Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

this is how we do it.......

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Re: Property Tax in Trinidad & Tobago

Postby SuperiorMan » September 29th, 2021, 6:20 am

De Dragon wrote:
SuperiorMan wrote:Really surprised that people just accepting this....no bug protesting etc.

Illegal right now, and Geeyore isn't there to grant permission.

True...good time to pass it for them.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 29th, 2021, 6:48 am

De Dragon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:Again with your made up tootz Dragon.
Blather on.

What's made up arse?
Didn't 7 year degree, children denier, Arse Wari amend the legislation to require a simple majority for passage? You're the the champion LFD RFD PNM when it comes to dotish blind following and hypocrisy

Even the President was moved from her normal slumber to comment on dotish arse Arse Wari's legislation :roll:
Trinidad Express, September 28th 2021
President Paula-Mae Weekes was “immediately concerned” about paragraph 4 of Legal Notice 183 under which Gary Griffith was appointed to act as top cop and communicated this in writing to chairman of the Police Service Commission (PolSC), Bliss Seepersad.
Yet one of the chief LFD RFD PNM ball blower Colos, talking sheit about "outmaneuvering"
Arse Wari couldn't maneuver his way out of a brown bag :lol:

Maybe if you quote yourself more someone will take you on.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 29th, 2021, 6:50 am

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Blather on.

What's made up arse?
Didn't 7 year degree, children denier, Arse Wari amend the legislation to require a simple majority for passage? You're the the champion LFD RFD PNM when it comes to dotish blind following and hypocrisy

Even the President was moved from her normal slumber to comment on dotish arse Arse Wari's legislation :roll:
President Paula-Mae Weekes was “immediately concerned” about paragraph 4 of Legal Notice 183 under which Gary Griffith was appointed to act as top cop and communicated this in writing to chairman of the Police Service Commission (PolSC), Bliss Seepersad.
Yet one of the chief LFD RFD PNM ball blower Colos, talking sheit about "outmaneuvering"

Maybe if you quote yourself more someone will take you on.

Maybe if you climbed out from Arse Wari cacahole, and respond without your usual misplaced smugness, you'd get the credibility you so slavishly crave. :wink:

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 29th, 2021, 6:59 am

Well when you dealing with something I actually said I will.

Until then blather on.

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 29th, 2021, 7:10 am

Redman wrote:Well when you dealing with something I actually said I will.

Until then blather on.

Well your LFD RFD PNM slavish comment was to the effect that Arse Wari outmaneuvered the Opposition. I presented a counterpoint argument, yet instead of reply, you choose teenage sullenness, flippancy and your usual lies, so try again Colos.

Habit7
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Habit7 » September 29th, 2021, 12:15 pm

De Dragon wrote:The "keke keke keke" LFD RFD PNM slaves like him, Tunts7 and Caca Colos who defending it, still cannot say why Impsy 3.75M per unit apartment complex was specifically exempted from property tax. These nimrods too dotish for words :roll:
Redman wrote:What property tax was exempted Dragon???

But you never answer the man here

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » September 29th, 2021, 12:33 pm

De Dragon wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Blather on.

What's made up arse?

not even if it was made of toilet paper & dripping wet

De Dragon
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby De Dragon » September 30th, 2021, 1:39 am

Habit7 wrote:
De Dragon wrote:The "keke keke keke" LFD RFD PNM slaves like him, Tunts7 and Caca Colos who defending it, still cannot say why Impsy 3.75M per unit apartment complex was specifically exempted from property tax. These nimrods too dotish for words :roll:

Running interference for you LFD RFD PNM husband I see :roll:
Property tax meaning taxes on his POS development, that he's constructing against several T/C regs. btw, for which he brought the Bill to Parliament, specifically to gain said exemptions until 2025, thus ensuring that the development will be sold long before that.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 30th, 2021, 6:57 am

De Dragon wrote:
Redman wrote:Well when you dealing with something I actually said I will.

Until then blather on.

Well your LFD RFD PNM slavish comment was to the effect that Arse Wari outmaneuvered the Opposition. I presented a counterpoint argument, yet instead of reply, you choose teenage sullenness, flippancy and your usual lies, so try again Colos.

Nope normal misinterpretation on your part.

What I described wass the impossibility of a clause requiring a 3/5ths majority being added to a bill AFTER IT IS PASSED WITH A SIMPLE MAJORITY.

Given the legal luminance available in the party AND in the Law Association, it would be challenged and taken to court,not move through process unchallenged only to be raised here.

I would have asked if what RB and you are saying is that the dumb AG was able to out maneuver your gods in the above way without challenge

The rest entirely your construct.

