this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

j.o.e
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Re: Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby j.o.e » September 13th, 2021, 1:38 pm

Habit7 wrote:
matr1x wrote:It's is a east Indian tax. Very plain and simple

According to 2011 Census info 76% of Afros own or mortgage property while 89% of Indos own or mortgage property.
While Indos own slightly more, majority portions of all ethnicities own property. The property tax touches everyone.

Capture.JPG

Don’t bring up facts in here nah. African people don’t own property

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 13th, 2021, 5:36 pm

It's which Africans they are not focusing on.

I see plenty hdc houses for pnm ppl in the future

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 13th, 2021, 6:23 pm

matr1x wrote:It's which Africans they are not focusing on.

Once you own or mortgaging a property (HDC, HCL, THA, Home Solutions) you have to pay property tax. HDC has renters but in my view, the majority of HDC units are properties for sale.

I know this might be hard for you to accept but Afro Trinis own property and they have to pay property tax too.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 13th, 2021, 7:11 pm

Don't really matter if you own property or not, cuz unless you cool with sleeping on pavement and crapping in a drain or a patch of bush, EVERYONE gotta live somewhere or use land for something, and you will pay for that. Renters, homeowners, squatters, farmers, everybody getting touch up

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 13th, 2021, 7:44 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Once you own or mortgaging a property (HDC, HCL, THA, Home Solutions) you have to pay property tax. HDC has renters but in my view, the majority of HDC units are properties for sale.

I know this might be hard for you to accept but Afro Trinis own property and they have to pay property tax too.
HDC red government ppl are given much lower rates cause they were given houses and supports the red. Once you look injun is level tax.

Injuns will pay more tax it's as simple as dat.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 13th, 2021, 7:52 pm

Habit7 wrote:

Just as we red government police there also have red government ppl that will give red government ppl much lower rates.

Look like Rowlair and you will get a big discount.

Gladiator
punchin NOS

Postby Gladiator » September 13th, 2021, 10:41 pm

Habit7 wrote:

You are absolutely correct, but again with your one track mind forgot to mention that the Indos with the large spreads and mansions who spent every cent they work for to build, extend, rennovate and have something other than the 3 bedroom 1.5 bath eco home on the East West Corridor are the real targets for this tax...

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 14th, 2021, 9:28 am

Gladiator wrote:You are absolutely correct, but again with your one track mind forgot to mention that the Indos with the large spreads and mansions who spent every cent they work for to build, extend, rennovate and have something other than the 3 bedroom 1.5 bath eco home on the East West Corridor are the real targets for this tax...

The only one-track mind is yours that thinks only Indos have large spread mansions and are the targets of property tax. The property tax is based on rental value, rental value increases with public amenities and proximity to urban centres. So it could well be a modest house in Woodbrook or Diego Martin can attract the same property tax as a large spread in Barrackpore.

Nevertheless, according to actual facts from the 2011 census and not your racial bias, Afros and Indos on average have the same size homes while more Caucasians and Syrian/Lebanese have larger homes. But I am sure, just like my other refutations based on facts, it will be rejected by you in lieu of your racial bias.

Capture.JPG

shake d livin wake d dead
TunerGod

Postby shake d livin wake d dead » September 14th, 2021, 10:51 am

:agrue:
Attachments
IMG-20210914-WA0062.jpg

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 14th, 2021, 11:06 am

There is enough hypocrisy to go around, even from the "Axe the Tax" crew.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 14th, 2021, 11:20 am

Yeah boy Habit7, Kamla did it , so PNM could do it . You right . Kamla was a failure , Rolers is one too, same difference. The amount of money pass through this country like a dose of salts , this should have never been necessary . The potential revenue to be collected is small change compared to what is stolen /wasted every year.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 14th, 2021, 11:34 am

sam1978 wrote:Yeah boy Habit7, Kamla did it , so PNM could do it . You right . Kamla was a failure , Rolers is one too, same difference. The amount of money pass through this country like a dose of salts , this should have never been necessary . The potential revenue to be collected is small change compared to what is stolen /wasted every year.
Ent Panday close Caroni and Kams shut down Petrotrin.

