Forums

BED MATTRESS...

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

RedVEVO
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: BED MATTRESS...

Postby RedVEVO » November 6th, 2020, 4:52 pm

screwbash wrote:jus doh go to no furniture place that say u get someting plus with the furniture. i buy a king from them, they sen the wrong ting, back and forth finally get change and 8 months after base break and dey saying its my fault. i open up and is box board in dey.

What did you expect inside ?

Most of the base you buy today are extremely cheap in construction .

PM and I will give you a number to call - privately :D

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 6th, 2020, 5:50 pm

Last edited by bluefete on November 6th, 2020, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » November 6th, 2020, 5:52 pm

You seem like a US based company?

Is that correct?

CarolBurnett wrote:It is never a disgrace to utilize tricks that are in vogue and rich for they are in reality shockers and eye-catchers that give extravagance in each room. , the online business source of Vicera Enterprises, Inc., a properly enlisted partnership, offers a wide assortment of excellent sheet material and extras for each room in your home. It conveys basic and vivid materials, trendy covers, ordinary sofa-beds with self corded edge finish, and so forth, refreshing pads, lovely pad cases and other bed accessories. We have been furnishing purchasers with solidness and solace at sensible costs. Does anyone know what is a sham bedding ?
https://www.pushplinen.com/blog/what-is-a-pillow-sham-bedding/

4kin4kar
Sweet on this forum

Postby 4kin4kar » November 7th, 2020, 11:37 am

Prices smart serta are no good, the springs get dead very fast and it hurts your back, spend your money on something that supports you, I'm 155 lbs and honesty I am fed up of those sertas. Need a firm mattress that supports you. A good night rest is key to a productive and pain free day.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 7th, 2020, 12:00 pm

Best mattress is the coconut husk mattress.

But good luck finding one and who makes them . It's a lost art from the old folk

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » November 7th, 2020, 1:10 pm

I asking a serious question here

who here ever sleep in a handmade den?

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » November 9th, 2020, 4:18 pm

Conspiracy theorists. Hold up

Advanced Foam is the leading mattress producer in the Caribbean. The basis of any good mattress is the quality of the springs used and the combination and placement of the foam sheets and blocks.Seta is a leading brand and in all brands there is a price difference for a better quality mattress. Sera International does quality checks.

Furniture Plus is the store front for the company but they hardly qualify as a high turnover seller. Only time they got their prices based on negotiated price points. But the premium mattresses would go to other vendors.

Personally I always check Furniture Plus for my mattress.

Very good mattresses are made in Trinidad . Memory foam is incorporated into many models.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 13th, 2021, 3:10 am

bumping this ched... looking to replace my bed frame and mattress from full to queen size. initially i was looking at a bed with flip-up foot storage (not pull out drawers) but i think i'll be limiting myself with a good bed frame. was looking at this bed from courts.

any recommendations on a decent mattress, bed frame, foot end storage, and where to get it from?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 13th, 2021, 7:17 am

st7 wrote:bumping this ched... looking to replace my bed frame and mattress from full to queen size. initially i was looking at a bed with flip-up foot storage (not pull out drawers) but i think i'll be limiting myself with a good bed frame. was looking at this bed from courts.

any recommendations on a decent mattress, bed frame, foot end storage, and where to get it from?
Go by Lensyl.Check out their show room

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » November 13th, 2021, 9:43 am

st7 wrote:bumping this ched... looking to replace my bed frame and mattress from full to queen size. initially i was looking at a bed with flip-up foot storage (not pull out drawers) but i think i'll be limiting myself with a good bed frame. was looking at this bed from courts.

Check furniture plus, they have real good service

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 13th, 2021, 11:25 am

thanks times and money.

any specific brands i should stay away from or gravitate to?

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » November 13th, 2021, 11:41 am

st7 wrote:thanks times and money.

Serta and sealy are the two most common ones furniture plus has. Actually I think that's the only brands they have.