Blather on
Last edited by Redman on September 30th, 2021, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redman
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby Redman » September 30th, 2021, 7:16 am

De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Property tax meaning taxes on his POS development, that he's constructing against several T/C regs. btw, for which he brought the Bill to Parliament, specifically to gain said exemptions until 2025, thus ensuring that the development will be sold long before that.

Lol
You always have a problem with someone doing what you constantly do.

Anyhow

Property tax was suspended by the UNC in 2010
I guess that was specifically for Colm

I believe the multifamily tax shelter was on the books already...they just increased it by 5 %

Every PNM tax reduction in a budget is specifically passed for them.
No one else.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 3rd, 2021, 6:03 pm

It's Time with Mickela Panday - Ep 1 - Property Tax

The first episode of my video podcast is a discussion on the Property Tax with guests, Former PM Mr. Basdeo Panday and Former MP and Attorney-at-Law, Mr. Prakash Ramadhar.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 3rd, 2021, 9:49 pm

Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Lol

Anyhow

I believe the multifamily tax shelter was on the books already...they just increased it by 5 %

No one else.

How often do you see a cobo decline to feast on a rotting carcass simply on the grounds that he didn't kill the animal?

ALL OF THEM, PNM, UNC, NJAC,CoP, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM ARE VULTURES, BUZZARDS, CORBEAUX, CARRION FEEDERS, AND THEY ARE FEEDING AND GETTING FAT OF YOUR SUFFERING CARCASS, AND THEY DON'T CARE THAT OR WHY YOU SUFFERING

do what you want with that

daring dragoon
12 pounds of Boost

Postby daring dragoon » October 12th, 2021, 8:45 am

allyuh full out the valuation form or say htmc?

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 12th, 2021, 4:07 pm

Good question.
What was the last percentage figure that talking skidmark impsbottom say the valuation roll reach?

Wraith King
Riding on 18's

Postby Wraith King » October 13th, 2021, 8:07 am

88sins wrote:
Redman wrote:
De Dragon wrote:
Habit7 wrote:

Lol

Anyhow

No one else.

How often do you see a cobo decline to feast on a rotting carcass simply on the grounds that he didn't kill the animal?

ALL OF THEM, PNM, UNC, NJAC,CoP, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM ARE VULTURES, BUZZARDS, CORBEAUX, CARRION FEEDERS, AND THEY ARE FEEDING AND GETTING FAT OF YOUR SUFFERING CARCASS, AND THEY DON'T CARE THAT OR WHY YOU SUFFERING

do what you want with that

You will hurt PNM and UNC supporters feelings. They each believe the party they support better than the next.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 13th, 2021, 10:10 am

I'm sorry to hear that, but I don't really care that much about silly people feelings and emotions.

I stand by my statement.
Hard luck for them.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 13th, 2021, 10:15 am

88sins wrote:I'm sorry to hear that, but I don't really care that much about silly people feelings and emotions.

I stand by my statement.
Hard luck for them.
X2

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 13th, 2021, 11:36 am

If you don't fill out the form is $5000 in yuh tail.
Don't take chain up from no politician. Them ain't paying no fine for you.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 13th, 2021, 5:24 pm

wtf wrote:If you don't fill out the form is $5000 in yuh tail.

Consider the following, then ask yourself two simple questions.
200000 property owners in trinidad
50000 submit the bs return.
150000 refuse and don't.

You really feel that they have the resources to track down and fine 150k people (some of whom may not be in the country)? They had just over 100K ganja cases and realized they eh have the court capacity to pursue them all so instead opted to decriminalize weed, that was actually one of their main reasons.
And even if only 50% of those fined don't pay it, you feel they have the resources to pursue, prosecute and incarcerate everyone?

Anyway, you all run along and submit your documents as your elected masters told you to.

SuperiorMan
punchin NOS

Postby SuperiorMan » October 13th, 2021, 5:28 pm

88sins wrote:

150000 refuse and don't.

You really feel that they have the resources to track down and fine 150k people (some of whom may not be in the country)? They had just over 100K ganja cases and realized they eh have the court capacity to pursue them all so instead opted to decriminalize weed, that was actually one of their main reasons.
And even if only 50% of those fined don't pay it, you feel they have the resources to pursue, prosecute and incarcerate everyone?

Anyway, you all run along and submit your documents as your elected masters told you to.

where you get that number from?

Animal Pak
Sweet on this forum

Postby Animal Pak » October 13th, 2021, 6:16 pm

If the government was really serious about this property tax, they could easily get all the required information from the red house and T&C.

Then just forward it to Valuation division.

This entire process could be handled internally.

Why should citizens have to do Valuations job for them. Hire more people and done.

