IADB to fund building Toco to Valencia Highway

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

francis1979
Chronic TriniTuner

IADB to fund building Toco to Valencia Highway

Postby francis1979 » March 28th, 2019, 7:55 pm

Project Background

The Valencia to Toco Road Upgrade project runs along Valencia Main Road from Valencia Junction to Toco Main Road and will be completed in 24 months covering a distance of 12.4 km.

It will facilitate greater connectivity between Matura, Salybia, Rampanalgas, Cumana, Sans Souci, Grande Riviere, Paria and Matelot.

The project is part of Government’s larger vision to stimulate new industrial, residential and commercial development in the entire North East region of Trinidad.

The Valencia Main Road was identified as a key segment in the road network linking the village of Valencia to the proposed Toco Highway and the Churchill Roosevelt Highway Extension to Manzanilla Highway via Ojoe Road connector to allow for greater connectivity and increasing capacity.

All of the upgrade works will be carried out by the PURE Unit, Ministry of Works and Transport, and includes: all engineering designs, construction supervision and project management services in house providing significant cost savings.

OFFICIAL NAME OF PROJECT:

Construction of Valencia to Toco Road: Packages 1 to 8

PROJECT START DATE:

February 2019

PROJECT COMPLETION DATE:

Proposed: August 2020

PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION AGENCY:

Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency (PURE)

LOCATION OF PROJECT:

Valencia Junction to Toco Main Road

The project benefits:

· Improved accessibility- reduced travel time

· Increased potential for economic activity in general and local tourism

· Expansion of cottage industries

· Provision of a smooth riding surface

· Improved drainage system

· Improved sight distances

PURE’s scope of works for the Upgrade of Valencia Main Road is to be undertaken in 2 phases, namely:

• Phase I- 0 to 6 km

• Phase II- 6 km to 12 km

Phase 1 is separated into 4 packages which consist of:

The construction of a roundabout at Valencia Junction along with associated concrete and drainage works; Improvement of drainage network North of Valencia Junction

Milling and paving from the Intersection of Eastern Main Road and Toco Main Road to the 2km mark along the Toco Main Road; Construction of a car park inclusive of a perimeter fence and relocation of the vegetable stall

Road widening and reconstruction along with associated drainage works from the 2km mark to the 3.5km mark

Road widening and reconstruction along with associated drainage works from the 3.5km mark to the 5.0km mark inclusive of slope stabilization at 4.2km mark

Phase 2 is also separated into 4 packages which consist of:

Road widening and reconstruction along with associated drainage and concrete works from the 5km mark to the 6.5km mark along the Valencia Main Road; Construction of a roundabout at Chainage 5+950 to facilitate a controlled intersection in anticipation of the forthcoming Ojoe Connector Road

Road widening and reconstruction along with associated drainage and concrete works from the 6.5km mark to the 8km mark inclusive of slope stabilization at 6.6km mark

Road widening and reconstruction along with associated drainage works from the 8km mark to the 10km mark

Road widening and reconstruction along with associated drainage works from the 10km mark to the 12.4km.

https://www.opm.gov.tt/pm-rowley-turns- ... o-upgrade/

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: IADB to fund building Toco to Valencia Highway

Postby The_Honourable » March 28th, 2019, 8:40 pm

This is the best photo i can find for now. When i get updated photos i'll post.
Attachments
Packages Toco Project.png
Toco.jpg
Last edited by The_Honourable on January 24th, 2021, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » March 28th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Hear these gems at the opening ceremony from "Dress in the Dark" Roundabout Rohani.
"Don't let the Opposition stop the 196 million dollar project" :lol: and "the final cost will be known once the project is completed :roll:

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 15th, 2023, 10:21 pm

Toco road project 69% completed

Residents to benefit from drainage upgrades, slope stabilization

Beena Mahase - March 8, 2022 12:16 PM ET

The Valencia to Toco Road Upgrade Project undertaken by the Programme for Upgrading Roads Efficiency (P.U.R.E) Unit is currently 69% completed.

According to Programme Director Hayden Phillip, upon completion, the project will aim to “encourage economic activity, by the development of commercial, industrial and residential input in the area.”

He said the Valencia to Toco Road Upgrade Project is 12km long and starts at Valencia Junction and Eastern Main Road and ends at the Toco and Valencia Junction.

