Forums

Owners of LG G4

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

chief_of_sTAFf
Ricer

Owners of LG G4

Postby chief_of_sTAFf » March 16th, 2016, 11:48 am

Hi folks...if you bought a G4 before September last year, its possible your phone is part of a batch that suddenly starts bootlooping and you can't do anything but take it into LG for replacement. Serial numbers (under the battery) that start with 509 or before...are at risk.

Anyway just want to know if anyone has experienced that already and what you did with the phone.

I am currently trying to see where I need to ship the phone to, to get it replaced.

LG contacted me and gave me a phone number that doesn't work and a repair centre that no longer deals with LG...so waiting on their reply again.

dreadman
Chronic TriniTuner

Re: Owners of LG G4

Postby dreadman » March 16th, 2016, 11:08 pm

battery bad.......happens with some samsung phones as well

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » March 16th, 2016, 11:17 pm

Check my poll here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/gene ... e-t3303547

Phone is great... But really luck of the draw. I have a h815 that I bought from a reputable power seller last August. It's a 506 and no problems so far

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » March 16th, 2016, 11:41 pm

dreadman wrote:battery bad.......happens with some samsung phones as well

No. It's not. It's a motherboard issue.

chief_of_sTAFf
Ricer

Postby chief_of_sTAFf » March 17th, 2016, 8:20 am

S_2NR wrote:
dreadman wrote:battery bad.......happens with some samsung phones as well

No. It's not. It's a motherboard issue.

Correct....it was easy to rule out the battery.

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » March 17th, 2016, 9:12 am

i was told it was a bug. anyway mines doesnt have that problem ( its a 506 ) but my gf's cousin his keeps going into the loop...he opted to buy a v10 :/. the problem im getting with mines is whenever im taking pictures at night after i look at the images all the info that is to the top of the fone i.e signal, notification icons etc. they come out on the image with a very low opacity and sort of burnt orange/red in hue :/ ....anyone else took photos of the night sky as yet ?
Attachments
snapseed-05-01edit2.jpg
snapseed-09 edit.jpg

Krakkle
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Krakkle » March 17th, 2016, 10:01 am

Mine is "503 KPJ......." but the problem is the screen sometimes locks-up and non-responsive to touches. Have to remove battery to reset and it's ok again. Wonder if that 's a factory defect too?

Should I return directly to LG or to seller on Amazon? Will observe device for any deterioration in performance.

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » March 17th, 2016, 1:57 pm

now that you mentioned that...couple times my phone didnt want to end a call...the other person would end the call and the connection wont be there...but my phone would still say its on the call...only way to get out of it is to remove the battery...not even locking the phone helps... :/ slowly wanting to go back to iphone

chief_of_sTAFf
Ricer

Postby chief_of_sTAFf » March 17th, 2016, 3:24 pm

@BoostJunkieXL never heard of that problem before. Camera was impeccable for me.

@Krakkle never experienced that either.

Took the phone into Techcom, right next to Hazena's just off the highway. Waiting to hear back from them.

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » March 19th, 2016, 3:20 am

BoostJunkieXL wrote:now that you mentioned that...couple times my phone didnt want to end a call...the other person would end the call and the connection wont be there...but my phone would still say its on the call...only way to get out of it is to remove the battery...not even locking the phone helps... :/ slowly wanting to go back to iphone

Had this sometimes since marshmallow update.... Happens usually when I have poor signal.
Restart fixes it

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » March 24th, 2016, 7:40 pm

Any updates? Having the same issue with mine....looking for a motherboard to buy but no luck so far.

chief_of_sTAFf
Ricer

Postby chief_of_sTAFf » March 24th, 2016, 7:53 pm

Call Techcomm - 366-1644

I'm calling them Tuesday for an update on mine.

D Diesel Report
Trinituner Peong

Postby D Diesel Report » March 25th, 2016, 12:42 am

Same issue. I sent mine back to LG in the states to get a free replacement. Good phone and I don't want to get a Samsung crap phone to replace it.

kerwinishere
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby kerwinishere » March 25th, 2016, 12:04 pm

chief_of_sTAFf wrote:Call Techcomm - 366-1644

When you call them, please give an update on whether or not they're able to fix it

DVSTT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby DVSTT » April 10th, 2016, 8:50 am

Guys I've got a us991 g4 and it won't connect to bmobile data network. Is there a fix for this? If not, how do I return it from Trinidad to amazon? Will I have to repay all the duties and taxes if Amazon sneds a replacement?

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 10th, 2016, 8:50 am

Guys I've got a us991 g4 and it won't connect to bmobile data network. Is there a fix for this? If not, how do I return it from Trinidad to amazon? Will I have to repay all the duties and taxes if Amazon sneds a replacement?

chief_of_sTAFf
Ricer

Postby chief_of_sTAFf » April 10th, 2016, 11:42 am

not familiar with us991 - is it gsm? did you bring it in through a skybox? Check with them and see if they can send it back to amazon. they would also know if you will have to pay duties and taxes again, although I doubt it.