UNC is the woulda, coulda and shoulda government.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 14th, 2021, 11:36 am

Habit7 wrote:There is enough hypocrisy to go around, even from the "Axe the Tax" crew.

Wey de UNC house tax?

Woulda , shoulda and coulda.

Only the Red government can bring taxes to the people

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 14th, 2021, 12:33 pm

zoom rader wrote:]Wey de UNC house tax?

Wey de PNM house tax?

Whether PNM or UNC, the country is run on taxes. Despite what you think Trinis pay some of the lowest personal taxes in the hemisphere. Corporations, esp O&G, the majority of our taxes. If O&G production is either dropping or the demand is reducing, we will have to pay more taxes. We will have to receive less subsidies on electricity, water, fuel and transport. Don't let any politicians tell you otherwise. There are 2 things sure in life: death and taxes.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 14th, 2021, 12:49 pm

Habit7 wrote:
zoom rader wrote:]Wey de UNC house tax?

Wey de PNM house tax?

Whether PNM or UNC, the country is run on taxes. Despite what you think Trinis pay some of the lowest personal taxes in the hemisphere. Corporations, esp O&G, the majority of our taxes. If O&G production is either dropping or the demand is reducing, we will have to pay more taxes. We will have to receive less subsidies on electricity, water, fuel and transport. Don't let any politicians tell you otherwise. There are 2 things sure in life: death and taxes.
What value do citizens receive from taxes?

Pot holes?
Very little water?
Shoddy government services?

Whether we pay high or low taxes we get very little and sub standard service.

I know you a lick bottom red government idiot and you will blindly support the nonsense that goes on.

matr1x
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby matr1x » September 14th, 2021, 12:50 pm

Why pay the tax though? Any services going to improve?

We all know why this tax was being pushed.

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 14th, 2021, 12:54 pm

sam1978 wrote:Yeah boy Habit7, Kamla did it , so PNM could do it . You right . Kamla was a failure , Rolers is one too, same difference. The amount of money pass through this country like a dose of salts , this should have never been necessary . The potential revenue to be collected is small change compared to what is stolen /wasted every year.
Thissssss

*KRONIK*
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby *KRONIK* » September 14th, 2021, 12:55 pm

matr1x wrote:Why pay the tax though? Any services going to improve?

We all know why this tax was being pushed.
Not one FOKKK they gonna do

Take all the money and buy prados and give jr sammy to pave the same highway strip once a year

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 14th, 2021, 1:34 pm

Habit7 wrote:This is how we compare to Latin America and the Caribbean with personal taxes
Key findings:

The tax wedge across LAC countries varies widely, from 34.6% in Argentina and 32.2% in Brazil to 11% in Trinidad and Tobago and 10% in Honduras. Colombia and Uruguay also have levels above 30%, while Guatemala’s tax wedge is also less than 15%.
Chile (19.1% of gross wage earnings) had the highest personal average tax rate (defined as PIT plus mandatory employee SSCs) in the region followed by Uruguay (18.0%) and Argentina (17.0%). The lowest rates were in Honduras (3.6%), Guatemala (4.0%) and Trinidad and Tobago (4.5%). The average amongst the LAC countries was 9.3% compared with the OECD average of 25.4%.
https://www.oecd.org/tax/latin-america- ... %2025.4%25.

And with business
https://www.caribjournal.com/2014/01/15 ... caribbean/

You pay some of the lowest taxes, some of the lowest water rates and the lowest electricity rates in the region.

I have to pay thousands in home insurance every year yet when ppl roofs blow off they stick out their hand and get money from the govt for a new roof. Simple flood barriers at doors can stop some homes from flooding, but 1 foot of water in a house and ppl getting money to buy back appliances.
Throughout the Caribbean, they are spiking in covid-19 cases and their healthcare sectors, some of which are not free, are running out of oxygen, bedspace and developing mercy committees to decide who dies. While we had 4 brand new hospitals lying around to use for covid-19, plus we are building 2 more.

