Forums

Sat Maharaj - RIP

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: Sat Maharaj - RIP

Postby Redman » November 20th, 2019, 7:42 am

Why dont you tell us ZR- and try to make a point while you at it.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 7:45 am

Redman wrote:Why dont you tell us ZR- and try to make a point while you at it.

When you state your opinion on why PNM youths don't perform in PNM schools then I will answer

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 20th, 2019, 7:49 am

The same number of Catholic schools they built. The state and religion are supposed to be separate.
TT Government has built Government Primary and Secondary schools even during the UNC years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... and_Tobago

Anyway, I'm not getting suckered into your level of racial righteousness. Have to distance myself to continue to laugh at you divided idiots.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 7:54 am

maj. tom wrote:The same number of Catholic schools they built. The state and religion are supposed to be separate.
TT Government has built Government Primary and Secondary schools even during the UNC years.

Anyway, I'm not getting suckered into your level of racial righteousness. Have to distance myself to continue to laugh at you divided idiots.

Agreed the PNM built Government Primary and Secondary schools.

Lots of Folk believe that PNM built Hindu schools

Is this a fact or is it racist ?

mero
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby mero » November 20th, 2019, 9:24 am

Redman wrote:http://www.trinidadandtobagonews.com/blog/?p=6403

The Cowshed Fable

By Dr. Selwyn R. Cudjoe
May 30, 2012

Dr. Selwyn R. CudjoeI want to congratulate my East Indian compatriots for the achievements they have made over the 167 years they have spent in Trinidad and Tobago and the enormous efforts they have made to carve out a space in these two beautiful islands in the West Indies. I also wish to congratulate Sat Maharaj for the herculean efforts he has made to improve the educational standards of his people and his determination to ensure that his people receive their rightful share of the national pie. When the history of the second half of the twentieth century is written I am certain he will take his place as one of the more outstanding Trinbagonians of the era.

I also wanted to thank Sat for inviting me to share in the Maha Sabha celebration of Indian Arrival Day and granting me the pleasure of meeting novelist Rambindranath Maharaj whom the Maha Sabha honored at their function for his literary achievements. Robin, a Robert Village Hindu School and Naparima College graduate, has made a name for himself in Canada. Sat compared his work to that of V. S. Naipaul but I am not in a position to critique that judgment since I have not read any of his novels. I intend to remedy that shortcoming in the very near future.

Many of the national luminaries of Indian descent, primarily government ministers, spoke with much enthusiasm about the sacrifices their forefathers and foremothers made to get them where they are today. They argued that those who went before carved the way for present achievers. Robin Maharaj took the position that their forebears completely disregarded their own sufferings confident that they were sacrificing themselves for the generations after them which raises the question: does any Indian generation ever live for itself?

As I listened to various speakers the whole theme of the evening revolved around the fabled nature of the cowshed; it being reported by all of the speakers that Dr. Eric Williams called the Hindu schools cowshed and look at what the cowsheds have produced? Sat Maharaj, the grandest luminary of all had to correct the younger ones by letting them know that when Dr. Williams called the Hindu schools cowshed, Badase Sagan Maraj, his father-in-law, declared: “It is better to educate a child in a cowshed than not to educate them at all.”

However, there is a problem with these apocryphal stories. In spite of their ethnic appeal they lose their real meaning as they are told from one generation to another. They are misconstrued and become uplifting fables which may have a moral but veer so far from the truth that anytime it is uttered it becomes yet another whip with which to beat the present generation of oppressors.

When Dr. Williams arrived on the scene in 1956 the conditions of the Hindu schools were quite deplorable as I presume the same was true of the non-Hindu schools. I went to Tacarigua E.C., a school that was built by enslaved Africans in 1838 and what in our days we called the “Cocoa House.” I went to that school from 1948 to 1954. It was just one open building with a large stage under which we placed the agricultural tools we used to till our school gardens that lay on the southern side of the Eastern Main Road near to the Vestry that was built in 1843.

In 1955 Badase was doing his best to build some schools for the Hindu children. Dr. Williams deplored the fact that the East Indian schools looked like cowsheds and vowed to do a better job of school building for all of the children, Hindu as well as Christian children, when he came into power. Although present Hindu lore has it that
Dr. Williams called the Hindu schools cowsheds he did not intend to denigrate Hindu schools or Hindu children. He merely sought to deplore the condition in which the education of our school children took place.

