PNM in Gov't(2015-2020)

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Re: PNM in Gov't - One year later!!!!!

Postby Dizzy28 » September 12th, 2016, 9:07 am

nick639 wrote:
BRZ wrote:eet coming- wait for it- heard they will officially devalue the dollar!

welcome to 10:1, and prices for everything going sky high!

Also heard this from one of their speeches last week... They said our ttd overvalued .... Smfh

They said it but they are actually just quoting the IMF and ECLAC who are the ones who saying it first.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 12th, 2016, 9:09 am

De Dragon wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:^ I feel so, is like he takes pleasure in trolling this country. How did a man like that even end up finance minister? that has to be the ultimate troll ever.

When your connections strong you could get that kind of position in Government without the requisite qualifications.

Really...like Dooks ?

As a non supporter of Colm--I think he doing an ok job-its a crappy wicket and some one who understands how the rest of Govt works is better suited to what we need now than some economic geek.

CBTT Governer is a more sensitive qualification driven position...Ministers have technocrats and if he needs advice thats where it comes from.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 12th, 2016, 9:19 am

-a higher quantity of TTD for each USD.
-Exports get cheaper internationally
-reduces demand for USD-possibly, if matched with an interest rate differential
-Imports are more expensive-reducing demand and creating financial space for local alternatives to establish a beach head in the market.

the flip side is
-we import everything-so prices will increase
-Inflation will spike.
-The demand for USD is insatiable.

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 12th, 2016, 9:25 am

Read this morning that SSA/noc/ nsta workers facing the axe come mth end...sighhh..

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » September 12th, 2016, 9:37 am

I would really like to see more exports though. ..I think we have a lot of potential to dominate. .

Dizzy28
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Dizzy28 » September 12th, 2016, 9:57 am

cherrypopper wrote:I would really like to see more exports though. ..I think we have a lot of potential to dominate. .

We would all like to see more exports (particularly non energy ones). Its the very basis of our future. We need US$ to buy basically everything we need and exports is how we get that precious $US.

Diversification is not necessarily about having lots of different non energy industries..its about having non energy industries with a large export generation capacity.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 12th, 2016, 12:36 pm

So what will happen to people who has to buy Diabetic and High Blood Pressure tablets when they devalue this TT currency? and how long is it going to stay 10:1 for?

How long we have a again? should I buy up some Steam Wallet funds now for my future games?

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 12th, 2016, 12:38 pm

Did I not warn you all

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 12th, 2016, 12:56 pm

zoom rader wrote:Did I not warn you all

Yes but that was just coincidence. For all we know the PNM could have turned out to be good if they hired someone with real qualifications for the job of Finance Minister.

The PNM was supposed to be better than a Cabal led UNC, in any event its too late now and Pandey is right UNC not returning to power for the next 20 years he gave it 20 years because the Cabal will be too old and maybe dead by then. So we have to make do with the PNM for the next 20 years. We should probably blame Kamla for the mess we are in, she could have gotten rid of the Cabal, ease up on the drinking you are a PM you are running a country not a rum shop, people are watching there are cameras everywhere did she not realize that they would eventually catch her drunk? Nobody eh saying doh drink but you can't be doing it on this level when you hold a position like this. Unless she and the Cabal goes we are stuck with PNM for a very long time so we better get used to it.

Anybody who thinks UNC winning a 2020 election is delusional, south of the Caroni cannot win you an election you need the East West corridor. The UNC and her supporters must come to terms why they lost the election and thus far they have shown that they are out of touch with reality, unable to address why they are in opposition and that there is the key problem. There was a chance to vote in Vasant but south of the Caroni thinks Ma kamla is the fountain of milk so hard luck with that.

racedriverpro
punchin NOS

Postby racedriverpro » September 12th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Great read guys...think i can get a BSc in political science after reading this thread...jk..sigh real sourness. prices going up and salaries goin nowhere.

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » September 12th, 2016, 1:17 pm

I suggest learning to plant some vegetables etc. .

desifemlove
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby desifemlove » September 12th, 2016, 1:22 pm

zoom rader wrote:Did I not warn you all

cos unc said there was no recession, than jwala said there was in same period she was in office. like it or not, unc not blameless.

toyolink
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby toyolink » September 12th, 2016, 1:56 pm

Unfortunately, the heavy focus of the states fiscal policies and measures (austerity) may fuel the momentum of the present 'recession'.
Recent history has shown that to break the back of the downward spiral, there is need for some urgent interventions to stimulate confidence, hopefulness and private investments.
The 'gloom and doom rhetoric' and seeding of anxiety as a primary strategy is quite uncreative.
I look forward to seeing some immediate short term targets (grow oriented) and medium to long terms initiatives.
The present Govt and us all need to effectively stop wasting time on what the previous Govts did (they are out) and get a move-on.
We have resources to be mobilized other than oil and gas (under utilized land, skilled experienced labour , capital inplace , international alliances, intellectual capacity , mature business community etc.).
We are over dosing on purge type therapy and fiscal punishment.