Yet I have to hear the lament, "what they doing with the tax money?" Well the 5x more for water, 3x more for electricity, 1/4 of your salary going to healthcare and 50% more for fuel with a road tax and the country will be a paradise.
Until then, don't expect beggar mercy yet want rich man standards.

sam1978
Riding on 16's

Postby sam1978 » September 14th, 2021, 3:36 pm

I want Habit to calculate how many years property tax could have been cancelled by savings from the indemnity money that is going to be lost. If he could also could calculate how many years Malcolm Jones losses and Krishna Lalla funds could have substituted for property tax. Then we could see all the money that was stolen by A Vee and what he going to get in court, that might help too. We didn’t need property tax if wasn’t for all these thieves.

wing
Riding on 18's

Postby wing » September 14th, 2021, 4:11 pm

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 14th, 2021, 4:55 pm

sam1978 wrote:I want Habit to calculate how many years property tax could have been cancelled by savings from the indemnity money that is going to be lost. If he could also could calculate how many years Malcolm Jones losses and Krishna Lalla funds could have substituted for property tax. Then we could see all the money that was stolen by A Vee and what he going to get in court, that might help too. We didn’t need property tax if wasn’t for all these thieves.

CyatBit7 like to compare, but how many Laventille people still sheitting in latrine, how many other people getting water once, twice for the month, or none at all? How many people resort to fixing their own roads and drains (like I had to do)?
All this PT money going to the CF to be stolen, mismanaged and shared to LFD RFD PNM contractors, froends and family. I have no problem with PT, as long as get the requisite service it is SUPPOSED to provide, and not line KFD RFD PNM pockets

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 14th, 2021, 4:56 pm

sam1978 wrote:I want Habit to calculate how many years property tax could have been cancelled by savings from the indemnity money that is going to be lost. If he could also could calculate how many years Malcolm Jones losses and Krishna Lalla funds could have substituted for property tax. Then we could see all the money that was stolen by A Vee and what he going to get in court, that might help too. We didn’t need property tax if wasn’t for all these thieves.

You do your own calculations. All countries live off of tax revenue. When there is corruption that is a criminal issue. The only criminal issue you raise there is Lalla and A&V and A&V already got absolved civilly. Whether there is corruption or not we cannot continue living off of taxes on the O&G sector. You just had 12 years of property tax being cancelled, that is enough.
De Dragon wrote:CyatBit7 like to compare, but how many Laventille people still sheitting in latrine, how many other people getting water once, twice for the month, or none at all? How many people resort to fixing their own roads and drains (like I had to do)?
All this PT money going to the CF to be stolen, mismanaged and shared to LFD RFD PNM contractors, froends and family. I have no problem with PT, as long as get the requisite service it is SUPPOSED to provide, and not line KFD RFD PNM pockets

If you using a latrine what that has to do with the state?
If you paying the lowest water rates in the hemisphere you expect to get the same service as those paying the highest?
If you don't pay a road tax or haven't paid PT in 12yrs you expect everything to be running smooth.
It is amazing how your concern is about PNM, while UNC is in Opposition and their local govt ppl who would be the ones receiving the PT are being arrested and charged for corruption.
Last edited by Habit7 on September 14th, 2021, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 14th, 2021, 4:57 pm

wing wrote:https://trinidadexpress.com/opinion/letters/property-tax-here-to-stay-mr-tancoo/article_7498ecb8-14eb-11ec-b196-b3c45f3aca85.html

Harry Partap? Collin fadda? :|

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » September 14th, 2021, 11:08 pm

Habit7 wrote:
Habit7 wrote:This is how we compare to Latin America and the Caribbean with personal taxes
Key findings:

The tax wedge across LAC countries varies widely, from 34.6% in Argentina and 32.2% in Brazil to 11% in Trinidad and Tobago and 10% in Honduras. Colombia and Uruguay also have levels above 30%, while Guatemala’s tax wedge is also less than 15%.
Chile (19.1% of gross wage earnings) had the highest personal average tax rate (defined as PIT plus mandatory employee SSCs) in the region followed by Uruguay (18.0%) and Argentina (17.0%). The lowest rates were in Honduras (3.6%), Guatemala (4.0%) and Trinidad and Tobago (4.5%). The average amongst the LAC countries was 9.3% compared with the OECD average of 25.4%.
https://www.oecd.org/tax/latin-america- ... %2025.4%25.

