TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

What is the PNM's plan for the economy?

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

zoom rader
TunerGod

Re: What is the PNM's plan for the economy?

Postby zoom rader » June 29th, 2016, 3:42 am

Meanwhile PNM financers get away will millions in US.

Opposition Senator Wade Mark says Central Bank Governor Jwala Rambarran’s sacking last December was one of the most evil things to happen in T&T.

Mark said Rambarran was fired to satisfy the interests of the “conglomerate cabal” in T&T.

He said so while completing debate on a private motion he brought in the Senate yesterday “to condemn the actions of the Government” in its dismissal of Rambarran on December 23, 2015. The motion was defeated.

Mark said it was clear that Rambarran, who was appointed for a five-year term in July 2012, was removed prematurely because of the interests of the conglomerate cabal who were the benefits of the largest amount of foreign exchange.

He said those business groups were allowed millions of US dollars while the average citizen was only able to get hundreds.

According to Mark, Rambarran’s dismissal was part of a “systematic conspiracy,” adding that answers must be provided to citizens.

He said the Government was always opposed to Rambarran’s appointment as Central Bank Governor, with many questioning his qualification for the job.

Temporary Opposition Senator Gerald Ramdeen said the Government must also tell the nation who provided the legal advice it received before the governor’s dismissal and what was the cost of the exercise.

Temporary Independent Senator, Pastor Clive Dottin, said Rambarran was unfairly treated and also spoke about the influence of big business on politicians.

He said the Attorney General and the Central Bank Governor were two office holders who should be insulated from political interference.

Later, Mark presented another private motion calling for the establishment of a Joint Select Committee to consider and report within three months on a legislative agenda for parliamentary autonomy in T&T.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2016-06- ... %80%94mark

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 29th, 2016, 8:25 am

PNM ... P N M ... Pee oN eM

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 29th, 2016, 10:06 am

only the mind of a simpleton will be bowled over by the starling revelation that big businesses/conglomerates use more forex than small ones and individuals, what was the intent of Rambarran's info? To suggest to the average man that he was suffering as a result of big companies? Seems in line with Wade Mark's comment. I wonder if that was to distract from the fact that the forex shortages started the same time Rambarran interfered with the forex system to introduce certain new players? Now that the system has been reverted and some months have passed how come I'm not hearing the same complaints as pre-Christmas?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 29th, 2016, 10:15 am

I wonder why those big conglomerates use so much forex ...

The people of T&T have a big appetite for foreign goods and these guys are just the middle men.

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » June 29th, 2016, 10:30 am

eliteauto wrote:only the mind of a simpleton will be bowled over by the starling revelation that big businesses/conglomerates use more forex than small ones and individuals, what was the intent of Rambarran's info? To suggest to the average man that he was suffering as a result of big companies? Seems in line with Wade Mark's comment. I wonder if that was to distract from the fact that the forex shortages started the same time Rambarran interfered with the forex system to introduce certain new players? Now that the system has been reverted and some months have passed how come I'm not hearing the same complaints as pre-Christmas?

Come on man Brett. The revaluation should have had wider implications than that.

The general public should have been able to see past the political rhetoric on both sides and realize that the big businesses/conglomerates that were the biggest users of Forex were also the ones that generated little in return. This is not something that came to fruition in the short term - Its implications are now being felt because our main Forex generator is no longer there to buffer the abuse (at least for now). As a population we needed to take a hard look at our selves and our consumption patterns but also to press out institutions for better management and regulation of the fx supply.

But to say that only the mind of a simpleton would be bowled over by the revaluation is a simplistic statement in itself.

To also try to establish a causal link between changes in the system and forex shortage is an unjustified statement- The shortage has a lot more to do with falling resource prices than anything else (the changes in the system may also have been a contributor) but the shortage is still very much present and can be accurately proxied by the FX rates

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 29th, 2016, 10:49 am

Lance we both know better as per our discussions in other places, I just love playing to the sycophantic rhetoric of both sides, it's what fuels ppl like ZR, here is not the place for intelligent dispassionate discourse the inherent biases are too deeply ingrained.

As for the changes, there are subtle financial polices at play to enact the changes from the supply side and thus change the demand side, its either you pay a premium or change your buying habits Obviously those can't be stated openly owing to those who oppose for opposing sake. As for your last post you're correct but see above to understand my motive, you know me and my knowledge of economics better than that to even reply to my post :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » June 29th, 2016, 10:57 am

eliteauto wrote:Lance we both know better as per our discussions in other places, I just love playing to the sycophantic rhetoric of both sides, it's what fuels ppl like ZR, here is not the place for intelligent dispassionate discourse the inherent biases are too deeply ingrained.