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » September 12th, 2016, 2:37 pm

UTTER f@ckery... all these BIG businessmen in bobol and illegal Sh1t!

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » September 12th, 2016, 4:05 pm

Ent Rowley as a minister in the manning regime did the same thing with the land that anchorage sits on?

it was something like $1500 a year for the land?

Morpheus
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Morpheus » September 12th, 2016, 5:19 pm

So ZR et all, what would the PP have done differently?

Serious question.....

I think, as I've said before, that either party would have had to make tough, unpopular decisions, at the detriment of setting themselves up for backlash 5yrs later at the polls.

If PP won and they took unpopular measures, the next side would have been like "Allyuh vote for that".....like since allyuh vote for that it would affect only "allyuh"..........steups.

We are really an immature society yes....

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 12th, 2016, 5:47 pm

^ Kamla probably real happy she don't have to run this country for these 5 years could have also been her plan don't forget she never even bothered to send up candidates for all those marginal seats until last minute she knew she would lose.

She likely thinks this will increase her popularity for 2020 and while this may be true its nowhere near remotely close to enough to win an election. UNC not winning 2020 this is obvious the only reason the UNC won last time is because it was a whole first female PM and manning must go at all cost according to even his own supporters kinda scenario. Thus far like Rowley or not he has not been found in collusion with any kind of racket.

Rowley playing the game quite well if you ask me he is making sure that when 2020 comes nobody can say he thief. And to most people this is more important than things like jobs etc. Not saying I agree with Rowley on how he doing things I think he is doing a terrible job but given the circumstances it is hard to fault him. Could he do more? yes he can but he won't because there really isn't any opposition to speak off. The UNC has died off if anyone has noticed

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » September 12th, 2016, 5:52 pm

I won't say died off it's more like they just don't give AF

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 12th, 2016, 5:57 pm

cherrypopper wrote:I won't say died off it's more like they just don't give AF

Yeah time for them old fart like Rambachan, Moonilal, Toonilal and the rest to retire and GTFO but we all know they won't because where there is politics there is racket like that.

Doh worry 2030 not far only 20 years left for them to go by force.

cherrypopper
Riding on 18's

Postby cherrypopper » September 12th, 2016, 6:03 pm

Priority in government is to please the financiers then throw a bone now and then to the peasants.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 13th, 2016, 9:42 am

Dropping production has PLENTY to do with $40 oil.

If Im sitting on a reservoir of 1M bbls of oil.....what price do I want to sell at?

BP et al are in it for money.

So they try their best to pay as little as possible.

An 80% tax rate????-I would love to see how that number was determined-80% of what-whats deductible ?

Norway has a high tax rate-but what do they get??

we pay 25% fuh sheeeit.

Local Production is vital to our economic stability.

IMHO we should bring local production up to meet our local refinery needs-165000 BOPD(allowing for required blending.)

That generates income locally through employment...
more importantly we will not have the USD leakage of importing OIL.
As of July we have imported just under 23M BBLS of oil,-at say 30USD per ....thats almost 700,000,000 USD.

or 4,623,000,000 TTD.

We can rapidly increase that local production and take the savings from above and diversify.

The money is there.
The Oil is there
The man power is there

Why the FACK aint we doing it???

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 14th, 2016, 7:16 pm

Bend over day is on the 30th...

BRZ
Riding on 16's

Postby BRZ » September 14th, 2016, 8:14 pm

cherrypopper wrote:Priority in government is to please the financiers then throw a bone now and then to the peasants.

We lucky , last gubment didn't even have leftovers they were so faking greedy they used to re- cook all the extras and fight over it .

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 14th, 2016, 8:38 pm

The only fear I have is this government cutting CDAP I think this is a very dangerous thing, the Late Patrick Manning implemented CDAP because it was cheaper and easier to prevent huge problems resulting from pressure and diabetes by just providing CDAP to people suffering from these chronic conditions rather than have them clog up the hospitals when they get heart failure and kidney failure.

