Forums

Best Dermatologist in T&T....

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

john5231
Street 2NR

Re: Best Dermatologist in T&T....

Postby john5231 » August 12th, 2018, 8:34 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Didn't have a good experience with Basanta. At the Sando office, he will have you in a room and see 3 or more patients at the same time in other rooms. It's like he's trying to cycle as much patients as possible meaning more $$$ per hour. Was injected with steroids but only got temporary relief for my issue the 1st time. When i queried about going through with another set of injections, he became a bit irritated and asked me if I want help from him because he know what he's doing (or something along those lines lol). Got a second set of injections, but this time nothing happened. After that I stopped with zero results.

Also went to Dr Colin Furlonge at Gulf View Medical. He's nice but you don't get that individual attention. Just watches the site of the issue on your skin, writing a prescription a few seconds later and in less than 5 minutes you are out the door. I'm guessing the shorter the time you see the patient, the more you are able to see per hour meaning more $$$. Steroids also but tablets instead. Next thing you know some enzymes in my liver became elevated because of the steroid use. As i stopped the tablets, plus a bottle of Neutrosec, my liver was back to normal.

he really does have an attitude when you question his treatment because you dont see results...i think its because of old age though

ProtonPowder
Shifting into 6th

Postby ProtonPowder » August 13th, 2018, 6:24 pm

john5231 wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Didn't have a good experience with Basanta. At the Sando office, he will have you in a room and see 3 or more patients at the same time in other rooms. It's like he's trying to cycle as much patients as possible meaning more $$$ per hour. Was injected with steroids but only got temporary relief for my issue the 1st time. When i queried about going through with another set of injections, he became a bit irritated and asked me if I want help from him because he know what he's doing (or something along those lines lol). Got a second set of injections, but this time nothing happened. After that I stopped with zero results.

Also went to Dr Colin Furlonge at Gulf View Medical. He's nice but you don't get that individual attention. Just watches the site of the issue on your skin, writing a prescription a few seconds later and in less than 5 minutes you are out the door. I'm guessing the shorter the time you see the patient, the more you are able to see per hour meaning more $$$. Steroids also but tablets instead. Next thing you know some enzymes in my liver became elevated because of the steroid use. As i stopped the tablets, plus a bottle of Neutrosec, my liver was back to normal.

he really does have an attitude when you question his treatment because you dont see results...i think its because of old age though

I know him personally but never had the joy of visiting him in office. I think he feels insulted whenever his tried and true methods are questioned.

I know men who take accutane when we were in form 6 and thing, prescribed by him. Liver function tests and visits ever so often. Men face get clean but they bawling with their industrial grade lip balm. Rell people hop off of it as soon as the depressive/suicidal thoughts started to creep in as a side effect.

john5231
Street 2NR

Postby john5231 » August 27th, 2018, 7:29 pm

ProtonPowder wrote:
john5231 wrote:

I know him personally but never had the joy of visiting him in office. I think he feels insulted whenever his tried and true methods are questioned.

I know men who take accutane when we were in form 6 and thing, prescribed by him. Liver function tests and visits ever so often. Men face get clean but they bawling with their industrial grade lip balm. Rell people hop off of it as soon as the depressive/suicidal thoughts started to creep in as a side effect.

his tried and true methods are questioned because people see no changes while on the treatment

BUSHMASTER
3NE 2NR for life

Postby BUSHMASTER » August 27th, 2018, 8:17 pm

Dr Mustaq Ali I tink he works SFGH heard he’s good

SNIPER 3000
Riding on 17's

Postby SNIPER 3000 » August 27th, 2018, 8:32 pm

Basanta is a grump long time it's not old age.

krisbell
Riding on 13's

Postby krisbell » August 7th, 2019, 9:36 pm

I visited Dr. Basanta last week and results are visible, my only concern with my newly diagnosed Atopic Dermatitis is that the redness from the irritated areas are still visible.

I’m now very embarrassed to wear shorts, dresses and sleeveless clothing because of the large red marks now on the skin. Prior to this flare up though, I visited Miami in July and got a minor rash that went away but when I returned home it resurfaced and manifested on different parts of the body.

Basanta took a skin sample for which I’m awaiting results and yes I’ll have to pay for revisitation fee of $500 for whatever news awaits me.
Really looking for something to clear up the redness :cry:

cryotec
3NE 2NR for life

Postby cryotec » August 8th, 2019, 11:39 am

krisbell wrote:I visited Dr. Basanta last week and results are visible, my only concern with my newly diagnosed Atopic Dermatitis is that the redness from the irritated areas are still visible.

I’m now very embarrassed to wear shorts, dresses and sleeveless clothing because of the large red marks now on the skin. Prior to this flare up though, I visited Miami in July and got a minor rash that went away but when I returned home it resurfaced and manifested on different parts of the body.

Basanta took a skin sample for which I’m awaiting results and yes I’ll have to pay for revisitation fee of $500 for whatever news awaits me.

eczema is a chronic condition so most you could do is manage it by applying topical steroids. i wonder if basanta took a sample just to verify that it is not psoriasis since symptoms exhibited by patients can look similar to eczema. ringworm/tinea versicolor is another possibility and in these cases, you are better off using anti-fungal cream rather than steroids.

jamesblunt1
Street 2NR

Postby jamesblunt1 » October 26th, 2020, 8:05 pm

Hi, any recommendations for a dermatologist in South? I’ve seen a lot of new faces come up recently.

X_Factor
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby X_Factor » March 21st, 2023, 11:00 am

Who would you all recommend for vitiligo?

GixxerMan
Sweet on this forum

Postby GixxerMan » March 22nd, 2023, 12:15 am

krisbell wrote:I visited Dr. Basanta last week and results are visible, my only concern with my newly diagnosed Atopic Dermatitis is that the redness from the irritated areas are still visible.

Why didn't you just see a Dr in Miami?

The fawkers milk you every other way....

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”