As for the changes, there are subtle financial polices at play to enact the changes from the supply side and thus change the demand side, its either you pay a premium or change your buying habits Obviously those can't be stated openly owing to those who oppose for opposing sake. As for your last post you're correct but see above to understand my motive, you know me and my knowledge of economics better than that to even reply to my post :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol, fair enough. I understand.

It's taking me a while to learn that objective discussion isn't possible of these forums.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 29th, 2016, 10:58 am

no it isn't

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 29th, 2016, 12:19 pm

eliteauto wrote:Lance we both know better as per our discussions in other places, I just love playing to the sycophantic rhetoric of both sides, it's what fuels ppl like ZR, here is not the place for intelligent dispassionate discourse the inherent biases are too deeply ingrained.

Nice so PNM financiers get an open key to US while citizens are restricted to less that 200US

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » June 29th, 2016, 12:29 pm

lol only you ZR only you

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 29th, 2016, 1:39 pm

The 7% tax will cure all that ails us :roll: :roll: Misguided civil engineer FTMFL!

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 30th, 2016, 8:16 am

Ey Malcom Jones resign! Happy days ahead!

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 30th, 2016, 9:41 am

drchaos wrote:Ey Malcom Jones resign! Happy days ahead!

He took the easy way out, don't think PNM wanted to defend him any further

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 30th, 2016, 10:36 am

The way I look at it is at least he is gone. With the craziness that went on already at least we won't be subject to anymore.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » June 30th, 2016, 12:10 pm

drchaos wrote:The way I look at it is at least he is gone. With the craziness that went on already at least we won't be subject to anymore.

Yeah but Ken Julian still hanging around and milking the PNM gravy train

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » June 30th, 2016, 12:27 pm

drchaos wrote:The way I look at it is at least he is gone. With the craziness that went on already at least we won't be subject to anymoreFROM HIM..

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 30th, 2016, 1:23 pm

rspann wrote:
drchaos wrote:The way I look at it is at least he is gone. With the craziness that went on already at least we won't be subject to anymoreFROM HIM..

LOL! Thanks for the correction!

GixxerMan
Sweet on this forum

Postby GixxerMan » June 30th, 2016, 6:06 pm

drchaos wrote:Ey Malcom Jones resign! Happy days ahead!

for who?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 30th, 2016, 9:38 pm

Everyone except Malcom Jones?

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » June 30th, 2016, 9:49 pm

The IMF is now a PNM propoganda mouth piece!

"THE International Monetary Fund (IMF) is forecasting an economic turnaround in Trinidad and Tobago next year.
And it is basing that forecast, not primarily on better oil and gas prices or production but on its confidence in the Government."

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160630 ... -next-year

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » June 30th, 2016, 11:43 pm

drchaos wrote:The IMF is now a PNM propoganda mouth piece!

"THE International Monetary Fund (IMF) is forecasting an economic turnaround in Trinidad and Tobago next year.
And it is basing that forecast, not primarily on better oil and gas prices or production but on its confidence in the Government."

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20160630 ... -next-year

Real Anchor sharing here.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 1st, 2016, 1:07 am

What I doh understand is in what sectors they expect the economy to grow?

Anyone have any info on what the PNM has actually done to grow the economy by the end of next year? All I have seen is so far is them trying to balance the budget by raising taxes and reducing subsidies.

Or is the IMF smoking crack again?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 1st, 2016, 2:01 am

drchaos wrote:What I doh understand is in what sectors they expect the economy to grow?

Anyone have any info on what the PNM has actually done to grow the economy by the end of next year? All I have seen is so far is them trying to balance the budget by raising taxes and reducing subsidies.

Or is the IMF smoking crack again?

Nope they have done nothing, not even a single achievement. Except speeding fines

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » July 1st, 2016, 6:59 am

Maybe the people at the IMF puts value on restraint,sober decision making and a govt that isn't spending in a profligate manner.

Agree with what they doing or not....the environment can't be described as easy.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » July 1st, 2016, 7:52 am

Still don't see the correlation between attempting to balance the budget and somehow go from -2 to +2 percent growth in a year.

Also our public debt is now at much higher levels ... again not blaming the PNM alone here some of it is inherited.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » July 1st, 2016, 8:06 am

How far along was the WGTL plant based on the expenditure so far?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » July 1st, 2016, 9:14 am

according to NiQuan the plant is at 85% completion and would be up and running in 18-24 months

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » July 1st, 2016, 9:57 am

Whether you like it or not Sandals is coming

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » July 1st, 2016, 9:58 am

^ this hour u starting work?

Lance
punchin NOS

Postby Lance » July 1st, 2016, 10:03 am

Bloggers haffi blog...both sides seem to be ramping it up. ZR on overtime as well

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”