I think the decision this government is making is a grave mistake to phasing out CDAP is a very very bad decision and will be detrimental to the health sector when people start flooding the hospitals as it is done bad as it is already.

drchaos
punchin NOS

Postby drchaos » September 14th, 2016, 9:30 pm

EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:The only fear I have is this government cutting CDAP I think this is a very dangerous thing, the Late Patrick Manning implemented CDAP because it was cheaper and easier to prevent huge problems resulting from pressure and diabetes by just providing CDAP to people suffering from these chronic conditions rather than have them clog up the hospitals when they get heart failure and kidney failure.

I think the decision this government is making is a grave mistake to phasing out CDAP is a very very bad decision and will be detrimental to the health sector when people start flooding the hospitals as it is done bad as it is already.

CDAP is an has always been a mess. The drugs are of inferior quality (alot of them just don't work), and the amount of corruption involved is insane. When started by uncle Patos and continued by successive gov, it was used i to support financiers.
His friend's would import cheap indian/3rd world generics and sell them back to the Gov at the prices of premium brand name drugs. The people of Trinidad and Tobago were getting robbed on price as well as quality.

sMASH
TunerGod

Postby sMASH » September 14th, 2016, 10:26 pm

the system might be crooked, but it was all some people had. just like gate, audit it, and improve it.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 14th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Redman did I read it right that we are importing crude at $4billion TT, Annually? If that cow manure is going on then we in deep cow crap.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 14th, 2016, 10:50 pm

drchaos wrote:CDAP is an has always been a mess. The drugs are of inferior quality (alot of them just don't work), and the amount of corruption involved is insane. When started by uncle Patos and continued by successive gov, it was used i to support financiers.
His friend's would import cheap indian/3rd world generics and sell them back to the Gov at the prices of premium brand name drugs. The people of Trinidad and Tobago were getting robbed on price as well as quality.

Whats your stance on Virgin Olive Oil? doctors seem to be split on if its good or not, some doctors say yeah it has positive benefits others say no, oil is oil and olive oil is very bad just like any other oil.

Instead of CDAP wouldn't it be possible to control most of these illness through diet and exercise or its a nay? I would assume its a nay since I have never met a doctor that recommended diet and exercise over drugs.

dude2014
3NE2NR is my LIFE

Postby dude2014 » September 14th, 2016, 10:57 pm

drchaos wrote:
EFFECTIC DESIGNS wrote:The only fear I have is this government cutting CDAP I think this is a very dangerous thing, the Late Patrick Manning implemented CDAP because it was cheaper and easier to prevent huge problems resulting from pressure and diabetes by just providing CDAP to people suffering from these chronic conditions rather than have them clog up the hospitals when they get heart failure and kidney failure.

CDAP is an has always been a mess. The drugs are of inferior quality (alot of them just don't work), and the amount of corruption involved is insane. When started by uncle Patos and continued by successive gov, it was used i to support financiers.

CDAP unfortunately is necessary.

Just Google food fraud and you would see the amount of crap that is there and we are importing it. Between Terrence and Clarence ( not to be confused with my daughter’s favourite cartoon – although there are a lot of similarities)one has to give them both some Mukhdhar. Do not wait for grandpa Sat.

Non Communicable deseases, NCD’s are being perpetrated on the population by unhealthy foods being imported and will continue to be so due to Trade Liberalisation efforts such as NAFTA, CARIBBEAN BASIN INITIATIVE, THE EUROPEAN’S EPA. Who is going to be the champion of the poor in the courts? Rich man eating poor man and poor man eating rich man food.

We need to plant local and eat our nation back to health.

Do not know the trade minister’s name but he getting Mukhddhar also.

EFFECTIC DESIGNS
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby EFFECTIC DESIGNS » September 14th, 2016, 11:00 pm

sMASH wrote:the system might be crooked, but it was all some people had. just like gate, audit it, and improve it.

I have come to realize everything can be exploited and its not just a Trini thing its human nature it even happens in the US, perfect example of people in the military who finance certain politicians and then they create new wars to make money. Or the aerospace lying about turning mars into a new earth through teraforming when they know its not possible say it anyways to justify spending billions.

So the CDAP being kickback to government financiers isn't unbelievable either or GATE being abused by fly by night schools and courses. I was a supporter of ending most social programs I did feel the food card was being abused wealthy people getting food cards etc or baby grants that was just promoting more babies that mothers cannot take care off.

But now when I look at the road we are heading into it seems Trinidad is heading into a very dark and deep latrine. And the shitty thing about it is you cannot remove this government as the UNC is infact dead.

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”