And with business
https://www.caribjournal.com/2014/01/15 ... caribbean/

You pay some of the lowest taxes, some of the lowest water rates and the lowest electricity rates in the region.

I have to pay thousands in home insurance every year yet when ppl roofs blow off they stick out their hand and get money from the govt for a new roof. Simple flood barriers at doors can stop some homes from flooding, but 1 foot of water in a house and ppl getting money to buy back appliances.
Throughout the Caribbean, they are spiking in covid-19 cases and their healthcare sectors, some of which are not free, are running out of oxygen, bedspace and developing mercy committees to decide who dies. While we had 4 brand new hospitals lying around to use for covid-19, plus we are building 2 more.

Yet I have to hear the lament, "what they doing with the tax money?" Well the 5x more for water, 3x more for electricity, 1/4 of your salary going to healthcare and 50% more for fuel with a road tax and the country will be a paradise.
Until then, don't expect beggar mercy yet want rich man standards.
We don't get value for our taxes.

Those folks that get hands outs are a scam. All of whom are red government supporters.

Which injun getting flood money when they were insulted for building on lagoons?

timelapse
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby timelapse » September 15th, 2021, 12:06 pm

Funny how Habit song was different when PP was in government.If Pp had revamped the property tax,was riot in Woodford square fo sho

Ben_spanna
punchin NOS

Postby Ben_spanna » September 15th, 2021, 12:46 pm

Sigh, as usual, this all hinges on which side of the political jacka55 you riding on!

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 15th, 2021, 12:51 pm

Habit7 wrote:

You do your own calculations. All countries live off of tax revenue. When there is corruption that is a criminal issue. The only criminal issue you raise there is Lalla and A&V and A&V already got absolved civilly. Whether there is corruption or not we cannot continue living off of taxes on the O&G sector. You just had 12 years of property tax being cancelled, that is enough.
De Dragon wrote:CyatBit7 like to compare, but how many Laventille people still sheitting in latrine, how many other people getting water once, twice for the month, or none at all? How many people resort to fixing their own roads and drains (like I had to do)?

If you using a latrine what that has to do with the state?
If you paying the lowest water rates in the hemisphere you expect to get the same service as those paying the highest?
If you don't pay a road tax or haven't paid PT in 12yrs you expect everything to be running smooth.
It is amazing how your concern is about PNM, while UNC is in Opposition and their local govt ppl who would be the ones receiving the PT are being arrested and charged for corruption.

Yes, Property tax will lift us out of poverty, (but then you were so dotish to believe that health care was being wholly paid for by surcharge) and all local gov't corps are UNC controlled :roll:
You really are the epitome of the dotish, brainwashed, LFD RFD PNM tapeworm

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 15th, 2021, 1:03 pm

timelapse wrote:Funny how Habit song was different when PP was in government.If Pp had revamped the property tax,was riot in Woodford square fo sho

For you and the others that are incapable discussing the topic or bringing facts to the topic LYING about me doesn't make you look any better.

Habit7 wrote:I do believe property tax should be introduce to bring revenue into the teasury and to reduce the derelict properties that aesthetically scar our country.

I believe that the UNC and COP should apologise for taking a political stance rather than a national when they were not in gov't.
viewtopic.php?p=6363762#p6363762

Either discuss the topic or leave.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 15th, 2021, 1:18 pm

Habit7 wrote:
timelapse wrote:Funny how Habit song was different when PP was in government.If Pp had revamped the property tax,was riot in Woodford square fo sho

For you and the others that are incapable discussing the topic or bringing facts to the topic LYING about me doesn't make you look any better.

Habit7 wrote:I do believe property tax should be introduce to bring revenue into the teasury and to reduce the derelict properties that aesthetically scar our country.

I believe that the UNC and COP should apologise for taking a political stance rather than a national when they were not in gov't.
viewtopic.php?p=6363762#p6363762

Either discuss the topic or leave.

What you might wanna do is cast your LFD RFD PNM jizz filled, jaundiced eye a few posts up to where you Dear Leader JUHN Scarfy was against the property tax when he was in Opposition :?
Also why do you and your other cult dummies get all hot and sweaty and try to silence people, or end the discussion rather than put your points forth?

Oh sheit! It's because your have none!

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”