TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Sat Maharaj - RIP

Postby bluefete » November 20th, 2019, 6:20 pm

For all the people still beating up"

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 20th, 2019, 6:25 pm

That pundit on foolishness with that statement.

Just because Growlers is PM, he MUST go to Sat funeral? Steupz...

Give Growlers credit, disingenuous or not he did send two representatives.

mero wrote:
The_Honourable wrote:Told you it would have gone nuclear.

Study on social media, the same people who called Sat Maharaj racist turn on their own and now calling academic and scholar Selwyn Cudjoe all kinds of derogatory names that i can't repeat here. Talk about hypocrisy.

It's ok to disagree with the man on the "T&T's Martin Luther King" comparison but weeyyyy sa...
Which article is this? Link?

https://trinidadexpress.com/news/local/ ... 91c0f.html

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 20th, 2019, 6:38 pm

was it last yr or yr b4 when sat had buff up kamla ?

good of her to not tote dem feelings & still attended his funeral ....

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 20th, 2019, 7:47 pm

careful who fills the void Sat left....

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » November 20th, 2019, 7:53 pm

The best is someone who not taking sheit from pnm society

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 8:06 pm

16 cycles wrote:careful who fills the void Sat left....
These ppl should not look for one person to fill that void.

It's time they all stand up to the PNM.
Ppl need to start demanding from the PNM and change the getto behaviour of the PNM folk

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 21st, 2019, 3:28 am

What I learned from the late Sat Maharaj
Vashti Bowlah

I can stand proud as a Hin­du woman to­day be­cause Mr Sat­narayan Ma­haraj paved the way for all Hin­dus through­out this twin-is­land Re­pub­lic, to ac­cept and em­brace who we are.

I heard Fitzger­ald Hinds say with ref­er­ence to the Cam­bridge An­a­lyt­i­ca claim, that cit­i­zens were be­ing spied on, that In­di­ans should be more con­cerned about these al­le­ga­tions be­cause we were born in­to tech­nol­o­gy while they are still learn­ing. This made no sense to me ei­ther way but was a con­fir­ma­tion of how In­di­ans are now per­ceived in this coun­try com­pared to decades ago when we were re­ferred to as il­le­git­i­mates who were be­ing ed­u­cat­ed in cow­sheds.

Dur­ing a pre­sen­ta­tion of his bi­og­ra­phy at the NGC Bo­cas Lit Fest South, in No­vem­ber 2014, Sat was asked by a mem­ber of the au­di­ence about his con­tri­bu­tion as Sec­re­tary Gen­er­al.

He re­spond­ed with can­did buoy­an­cy, that there was a time when young Hin­du girls were not al­lowed an ed­u­ca­tion, but to­day you can see these lit­tle In­di­an girls walk­ing through the cor­ri­dors of the hos­pi­tals with stetho­scopes hang­ing around their necks.

Our progress is a com­bi­na­tion of many fac­tors in­clud­ing strong fam­i­ly val­ues, cul­tur­al preser­va­tion and rais­ing our chil­dren to ap­pre­ci­ate what they have. It is even ev­i­dent in the ed­u­ca­tion sys­tem based on re­sults, that de­nom­i­na­tion­al schools are more suc­cess­ful be­cause God and fam­i­ly are a vi­tal part of the cur­ricu­lum.

If you have read Sat’s bi­og­ra­phy, you’ll ap­pre­ci­ate the many strug­gles and glar­ing dis­crim­i­na­tion that he was forced to bear be­cause of his re­li­gious be­liefs and re­fusal to bow to pres­sure. This cer­tain­ly must have been sim­i­lar to that ex­pe­ri­enced by the late Dr Er­ic Williams, when he spoke of his ex­pe­ri­ence of racism in his au­to­bi­og­ra­phy and the im­pact of it in his trav­els.

The sad re­al­i­ty is that per­sons tend to re­peat what oth­ers say with­out read­ing or lis­ten­ing to the facts be­fore form­ing their own opin­ions. Not once did Sat ever im­pose his be­liefs on oth­ers the way cer­tain sects con­tin­ue to do.

In­stead, he en­cour­aged Hin­dus to pre­serve their own cul­ture, be­liefs, re­li­gious prac­tices and tra­di­tions, which is quite frankly what he was en­trust­ed to do as Sec­re­tary-Gen­er­al of the Sanatan Dhar­ma Ma­ha Sab­ha. I al­so doubt, that any­one who has rant­ed against him can safe­ly say that he has nev­er des­e­crat­ed an­oth­er re­li­gion as op­posed to sim­ply de­fend­ing his own. In fact, he worked close­ly with the IRO to en­sure there was fair­ness and uni­ty across the coun­try.

