Sat Maharaj - RIP

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Sat Maharaj - The only Troll without a keyboard

Postby desifemlove » July 15th, 2016, 1:05 pm

j.o.e wrote:
Redman wrote:Sat free to say what he wants-I dont see what relevance what he has to say has on anything.

If he dont say sheeit no one will know he alive.

This ...... Sat is the equivalent of any random person in the rum shop or by the doubles stand. They're free to have an opinion but no one should really care. I'm yet to have a clear understanding of who he represents or who are his supporters.
If Sat thinks the man was racist it's fine by me , he's entitled to his opinion and people are entitled to disagree.

what to him is racism? does he have evidence of bias or discrimination? how come ALL PMs are deemed racist by some? poltiics in T&T is a laugh full of hypocrisy and counter-acusations on BOTH sides. like dis ting wit commissrioner of police. BOTH sides had chance, and now UNC saying PNM "wrong' to change ting and not appoint. was UNC/she asleep between 2010-2015, or was a doppelganger in office?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » July 15th, 2016, 1:10 pm

desifemlove wrote:
Morpheus wrote:I said broadcast license. Not radio specifically...
So Indian Muslim on TV but they eh want Indian Hindu on radio.....

Racist basterds...

did aakash vani or 103fm come in under UNC or PNM??? i does tink under the supposed "racist" deceased former PM.

You need to ask PNM financiers, I believe they own those station and see it as a business . Whereas Sat and his group own their station

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » July 15th, 2016, 1:19 pm

i forgot, didn't the same racist man who now deceased give him his license to operate??

forgot about IETV, WIN TV, there are more Indo-based networks than any other race, many of which got licences in "late racist PM's" tenure.

Sat can say what the firetruck he likes, all he says is spurious opinion without any fact to back it up, and people say it "free speech" when nobody has or will lock him up for saying ting. i can say "beef is better meat than pork..." so what? opinions like arseholes, we all have have.

mrtrini45
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mrtrini45 » July 15th, 2016, 1:55 pm

desifemlove wrote:i forgot, didn't the same racist man who now deceased give him his license to operate??

he did not just give him just so the matter ended up in court

http://legacy.guardian.co.tt/archives/2 ... 3/sat.html

Thursday 13th July 2006

Radio licence not enough

In rapid succession two of the nation’s courts have ruled that the Maha Sabha and by extension the broader Hindu community have for years been denied their fundamental rights.

Before these rulings, whenever we drew public attention to acts of discrimination by the State or its agencies, we were accused of formenting strife and division in T&T.

Dr Hollis Liverpool, also known as Chalkdust, the calypsonian, tells us he is an associate professor of history at the University of the Virgin Islands in St Thomas. This calypsonian turned historian, commenting on the judgment of Justice Jamadar in what is now known as the Trinity Cross matter, wrote:

“The wiles of Sat Maharaj have been extended to our courts of law to test the application of the Trinity Cross as an award for all citizens.”

The use of the word “wiles” suggests that the Maha Sabha and our famous lawyers somehow misled the courts.

Justice Peter Jamadar in his ruling stated:

“Were it not for the arguments that will be dealt with shortly under the savings of existing law submission of the respondent, this court would have given serious consideration to the section 14 (2) constitutional mandate to grant relief as is appropriate to enforce, secure and protect the rights and freedoms of the applicants that have been abridged by the creation and continued existence of the award of the Trinity Cross.”

If according to Chalkdust I used my “wiles” in the Jamadar court, I draw readers’ attention to what is now known as the Maha Sabha radio appeal to the Privy Council.

This matter was heard at our nation’s highest court, which is located at Downing Street, London. It was heard by the Lords of the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council comprising Lord Hoffmann, Lord Hope of Craighead, Lord Hutton, Lord Brown of Eaton-under-Heywood and Lord Mance.

This historic judgment noted:

“The Minister of Science, Technology and Tertiary Education from December 2001 was Hedwidge Bereaux. In a media conference on August 1, 2002, Mr Bereaux stated that Citadel had applied for its licence on March 13, 2001. A search of the Companies Registry showed the appellants that Citadel was only incorporated on August 28, 2001.”