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » November 13th, 2021, 11:43 am

They also have Therapedic

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 13th, 2021, 11:52 am

reading thru this ched and a couple others... i see men have very mixed views about Sealy lol.

you guys would recommend memory foam or spring?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 13th, 2021, 12:23 pm

st7 wrote:thanks times and money.

Stay TF away from Vicmol.Terrible experience with them , multiple times

Mmoney607
30 pounds of Boost

Postby Mmoney607 » November 13th, 2021, 1:25 pm

st7 wrote:reading thru this ched and a couple others... i see men have very mixed views about Sealy lol.

Memory foam. If you want real good thing, don't buy a pillow top or eurotop. The experts could way in on that statement.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 13th, 2021, 1:30 pm

Mmoney607 wrote:
st7 wrote:reading thru this ched and a couple others... i see men have very mixed views about Sealy lol.

Memory foam. If you want real good thing, don't buy a pillow top or eurotop. The experts could way in on that statement.

the only brand i seeing Lensyl advertising on their website is All Nite. i think i'm leaning more into the memory foam too.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 13th, 2021, 2:17 pm

I would recommend a Sealy mattress.

We upgraded our mattress three years ago and also bought the motorised and adjustable bedframe where the head and foot can lift.

One of the best decisions made.

Furniture plus is the store for Advance Foam. However, we got the same mattress and base at Fens sleep store in Marabella for about 2k less. Plus we got a discount.

Ours was king.

If you have access to a good joiner and cupboard man, buy the adjustable base and mattress and then make your own Frame, bedhead and foot to suit your needs.
Last edited by carluva on November 13th, 2021, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 13th, 2021, 2:21 pm

Regarding memory foam Vs spring, the Sealy mattress is a hybrid. Meaning it has coils but has a very thick padded layer that mimics the memory foam.

We found that the memory foam was too dense and too warm plus it is also heavy which makes a simple task such as making the bed a chore with that added weight. Plus, regardless of what is said, after prolonged use, the memory foam actually does not bounce back. So impressions are left over time.

The coil beds are better IMO but the hybrid is superior that coils alone.

Ask for a Sealy hybrid mattress and try it out.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 13th, 2021, 2:28 pm

carluva wrote:Regarding memory foam Vs spring, the Sealy mattress is a hybrid. Meaning it has coils but has a very thick padded layer that mimics the memory foam.

We found that the memory foam was too dense and too warm plus it is also heavy which makes a simple task such as making the bed a chore with that added weight. Plus, regardless of what is said, after prolonged use, the memory foam actually does not bounce back. So impressions are left over time.

oh wow... thanks... i'll definitely check it out. and Fens for sure.

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » November 13th, 2021, 5:19 pm

carluva wrote:Regarding memory foam Vs spring, the Sealy mattress is a hybrid. Meaning it has coils but has a very thick padded layer that mimics the memory foam.

I second this.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 13th, 2021, 9:03 pm

i tried the Sealy hybrid today. have to say it felt weird lol i have a spring mattress nuh

i cant say it wow'd me but it is pricey! the Restonic ones seem comfy but i realise no one mentioned those ...so i thinking to stay away lol

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 13th, 2021, 9:25 pm

Gopaul luck isn't Seepaul luck.

The Sealy hybrid works well for us. But a mattress is an important investment. A bad mattress equates to poor sleep and vice versa for a good mattress.

We have some Serta coil mattresses in other rooms. They are also quite comfortable.

My advice to you is to get a mattress you are comfortable with. Shop around and sample them. Don't rush this decision. We took almost a month before settling on the Sealy hybrid. Some were comfortable but we opted for the hybrid as this works well with the adjustable base which does well for reading and watching TV.

Keep to the better brands and avoid foam at all costs.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 13th, 2021, 9:42 pm

carluva wrote:Gopaul luck isn't Seepaul luck.

The Sealy hybrid works well for us. But a mattress is an important investment. A bad mattress equates to poor sleep and vice versa for a good mattress.