It would be re­miss of me if I did not add my con­tri­bu­tion as we bid farewell to a great man who stood strong in his de­ter­mi­na­tion to ed­u­cate and up­lift the lives of his peo­ple while pre­serv­ing the world’s most an­cient sur­viv­ing re­li­gion.

All this with­out any po­lit­i­cal or per­son­al agen­das.

Now that he is gone, there are not many who can fill Sat’s well-worn san­dals; not even with a tight fit.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/opinion/what-i-learned-from-the-late-sat-maharaj-6.2.991108.822cd643a3

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 21st, 2019, 7:09 am

^^^ Fitzger­ald Hinds say they were born in­to tech­nol­o­gy while Indians still learn­ing?

Redman and eliteauto will put spin on this

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 21st, 2019, 7:14 am

Now that statement is a jackarse statement if he really said it.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 21st, 2019, 7:24 am

rspann wrote:Now that statement is a jackarse statement if he really said it.

Well it came from the Guardian and HInds is the lagoon man, even Eleitauto tried to defend that lagoon statement on tuner.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/opinion/what ... 822cd643a3

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 21st, 2019, 9:27 am

LOL-Hinds chanelling Sat Tobago statement?
So Hinds saying that Indians are more technologically inclined is insulting ?
To who?
I agree with spann-its a dumb thing to say

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 21st, 2019, 9:38 am

Redman wrote:LOL-Hinds chanelling Sat Tobago statement?
To who?
Yup spin

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 21st, 2019, 12:30 pm

I not really finding the actual quote from Hinds on what he said, just the 3rd party stating that he said that in the self-opinionated piece. Anyone care to share what he actually said in a quote?

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 21st, 2019, 12:41 pm

maj. tom wrote:I not really finding the actual quote from Hinds on what he said, just the 3rd party stating that he said that in the self-opinionated piece. Anyone care to share what he actually said in a quote?

Caution.
Discussing this in a factual realm will be categorized as spin...
I havent seen any thing either.

Blaze d Chalice
Riding on 17's

Postby Blaze d Chalice » November 21st, 2019, 12:48 pm

What exactly did uncle Fitz say?
Who is the 'we' and 'they' ?

Is the "We" referring to indian/hindu because the writer sound like a indian name and writing from her pov?

Or is she quoting Fitz, so the "We" becomes the non-indian/hindu?

Either way nothing making sense dey.

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 21st, 2019, 1:02 pm

zoom rader wrote:

Well it came from the Guardian and HInds is the lagoon man, even Eleitauto tried to defend that lagoon statement on tuner.

https://www.guardian.co.tt/opinion/what ... 822cd643a3

"The sad re­al­i­ty is that per­sons tend to re­peat what oth­ers say with­out read­ing or lis­ten­ing to the facts be­fore form­ing their own opin­ions" The irony :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 21st, 2019, 1:07 pm

Redman wrote:LOL-Hinds chanelling Sat Tobago statement?
To who?

I don't know if I got it right. I thought it was Hinds saying "we were born into tech, and the indians now learning" It could be the author saying it, but whoever , it's still a dumb statement.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 21st, 2019, 1:18 pm

maj. tom wrote:I not really finding the actual quote from Hinds on what he said, just the 3rd party stating that he said that in the self-opinionated piece. Anyone care to share what he actually said in a quote?

Then the Guardian printing untruths it appears

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » November 21st, 2019, 3:16 pm

Well, Hinds is a jackarse par excellence so................

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 22nd, 2019, 6:51 am

De amount of hate I see for Sat on social media, I swear de man murder people children. People sounding like de reason they fail in life, unemployed, can't afford food, their child is diligent, is all because of Sat Maharaj.

But I suspect it is probably a case of simple jealousy, because Sat did more for his people than anyone would do for other people, and his successes outweigh any negative thing people can say about him, simply because he got results. He struck that nerve in people opposed to him.

De amount of thing people does say on social media, does be 1000% worst than Sat and nobody ever complain, but the reason people hate him is because he didn't say he cared for his people like some others, and then did nothing. Sat went out and performed his duties like a true patriot, and performance beats BS everytime.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 22nd, 2019, 9:11 am

Its pure jealousy and what makes its worst is that sats people are on top of the education system and pulling the top jobs.

That glass ceiling set by the PNM in the past for jobs was challened in the courts.

40 years ago the civil service was mostly non Indos as a secret bar was set to keep them out. That was slowly eroded away over the years.

Selwyn Ryan did a report on this some years ago on employment in the civil service. After that report further steps was taken to keep Indos out from the top jobs by Patrick Manning. It's was education and the courts that brought Indos into the public service.