The judgment continued:

“The appellants in these circumstances began proceedings on August 16, 2002, against the Attorney General, being the appropriate representative of the Sate for that purpose under section 76 (2) of the Constitution of T&T.”

The Lords noted our allegations that “the present administration arbitrarily and quickly awarded a radio licence to Citadel Ltd in disregard of other applicants whose applications had been pending and were first in time.

“They claimed declarations that they had been denied equality of treatment contrary to section 4 (b) and (d) of the Constitution and that their right to freedom of conscience, religious belief and observance and to freedom of thought and expression had been denied contrary to section 4 (h) and (i) of the Constitution.

“They sought an order directing the grant of licences or such further orders and directions as might be necessary and appropriate.”

What is clear from these introductory paragraphs is that Citadel applied for a radio broadcast licence before it was legally born. The Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha was born by an act of Parliament known as Act 41 of 1952. And for more than 50 years we are involved in education at the national level while religion and culture form the cornerstone of our existence.

We are one of the four founders of the Inter Religious Organisation (IRO).

In the Guardian of July 7, the editorial asked:

“Given the radio environment of the day in which a range of interest groups have acquired radio licences, why should the Maha Sabha, an authentic and long-standing organisation representative of a solid community and religious base, be denied the right to have a radio and television licence?”

At this point, it is not sufficient that we receive a radio broadcast licence to better communicate with the Hindu population that forms a quarter of T&T’s population. An inquiry must be conducted into the State’s discrimination of its own people!

SATNARAYAN MAHARAJ is the Secretary General of the Sanatan Dharma Maha Sabha

mrtrini45
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mrtrini45 » July 15th, 2016, 1:57 pm

men trying to make manning look like a god like this man was so great

K74T
TunerGod

Postby K74T » July 15th, 2016, 2:15 pm

He was a great man, doh beat up about it. 8-)

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 15th, 2016, 2:22 pm

desifemlove wrote:i forgot, didn't the same racist man who now deceased give him his license to operate??

forgot about IETV, WIN TV, there are more Indo-based networks than any other race, many of which got licences in "late racist PM's" tenure.

Sat can say what the firetruck he likes, all he says is spurious opinion without any fact to back it up, and people say it "free speech" when nobody has or will lock him up for saying ting. i can say "beef is better meat than pork..." so what? opinions like arseholes, we all have have.

:lol: :lol:
"Give" yuh say?

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » July 15th, 2016, 2:35 pm

What ever became of the policeman who lost his job?

GixxerMan
Sweet on this forum

Postby GixxerMan » July 15th, 2016, 2:38 pm

16 cycles wrote:What ever became of the policeman who lost his job?

he working Allied security..

bluefete
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby bluefete » July 15th, 2016, 2:44 pm

j.o.e wrote:
shake d livin wake d dead wrote:majority of Sat supporters are located south of grand bazaar^...them does fell the man is some kinda god

I live south of GB and an open and transparent Sat supporter of decent reputation is as hard to find as $3.00 doubles

Aye, doh be on $3.00 doubles. I got some the other day on Independence Sq - for $3.00

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » July 15th, 2016, 3:02 pm

Sat maharaj is Duncan McCloud

Allergic2BunnyEars
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Allergic2BunnyEars » July 15th, 2016, 3:13 pm

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » July 15th, 2016, 3:16 pm

mrtrini45 wrote:men trying to make manning look like a god like this man was so great

he was arrogant and called an lost an election he didn't need to cos he taught what he said went. if people wanna cuff meh for "speaking ill of the dead" fine...what i said was true on all counts. 8-) if i does say "Stalin was evil and a tyrant" is this true or "speaking ill of the dead"?

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » July 15th, 2016, 3:51 pm

desifemlove wrote:
mrtrini45 wrote:men trying to make manning look like a god like this man was so great

he was arrogant and called an lost an election he didn't need to cos he taught what he said went. if people wanna cuff meh for "speaking ill of the dead" fine...what i said was true on all counts. 8-) if i does say "Stalin was evil and a tyrant" is this true or "speaking ill of the dead"?

