, they have been making terrible mistakes, some peoples account have been debited large sums that i believe translated in pre loading of your credit cards.. and the scary part is that the bank does NOT pick up on it......

User avatar
MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9086
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby MaxPower » July 22nd, 2021, 4:50 pm

Who ever design this new platform is a blasted dunce yes.

Some people just have no vision and creativity.

User avatar
zoom rader
TunerGod
Posts: 24587
Joined: April 22nd, 2003, 12:39 pm
Location: Grand Cayman

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby zoom rader » July 22nd, 2021, 5:23 pm

MaxPower wrote:Who ever design this new platform is a blasted dunce yes.

Some people just have no vision and creativity.
Same as the red government travel pass.

What's the point of having a travel pass if you have a passport.

User avatar
Kronik
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2355
Joined: July 23rd, 2004, 9:37 pm
Location: Central
Contact:

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Kronik » July 23rd, 2021, 8:47 am

Ben_spanna wrote:I highly suggest everyone check their online Republic bank accounts, they have been making terrible mistakes, some peoples account have been debited large sums that i believe translated in pre loading of your credit cards.. and the scary part is that the bank does NOT pick up on it......
I check my account on the 21st, and see a debit of around 83US and the details marked arrears and it was sent to one of my credit cards, I want to know how the hell that happen, try to call them, wait 40mins and hang up the phone, next day I try back, hang up after 30 mins.
Will hopefully try back today and find what that is about, cuz my card balance was zero, and only in this billing cycle that now done I had any new charges

User avatar
Les Bain
punchin NOS
Posts: 3993
Joined: May 17th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Location: Cruising for chicks

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Les Bain » July 29th, 2021, 9:56 pm

This verification SMS thing blows.
It usually goes that I don't receive it until 5 minutes after they claim it was sent. I end up requesting at least 2 new verification codes then all 3 show up the same time, they not accepted and I request another verification.

Tonight its been over an hour and a half and not one fk reach yet. This redesign was a real jackass plan with jackass implementation.

goalpost
30 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2569
Joined: June 24th, 2010, 8:18 am
Location: South by night, North by day

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby goalpost » July 30th, 2021, 5:33 am

So I'm guessing RBL hasn't sorted out the issues with this as yet?

User avatar
MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 9086
Joined: October 31st, 2010, 2:37 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby MaxPower » July 30th, 2021, 6:35 am

They need to get RID of the incompetent people that did this “new” platform.

User avatar
teems1
punchin NOS
Posts: 2973
Joined: March 15th, 2007, 4:44 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby teems1 » July 30th, 2021, 8:43 am

MaxPower wrote:They need to get RID of the incompetent people that did this “new” platform.
You do know that it was outsourced right?

User avatar
VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 14608
Joined: May 1st, 2003, 10:23 am
Location: ☠☠☠

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby VexXx Dogg » July 30th, 2021, 8:53 am

Les Bain wrote:This verification SMS thing blows.
It usually goes that I don't receive it until 5 minutes after they claim it was sent. I end up requesting at least 2 new verification codes then all 3 show up the same time, they not accepted and I request another verification.

Tonight its been over an hour and a half and not one fk reach yet. This redesign was a real jackass plan with jackass implementation.


I did not bother with SMS. The app OTP works good for me.

But yea, this is a future case study in what not to do.

User avatar
Les Bain
punchin NOS
Posts: 3993
Joined: May 17th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Location: Cruising for chicks

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Les Bain » July 30th, 2021, 10:52 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:
Les Bain wrote:This verification SMS thing blows.
It usually goes that I don't receive it until 5 minutes after they claim it was sent. I end up requesting at least 2 new verification codes then all 3 show up the same time, they not accepted and I request another verification.

Tonight its been over an hour and a half and not one fk reach yet. This redesign was a real jackass plan with jackass implementation.


I did not bother with SMS. The app OTP works good for me.

But yea, this is a future case study in what not to do.


The app would have been an option if my aging potato phone wasn't an issue. Browser and SMS is the best option right now.

User avatar
Soundwave
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2404
Joined: October 12th, 2010, 12:51 pm
Location: Chaar

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Soundwave » July 30th, 2021, 11:03 am

I have to go on again in a few days, I scared...

User avatar
Les Bain
punchin NOS
Posts: 3993
Joined: May 17th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Location: Cruising for chicks

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Les Bain » July 30th, 2021, 11:48 am

Real embarrassments, yes.
So i wasn't able to get the SMS because the SMS cost you about 50 cents.
I wasn't aware of that, and prepaid me didn't realize my phone balance was too low (I don't use my phone to the point the credit period expires).