DVSTT wrote:Guys I've got a us991 g4 and it won't connect to bmobile data network. Is there a fix for this? If not, how do I return it from Trinidad to amazon? Will I have to repay all the duties and taxes if Amazon sneds a replacement?

chief_of_sTAFf
Ricer

Postby chief_of_sTAFf » April 10th, 2016, 11:44 am

Yes they are fixing it. They confirmed it is the main board. I don't yet know when I'm getting it back but it is under warranty.

kerwinishere wrote:
chief_of_sTAFf wrote:Call Techcomm - 366-1644

When you call them, please give an update on whether or not they're able to fix it

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 10th, 2016, 12:09 pm

chief_of_sTAFf wrote:not familiar with us991 - is it gsm? did you bring it in through a skybox? Check with them and see if they can send it back to amazon. they would also know if you will have to pay duties and taxes again, although I doubt it.

DVSTT wrote:Guys I've got a us991 g4 and it won't connect to bmobile data network. Is there a fix for this? If not, how do I return it from Trinidad to amazon? Will I have to repay all the duties and taxes if Amazon sneds a replacement?

It's GSM. It works perfectly, makes/receives calls etc, just it won't work with bmobile data for some reason. Model # US991. It didn't come through skybox.

chief_of_sTAFf
Ricer

Postby chief_of_sTAFf » April 10th, 2016, 12:38 pm

if the bands are correct then it should work. did you check the APN settings with bmobile? Also try a digicel sim and see if you get that to work.

DVSTT wrote:
chief_of_sTAFf wrote:not familiar with us991 - is it gsm? did you bring it in through a skybox? Check with them and see if they can send it back to amazon. they would also know if you will have to pay duties and taxes again, although I doubt it.

It's GSM. It works perfectly, makes/receives calls etc, just it won't work with bmobile data for some reason. Model # US991. It didn't come through skybox.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 10th, 2016, 4:12 pm

chief_of_sTAFf wrote:if the bands are correct then it should work. did you check the APN settings with bmobile? Also try a digicel sim and see if you get that to work.

DVSTT wrote:

Yup, was on the phone with them over 3 times trying everything. Don't have a digi sim to try. Tried 2 other bmobile Sims though. Apparently it's a marshmallow update issue.

S_2NR
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby S_2NR » April 10th, 2016, 4:49 pm

You need to return that and buy the international version of the g4. Reputable eBay sellers have it at about 3 something

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » April 10th, 2016, 8:46 pm

DVSTT wrote:
chief_of_sTAFf wrote:if the bands are correct then it should work. did you check the APN settings with bmobile? Also try a digicel sim and see if you get that to work.

DVSTT wrote:

Yup, was on the phone with them over 3 times trying everything. Don't have a digi sim to try. Tried 2 other bmobile Sims though. Apparently it's a marshmallow update issue.

HSDPA bands are the same on all g4 models I think....Its the LTE bands that are different
Sounds like an apn setting is wrong man....check it again...even one typo will stop it from logging in
I have a h815 G4 and it works on digicel (have to enter apn settings manually)
Or try a friend's sim,,,,bmobile could be screwing you over on their side
Havent tried on bmobile

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 10th, 2016, 9:18 pm

novastar1 wrote:
DVSTT wrote:

DVSTT wrote:

HSDPA bands are the same on all g4 models I think....Its the LTE bands that are different
Sounds like an apn setting is wrong man....check it again...even one typo will stop it from logging in
I have a h815 G4 and it works on digicel (have to enter apn settings manually)
Or try a friend's sim,,,,bmobile could be screwing you over on their side
Havent tried on bmobile

Name was set to POSTPAID DATA
APN was internet.
Everything else was left stock. That's what bmobile told me to use. Idk what's up with the phone, but it seems to be a common issue with the 6.0 update cuz its coming up when I Google but no fixes are listed. :(

chief_of_sTAFf
Ricer

Postby chief_of_sTAFf » April 10th, 2016, 9:56 pm

Check the APN settings with a friend who has a bmobile phone.

Did you do the MM update yourself (manually) or was it an OTA update?

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 10th, 2016, 11:23 pm

:agrue:
chief_of_sTAFf wrote:Check the APN settings with a friend who has a bmobile phone.

As soon as it powered on it updated to MM, I did nothing manually except check for.more updates. I'm carrying it into a bmobile place to see if they can help me out.

novastar1
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby novastar1 » April 11th, 2016, 1:32 am

DVSTT wrote::agrue:
chief_of_sTAFf wrote:Check the APN settings with a friend who has a bmobile phone.

As soon as it powered on it updated to MM, I did nothing manually except check for.more updates. I'm carrying it into a bmobile place to see if they can help me out.

Does that data sim of yours work in another phone?

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 11th, 2016, 6:38 am

novastar1 wrote:
DVSTT wrote::agrue:

Does that data sim of yours work in another phone?

Yes, both Sims I tried work in other phones.

DVSTT

Postby DVSTT » April 11th, 2016, 8:52 am

Is there any way to fix this? I see online people say something about a profile.update works, but I'm not.seeing the option.

BoostJunkieXL
Sweet on this forum

Postby BoostJunkieXL » April 11th, 2016, 12:36 pm

anyone else experiencing a sort of burnt image of the background app or homescreen whenever an app is opened...for instance if i have one app open or lets say my camera i can see the signal and battery power and notifications slightly but its a sort of burnt orange hue.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”