Why you no English???

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 15th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Dizzy28 wrote:
desifemlove wrote:

Why you no English???

His English dives directly in proportion to his beatup...............

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » July 15th, 2016, 4:06 pm

...and proportional to his lack of knowledge of current affairs.

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » July 15th, 2016, 4:21 pm

What was the story behind the house arrest of the speaker? It really had an SoE in just that area?

Country_Bookie
punchin NOS

Postby Country_Bookie » July 15th, 2016, 4:45 pm

Trinidad House Speaker Put Under House Arrest
Published: August 5, 1995

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad and Tobago, Aug. 4— The Government declared a state of emergency in Trinidad's capital and placed the Speaker of the House of Representatives under house arrest, officials said today.

They said the measure was taken to avoid disturbances as the Government moved to unseat Occah Seapaul, who has refused to resign as speaker since her involvement in a court case.

Ms. Seapaul, a lawyer who was appointed speaker more than three years ago, had tried to sue a local businessman for defrauding her of $20,000, but the case was thrown out of court in June. The Government contends she gave inconsistent testimony under oath.

The Government has failed in its efforts to pass a vote of no confidence in Ms. Seapaul.

Manning wanted her out as Speaker becos of the court case. She was not going to let them remove her. Ken Valley was suspended for 6 months for saying to her " you can run but you can't hide" during a Parliament debate and she refused to hear motions to challenge that decision.
The State of Emergency was unnecessary imo. Placing her under house arrest would've been sufficient. Declaring a state of emergency just becos one woman was outsmarting you seemed like a real panic moment from Manning.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » July 15th, 2016, 6:35 pm

j.o.e wrote:
Redman wrote:Sat free to say what he wants-I dont see what relevance what he has to say has on anything.

If he dont say sheeit no one will know he alive.

This ...... Sat is the equivalent of any random person in the rum shop or by the doubles stand. They're free to have an opinion but no one should really care. I'm yet to have a clear understanding of who he represents or who are his supporters.
If Sat thinks the man was racist it's fine by me , he's entitled to his opinion and people are entitled to disagree.

Yet no less a person than our esteemed PM devoted much of the Post-Cabinet meeting to addressing Sat's comments :lol: He said the comments about Caroni "bordered on sedition" :lol:

Don Dada
Street 2NR

Postby Don Dada » July 16th, 2016, 12:01 am

Sat Is Ah BOSS......if he dont stand........WHO WILL................

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » July 16th, 2016, 7:13 am

Well just now he will be ded...and that will be Sat.

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » July 16th, 2016, 7:22 am

Dizzy28 wrote:
desifemlove wrote:

Why you no English???

Manning was arrogant, that's all.

mrtrini45
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby mrtrini45 » July 16th, 2016, 9:01 am

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2016-07- ... er-warrior

Kamla defends Sat in Manning attack
A courageous fighter, warrior

Published:
Saturday, July 16, 2016

Opposition Leader Kamla Persad-Bissessar says it is very dangerous for Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley to accuse one of T&T’s leaders Sat Maharaj of sedition.

Maharaj has been under attack after he called the late Patrick Manning a racist a week after his funeral.

Addressing supporters at the launch of United National Congress screening in Siparia yesterday, Persad-Bissesar said, “I think it is very dangerous for a PM to speak about sedition.

“It is one of the few offences in this country that is punishable by jail without bail. One is murder, one is charge for piracy on the high seas and the other is sedition.”

Persad-Bissessar also said people were entitled to freedom of speech.

“In this country, constitutionally we are entitled to freedom of speech unless our freedom of speech breaches the law. Then we are free to speak and therefore the PM coming to attack Mr Sat Maharaj yesterday (Thursday) not on the reasoning he gave, not on the substance of his argument but in an attempt to create fear to talk about sedition,” she added.

Calling Maharaj “a courageous fighter and a warrior,” Persad-Bissessar said, “Maharaj like any other person in this country is entitled to his opinion and he has like everyone else has freedom of speech.”