We have some Serta coil mattresses in other rooms. They are also quite comfortable.

My advice to you is to get a mattress you are comfortable with. Shop around and sample them. Don't rush this decision. We took almost a month before settling on the Sealy hybrid. Some were comfortable but we opted for the hybrid as this works well with the adjustable base which does well for reading and watching TV.

Keep to the better brands and avoid foam at all costs.

yeah i not gonna cheap out on a mattress. it's a good investment. i'm heading lensyl, standards and furniture plus tmr. fens some other time. i found a nice bed frame in Ashley's (without storage) and it have me thinking i doh want storage anymore hahaha

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 14th, 2021, 8:59 am

All dealers locally will sell the same mattresses.

Any Sealy, Serta or Therapedic you see in a store is made by Advance Foam. None of those mattresses are imported as Advance Foam has the licenses to make those mattresses locally.

Any Lensyl line mattresses are, well, made by Lensyl. The exception is Tempur, which is imported by Lensyl.

Here's a catch. Ten years ago when buying two new Serta mattresses, I noticed that different places had what appeared to be the same mattress but with a different model number. When I enquired at Furniture Plus (who is Advance Foam's store front) I was told that this was done intentionally to separate Furniture Plus' products from the others. But, fundamentally, for mattresses which looked the same but had different model numbers, they were actually the same. At that time I ended up buying at Furniture Plus and didn't bother shopping around too much. The same happened about 4 years ago when we bought two more new mattresses, this time Sealy.

We have two normal coil Serta, two normal coil Sealy and the hybrid Sealy. The two Serta are on their way out as kids used them as trampolines too many times. They work for them as they are small but probably next year I'll change them.

All our mattresses are comfortable though. The hybrid was designed to work with the adjustable base. If there was a cheaper one for the base, we'd have definitely buy that.

Personally, we've found the Sealy to be superior to the Serta, but YMMV. Good luck with the shopping around.

carluva
Shifting into 6th

Postby carluva » November 14th, 2021, 9:03 am

Oh yes, on the Ashley furniture... We have some Ashley pieces. They are nice but not wood. Most pieces are actually laminated wood. So over time the top layer delaminates.

Price wise I think you can get better furniture made by a good joiner. I had my joiner make two beds with storage drawers in the base. Used teak and these beds are far better than any Ashley bed.

st7
punchin NOS

Postby st7 » November 14th, 2021, 9:58 pm

thanks for the feedback.

i popped in Furniture Plus, Lensyl, and Standards today

Tempur medium feel--- damn!!! some good sheit but way too expensive for my taste -- 11500 queen size but 10% off... and the adjustable base... 10000... if was ballin, well i was getting that lol.

FP had both Sealy and Serta and i found the Serta Pillow top was more comfortable for me than the euro top... but when i was at Lensyl i really enjoyed the hi density foam mattresses (mi dream). the all night premium+ high density was nice too. and you're supposed to flip the foam mattresses every 3 months according to the sales guy there. but idk if it was me lying down on all the mattresses but the Eurotop serta mattresses started to feel more comfy to me. a lil conflicted now haha.

Bed frame wise -- lensyl i mostly wrought iron. FP is mostly old fashioned pieces, similar to courts... but Ashley's take win with contemporary design. Still have to hit Fens.

DMan7
punchin NOS

Postby DMan7 » November 14th, 2021, 10:04 pm

Stay the hell away from Furniture Plus they sell sub standard goods, bought quite a few stuff from them in the past and they all broke down and gotten defective within a year from normal usage. I got suckered in by how cheap their prices are.

gastly369
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby gastly369 » November 14th, 2021, 10:32 pm

Sealy was the worst mattress had..
Good for the first year and then turned into a hammock

Have a lensyl now lets see how it goes so far better sleep and no sinking

2ndchance
Sweet on this forum

Postby 2ndchance » November 15th, 2021, 3:17 pm

Is Serta spinal care elite euro pillow top mattress good?

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”