Unless, they just not serious

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 13th, 2021, 6:40 pm

88sins wrote:

150000 refuse and don't.

They can, though.
They'll prob put some sort of hold on the property that will keep accumulating and you won't be able to do any business with or on the property that requires any state approval/bank letter/other legal doc

widdyphuck
18 pounds of Boost

Postby widdyphuck » October 13th, 2021, 6:55 pm

Don't take chain up.
Fill out your form and submit it.
At the end of the day the government want their tax and the have the majority in parliament so they can collect there taxes.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 13th, 2021, 7:30 pm

wtf wrote:Don't take chain up.
Fill out your form and submit it.
At the end of the day the government want their tax and the have the majority in parliament so they can collect there taxes.

They already got their due in taxes.
VAT is a donation? Stamp duty is a voluntary contribution? So, you are being taxed when you buy material to build, and they want to know what kinda ceiling, floor, and finishes you have in your house to tax you continuously on it annually. And you cool with that? Ok. I'm not ok with being taxed on items I already paid tax on, and I am not alone in that.
Man, look, that dense dunce Toolumhead and that midget minion buck he minding can kiss my arse wrt that property tax in its current format. You want people to be willing and happy to submit their returns and pay the property tax? It simple. Allow the corporation to administer, collect and utilize it to the benefit of property owners, similarly to what's done around the world, including in the US that they so love to reference.
They want to know what is in my house? I'll let them know, as soon as I am informed on the details of what's in EVERY SINGLE POLITICIANS HOUSE/S, AND THEY PAYING TAX TOO.

Till then, all of them should hurry up and drop dead.

The_Honourable
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby The_Honourable » October 19th, 2021, 10:26 am

Imbert gives details on property tax

For persons who own properties which would rent for $3,000, the property tax would around $80 to $90 monthly.

For those persons who own properties which would rent for $10,000, the tax would be $250 monthly.

Minister of Finance Colm Imbert yesterday gave the parameters for property tax as he piloted the Appropriation Bill in the Senate at the Red House in Port of Spain.

“If someone owns a property which could rent for $3,000 a month or $36,000 a year...the property tax on that type of property, which is quite a few properties in T&T for persons at the lower income, would be somewhere around $1,000 a year or $80 to $90 a month. For larger properties, that might rent for $10,000 a month...the property tax would be $3,000 per year or $250 a month. So that is the plan for property tax. We expect that sometime during fiscal 2022 we can initiate the process of collecting property tax,” Imbert said.

He said the property tax was just land and building tax in another name which has been around since 1900.

Imbert said the valuation division of his ministry was gathering information for property tax. “It is a public service-led exercise. It is not being driven by the Minister of Finance, but by the valuations division, in order to create the valuation/property rolls. He said the rolls would have a description of the properties, location, age, size, etc, and the rolls had to be populated with 50 per cent of the number of properties in any given category whether it is residential, commercial, agricultural. He said industrial properties were not being done at this time, but would come later on.

More: https://trinidadexpress.com/business/lo ... 8ed52.html

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 19th, 2021, 10:34 am

Nutting more than taxes aimed at injun people.

Red government HDC and 1% all will pay less

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 19th, 2021, 10:35 am

Remember when somebody said "Ax the Tax", but didn't?
Fun times.

88sins
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby 88sins » October 19th, 2021, 11:33 am

VexXx Dogg wrote:Remember when somebody said "Ax the Tax", but didn't?
Fun times.

remember when somebody said "you property tax s going to be about the price of a zaboca"?
yeah, it go be about the price of a zaboca, but only if you living in a plyboard shack in sealots with a dirt floor
Everybody else, you paying the price of a zaboca.
But what he failed to mention, is that yuh paying as tho that zaboca is be the size of a 100lb pumpkin, and that yuh not even gonna get to see a zaboca seed for your tax dollar.

remember, the act makes it clear, you owe them, and gives zero indication whatsoever of what you get for your money

VexXx Dogg
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby VexXx Dogg » October 19th, 2021, 1:43 pm

yep, but it's the law and "those that be" have no intention of changing it. Those that "used-to-be" didn't change it when they had a chance.

So long story short, we're f*cked and will have to pay when it rolls out. All the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth means absolutely diddlysquat.

zoom rader
TunerGod

Postby zoom rader » October 19th, 2021, 1:50 pm

VexXx Dogg wrote:yep, but it's the law and "those that be" have no intention of changing it. Those that "used-to-be" didn't change it when they had a chance.

So long story short, we're f*cked and will have to pay when it rolls out. All the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth means absolutely diddlysquat.
And the people all rushed and vote back in the red government.

Trini is full of idiots

Advertisement

Return to “Ole talk and more Ole talk”