“The question the PM should be asking is did he speak the truth or did he lie? Did he speak the truth when he said that Caroni (1975) Limited was shut down by the Manning administration? Is that truth or not true? Did he speak the truth when a PNM supporter got a radio licence within a day whereas the Maha Sabha had to go through courts right up to the Privy Council to get lawfully a radio licence?”

Saying she will not put the label as racist, Persad-Bissessar added, “I am not going into that today because I believe in this country every creed and race must find equal place and therefore I am not going into the label of racist. What I am saying is whether the examples that Mr Maharaj gave were true?”

She also said to distort the reality of what happened in T&T must never happen.

Admitting that Manning did a great job as the prime minister, Persad-Bissessar said Rowley should not use the word sedition lightly.

camerabanton
Ricer

Postby camerabanton » July 16th, 2016, 9:50 am

zoom rader wrote:Sat Right on every account, but it not all Manning to blame. Manning takes advice from the PNM.

It's the PNM that is racist and the people within that party. Juss how we have the Minster of National security advising to get rid of Indians in the SSA it's the same in every PNM held institution.

Only non Racist PMs we ever had was Chambers, Panday and Kamla.

Gowley is biggest racist of all hiding behind Maxi fluffy

Well all I've been doing is observing in this thread but to me this is the most nonsense stated in this forum. Whilst I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion some people need to keep it to themselves. Ultimately every leader comes under the guise of wanting to give the people proper and fair representation. But instead of just going back and forth and with the intention to be fair, I want you to list instances where Panday and Kamla could be considered the only "non Racist PMs" and then I will respond because quite frankly from what I see here you my friend just like some others are just running off at the mouth. Let's do this!!

camerabanton
Ricer

Postby camerabanton » July 16th, 2016, 9:51 am

zoom rader wrote:Sat Right on every account, but it not all Manning to blame. Manning takes advice from the PNM.

It's the PNM that is racist and the people within that party. Juss how we have the Minster of National security advising to get rid of Indians in the SSA it's the same in every PNM held institution.

Only non Racist PMs we ever had was Chambers, Panday and Kamla.

Gowley is biggest racist of all hiding behind Maxi fluffy

Well all I've been doing is observing in this thread but to me this is the most nonsense stated in this forum. Whilst I agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion some people need to keep it to themselves. Ultimately every leader comes under the guise of wanting to give the people proper and fair representation. But instead of just going back and forth and with the intention to be fair, I want you to list instances where Panday and Kamla could be considered the only "non Racist PMs" and then I will respond because quite frankly from what I see here you my friend just like some others are just running off at the mouth. Let's do this!!

camerabanton
Ricer

Postby camerabanton » July 16th, 2016, 9:58 am

zoom rader wrote:
desifemlove wrote:
Morpheus wrote:I said broadcast license. Not radio specifically...
So Indian Muslim on TV but they eh want Indian Hindu on radio.....

Racist basterds...

did aakash vani or 103fm come in under UNC or PNM??? i does tink under the supposed "racist" deceased former PM.

You need to ask PNM financiers, I believe they own those station and see it as a business . Whereas Sat and his group own their station

It's amazing how those with no internal knowledge of the workings of these radio stations or even the PNM have such convincing opinions on its operations.lol. The crazy yet ironic thing is had you knowledge of the internal management of whichever political or religious organization you support I can't help but think you're statements would've been different. Then again we live in a society where people mistake their arrogance for knowledge granting them confidence to make foolish statements. Shame

Ronaldo95163
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Ronaldo95163 » July 16th, 2016, 9:21 pm

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » July 17th, 2016, 1:16 pm

"his actions was un-Hindu..." Your English, miss, should match your religious devotion in quality.

K74T
TunerGod

Sat Maharaj - The only Troll without a keyboard

Postby K74T » July 17th, 2016, 1:53 pm

desifemlove

Postby desifemlove » July 17th, 2016, 2:12 pm

people accused Kamla and Panday of racism......if a dog or horse became PM, it would be accused of racism..it just how the country is.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”