Did a top up and had to request new SMS multiple times as the ones that were sent were invalid (eh?).

So progress in yuh cnut there. Musbe spent $5.00 on SMS.

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS
Posts: 2810
Joined: October 28th, 2016, 9:25 am

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Ben_spanna » July 30th, 2021, 12:38 pm

check and double your statements, they real F-king up some peoples accounts! and not by small insignificant amounts eh.....

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12944
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 8:11 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby S_2NR » July 30th, 2021, 12:39 pm

Les Bain wrote:Real embarrassments, yes.
So i wasn't able to get the SMS because the SMS cost you about 50 cents.
I wasn't aware of that, and prepaid me didn't realize my phone balance was too low (I don't use my phone to the point the credit period expires).

Did a top up and had to request new SMS multiple times as the ones that were sent were invalid (eh?).

So progress in yuh cnut there. Musbe spent $5.00 on SMS.


wait what lol
incoming calls and texts are free, unless you are roaming in a foreign country.

User avatar
Les Bain
punchin NOS
Posts: 3993
Joined: May 17th, 2012, 9:46 pm
Location: Cruising for chicks

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Les Bain » July 30th, 2021, 1:06 pm

That is what the operator told me, bud. Wasn't til i do a topup and tried a new login they sent me an invalid SMS.

When i got in, the comedy of errors began, as i was faced by a background and empty menus. Will spare the details, but i assure you the remaining 4 dollars of logins was extra dotish.

User avatar
aaron17
punchin NOS
Posts: 3736
Joined: June 13th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby aaron17 » July 30th, 2021, 3:34 pm

Sms is fail..idk what to do

User avatar
slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 838
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby slickrick777 » August 5th, 2021, 9:30 pm

Is anyone else experiencing no login sms atm, I tried 2 accounts and when I reach to where the sms verification has been sent, not getting any? Was working up until yesterday though!

redmanjp
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 11562
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby redmanjp » August 5th, 2021, 10:43 pm

since when sms cost money to receive?

User avatar
slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 838
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby slickrick777 » August 5th, 2021, 11:28 pm

hmmm, not a bad point there, have 0.21 balance on my phone could they have been charging me per sms all along, will top up and see now! damn!

User avatar
slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 838
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby slickrick777 » August 6th, 2021, 8:07 am

yup was true, republic bank charges for each sms sent, lol

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7
Posts: 12944
Joined: May 22nd, 2010, 8:11 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby S_2NR » August 6th, 2021, 9:24 am

So why the hell I paying a maintenance fee on my accounts for? For them to turn around and charge me for a text to use said service. I need to ask them about that.

I have post paid and haven't noticed being charged for those texts.

User avatar
slickrick777
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 838
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby slickrick777 » August 6th, 2021, 3:41 pm

well I have prepaid and was not even noticing, until that tuner brought up that point, but its true they charge each sms, real low grade service, republic bank on d whole is waste wee!

dogg
Chronic TriniTuner
Posts: 647
Joined: March 19th, 2010, 9:49 am

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby dogg » August 6th, 2021, 6:12 pm

slickrick777 wrote:yup was true, republic bank charges for each sms sent, lol


You know you can download the RBL mobile app and use the One Time Password to log in right?

There's no need to use SMS

User avatar
2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 824
Joined: July 27th, 2012, 7:37 am

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby 2WNBoost » August 7th, 2021, 1:12 am

SMS is one of three options for authentication.
The mobile app covers the One Time Password and Sync options.

User avatar
Soundwave
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2404
Joined: October 12th, 2010, 12:51 pm
Location: Chaar

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Soundwave » August 9th, 2021, 12:35 pm

just logged in using sync approval, house did not burn down, so all is well...

User avatar
2WNBoost
3NE2NR is my LIFE
Posts: 824
Joined: July 27th, 2012, 7:37 am

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby 2WNBoost » August 10th, 2021, 11:45 am

SMS is probably there for feature phone users

User avatar
Country_Bookie
18 pounds of Boost
Posts: 2468
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 1:14 pm
Location: Beating the sky with broken wings
Contact:

Re: Republic Online Banking

Postby Country_Bookie » August 10th, 2021, 6:27 pm

I guess a lot of ppl still don't know about this so lemme share it. If you are the type who mainly use online banking and ATM machines and don't go into the branch, you should check out their e free accounts that don't have monthly service fees.

https://republictt.com/personal/e-free

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], pugboy, tool-band and 105 guests