When Indos was pulling the majority of UWI places, PNM tired to get UWI to water the entry requirements into UWI for Africans. When that did not work they invented Costatt to gain entry to the civil service with water down courses and exams.

PNM argued that most Africans was rejected entry into UWI for pre med as mostly Indos was fulling those places.

Patrick Manning agian had concerns that Pt Lisas was employing mostly Indos and kept Africans for the lower jobs. This is how UTT came about to fill that gap. Then he made education free for all, agian Indos rushed and took up those places at education.

When that failed the secret scholarships was introduced for Africans.

After that means assetments was introduced and was aimed at making Indos pay. It was assumed Indos have money and can pay their own way.

Agian education is winning the war over PNM steps to keep Indos of top jobs.

Educated Indos don't really see no future in TT and most migrate for better opportunities and civil behaviour.

matr1x
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby matr1x » November 22nd, 2019, 9:18 am

bluefete wrote:For all the people still beating up"

It should offend.

They talk about racial unity only when talking about bulling indian girls. Not about wealth and financial distribution of wealth.

Miss me with that

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 22nd, 2019, 9:29 am

matr1x wrote:

It should offend.

They talk about racial unity only when talking about bulling indian girls. Not about wealth and financial distribution of wealth.

Miss me with that
That photo is non trini as it was pulled from the net.

Just look around and you will see it's the other way around.

It's mostly African women that are shacking up with indo men.

The surnames says it all. The injun surname is most popular name in trini.

African women are looking for security and Injun women looking for Brad Pitt or Sahruk Khan.

Indian women are little gold diggers

Education made Sada prices go up

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 22nd, 2019, 11:30 am

Bahahahahahahahahaaaaa

mrtrini45
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mrtrini45 » November 22nd, 2019, 11:37 am

zoom rader wrote:
matr1x wrote:

It should offend.

Miss me with that
That photo is non trini as it was pulled from the net.

Just look around and you will see it's the other way around.

It's mostly African women that are shacking up with indo men.

The surnames says it all. The injun surname is most popular name in trini.

African women are looking for security and Injun women looking for Brad Pitt or Sahruk Khan.

Indian women are little gold diggers

Education made Sada prices go up

True

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 22nd, 2019, 11:43 am

dat pic out on d interwebz so long but some asses [not u eh bluefete] with ill intentions sharing it all over fb trying to create strife & stir up race talk especially now dat elections looming & sat died

they doing like 1st time a african & Indian marrid or have a relationship when both races have been doing so for d past 100yrs

So many dougla ppl all over d place living normal productive lives , is not like now they arrived from a spaceship ....

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 22nd, 2019, 11:46 am

Rovin wrote:dat pic out on d interwebz so long but some asses [not u eh bluefete] with ill intentions sharing it all over fb trying to create strife & stir up race talk especially now dat elections looming & sat died

they doing like 1st time a african & Indian marrid or have a relationship when both races have been doing so for d past 100yrs

So many dougla ppl all over d place living normal productive lives , is not like now they arrived from a spaceship ....
Me ant care Pum Pum is Pum Pum and they all pink inside.

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 22nd, 2019, 11:59 am

matr1x wrote:

It should offend.

Miss me with that

People ain't go talk about fairness when it comes to the distribution of HDC housing or the racial imbalance in the police and military forces. Same way they want to remove the word "Indian" from indian arrival day. Is always one side hadda give up everything to please the other group, and if ya disagree, then you racist.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » November 22nd, 2019, 12:11 pm

vaiostation wrote:
matr1x wrote:

It should offend.

Miss me with that

People ain't go talk about fairness when it comes to the distribution of HDC housing or the racial imbalance in the police and military forces. Same way they want to remove the word "Indian" from indian arrival day. Is always one side hadda give up everything to please the other group, and if ya disagree, then you racist.

there is no racial imbalance within ttps/military...simply put: majority of afro trinis doh really see beyond cxc or maybe cape...only place you can end up with 5 subjects is ttps/military.....people beating up about Sat because he fought for Indos and them being educated under cowsheds....but no1 didn't really stand up for afro trinis......Indian people just make the best of what ever opportunity is given to them.....just look at uwi medical faculty or even law school...it is not about race (the information and stats are there to show it is not race)..

wrt to Indos and HDC housing: most Indian people like to buy land for their children as soon as they born...When the child is of age, they just build a house to suit their wants.....I know for a fact, at least 80% would stay in they moda house until they can build their own home as opposed to renting or staying in a HDC place.....this is not race, but facts...

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 22nd, 2019, 12:50 pm

^^^ Army is still reserved for non Indos bro.

They say injun too weak tobe soliders and can't take the physical training. They even said injun have no bush sense when in the forest.

The police and fire service has changed over the years to accept them.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”