None of the speakers at the Dinner could forego the temptation to hit out at the PNM administration—read Black people—for all of the evils that the Black people had done to them. The only problem with such a narrative is that it only tells us part of the story rather than the whole story. In fact, the only way to understand what happened to East Indians between 1955 and 2010 is to tell the whole story; contextualize the issue; and opt for racial healing rather than fanning the flames of racial hatred in a subliminal manner.

One only has to compare the progress East Indians made in the society from 1917, the year in which indentureship ended, to 1955, the year when PNM came on the scene, with the progress East Indians made from 1955 to 2010 to understand the apocryphal nature of the cowshed tale. Use any yardstick and one would see that the cowshed story is only a fanciful story that is told from generation to generation to fan the flames of racial hatred and continue to remind the present generation that they really have an enemy when none is there. And while they do not name the enemy, it is inferred.

And this is why I appreciated the closing sentiments of Robin Maharaj’s response. “He warned East Indians present that they must be proud without being vain; celebratory without being jingoistic.” In this, I thought he hit the correct note. Although a historian may want to mark this present time in our history as the moment when the East Indians were fully inculcated and recognized in the society, it should not be used as an opportunity to emphasize their exclusivity but as a time to affirm their Trinbagonianness; a moment when the society opens its arms to welcome another strand of its many fabrics.

While we are at it, it may be wise to drop the cowshed fable. It only tends to divide rather than bring us together as a multi-ethnic society with all of the richness that such a society implies.

And yes, Happy East Indian Arrival Day!
So basically zoom raider and minions beat up and continue to beat up every single day on this issue for nothing then?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 20th, 2019, 9:41 am

zoom rader wrote:
maj. tom wrote:The same number of Catholic schools they built. The state and religion are supposed to be separate.

If you agree then why ask a nonsensical rhetorical question? Seems you constantly shift the goalpost to suit your agenda, simply put you are full of sheit

mero

Postby mero » November 20th, 2019, 9:54 am

eliteauto wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

If you agree then why ask a nonsensical rhetorical question? Seems you constantly shift the goalpost to suit your agenda, simply put you are full of sheit
In before non related response and personal attack by zoom and d ponytail swingers

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 20th, 2019, 10:07 am

So basically zoom raider and minions beat up and continue to beat up every single day on this issue for nothing then?

Yes.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 10:56 am

eliteauto wrote:
zoom rader wrote:

Read over what I wrote and try and understand.

Too bad if your cant understand

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 20th, 2019, 11:40 am

You can't even understand what you write hence you continued dancing, try that with them youngsters who too lazy to do some research and instead parrot the anecdotes fed to them, or the older ones with your same agenda

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 11:41 am

eliteauto wrote:You can't even understand what you write hence you continued dancing, try that with them youngsters who too lazy to do some research and instead parrot the anecdotes fed to them, or the older ones with your same agenda
So how many HINDU schools did your PNM build?

I agree that PNM built goverment primary and goverment secondary schools .

Is that a nonsensical question?

eliteauto
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby eliteauto » November 20th, 2019, 11:50 am

thanks man. I'm sure you'll find a few who think you're making sense

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 11:53 am

eliteauto wrote: thanks man. I'm sure you'll find a few who think you're making sense
But do tell us just how many Hindu schools did your PNM goverment build.

Tex the Minster nah

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » November 20th, 2019, 12:47 pm

Told you it would have gone nuclear.

Study on social media, the same people who called Sat Maharaj racist turn on their own and now calling academic and scholar Selwyn Cudjoe all kinds of derogatory names that i can't repeat here. Talk about hypocrisy.

It's ok to disagree with the man on the "T&T's Martin Luther King" comparison but weeyyyy sa...

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » November 20th, 2019, 1:04 pm

Bigot-a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

Clear as Day

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 1:07 pm

The_Honourable wrote:Told you it would have gone nuclear.

Study on social media, the same people who called Sat Maharaj racist turn on their own and now calling academic and scholar Selwyn Cudjoe all kinds of derogatory names that i can't repeat here. Talk about hypocrisy.