He said the project is divided into 8 packages and the scope of work includes road widening, drainage upgrades, major slopes stabilization and re-alignments.

He said work is also expected to take place on small bridges and pavements in the area as well.

Phillip explained that the project was divided into 8 phases to ensure the output “of the economic pie to a wider part of the community,”

“So instead of having one contractor, we have 8 contractors, so we have 8 contractors getting employment, getting piece of the economic pie rather than one person.”

In November 2016, Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley announced the construction of a Toco ferry port, which he said would bring great opportunities and generate economic growth to communities in the region.

To this end, Works and Transport Minister Rohan Sinanan had turned the sod in March 2018 for the construction of a $196 million road upgrade from Valencia to Toco, which will be used as the direct route to the port.

The road has also been identified as a key access road to the North East coast of Trinidad, facilitating access to the communities of Matura, Salybia, Rampanalgas, Cumana, Sans Souci, Grand Riviere, Paria and Matelot.

Source: https://tt.loopnews.com/content/toco-ro ... -completed

Valencia to Toco Upgrade Project overview

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » January 15th, 2023, 10:22 pm

Sinanan promises smooth driving to Toco by mid-February

There should be some smooth driving to Toco soon as the Ministry of Works and Transport hopes to open its first phase of the Valencia to Toco Roadway project by mid-February.

The first phase of the 40-km work stretches from Valencia Road to Toco Main Road.

Speaking to reporters in Princes Town on Saturday, Minister of Works and Transport Rohan Sinanan said the Ministry rebuilt the roadway to a highway standard single-lane road with shoulders, lights and other amenities.

“It took a little while because again COVID-19 and the weather pattern. Then going through the area, the challenge was to go through the land filled with water. We are hoping to have the segment completed and open by the middle of February,” Sinanan said.

More: https://www.cnc3.co.tt/sinanan-promises ... -february/

MaxPower
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby MaxPower » January 15th, 2023, 10:42 pm

Its always smooth driving until WASA….

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » May 26th, 2023, 8:16 pm

The completion of Phase 1 of the Valencia to Toco Highway, forms part of a larger vision to stimulate new industrial, residential, and commercial development along the Eastern quadrant.

This segment of the Highway will enhance connectivity for communities from Valencia to Matelot and will:
☑️Improve accessibility
☑️Reduce travel time
☑️Increase potential for economic activity
☑️Expand cottage industries

It is one of several strategic infrastructure projects that will expand, reshape and rebuild our road network.

Valencia to Toco… A New Road to Progress.

pugboy
TunerGod

Postby pugboy » May 26th, 2023, 8:23 pm

which roundabout that new road linking from?

cornfused
30 pounds of Boost

Postby cornfused » May 26th, 2023, 8:31 pm

The lady at the end saying welcome to my sweet community sells the best homemade ice-cream in TnT I think

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » May 26th, 2023, 8:43 pm

They have done some work up there that has improved the road conditions and travel time, I sent some of my team up to Matura last week and it was good

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 27th, 2023, 11:51 am

eliteauto wrote:They have done some work up there that has improved the road conditions and travel time, I sent some of my team up to Matura last week and it was good
What team?

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » May 27th, 2023, 11:56 am

pugboy wrote:which roundabout that new road linking from?

That new roundabout could take you to the hospital in grande(ojoe road)....hopefully they treat with all them pests in pine settlement

adnj
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby adnj » May 27th, 2023, 12:17 pm

Kickstart wrote:
eliteauto wrote:They have done some work up there that has improved the road conditions and travel time, I sent some of my team up to Matura last week and it was good
What team?
Old wounds never heal.

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 27th, 2023, 12:22 pm

Kickstart wrote:
What team?

Elite is head of the Mike men of Trinidad group.

u ever see them crews of fellas who does be in the cane field with their funeral mikes blasting out old school bhajans?

none of that would be possible without elite

Kickstart
Riding on 16's

Postby Kickstart » May 27th, 2023, 12:29 pm

Phone Surgeon wrote:
Kickstart wrote:
What team?

Elite is head of the Mike men of Trinidad group.

u ever see them crews of fellas who does be in the cane field with their funeral mikes blasting out old school bhajans?

none of that would be possible without elite
PNM don't like Mike men much for anything indian except for free indo foods

Chimera
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Chimera » May 27th, 2023, 12:36 pm

Pnm is owned by two Indians. Dey doh hadda like it.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”