It's ok to disagree with the man on the "T&T's Martin Luther King" comparison but weeyyyy sa...
As Cro Cro say lick bottom Africans

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 20th, 2019, 1:08 pm

Even in death Sat still making men blood boil.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 1:11 pm

vaiostation wrote:Even in death Sat still making men blood boil.
I think is the scholarships that beating up PNM ppl at Sat schools

mero

Postby mero » November 20th, 2019, 1:29 pm

Which article is this? Link?

16 cycles
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby 16 cycles » November 20th, 2019, 1:43 pm

mero wrote:

go back one page...

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 20th, 2019, 2:03 pm

mero wrote:

Yuh miss out. If yuh did go to the funeral yuh woulda hear for yuhself.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » November 20th, 2019, 2:04 pm

rspann wrote:
mero wrote:

Yuh miss out. If yuh did go to the funeral yuh woulda hear for yuhself.

Dey was burning Sat this time, Rawan is for another day

vaiostation
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby vaiostation » November 20th, 2019, 2:11 pm

Malcolm X would have been a better comparison for Sat than Martin. They both shared similar ideals with respect to integration and culture of their own people.

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 20th, 2019, 2:14 pm

^^^i was gonna say dat inno ....

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 20th, 2019, 2:15 pm

zoom rader wrote:
vaiostation wrote:Even in death Sat still making men blood boil.
I think is the scholarships that beating up PNM ppl at Sat schools

is election time so race , culture , party , tribalism is at its peak ....

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 20th, 2019, 6:02 pm

hmmm .... :|

Where Was Rowley?

Maha Sabha strong man Sat Maharaj's funeral was well attended however notably absent was Prime Minister Dr. Keith Rowley. Dr. Rowley could have found time to attend the opening of a FIFA building opening yesterday where not so veiled innuendos were thrown at former FIFA Vice-President Jack Austin Warner. While Former Basdeo Panday also refused to attend the funeral for petty personal reasons against Sat, Panday is essentially irrelevant to political, religious, and cultural Trinidad.
The condolence message for Sat Maharaj by Dr. Rowley was dry, non-emotive, insincere and was not worth the paper the brief message was written upon. Dr. Rowley adds to this his non-attendance at t Divali or Hindu functions and now funerals.
Whether you loved Sat, hated him, or were simply afraid that he would single you out for some mukdhar. The fact remained that Sat was larger than the sum of his parts. Feature speaker Professor Dr. Selwyn R. Cudjoe compared Sat to Martin Luther King, yet this is the man that Dr. Rowley funeral refused to attend.
Not only did Dr. Rowley refuse to attend but essentially the majority of the Rowley Government with only the Minister of Education Anthony Garcia and Minister of Rohan Sinanan. Minister Garcia had to attend given that Sat was the head of an educational institution that won the 5th consecutive President’s Medal this year. Sinanan is essentially the token Indian and Hindu in the Rowley Administration to attend to the Hindu / Indian community. Sat who was so involved in the cultural development of Indian Trinidad did not see the attendance of the Ministry of Culture in the audience.
Rowley was unfazed with a call for a State or Official funeral. The State did not even offer the family of Sat the option so that they could refuse or not. This is the same Dr. Rowley who could have found time to attend the funeral of Rohan Sinanan’s mother a few months ago even going to the wake. It appears Rohan mother was more important than Sat to Dr. Rowley.
Not even a dead Indian is a Good Indian for the Rowley’s PNM.

Pundit Satyanand Maharaj
Spiritual Head
Satya Anand Ashram Aranguez

maj. tom
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby maj. tom » November 20th, 2019, 6:07 pm

he supposed to be a spiritual leader? He wrote that last line and calling himself a pundit?

Rovin
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Rovin » November 20th, 2019, 6:13 pm

that 1 line spoil d essence of his whole post whether his points were valid or not ....
Last edited by Rovin on November 20th, 2019, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hydroep
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby hydroep » November 20th, 2019, 6:18 pm

The gist of the post is important though: Was there a representative from Sh!tkicker's administration in attendance?

Speaks volumes if there wasn't...:|

rspann
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby rspann » November 20th, 2019, 6:18 pm

He from my area and that sounding like him.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”